Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.
Goddammit.

MY Pete Alexander didn't save the Orchids...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

With the 7th pick in the draft, the San Juan Elephants select Stan Musial, 1943 vintage.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
UZWorm: 1926 Lou Gehrig for your pick?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

mrnoun posted:

Let me beat this offer!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

If anyone wants to trade down, I will deal 1956 MVP/CY Don Newcombe and the 14th pick.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mks5000 posted:

Here is the link to the google doc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkF311T6qtJidFJyZDFJNGpjRFllVG80MzFmTWJGQVE#gid=0

Feel free to use it or not. If no one else updates it, I will be keeping it as up to date as I possibly can. Please don't be a dick and mess around with the formatting. However, feel free to be a dick in the Comments/Notes section.

Quoting so its on the new page.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Ugh. Worst day ever.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

mrnoun posted:

Weeeeeeeeeeell... Nah.

With the Eighth overall pick the Mighty Oneida Spooners take 1922 Grover Cleveland "Old Peter 'Ol' Peter'" "Pete" Alexander

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

'01 A-Rod

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
The Wausau Woodchucks take Mickey Mantle.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Why is '82 Robin Yount on the draft list twice?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Why is '82 Robin Yount on the draft list twice?
Because 2 teams with '82 Yount were disbanded.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Because 2 teams with '82 Yount were disbanded.

Ah, okay.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I cannot believe Mickey Mantle almost fell to me. Curse you Bruiser! :argh:

Oh well, I'm also pretty surprised this guy fell to me too. With the 11th pick in Dispersal Draft VII, the Hartford Whalers select 2B Eddie Collins, from the year of our lord 1911.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

The Cleveland Commies select '69 Joe Morgan with the hope he can offer greater cosistency than Brian Roberts.

(This is not 100% cosistent with my pre-draft plans, so... not the best start there.)

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

mks5000 posted:

I cannot believe Mickey Mantle almost fell to me. Curse you Bruiser! :argh:

Oh well, I'm also pretty surprised this guy fell to me too. With the 11th pick in Dispersal Draft VII, the Hartford Whalers select 2B Eddie Collins, from the year of our lord 1911.

If 2001 A-Rod had fallen to me I wouldn't have taken Mantle.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

The Albany Pessimists select 1982 Robin Yount.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Which one :v:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Top one, I assume. It's considered the better one.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I'm not thrilled with my options.
Offer me something for my pick right now!

I basically want Willie McCovey but in a position other than first base. I am set with catching too.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 4, 2012

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

I'm not thrilled with my options.
Offer me something for my pick right now!

I basically want Willie McCovey but in a position other than first base. I am set with catching too.

'51 Ralph Kiner? 185 OPS+, dingers for days.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

:siren: Trade proposal :siren:

Tornados receive Ernie Banks
Cultists receive 1st rd draft pick + one of the following: Sewell, Robinson, Stephenson

If a deal cannot be made by 11AM EST and I'm not around, Tornados draft McCovey and express significant contempt toward the Cultists.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
BBM Super-League VIII: Rich Get Richer

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

:siren: Trade proposal :siren:

Tornados receive Ernie Banks
Cultists receive 1st rd draft pick + one of the following: Sewell, Robinson, Stephenson

If a deal cannot be made by 11AM EST and I'm not around, Tornados draft McCovey and express significant contempt toward the Cultists.

The Cultists Accept and take 1924 Joe Sewell and 1982 Robin Yount

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 4, 2012

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

The Cultists Accept and take 1924 Joe Sewell and 1982 Robin Yount
:argh:

drat you, I was going to take Yount.

Alright, give me a couple hours to get off work and figure out who I'm going to draft.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

mentholmoose posted:

:argh:

drat you, I was going to take Yount.

Alright, give me a couple hours to get off work and figure out who I'm going to draft.

I can sell you 1990 yount?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Mornacale posted:

BBM Super-League VIII: Rich Get Richer

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and spoil this for the new owners: Robin Yount does not work out well in the Super-League, and, for all of the hand-wringing that CthulhuDreams did about Ernie Banks last season (and, believe me, if I ever do an obit for the Cultists, it could be entirely composed of Cthulhu's bitching about Banks and still reach 3,000 words), Banks still led the Cultists in home runs by a pretty decent margin.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This might be my whole "rookie Superleague owner" thing talking, but this seems like a really dumb trade for both sides.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

mks5000 posted:

This might be my whole "rookie Superleague owner" thing talking, but this seems like a really dumb trade for both sides.
I came into the draft hoping for Joe Morgan and ended up with Ernie Banks. I'm comfortable losing my platoon 3B with no power.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Straight Edge means that the Saints are better than you!

Owner: Senerio
Home Grounds: The New Nexus Stadium

Teams Used
1960 Milwaukee Braves
1992 New York Mets
2003 Colorado Rockies
2003 Montreal Expos
2005 New York Mets

Past Records
Expansion Cup VI
78-84, 3rd Place, Imaginos Division
Super-League VII
81-81, 3rd Place, Memento Mori Division
Gauntlet VI
Round 9: 23-17, 1st Place, Retired

Right, so, as usual, Senerio told me he didn't want an elaborate obit for his team, and this time around, I agreed, but TKBomber7285 offered to take care of it for me...

And that about sums it up.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Super-League X, Week 10

quote:

BULLDOGS LOSE GAME, CHAMPIONSHIP AFTER SHOCKING RETURN

PARTS UNKNOWN -- Things were going well for the Bulldogs. They were one out away from defending their Intercontinental Championship against the mysterious Conquistadors of Parts Unknown when their masked manager, El Administrador de Oro, rushed the mound and beat the Bulldogs closer into unconsciousness with a steel chair.

TKBomber was left with no choice but to send out another pitcher, who immediately gave up the game-winning homerun.

At the championship presentation, El Administrador de Oro shocked everyone when he got up to speak, unmasking to reveal Senerio, the former owner of the Second City Saints.

"IT WAS ME, BOMBER, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!" Senerio shouted as Bomber looked on. "And as long as I still draw breath, I will dedicate my existence to making sure your team of frauds never wins another accolade in this drat league!"

Bomber's response was far less articulate: He walked up, punched Senerio in the face, then walked out of the room without another word.

The Bulldogs and the Conquistadors will next face off in Portland in the last series before the All-Star Break. And Intercontinental Championship or no, it promises to be a slobber-knocker of a series.

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011
Smasher, you must have telepathic powers because that is exactly what I would have posted for the obit if I actually did help you do it.

On to business that will actually help my team hopefully. I am in need of a good middle infielder and have Mark McGwire, Frank Howard and Ellis Burks that I am willing to move to acquire this help. Just make an offer and we'll see if we can work something out.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Screw it, the Failures select LF 1980 Rickey Henderson

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

With the 18th pick in the draft, the San Juan Elephants select SP Juan Marichal, from 1962.

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 4, 2012

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

BrooklynBruiser posted:

If 2001 A-Rod had fallen to me I wouldn't have taken Mantle.

I took him 8 minutes after the previous pick. I wasn't planning on letting him fall to you.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

tatankatonk posted:

With the 18th pick in the draft, the San Juan Elephants select SP Juan Marichal, from 1962.

Take him, my brother. May he serve you well.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I'm pretty sure I already said it in the thread, but just in case it got missed:

The Providence Barons select John Clarkson as our 19th century draft pick.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

TKBomber7285 posted:

Smasher, you must have telepathic powers because that is exactly what I would have posted for the obit if I actually did help you do it.

On to business that will actually help my team hopefully. I am in need of a good middle infielder and have Mark McGwire, Frank Howard and Ellis Burks that I am willing to move to acquire this help. Just make an offer and we'll see if we can work something out.

I've got 1932 George Grantham (who actually played plus defense with decent power for me in the EC) plus literally every 2B from the Superstars roster. Also would be happy to toss in Norm Cash or Kent Hrbek and some other dudes in a package.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

By the way, if returning owners want to post their updated rosters for next season, that would be helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Mornacale posted:

I've got 1932 George Grantham (who actually played plus defense with decent power for me in the EC) plus literally every 2B from the Superstars roster. Also would be happy to toss in Norm Cash or Kent Hrbek and some other dudes in a package.

Just to have a start to our negotiations, I will make the following offer

Bulldogs give
Mark McGwire
Ellis Burks

Bloggers give
George Grantham
Norm Cash
Bloggers' 2nd round Expansion Draft pick

TKBomber7285 fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 5, 2012