Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

HiveCommander posted:

Can someone please list the criteria for the true and good endings?

End-game spoilers!! I tried replaying the epilogue a few times, but I always get the timeskip and end up on the train.
First time, I talked the team out of throwing Namatame into the TV, Nanako came back to life and I got a timeskip ending where Dojima asked me if I have any regrets.

Second time, I threw the prick in, Nanako never recovered, and got another timeskip.

I didn't end up maxing Nanako's Slink as I thought I had November to finish that off, I assume that is probably why.
From the OP:

quote:

After some dramatic plot events, Yosuke will ask you a series of 6 questions. Answers these questions right to avoid the bad end. (The right answers are 3,1,3, 2, 3, 2).
You need to answer exactly right, otherwise you get one of the bad endings.

You don't need to max Nanako's link to get the good endings, although if you don't max it as soon as possible anyway you're worse than quadruple Hitler. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nah, he avoided that. My guess is that [snip]

e: I was wrong, edited to avoid a needless spoiler.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 3, 2012

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Nah, he avoided that. My guess is that You didn't guess who the culprit was correctly when the game gives you the choice outside of Aiya.
I'm pretty sure you can get the first ending he mentioned by answering the last question wrong. You don't kill Namatame, and Nanako wakes up but stays in the hospital.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Dec 3, 2012

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

You need to answer exactly right, otherwise you get one of the bad endings.

Thanks, this is what I missed.
Now time to load up that save for the 5th time

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Haven't been able to check lately, but does doing the capsule machine on rainy days still give you a chance to get Chest Keys from the storekeep?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yes, it happened to me, although Chest Keys are easy to come by now anyways.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Cake Attack posted:

Yes, it happened to me, although Chest Keys are easy to come by now anyways.

I know, but I prefer to farm as many of them as I can, and it's really easy to get a good bunch on the rainy lead up to the deadlines.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
The new bad ending is hosed up.

I wanted to be Adachi's bro. I didn't really care about the deaths of Mayumi and Konishi. They were bitches anyways. Then he used me to erase the only piece of solid evidence that links him to the case, then blackmails me for tampering with police evidence. It made me really mad for betraying my friends, then get backstabbed by Adachi. I probably wouldn't return to Inaba after that, assuming it still exists after the shadows take over.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Then he used me to erase the only piece of solid evidence that links him to the case, then blackmails me for tampering with police evidence. It made me really mad for betraying my friends, then get backstabbed by Adachi.

It's Adachi, what the gently caress were you expecting.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh god you need the Jester link to be at 6 before the end of the year for it to advance right?

My friend just sent me an email "I'm gonna max out all of the S.Links on the first run! All I have left right now is Jester at 5 but every other link is at 10 I'm so close"

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I just realized Ms. Kashiwagi is voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Nothing strange there as she's apparently a pretty prolific anime VA, but I am always going to associate her voice with Silent Hill which has the side effect of making Kashiwagi creepy as hell. :gonk: (more so than usual, that is)

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

Atlus Representative posted:

Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today announced to eager fans awaiting the release of the upcoming RPG epic Persona 4 that there will in fact be no enhanced or expanded version of the game released, as was the case with the game’s predecessor, Persona 3.

“We are today able to announce that at no point in the future will we announce the release of a “FES” version of Persona 4,” said Tim Pivnicny, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “The very finest, most definitive version of Persona 4 will be the one released on December 9, 2008.”

I've never been so glad to be lied to by a marketing rep. Best game on the Vita.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cha posted:

Wow, I'd never heard the old Chie. How could anyone prefer her to what we got? Good lord.

Normally I would agree, but I felt that Chie didn't really mesh well with the rest of the cast. That's kinda what I liked about her. She sounded different enough to set her apart from the others, but still sounded believable. If you can understand that strange train of logic. But then again I'm sure the new girl does a good job of it. I guess I'll see when I actually get the game.

Although "Ah ha. Is there our chance?" :geno: is (still) pretty hilarious. Not to mention better than literally anything Yukiko says. :colbert:

Oh yeah, I totally went there. See if your anime opinions can match up to mine.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I felt Chie got better as the months wore on in the game. Her delivery on a few lines can be absolutely grating, though.

Also, lay off Yukiko :colbert:

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

FauxGateau posted:

Normally I would agree, but I felt that Chie didn't really mesh well with the rest of the cast. That's kinda what I liked about her. She sounded different enough to set her apart from the others, but still sounded believable. If you can understand that strange train of logic. But then again I'm sure the new girl does a good job of it. I guess I'll see when I actually get the game.

Although "Ah ha. Is there our chance?" :geno: is (still) pretty hilarious. Not to mention better than literally anything Yukiko says. :colbert:

Oh yeah, I totally went there. See if your anime opinions can match up to mine.

So jarring of a change. I love NewChie's voice actor in other games, just not this game. OriginalChie had the whole tomboy thing down even if she did have some rough patches. Just find NnChie annoying as hell, at least 7something hours in. Loving new Teddie, noticable but solid change. Doesn't feel like I'm listening to Gaspard from dotHack//gu anymore.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

This is from a while ago but dammit now I want to learn how to make a beef bowl.

If you have a Japanese food store anywhere near you, you can get these.

Just gotta heat the packets in boiling water and then put them on top of some rice.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

This is the first time I've ever played a game like this. I'm having a great time but seeing all your posts...I'm in over my head. :psyduck:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

This is the first time I've ever played a game like this. I'm having a great time but seeing all your posts...I'm in over my head. :psyduck:

You'll be fine. Even just playing blind, you'll be able to get a lot of great Personas, and half the fun is trying fusion combinations just to see what'll you'll get.

If you want a laugh, try fusing a Mara. Don't look up a guide with pictures, just one of the many text ones with "Fusion of a+b = c". You won't believe what comes out.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Barent posted:

I've never been so glad to be lied to by a marketing rep. Best game on the Vita.

Duh, it's Golden, not FES. :smug:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Schubalts posted:

Duh, it's Golden, not FES. :smug:

What's wrong with P3:FES? I liked it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"Why should I buy Vanilla P3 when I can wait a few months and get P3: Fes?" They don't want to hurt current sales because people think an upgraded version will be released in the near future.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Radish posted:

"Why should I buy Vanilla P3 when I can wait a few months and get P3: Fes?" They don't want to hurt current sales because people think an upgraded version will be released in the near future.

Ah, didn't know about that

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

FES came out in Japan before regular Persona 3 was released in North America and then they put out FES in English something like five months after. Of course idiots like me bought Persona 3 four times so I will fall for their traps at every opportunity.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Radish posted:

FES came out in Japan before regular Persona 3 was released in North America and then they put out FES in English something like five months after. Of course idiots like me bought Persona 3 four times so I will fall for their traps at every opportunity.

Holy poo poo, it was really only 5-ish months after?

No wonder I couldn't finish FES, I had already done everything relatively recently!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Were there any significant changes to the quests? Not that any outside of the Hermit ones were important.

Regarding the new bike events, do they also provide S. Link points (similar to having lunch with that person)? The description also makes it sound like you will only be able to meet your party members at the gas station occasionally; is it hard to see all of the party's bike events on one playthrough as a result?

Reading this thread, it seems like the only things that can catch you buy surprise are the fishing rod and bug net quests, so I'll try to be careful about those.

Should be getting this either today or tomorrow, can't wait.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It's hard to see all of them in one play through because they take up a day. So you need to spend a little over a month of your in game time to get them all.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Nate RFB posted:

Were there any significant changes to the quests? Not that any outside of the Hermit ones were important.

Regarding the new bike events, do they also provide S. Link points (similar to having lunch with that person)? The description also makes it sound like you will only be able to meet your party members at the gas station occasionally; is it hard to see all of the party's bike events on one playthrough as a result?

Reading this thread, it seems like the only things that can catch you buy surprise are the fishing rod and bug net quests, so I'll try to be careful about those.

Should be getting this either today or tomorrow, can't wait.

Other than fishing, no real changes to the quests beyond the ~20 or so they've added.

The Bike Events are less plot and more game mechanic, I believe. They just let you either pick a new skill from the list of 5 each person has, or re-pick a skill for them you have discarded. Each person only shows up a couple times a week; if you really want, say, mind charge for Yukiko or something it'll take awhile and take a small chunk out of your SLink progress.

On a completely unrelated note, I just started up NG+ and found I can still miss little bits of plot even after like 3 playthroughs.

(Don't mouseover this on your first playthrough)
Namatame's delivery truck drives away from the gas station as you arrive. :aaa:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Might as well just do it for party members you plan to use, then.

E: Actually looking at the movelists themselves, it seems like only Yosuke, Yukiko, Naoto, Rise, and maybe Teddie are worth doing.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 3, 2012

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Meiteron posted:

(Don't mouseover this on your first playthrough)
Namatame's delivery truck drives away from the gas station as you arrive. :aaa:

It also drives away when Rise gets kidnapped. I wonder how many other times it shows up.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Lord Ephraim posted:

The new bad ending is hosed up.

I wanted to be Adachi's bro. I didn't really care about the deaths of Mayumi and Konishi. They were bitches anyways. Then he used me to erase the only piece of solid evidence that links him to the case, then blackmails me for tampering with police evidence. It made me really mad for betraying my friends, then get backstabbed by Adachi. I probably wouldn't return to Inaba after that, assuming it still exists after the shadows take over.

Congrats I guess

You helped a nihilistic psychopath and were surprised at the outcome.

How do you even manage that?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Oblivious posted:

Congrats I guess

You helped a nihilistic psychopath and were surprised at the outcome.

How do you even manage that?

Don't you really have to go out of your way to get that ending anyway? I mean like you have to pull as many strings as... they do?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

To be clear I'm being rhetorical when I say how do you even manage that.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Barent posted:

When Persona 4 Golden was first announced, I saw people get absolutely livid that they were lied to by Atlus. Like, angry and cursing and boycotting Atlus because "They told me they would never remake Persona 4. If I had known they would have done this, I would have waited to buy it!"

Like, come on. It's not like these people bought it and then P4G came out five months later, it's been four goddamn years, I think that's enough time for a company to change their mind about something.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
I wish I could see the meeting that lead to the clown rap being included in this. THIS is what we need to make players like our new character!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DeathBySpoon posted:

I wish I could see the meeting that lead to the clown rap being included in this. THIS is what we need to make players like our new character!
You can't say it didn't work.

EDIT: Also how can you even call Mayumi and Konishi 'bitches'? We learn literally nothing about their characters.

They dead.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 3, 2012

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

DarkHamsterlord posted:

When Persona 4 Golden was first announced, I saw people get absolutely livid that they were lied to by Atlus. Like, angry and cursing and boycotting Atlus because "They told me they would never remake Persona 4. If I had known they would have done this, I would have waited to buy it!"

Like, come on. It's not like these people bought it and then P4G came out five months later, it's been four goddamn years, I think that's enough time for a company to change their mind about something.

Yeah I don't understand why anyone would be outraged. It's like getting pissed that they released all the FallOut 3 Expansions in one collection. Anyone that waited years for P4 to save like $40 is crazy.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Endorph posted:

You can't say it didn't work.

EDIT: Also how can you even call Mayumi and Konishi 'bitches'? We learn literally nothing about their characters.

They dead.

Yeah that part of the post struck me as kind of creepy.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah that part of the post struck me as kind of creepy.

they didn't put out, the nerve of them

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm pretty sure what was just a joke, considering (ENDING SPOILERS) that's what Adachi calls them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

The fact that they die (and one of them isn't even dead at the start of the game) doesn't prevent us from learning about them. Mayumi doesn't really have any character, but Konishi does have some. And she's definitely a bitch.

• Locked thread