Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Oh god weirdo cat person post incoming:

So generally Bingo is our only photogenic cat but I realized I wanted to share our other cats as well so here is a bad phone picture of Kilo:

This photo doesn't accurately capture his idiotic vapid stares or his propensity to flip the gently caress out and run up our cat tree at 300 miles per hour. Love this little dude.

(Over the summer I jumped in a lake with my phone in my pocket and it hasn't taken good pictures since. :doh:)

The next picture is pretty embarrassing because it shows how messy our living room currently is (party decorations still out, cat toys everywhere, etc. :smith:) but I wanted to post the cat tree that my roommate's dad built for us. It's a good ~6-6.5 feet tall, I'd say. Napping at the top is my girlfriend's cat Crux.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Dec 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

This was taken on my morning walk today.

I love living by the beach. It's so damned pretty. And dog friendly.

DamnDirtyCat
Dec 6, 2012
Munchkin, then and now

http://imgur.com/BFQ8y
http://imgur.com/32a8G

He still bites everyone

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Was going through my external hard drive and found a great photo of my old dog:

Look at that face. How could you say no to that face.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

a life less posted:

This was taken on my morning walk today.

I love living by the beach. It's so damned pretty. And dog friendly.

That's a really nice picture. Cute doggy!

Goliath is very good at sharing with his best friend.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Dogface wants to wish the forums a merry giftmas :3:

Dressed For Chess
May 6, 2007
Fun Shoe

Kitty yin-yang.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

This is a picture of my good friend's cat. My fiance and I foster, this cat being one of our past fosters. Wink lost her eye at an early age, having grown up in a bad hoarder house situation. That being said, she is fat and happy now, as you can see.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Here's a few pictures of our new puppy, Miles. He's a blue merle Sheltie, and was 17 weeks old when these were taken.

Curry Favor
Aug 23, 2003

Our two kitties Maxwell and Marius. We adopted them about a year ago and they have been the best cats ever. :)

And they really really love that chair.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Got sick of tossing Milo over the fence so we taught him some backyard agility.

Juxtapose
Dec 21, 2012

Lost in time
like tears in rain
Deep in thought about where she hid the bone.

Juxtapose fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 22, 2012

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This is my cat named Princess

She is 14 years old, I've had her since birth. She loves human food a lot.

Sneaky cat. When I had a job I would do the surveys on the back of Panda Express receipts which gave me a free entree, my freebie would be the mandarin chicken without sauce

I can even get her to eat right off chopsticks, sadly I got no pictures of this. Then one time I bought a pack of MREs, I loved these things when I was in the delayed entry program with the Marines so I got myself some, she helped me try them out.

She enjoyed them, guess my cat doesn't mind veggie patties like most people do. Also don't worry, my room is significantly cleaner now that I got so much free time.

EDIT: Oh! I can't believe I forgot. When she was younger, about 2 or 3 years old and before we had this newfangled "digital camera" junk thats all the rage, she used to play with bouncy balls. I'd bounce one and she will stand there watching it bounce and as it gets low enough she will then chase it around and when it stopped bouncing she will grab it with her mouth and bring it back to me :3:

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 23, 2012

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
I'm positive I posted in this thread but I can't find my post. Weird.

Anyway, here's Toffee doing his best Blue Steel

and here he is after chasing a tennis ball forever.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
So, it's been awhile since I posted cat pictures. So here are Christmas Specials, featuring a NEW CAT: Slinky, MY GIRLFRIEND'S CAT.

Rudy:

Molly:

Slinky:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

X-mas for my family! We're getting the cream one (girl) and my dad is getting the black one (boy). Rescue muts from craigslist found in a dumpster! Want to get some doggles and take her on my motorcycle.

:3:

Hiilai
Jun 13, 2009
Jooseppi!

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

This is Snickers. She just turned 17 this month!

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
My friend got a good shot of Shadow looking particularly majestic, goofy ears and all.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
Our new doggy, a Chinese Shar-Pei by the name of Bleu. He spent the last two years as an outside/garage only dog and owner's couldn't keep up with the bills. The SPCA cut his eyes so he can see again. They said they got him from a breeder and he might be purebred, but there's no guarantee. I really have no idea what I'm doing with this poor thing, but my wife insisted that he's the right one for us.

P Grey
Aug 16, 2012

Here is my pet rabbit, Maximus. I got him 1.5 years ago as a gift for my girlfriend. He was supposed to be the miniature version, hence the name. He has however ''lived up'' to his name instead. I guess the people I bought him from were lying.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

P Grey posted:

Here is my pet rabbit, Maximus. I got him 1.5 years ago as a gift for my girlfriend. He was supposed to be the miniature version, hence the name. He has however ''lived up'' to his name instead. I guess the people I bought him from were lying.

quote:

What we do in life, echoes in the hutch

Here's a pic of Pip (a little mix-breed terrier) I bought last year but he died :( He loved Toffee (my English springer) and I thought they'd be lifelong buddies :(

Seedy
Dec 28, 2012

Enjoy!
A perfect reason for a first post.

My two new buddies. A brother and sister pair of Havanese puppies. These are my first dogs that are *MY* dogs. I've been around a few via relationships, but never owned my own. They are only slightly challenging so far. Really really great dogs!

The girl:

The boy (who I can never get to look at the camera, sit still or get a good image of his face directly anyway... his chocolate face makes him expressionless in any light):

Notm
Dec 30, 2012

The one Australian guy
Golden Retrievers are probably one of my personal favourite breeds of dogs around, I've owned two of them and both have been extremely fun to own and live with.

This is a photo of my current golden retriever Major (not my chosen name for him), he's about 6 years old.

Lord Lilf
Aug 12, 2007

by exmarx
This fellow here is Elvis...

...and the one with the smug mug is my girlfriend's cat, Mina.

Bonus: I have no clue who this is. She just just came up and sat on my lap while I was out on the porch one day. :3:

Zerouac
Sep 15, 2004

ARF
Grimey Drawer

Ikantski posted:

Got sick of tossing Milo over the fence so we taught him some backyard agility.

omg I am IN LOVE with everything in this scene :)

My bundle of trouble, Chief, figured out that he could pull the black out off my window if he just charged, jumped, and hung from it

He did this 4 times so I just left it down and he and his sister did some bird watching

I love and hate how smart this cat is.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Lost my big guy tonight. He was a little lethargic yesterday and came home to him struggling to breathe. Terrific cat, I'm privileged to have had 7 years with him

:sigh:

e: first night at home:

survived by his crazy sister

bort fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 3, 2013

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

What hath nature wrought!?

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

WastedJoker posted:

Here's a pic of Pip (a little mix-breed terrier) I bought last year but he died :( He loved Toffee (my English springer) and I thought they'd be lifelong buddies :(

Aw, dude, I'm sorry. What happened? :(

To contribute, this is my Mr. Bobo enjoying the snow. This is my first winter with him, though he's eight years old.

My Bobo luvz me.

He's a good boy.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Sleeping animals time, all pictures from yesterday when it was 42 degrees celcius here (108 in the old money).

Ari, 4 year old Burmese. He likes it on the window sill, no matter how hot it is.

Isaac, 2.5 year old Burmese. Half-blood brother of Ari, from the same breeder. Momentarily awake from being asleep on my gut.

Seamus, 1 year old Cavador. The kitchen floor is cool, but he also needs maximum surface area exposed to the air at all times.

Engine Skull
Jul 9, 2003
I WON'T TRY TO GUESS THE NUMBER THIS TIME LOWTAX
Yay, pets!

These are my 2 cats. First is Munky. He recently hit 15 years old (Hence the name, Korn was still 'cool' and I was still a kid when we got him.) He doesn't appear to have actually aged since he was 3 or 4.

And this is Zakk, who is almost 8. Yes, he's named after Zakk Wylde. He has a solid grey coat that is the softest stuff I've ever encountered.

Zakk and Munky were BFFs who would always sleep together and bathe each other, until Munky got outside and was missing for a few days. Zakk apparently decided to take up the alpha role and now spends his days dive-bombing Munky from atop furniture items.

:3:

Over the last 6 months or so, thanks to a new dog-crazy friend, I have come to realize that not all dogs are obnoxious, slobbering degenerates, and that a properly cared for dog will be the respectable canine companion I always wanted to exist. So, I spent that time researching dogs and breeds and decided I needed either a Sheltie or an Australian Shepherd. Just before Christmas, I found the best of both worlds at a nearby shelter! This is Bowser!

He's currently 14 weeks old. I know his mom is a purebred Sheltie, but nobody had seen the dog who knocked her up. My own research led me to believe he's part Aussie, and most people who stop to greet him assume or ask if he's an Aussie, so I just figure that's the case. I guess he might be part Blue Heeler, but the whole litter looked different so I can't tell. All 6 pups even had different tails/tail lengths, it was weird. (Bowser's tail is stubby looking but about 4" long...it's quite strange)

This is Bowser and his new BFF, Bentley (Who belongs to my friends that educated me on dogs) trading toys.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
^^You better become a regular poster because that dog is cute as hell and I want to see pix of him on the regular

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Cattle dogs don't come in merle. They're just heavily ticked. Shelties DO come in merle, but they tend to have full length tails. Aussies are often docked but sometimes have a natural bob. My guess is an Aussie mix (I guess x Sheltie, since people knew the dame). Was she a merle?

Crazy ears.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

meatay
Jun 12, 2012
My White GSD Tundra:

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
White GSD party!

Sitting in an amusing way!

Chasing a tennis ball!

Finding the rotting tomatoes!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
BECAUSE ART

This is Captain Mewmers barely tolerating me shoving a camera in her face (Please note I'm terrible at post processing too). She basically adopted us so a little over a year ago we finally took her in. Vet gave her a clean bill of health and she was already spayed. She's super sweet but refuses to get along with our other two cats (Leeloo & Rando). Just something we're living with. The shot is a little deceptive, she's actually really really tiny. :3:

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 9, 2013

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
"beautiful gorgeous" is a German german shepherd, she's two years old.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 14, 2013

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Buddy hurt his paw, and his look of confusion, terror, and resignation when I have to change the bandage is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

This is Thor. I rescued him as a puppy in February 2011. The Humane Society said he is a pit terrier mix, but as he's gotten older he really doesn't look like a pit any more. He's only about 40 lbs, and while very wiry, doesn't have the barrel chest or extreme musculature you normally see in pit bulls.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what he might be mixed with, even if it's just an educated guess? I have plenty of pictures and can upload more if necessary.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread