Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Wonder what the call was. Offsides?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Grainbarn posted:

Where is Suarez on the List?

Below Gareth Bale

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Guy was just volunteering for his son's club too :( Absolutely disgusting

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

the posted:

Is minus.com an appropriate hotlinking site?

Edit: I'm too paranoid to risk it
It's amazing how Darron Gibson has turned into a competent footballer since going to a club where he's getting to actually play football.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Hahaha, a guy literally rang 606 on Saturday and said it was so unfair that Bale has been labelled a diver because he hasn't done it all season....

Savage was agreeing with him too

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Grainbarn posted:

Where is Suarez on the List?

I feel like players would get more calls if they didn't do the whole knee-bend thing as they fall to the ground.

Rooney does it quite a bit and it looks ridiculous:

e: another for posterity

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 3, 2012

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
*squirms*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvkmBfEGw9U

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Oh good loving god that's terrible that he's a Spurs fan.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
it's just a football ground mate sort yourself out.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Can't wait for the full length DVD.

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

TheBigAristotle posted:

I feel like players would get more calls if they didn't do the whole knee-bend thing as they fall to the ground.

The best bits of dives are when the guy doesn't lose the ball entirely so he just gets up and goes and gets it. But if that ball moved a bit far, might as well've been a gunshot to the chest. *tucks knees*

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

irlZaphod posted:

It's amazing how Darron Gibson has turned into a competent footballer since going to a club where he's getting to actually play football.
He wasn't bad at United really, he was often unfairly made a scapegoat and at times he showed the kind of ability that he is doing now at Everton. I remember thinking the price they got for him was ludicrously low, it was anywhere between £500k and £3m depending on where you read, a bargain either way

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Paperhouse posted:

He wasn't bad at United really, he was often unfairly made a scapegoat and at times he showed the kind of ability that he is doing now at Everton. I remember thinking the price they got for him was ludicrously low, it was anywhere between £500k and £3m depending on where you read, a bargain either way

It was the Everton "We handed you Wayne Rooney and took Phil off your hands" price.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Paperhouse posted:

If he could have stopped shooting every time the crowd demanded it...

I loved the guy though, that pass to Valencia in the CL semi 2nd leg oh my..

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

he really was about to get his ankle kicked in there

I don't mind Bale diving out of the way of hard clashes given how much his ankle is worth, or falling over when he gets clipped at 100 mph but I wish he would stop trying to sell it (like he did against Fulham, got clipped but had to do some stupid hand motion) thats just going to get you a cunty reputation

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Modus Trollens posted:

he really was about to get his ankle kicked in there

I don't mind Bale diving out of the way of hard clashes given how much his ankle is worth, or falling over when he gets clipped at 100 mph but I wish he would stop trying to sell it (like he did against Fulham, got clipped but had to do some stupid hand motion) thats just going to get you a cunty reputation

Kicked himself in the leg then claimed it. Arsehole.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat
If you look at the clip in slow motion, it looks like he trips himself by accident trying to avoid the goalie. At least enough for me to think he may have fallen accidentally instead of on purpose.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat

onoflalks posted:

His leg gets shoved behind him by the defender.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Nah he falls over because he thinks he's going to get clipped. That one against Scotland is a pen all day every day though.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

onoflalks posted:

The defender runs behind him and clips his leg, making him trip over himself. Maloney admitted that it was a penalty straight after the match. He is a big diver, but he didnt dive on this occasion!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

atomic gog posted:

The defender runs behind him and clips his leg, making him trip over himself. Maloney admitted that it was a penalty straight after the match. He is a big diver, but he didnt dive on this occasion!

I'm just bitter, we were winning and he got that penalty and then scored this

Bastard.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Chelsea's physio no longer the hottest physio, Pato is a lucky fucker..

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Ninpo posted:

I'll believe it when I see her on the bench. Until then, Eva reigns.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm hardly an expert in this and maybe it's a bad photo but I think the Chelsea physio is better looking.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Soiled Meat

Ninpo posted:

If you like tranny's sure. Otherwise Eva is better.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Can we stop with this now, thanks, this isn't a request.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

The singing at the end was laughable but I'm not going to mock a plastic for having some passion, the one thing that modern football needs more of.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Rycalawre posted:

The singing at the end was laughable but I'm not going to mock a plastic for having some passion, the one thing that modern football needs more of.

I'm actually struggling to mock him for this, it obviously means a lot to him to be there, can't ask more of a fan than that.

gently caress we all bow to a Liverpool "plastic" that runs this forum who is most likely as passionate a fan as this if not more so.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 4, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
That video was actually all right. Don't know who the fella was, but fair play to him

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

Blue Screen Error posted:

Send off Robbie Keane for crimes against gymnastics

mls for crimes v everythin

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
He usually pisses me off because Dave shows Man Vs Food right about when I'm at work starting to get really hungry and don't have a chance to grab a munch, but that video was actually quite touching.

Apparently Aberdeen supporters are supposed to be Spurs fans as well, not really sure why, possibly the same kit at some point, but I think especially for a Jewish lad I could do far worse if I had to pick an EPL team... Or am I being specious?

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Always pick your local team, no matter how bad they are.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
But I don't have a local English team. I don't live in England. I live in Aberdeen, and as depressing as it gets sometimes, I support Aberdeen (we gave you Fergie, Strachan and McLeish, be grateful). So if I want to follow the EPL in a way that's even slightly interesting, how do I know what team I support?

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Coohoolin posted:

But I don't have a local English team. I don't live in England. I live in Aberdeen, and as depressing as it gets sometimes, I support Aberdeen (we gave you Fergie, Strachan and McLeish, be grateful). So if I want to follow the EPL in a way that's even slightly interesting, how do I know what team I support?

In accordance with TRP bylaws Wigan is your only option.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Stefano Andrean posted:

At least we're 100% sure who ate the pies now.

also apparently he has roots in tottenham but who knows

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Rycalawre posted:

Always pick your local team, no matter how bad they are.

What if there's more than one local team that's somewhat relevant?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Adulterous Hitler posted:

What if there's more than one local team that's somewhat relevant?

When I was a kid in North London I based my choice on the fact that my best friend at the time supported Spurs due to coming from a Spurs supporting family. I've always figured this was a reasonable decision making process

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
NOBODY

loving

CARES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN