Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

The_Doctor posted:

This might be one of the first waves where I want every figure from it.. I'm just going to grab some bags and go home happy, not sit there feeling for what I'm getting. :)

I'm gonna buy a whole case, and I will sell/trade the spares. That's an awesome lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
God drat that's a great series. I'm going to load up on those knights.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Reposting for new page:

A motherfucking space ork.

A SPACE ORK.

and some sort of jetpack-motocross-guy.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
That set is awesome, buying a whole case sounds like a great idea

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
If anyone ends up with any extra knights, cops, or derby girls I will gladly take them off your hands. No where near me sells the darn things. :(

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I need some of those chickens. Then they can hang out with my lizardmen.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Jekyl and Hyde would be done much better with the yellow/green being an entire side of the head and the hat being replaced with a hairpiece.

Testro
May 2, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

This might be one of the first waves where I want every figure from it.. I'm just going to grab some bags and go home happy, not sit there feeling for what I'm getting. :)

I like buying when I don't already have any figures - it's much easier to feel for packs that don't match each other than feeling for specific figures.

Whenever I've just dipped in and grabbed, I've never fared too well and always end up with multiples, even when I've only bought 3 or 4 bags!

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Amazon.fr is selling the minifig boxes again (for 120), anyone in europe want to split a box? I think the eurobricks review mentioned it only having 2 complete sets + lots of army dupes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo, I want a bunch of those!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Oh these are way cooler than I remembered seeing before. I think they're sorting out their target markets for these.

I can't say I'm real interested in the mermaid. The ones I have from PotC just live in a drawer...

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

rickiep00h posted:

I can't say I'm real interested in the mermaid. The ones I have from PotC just live in a drawer...
Yeah but this one comes with Staryu (or Patrick, if you prefer).

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Ika posted:

Amazon.fr is selling the minifig boxes again (for 120), anyone in europe want to split a box? I think the eurobricks review mentioned it only having 2 complete sets + lots of army dupes.

How many are in a box?

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Sockser posted:

Reposting for new page:

A motherfucking space ork.

A SPACE ORK.

and some sort of jetpack-motocross-guy.

Was there a release date for these? This series looks real good and I find myself like The Doctor and wanting all of them.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

^^^^^^^
Today I believe

Cakefool posted:

How many are in a box?

60, and according to the eurobricks review they are split up as follows:

2: Waiters, Hollywood starlets, roller derby girls, fortune tellers, forest maidens, plumbers

4: Roman emperors, Chicken suit guys, Judges, Mermaids, Battle mechs, Mr Good/evil

6: Cyclops, Knights, Policemen, Alien avengers

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
I really like the alien and battlemech. I just can't ever get enough of non licensed lego space stuff so I am a bit biased.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ika posted:

What's the normal cost on a case?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is that cyclops eye printed on the interior head?! Giant eyeball head here we go!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This is so good

http://surmalegobros.blogspot.com/

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Yeah it is, I love that stylized take on the old space themes, makes em feel really romantic and fresh.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Captain Invictus posted:

What's the normal cost on a case?

I have no idea, the stores near where I live always sell individual figures for 2.50, which works out to be 150 total.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Eurobricks had a Series 9 review up

Lots of nice new pieces, but there's a lovely problem: there's only two complete sets in a box. There are only 2 each of Starlet, Waiter, Plumber, Fortune Teller, Roller Derby Girl, and Forest Maiden.
There's six each of Knights, Cops, Cyclopses, and Ork Space Marines. Not bad if you're army building them. There's 4 each of everything else.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I'll be honest, the spread is perfect for me, I usually get a full set + a couple dupes of cool figures for work, and depending on the army type a handful of them. And for this series I don't want any dupes of the ones there are only two of.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Cyclopes. :eng101:

[ts]xenophobe
Apr 21, 2004

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Another reason LEGO Corp is awesome

http://consumerist.com/2012/12/03/lego-finds-spare-discontinued-set-so-boy-who-saved-up-for-2-years-wouldnt-be-disappointed/

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Ika posted:

^^^^^^^
Today I believe

My local Lego Store (Orange County and Disneyland) said today they have no idea when Series 9 is coming out and don't believe it'll be on shelves any time soon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

January, I thought?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

the semi official review on eurobricks says global launch on the third. Also yesterday amazon.fr was showing the box of figures as well as all the Q1 technic sets as immediately available, but now they aren't listed anymore.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I wonder how stuff like this is already ending up at Goodwill.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=11995920

Are they swimming in piles of cash or did they not think to just return it, or flip it on Craigslist?

At least with some of the crazy stuff I've seen on there (MTG Power 9 for example) you could understand some mom cleaning out a closet and not realizing what they were doing, but this had to have been bought so recently :psyduck:

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Ika posted:

^^^^^^^
Today I believe

We haven't gotten any yet, and my manager hasn't said that we are receiving any soon.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Amazing :unsmith:

Now make another carriage for the rest of us Lego!

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
Even if they had to locate a used one and pay the $200 market value, they easily got thousands of dollars worth of advertising out of it.

Sloppy posted:

I wonder how stuff like this is already ending up at Goodwill.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=11995920

Are they swimming in piles of cash or did they not think to just return it, or flip it on Craigslist?

At least with some of the crazy stuff I've seen on there (MTG Power 9 for example) you could understand some mom cleaning out a closet and not realizing what they were doing, but this had to have been bought so recently :psyduck:
"Goodwill of Orange County". That kind of says it all.

We have a Goodwill in the good part of town, and it's the same story. You'll see all manner of good, lightly used, high dollar stuff. Basically, these are people with outrageous amounts of money. It never occurs to them to sell it on Craigslist because they're never on Craigslist and they can't be bothered to deal with it. Better to just take the tax write off for something you don't want and are never going to use again.

Suppose these people make 10 times what you make now. Would you really dick around with CL to get rid of an item that will net you $5? I won't. It's not unreasonable that some of these people make 50 or 100 times what you do. Would you do it for $0.50? gently caress no, you wouldn't.

einTier fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 5, 2012

WhatAliceFoundThere
Jul 18, 2007
Dressed like a victorian at a swimming pool
Only two Roller Derby girls in a box? drat, a bunch of people in my derby league already get the Minifigs and we all want a derby girl, was hoping they would be a lot easier to get hold of.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
I'm really hoping the two complete sets thing is a fluke. It seems odd, but who knows. This should be a great series regardless. Definitely considering just picking up a box.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

WhatAliceFoundThere posted:

Only two Roller Derby girls in a box? drat, a bunch of people in my derby league already get the Minifigs and we all want a derby girl, was hoping they would be a lot easier to get hold of.

I don't know what would be easy to feel up there. Maybe the skates?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

ChesterJT posted:

I don't know what would be easy to feel up there. Maybe the skates?

I'm going to take some guesses on them:
Roller Derby Girl: Feel for two identical small pieces (they're so small I suspect they'll be difficult to identify through the package), confirm with the helmet.
Waiter: Obviously, wine bottle. Confirm with the tray so you don't confuse it with Hyde's beaker.
Ceaser: Only thing you'll be able to ID in this one is the 2x2 tile.
Cyclops: The head's probably going to be confused for the chicken and space ork helmet, so go for the club; it's a rather large piece with distinct spikes on it.
Cop: Handcuffs, but confirm with a single 1x2 tile. The hat may not be distinctive enough inside the packaging.
Chickenman: The unique torso should be a dead giveaway.
Space Ork: The gun will probably be easier to ID than anything else; the armor will be confused with the mecha armor and possibly bulky hair pieces.
Mermaid: The tail should be pretty easy to distinguish.
Mecha: The armor's going to be confused with Space Ork. I'd say the lack of a gun should be confirmation.
Plumber: The plunger is one piece and the plunge end is rubber and fits on a fig's head like a hat. Should be easy.
Fortune Teller: Dress to narrow it down, two 1x2 tiles to confirm
Judge: You should be able to feel the rolls of hair through the package with your fingernail. The gavel should be pretty distinctive.
Forest Maiden: Eurobricks said the hair is rubber, which should help. Also, the dress. The bow and shield should be pretty easy to ID through the package.
Hyde: The beaker, with no tray and a flat topped and flat bottom hat.
Starlet: Another dress, but this time confirm with the short hairpiece or trophy.
Knight: The sword and plume should be pretty easy to find if they aren't hidden by the base or sheet insert.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

That plunger makes me think Daleks will be easier to make..

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

einTier posted:

Even if they had to locate a used one and pay the $200 market value, they easily got thousands of dollars worth of advertising out of it.

"Goodwill of Orange County". That kind of says it all.

We have a Goodwill in the good part of town, and it's the same story. You'll see all manner of good, lightly used, high dollar stuff. Basically, these are people with outrageous amounts of money. It never occurs to them to sell it on Craigslist because they're never on Craigslist and they can't be bothered to deal with it. Better to just take the tax write off for something you don't want and are never going to use again.

Suppose these people make 10 times what you make now. Would you really dick around with CL to get rid of an item that will net you $5? I won't. It's not unreasonable that some of these people make 50 or 100 times what you do. Would you do it for $0.50? gently caress no, you wouldn't.

It's in Santa Ana, which is not a bastion of rich, bored housewives like you see on TV. Not -all- of Orange County is wealthy.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Just throwing up a reminder, AzMiLion will be doing an LDD stream later on today at 8pm GMT. He'll be showing general LDD stuff but if there's anything specific just ask in the thread or the chat on the stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangittj
Jan 25, 2006

The Force is strong with this one
You guys and your goodwill/craigslist/garage sale/flea market finds suck. I have found one set in the past 6 months, and it was a tiny little outback car they wanted $15 for.