Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Was right in the middle of that, make no apologies, was very good football banter and was in the very first Poznan ever shortly after when Lech Poznan scored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

Lol that's the start. We're still totally in "happy to be here" for European away matches so :cheers:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pissy smelliott posted:

At least his turned up

:golfclap: Well played Chuggo, well played.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
How they celebrate championships in 'Mercia

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

Pigma_Micron posted:

How they celebrate championships in 'Mercia

Who is the un identified fan there?

Party in the UAE fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 5, 2012

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Party in the UAE posted:

It's Omar Gonzalez. God bless him. :911:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Party in the UAE posted:

Robbie Keane

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Robbie Keane is literally dead loving center in that picture, you can't miss his barber school haircut.

Davey Beckman is conspicuous by his absence though, unless he's under the robe...

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.

Shrapnac posted:

Robbie Keane is literally dead loving center in that picture, you can't miss his barber school haircut.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
1) "Unidentified fan" was a joke about that one Beckham/Keane/random kids pic at the Lakers game.

2) Beckham is right in front of Keane kneeling down... in front of the very large defender with the open robe.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pigma_Micron posted:

1) "Unidentified fan" was a joke about that one Beckham/Keane/random kids pic at the Lakers game.

2) Beckham is right in front of Keane kneeling down... in front of the very large defender with the open robe.

I got the joke but felt it necessary to post about Keane's awful haircut, even my dad cracked on him about it during the Final.

Beckham is literally indistinguishable without seeing the pompadour but you're right.

And yes, I spelled indistinguishable and pompadour correctly without the aid of spell check.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Shrapnac posted:

And yes, I spelled indistinguishable and pompadour correctly without the aid of spell check.

Unironically impressed by this.

also:
Bruce Arena (Galaxy head coach) and Bekham making the faces I'll be making for the next three months over in the MLS thread

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSCTXuvRKAY

Possibly :nws: for semi-naked man

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Incredible.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
From better days:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Joey Barton is having a bit of a meltdown on Twitter about Jim Royle of the Daily Mail making homophobic comments about him.

https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/276329918621696000

(Jim Royle being Martin Samuel)

e: here is the article

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 5, 2012

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Joey Barton is having a bit of a meltdown on Twitter about Jim Royle of the Daily Mail making homophobic comments about him.

I think he's entitled to his meltdown this time. It's a pretty lovely article, even for the Mail.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Martin Samuel is a piece of poo poo hack

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnac posted:

I think he's entitled to his meltdown this time. It's a pretty lovely article, even for the Mail.

Oh I didn't mean to imply he wasn't, Samuel is a massive massive oval office.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Ninpo posted:

lmao look at Neil Wallis' reply. suicide bomb fleet street and dance in the ashes (the guy was a Sun editorial staffer circa The Truth and thinks it's appropriate 'banter' for him of all people to play on scouser stereotypes of any kind)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Martin Samuel somehow got voted best sports journalist of the year a few years ago. Now he's a proper daily mail writer.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Scott Bakula posted:

Martin Samuel somehow got voted best sports journalist of the year a few years ago. Now he's a proper daily mail writer.

wow, that's an award less prestigious than Plymouth Argyle Player of the Year 2011/12

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Babby Thatcher posted:

lmao look at Neil Wallis' reply. suicide bomb fleet street and dance in the ashes (the guy was a Sun editorial staffer circa The Truth and thinks it's appropriate 'banter' for him of all people to play on scouser stereotypes of any kind)

Love his inference that having a French accent makes you gay.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Scott Bakula posted:

He was on that journos read the papers they wrote show on sky sports last weekend and one of them was asked which Arsenal players are top quality. Guy says Cazorla, and Wilshere when fit.

Then Martin Samuel shouted out Vermaelen! and the guy gave him a dirty look and I lolled big time.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

A not at all posing for the camera BAE in training

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Jelavic wants to scare children:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB2TFF0__rc

Brendan Rodgers at a recent press conference when asked if Suarez was cheating with the handball at the Southhampton match...

And remember when the world was a better place?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqn9y4_liverpool-v-real-madrid-4-0-all-goals-highlights_sport#.UL9hkJOLLMA

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 5, 2012

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ninpo posted:

Love his inference that having a French accent makes you gay.

It's clearly sarcasm

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB2TFF0__rc

shite, TyChan beat me to it, so here's a gif of it

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 5, 2012

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

#UTB

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Love this. Especially the piano rendition of Z Cars.

Ming the Merciless
Aug 10, 2005
You're a beard with an idiot hanging off of it.

Interesting to see how many of the players in those lineups are at Real now versus those still at Liverpool.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
ahh bbc picture choices always so on point

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

(Via Cadfael)

The aftermath:

quote:

Kris Commons þ@kcommons15
Now that's a dead leg!!! Worth it though to get in last 16. Buzzin is a understatement

Good man.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 6, 2012

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

TyChan posted:

Good man.

Messi was sure nice to let a Celtic winger into the Barca locker room to photo his leg!

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

TyChan posted:

(Via Cadfael)

The aftermath:

Good man.

Jesus Christ that lump is a 2nd knee.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Is the voice in this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6DElrKyEFs

The same as this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiUWx7XGNN8

I've always been curious if that guy did commentary for the 2005 final.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 6, 2012

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

TyChan posted:

(Via Cadfael)

Another pic

Goddamn..

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

2 percocets and you can play right through it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

Rats in the hallway again!

TyChan posted:

I've always been curious if that guy did commentary for the 2005 final.

nope, it's another guy.

• Locked thread