Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Or Iron Man 2, since that's kind of Tony's thing. Still, I'd prefer an Avengers riff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ballz posted:

Rifftrax teased their new holiday release with this:

:staredog:

If you want to spoil the surprise, it's from this cinematic masterpiece. Ice Cream Bunny, you have met your match.

I can't wait, but at 13 minutes it's gonna have to pack in a lot of crazy to be up there with Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Ballz posted:

If you want to spoil the surprise, it's from this cinematic masterpiece. Ice Cream Bunny, you have met your match.
Love the way he/she/it makes a deliberate, sinister retreat before going "Welp" and ducking out of frame like Horatio Caine delivering a one-liner.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Vicissitude posted:

Or Iron Man 2, since that's kind of Tony's thing. Still, I'd prefer an Avengers riff.

Shawarma didn't show up before Avengers, so...

Also, :woop:/:neckbeard:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's true!

Do the Zoidberg!

What in the world? Zoidberg children has dance moves, even!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Deadpool posted:

I can't wait, but at 13 minutes it's gonna have to pack in a lot of crazy to be up there with Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny.

It's one of a trilogy of shorts, so I'm hoping the release will be for all three.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ballz posted:

Somebody please make the gif go in reverse.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Gavok posted:

Somebody please make the gif go in reverse.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Deadpool posted:

It's in the PD, and up on Youtube. I just watched it and I like that the Kiddie Matinee site called this "crude high art" because it really is.

Really, holy poo poo it's insane.

BloodDesk UnderHell
Sep 24, 2007

Wow! He licks good boot!

Everybody do the 555 95472!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

http://www.rifftrax.com/dvds/shorts-astonish?utm_source=RiffTrax+Mail&utm_campaign=0ebd03b8a2-ShortsDVD_12052012&utm_medium=email

Cool, I'm not the only person who buys the Shorts DVDs it seems!

quote:

Includes the shorts:

Alone at Home
Cops: Who Needs Them?
Fad Diet Circus
Library World
Telephone for Help
The Parts of Speech
Three Magic Words
What if We Had a Fire?
Safe Living at School

Plus!

Boy of Mexico
Borrowed Power
At Your Fingertips: Boxes
It also states in the email I got for that "Includes bonus shorts from our regular RiffTrax Presents contributors Cole Stratton and Janet Varney!".

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
New short about how to save a choking victim.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Finally watching the RiffTrax Live House On Haunted Hill DVD since I didn't get to go to the live event. I haven't even gotten to the movie yet, but I'm watching this Paper short now, and I all I have to say is what in the gently caress :psyboom:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ah Mutant, birth of the wonderful recurring gag Miiiiiike

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So, uh...I watched Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny.

What the poo poo did I actually watch?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Evil Mastermind posted:

So, uh...I watched Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny.

What the poo poo did I actually watch?

The most amazing thing ever put to film.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Deadpool posted:

The most amazing thing ever put to film.

Along with the greatest sound bit Bill Corbett has ever or will ever do.

HURR HURR HURR HURR!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

And I just watched the Star Wars Holiday Special. It wasn't as great of a Riff as The Ice Cream Bunny Riff. Probably because the movie was much much worse. My friend who knows nothing about Star Wars also got less out of it.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

IUG posted:

And I just watched the Star Wars Holiday Special. It wasn't as great of a Riff as The Ice Cream Bunny Riff. Probably because the movie was much much worse. My friend who knows nothing about Star Wars also got less out of it.
Star Wars Holiday Special is pretty far and away my favorite riff, and the nice thing is that going into it you don't really have to know anything about Star Wars, because none of the stuff from the movies is ever really relevant! In fact, it might even be better to not know anything about Star Wars, and just let the nightmare wash over you.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I love the commercial riffing in the Star Wars Holiday Special. Makes me wish they'd riff more old stuff with commercials in it, even though it would be nearly impossible to do.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Deadpool posted:

I love the commercial riffing in the Star Wars Holiday Special. Makes me wish they'd riff more old stuff with commercials in it, even though it would be nearly impossible to do.

That made it far more enjoyable, especially riffing on CBS's lineup.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I don't think the version of the movie/riff I watched had commercials in it. Then again, every time I watch the Holiday Special I do everything possible to blank it from my mind.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wandering Knitter posted:

I don't think the version of the movie/riff I watched had commercials in it. Then again, every time I watch the Holiday Special I do everything possible to blank it from my mind.

I'm not sure how it didn't because they only released a track for the version with commercials in it. If yours didn't have commercials it must have been a nightmare to keep it in sync.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Deadpool posted:

I'm not sure how it didn't because they only released a track for the version with commercials in it. If yours didn't have commercials it must have been a nightmare to keep it in sync.

It probably did have commercials and I'm just forcing myself to forget.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Wandering Knitter posted:

It probably did have commercials and I'm just forcing myself to forget.

But then you won't look for...
...the union label.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah there no version of the track without the commercial. Especially when stuff like TOBOR get referenced in the movie later on.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Then I simply must have repressed them all, just like the rest of the movie. So I know what I'm watching tonight! :dance:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
And since it only exists as a torrent, you can just grab the pre-synced video off a torrent site and save yourself the hassle.

But still buy the track from Mike, dick.

Lobst
Mar 28, 2002

~HUG LIFE~

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

And since it only exists as a torrent, you can just grab the pre-synced video off a torrent site and save yourself the hassle.

But still buy the track from Mike, dick.

Be careful with this, though! I learned the hard way that some pre-synced versions didn't sync up the audio the right way, so some riffs cut into dialogue or aligned with the wrong visuals. I ended up having to manually edit the Rifftrax MP3 in Sony Vegas to make sure everything hit where it needed to.

Having had to manually resync this, the Director's Cut of DareDevil, Star Wars Episode IV, and the Star Trek: New Voyages Rifftrax Presents, I can understand their desire to shift exclusively to on-demand video that no one else can mess with.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Lobst posted:

I can understand their desire to shift exclusively to on-demand video that no one else can mess with.
That said, yesterday they posted on Twitter that they've begun recording for The Avengers.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I've rewatched all the MST3K/Rifftrax/Cinematic Titanic episodes that are Christmas-related and ranked them based on four qualities: watchability, WTF factor, riff quality and overall Christmasness. This is what I've come up with.

How Mike and Joel Saved Christmas: The Top 9 Holiday Riffs

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Gavok posted:

I've rewatched all the MST3K/Rifftrax/Cinematic Titanic episodes that are Christmas-related and ranked them based on four qualities: watchability, WTF factor, riff quality and overall Christmasness. This is what I've come up with.

Wow, this is very detailed and thorough, but I can't disagree with you more about your #1... I'd put it closer to #9 or 8: the pacing is just too slow. The original Santa Claus vs. The Martians gets my vote for #1, then maybe Ice Cream Bunny, and Magic Christmas Tree.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Having just read a review on the Santa Claus shorts RiffTrax is going to do, I honestly can't wait for the riffs. Especially how they talk about the gun-making music.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

From the Rifftrax Twitter:

"RT @StephyAlysse: How much longer must we wait for the Avengers Rifftrax to come out? // It will be out on 12/27!"

EDIT: They also mention some kind of Christmas special before Christmas.

IUG fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 14, 2012

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gavok posted:

I'm actually quite pleased that you included Jack Frost; I always include it in my holiday viewing list, not many consider it "Christmassy" enough.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CaptainYesterday posted:

Having just read a review on the Santa Claus shorts RiffTrax is going to do, I honestly can't wait for the riffs. Especially how they talk about the gun-making music.

I take it you were reading Wrestlecrap? Because I saw the article on it there, glanced at some parts but didn't want to spoil myself too much.

I had no idea that the three Santa shorts are follow-ups to the MST3K Santa Claus movie. They even bring back Merlin!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Gavok posted:

I had no idea that the three Santa shorts are follow-ups to the MST3K Santa Claus movie. They even bring back Merlin!
Holy crap, I hadn't heard about this either. Santa Claus is one of my top MSTs, I've gotta marathon it with the shorts once they hit.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So the new Christmas event will be a new 10 VOD with the various Santa shorts or just a few separate shorts? Hopefully if they do have it as one VOD they don't waste time showing old commercials from the 50s that they don't riff on like the last year one.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

IUG posted:

http://www.rifftrax.com/dvds/shorts-astonish?utm_source=RiffTrax+Mail&utm_campaign=0ebd03b8a2-ShortsDVD_12052012&utm_medium=email

Cool, I'm not the only person who buys the Shorts DVDs it seems!

It also states in the email I got for that "Includes bonus shorts from our regular RiffTrax Presents contributors Cole Stratton and Janet Varney!".

I just picked this up along with The Magic Christmas Tree, because nothing says "holiday spirit" like a husky kid climbing up a tree to rescue a cat named Lucifer.

(The tree also talks. Is it some sort of spiritual successor to the short about the Giant Paper Mills of the South? Because the voice of the talking bag in that one is burned into my brain and I'm sure must have figured into many a nightmare for the original viewers.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I know I'm bringing the Magic Christmas Tree to my friend's Christmas Party!

Last year I brought the Ice Cream Bunny and I still don't think they've forgiven me for that. :v:

• Locked thread