Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Corridor posted:

Uggggh loving BJDs people. Remember how Denise refused to give the OP somewhere to crash because she wanted to get a designer ball-jointed doll? Remember how we discussed how loving insane doll owners are?

Well, I'm learning how to make art dolls with ball joints (because it's fun and because they go for shitloads), and I'm getting the mechanics of the joints worked out, like what type to use, how many, where to put them, how to string them once they're done, etc.

There's a lot of useful info on the net by various craftspeople, but every now and then I'll stumble across a consumer-made BJD tutorial video. These are typically for the people who buy the dolls and want to paint them, or apply their own wigs or eyelashes, re-string them, etc. I should have a loving checklist handy for the bullshit contained in these vids:

Exhaustive list of designer parts "This is a Dollzone Fei with a custom face up from the Junly Spot store. His eyes are Soom Luciferin and his wig is a Monique Johnny."

Recommendations for expensive equipment that they just toss out there for everyone to buy ie. special hooks, brushes, kits etc. I'm not even talking about the bits of the actual doll like paint or eyes and poo poo, I'm talking about stuff they use to polish or string them or hold bits of them in place and so on. For the record, you could seriously do the exact same poo poo with bits of cheap wire or glue or common sense.

Camera pans away from the dollmaking equipment to show off anime collections or limited edition loli mousepads or whatever.

Pocky packaging nonchalantly placed in shot.

Hands and arms of the doll owner are fat.

You have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Well don't leave me hangin'.

e. I freed some PM inbox room.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

Corridor posted:

I think those dolls were mentioned in Mental. The schizophrenic Mary Poppins figure burns them with farts

Though you see one creepy doll you see them all.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Corridor posted:

I own a BJD and I'm part of a doll meet up in my area. My group's really nice and pretty down to earth for doll owners. That being said my group contains:

1) A girl who will pick up other people's dolls and spend the entire meet up sitting silently while rocking back and forth. As soon as the dolls are put away and we go out to eat together she's perfectly normal.

2) An older woman who asked me if my doll had started talking and telling me secrets yet. I laughed. She was serious. :stare:

3) And a girl my own age with twenty dolls each over $800. And a LiveJournal (why is it always a LiveJournal) where she documents her doll's yaoi romances.

And honestly this is all very normal. I'm sure people who have been around DoA longer have more stories. Like the girl who sucks on her doll's feet. :gonk:

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine

Wandering Knitter posted:

And honestly this is all very normal. I'm sure people who have been around DoA longer have more stories. Like the girl who sucks on her doll's feet. :gonk:
Uhm... isn't that poisonous?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cubivore posted:

That would explain so many things.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

cubivore posted:

One of the few times them doing it to get high would be the less stupid possibility.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I bet someone, somewhere has a toad-licking fetish and is constantly frustrated because everyone assumes it's a drug thing, when in reality, that's giving them way too much credit. :allears:

lucythenomad
Mar 6, 2012
Remember Frederick ? My friend from high school who was obsessed with queen Victoria and wanted to be reincarnated as her? I thought that his insane tendencies had ended long ago. But two months ago, he apparently decided to become the most stereotypically annoying Vegan ever. Since then, he has
-spent his free time distributing free vegan cake at street corners and trying to talk passers-by into becoming vegan
-participated in public protests where he has dressed up as a farm animal (he didn't tell me which , I should probably ask him, and ask for pictures as well. I think theyes could be hilarious)
-refused to go to his company Christmas party because they didn't provide vegan food. Very well, but instead of just quietly not going there, he apparently whined to every single person in his workplace how he is being discriminated against (he told me this and was apparently proud)
-put everyone at another party in a lovely mood. They asked him why he was vegan and he immediately told them gruesome details about the dairy industry. (he was also proud of that.)

He has pretty much admitted to me that he enjoys pissing as many people off as possible with his veganism. Which is really something considering he is 24 and almost done with his master's degree.

I could kind of deal with that but now he is talking about adopting a cat and feeding it a vegan diet. I hope he doesn't go through with it.
I don't know whether this is a step up from thinking you are going to be reincarnated as queen Victoria and rule over an absolutist empire where people are thrown into jail for smoking.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

lucythenomad posted:

I could kind of deal with that but now he is talking about adopting a cat and feeding it a vegan diet. I hope he doesn't go through with it.
I am almost certain this will kill the cat. Dogs can get away with vegetarian diets and the likes, but cats need meat in their diet. They simply can't get the proper nutrients without it. Pet Island's cat megathread appears to confirm this.

Please don't let this dipshit get a cat.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Dick Burglar posted:

I am almost certain this will kill the cat. Dogs can get away with vegetarian diets and the likes, but cats need meat in their diet. They simply can't get the proper nutrients without it. Pet Island's cat megathread appears to confirm this.

My grandmother's cat was vegan for ten years. She was blind, deaf, and could barely walk at the end of her 21 years. BUT, she was 21 years.

And I gotta say, yes, Frederick sounds annoying, but as a former vegan, it is really, really hard not to bring up, "animals are being treated as though their lives and comfort do not matter" or explain the cruel treatment in even the vaguest detail, when someone asks you why you're vegan- there really aren't a whole lot of other things to say.

It's like if someone asked me why I'm feminist*- it's really hard not to talk about things that might make some people uncomfortable, like rape culture, or sexual exploitation. Like, I could not mention those things, but they are a HUGE part of why I'm feminist.

So, yeah, he sounds annoying as hell, and I wince when I look back on how obnoxious I was, but when someone asks me "why are you vegetarian?" I don't just say, "Because of my health" I point out that animals are treated poorly before they're killed, and I don't wanna be a part of that.

*I am not equating feminism with veganism.

Content:

My best friend's mother thinks the X-Men movies are "discriminating" against her, because she, too, has special powers.

She can speak to the universe :)

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Haymaker_Betty posted:

My grandmother's cat was vegan for ten years.

I sincerely doubt it, unless your grandma had some really specially prepared food and supplements for the cat.

lucythenomad
Mar 6, 2012

Haymaker_Betty posted:

Content:

My best friend's mother thinks the X-Men movies are "discriminating" against her, because she, too, has special powers.

She can speak to the universe :)

Please tell me more about this. :justpost:

I really hope it is just beginner's enthusiasm and he will become a bit more relaxed soon... I am trying to talk him into buying an animal that is a herbivore instead. A bunny or something.

lucythenomad fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 4, 2012

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Install Gentoo posted:

I sincerely doubt it, unless your grandma had some really specially prepared food and supplements for the cat.

She insisted it was, but like I said, that cat was hosed up by the time it died. I don't wantto be misunderstood, though- veganism =/= healthy, especially obligate carnivores. I think making your cat/dog/infant, whatever, be vegan, is blatant, ignorant cruelty.

I was a "good" vegan- i ate lots of nuts and beans and leafy greens and whole grains, but even a healthy vegan is at a slight nutritional disadvantage, but enough veganism derails!

Yeah my friend's mom is... nice and friendly, but is 100% convinced she's psychic. She boycotted x-men, or like got mad and wrote about it on FB, because she said that the movies were offensive to people like her. People with powers. She used to call up all of her three kids asking if they were sick a lot, because the "universe told [her] they were" and if she was wrong, she'd say it was because they were going to get sick eventually. Which of course my friend did, because people get sick where we live A LOT.

My biodad used to tell my mom he was a vampire. He also said he is immortal after staring into the sun for 20 minutes. He's also positive you don't have to pay taxes if you never start paying them in the first place.

God I have a lot of hosed up stories about my family, but I don't think people will find them funny, if reception of my last stories about my mom was any indication :S some things you have to laugh about or you'll freak out.

I am never having kids.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
You don't think stories about about a tax-avoiding vampire who can stare into the sun for 20 minutes and be immortal would be funny?

Beezle Bug
Jun 5, 2009

I love painting trees.
God that vegan pet food poo poo really bothers me, I mean it's really cruelty to animals perpetrated in the name of helping them. Isn't ethics-based veganism all about like, not doing hosed up poo poo to animals because you "know better" or "it's for a good reason"? I mean, I'm far from a vegan myself but it just seems really off for someone who purports to care so drat much about animals to be willing to harm them for ideological reasons. If you want a vegan pet get a rabbit, christ.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Question Mark Mound posted:

You don't think stories about about a tax-avoiding vampire who can stare into the sun for 20 minutes and be immortal would be funny?

No seriously, read his previous posts about his mum. This stuff about hosed up lunatics isn't really funny when you're reading it from the perspective of the child they horrible abused.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Beezle Bug posted:

God that vegan pet food poo poo really bothers me, I mean it's really cruelty to animals perpetrated in the name of helping them. Isn't ethics-based veganism all about like, not doing hosed up poo poo to animals because you "know better" or "it's for a good reason"? I mean, I'm far from a vegan myself but it just seems really off for someone who purports to care so drat much about animals to be willing to harm them for ideological reasons. If you want a vegan pet get a rabbit, christ.

To be fair, the vegans I knew had the decency to accept that if they wanted to keep dogs and cats as pets they couldn't feed them a meatless diet. I don't even know anyone who did the vegetarian dog food, they just bought a quality organic pet food and were done with it.

And yeah, those were animal rights vegans. Trouble is that all but a very very few hardcore animal rights activists actually just love animals and want to have them around as companions, so there's very little one can do but accept a little hypocrisy.

NB: Have never been a vegan because cheese.

Beezle Bug
Jun 5, 2009

I love painting trees.
Oh, no, to clarify I'm definitely not saying all vegans do that. I've met plenty of awesome vegans and nobody who would feed a carnivorous animal a meatless diet. It's just something I've seen a few times and it always just gets me because not only is it irresponsible, negligent, and self-absorbed it's also basically spitting in the face of what they say they care about.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Haymaker_Betty posted:

And I gotta say, yes, Frederick sounds annoying, but as a former vegan, it is really, really hard not to bring up, "animals are being treated as though their lives and comfort do not matter" or explain the cruel treatment in even the vaguest detail, when someone asks you why you're vegan- there really aren't a whole lot of other things to say.

That's fine but what annoying vegans do is explain all this to people who didn't ask.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Earwicker posted:

That's fine but what annoying vegans do is explain all this to people who didn't ask.

Agreed :shobon: in the context of the mockery, though, it was people who were asking him to explain his position.

I resolutely refuse to continue the vegan derail, however! I'm getting sucked back in - as the only [former] vegan here, I think, maybe, I feel a need to defend myself as one of the "good ones," which is utterly ridiculous.

And yes, Corridor is right Question (except I am a lady)- stories about my crazy, abusive, mean, and did I mention completely insane family are only funny if a) you lived through it and the humor keeps you from feeling like you're permanently broken inside because of them or b) you have never, ever, ever, ever known someone whom you knew was abused. I'd rather tell out-of-context ridiculousness than full-on stories.

For instance, my biodad believes in "going Galt" :D and when my sister was having a lot of issue in high school, my parents did the following, in this order:

1) Made her take all of her things off of her alarm clock, accusing her of trying to break it... with Beanie Babies
2) Took her door off of her room - yes, you read that right, took the door, Humper Monkey(?) style - because she refused to take the things off the alarm clock (there were other things going on, obviously)
3) spread Holy Water around her room when she wasn't home because they thought she was possessed. They are not even religious. They are atheists. Staunch, really obnoxious ones.

They also thought there was a poltergeist.

My mother also, for a year or two when I was in high school, totally believed that she had an animal-specifically an owl-living inside her soul. An owl soul, I guess, not like, an actual owl... nesting. She had these "Native Indian Animal Tarot Cards" that she would, regularly, pull out to speak to the owl.

But the owl was just the most frequent animal, she would also talk about a coyote or a bobcat (can you tell we lived in the desert?) among others. I wish she'd been more specific, now, or that I'd asked her about it instead of quietly leaving the room, pretending I had homework, because it would be great fodder for this thread :P

vvvv hahaha that song is awesome

don longjohns fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 4, 2012

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Haymaker_Betty posted:

My mother also, for a year or two when I was in high school, totally believed that she had an animal-specifically an owl-living inside her soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjSzjoU7OQ

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study

Dick Burglar posted:

This. Cats need taurine to live. Taurine only naturally occurs in meat.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

dumb brunette posted:

:stare:

Holy crap. Are you sure this girl has no relation to the FF7 house? Surely there can't be that many crazy people in the world! Surely ...

:cry:

.... holy loving poo poo. I just spent the last half-hour reading that poo poo. There are no words. Oh dear.

I mean, this kind of stuff has to be fiction, right? There can't be actual conditions that lead people to be like this, right?

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Twee as gently caress posted:

.... holy loving poo poo. I just spent the last half-hour reading that poo poo. There are no words. Oh dear.

I mean, this kind of stuff has to be fiction, right? There can't be actual conditions that lead people to be like this, right?

Ahh, I love it when someone gets horrified at the internet. It's like reading Martin Random's horrible roommate story for the first time, the horror and revulsion. The real internet starts here.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Part of Everything posted:

This. Cats need taurine to live. Taurine only naturally occurs in meat.

And red bull. Give your cat red bull to drink with their vegan diet and they'll be fine! Nothing can go wrong with this at all.

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:

Slime posted:

And red bull. Give your cat red bull to drink with their vegan diet and they'll be fine! Nothing can go wrong with this at all.

I am now picturing the cat version of Iggy Pop: skeleton thin and tweaked out.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Guesticles posted:

I am now picturing the cat version of Iggy Pop: skeleton thin and tweaked out.

This is my actual cat :D I'm so telling my fiance the Iggy Pop thing when I get home.

Trismegistos has finally started to gain weight again recently, though, since his pancreas is less swollen.

Conspiracy Theories My Mom and [Step]Dad Believe:
  1. 9/11 "Truth"/Everything in the movie Zeitgeist
  2. That the moon landing never happened (my mother also hates NASA and thinks it's a waste of money)
  3. The gov't tries to poison you with pills
  4. Chemtrails
  5. Bush was planning to become dictator for life
  6. If you have an organ donor sticker on your license, the hospital WILL let you die if admitted to get your organs

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Haymaker_Betty posted:

Conspiracy Theories My Mom and [Step]Dad Believe:
  1. 9/11 "Truth"/Everything in the movie Zeitgeist
  2. That the moon landing never happened (my mother also hates NASA and thinks it's a waste of money)
  3. The gov't tries to poison you with pills
  4. Chemtrails
  5. Bush was planning to become dictator for life
  6. If you have an organ donor sticker on your license, the hospital WILL let you die if admitted to get your organs

The last one comes from a book by the guy who wrote Jaws, a medical thriller. He later admitted giving people this idea was a mistake.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.

Mind Loving Owl posted:

The last one comes from a book by the guy who wrote Jaws, a medical thriller. He later admitted giving people this idea was a mistake.

My dad believes that one too. Despite the fact that the majority of medical institutions have no idea what your donor status is unless you die and they check.

I've worked with medical info systems for several years now, and I've only seen a few hospitals that make note of it.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Mind Loving Owl posted:

And Andrew Wakefield, the guy who published the very-definitively-proven-to-be-fraudulent studies about vaccines causing autism, lost his medical license and his 'studies' were publicly denounced. It doesn't matter that the truth comes out later--the damage is already done, and those people are already completely convinced.

People are stupid.

Edit: vvvv I knew there were some big conflicts of interest, but I didn't know that. Wow, that's brazen.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 5, 2012

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Dick Burglar posted:

And Andrew Wakefield, the guy who published the very-definitively-proven-to-be-fraudulent studies about vaccines causing autism lost his medical license and his 'studies' were publicly denounced. It doesn't matter that the truth comes out later--the damage is already done, and those people are already completely convinced.

The thimerosal crank? Did you know he was selling vaccines without the compound? No ulterior motives there.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Haymaker_Betty posted:

Yeah my friend's mom is... nice and friendly, but is 100% convinced she's psychic. She boycotted x-men, or like got mad and wrote about it on FB, because she said that the movies were offensive to people like her. People with powers.

This is very weird given the basic premise of "X-Men". I'm genuinely curious why she thought the "be nice to people with powers" franchise was so offensive.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Rahonavis posted:

This is very weird given the basic premise of "X-Men". I'm genuinely curious why she thought the "be nice to people with powers" franchise was so offensive.

Well Marvel did secure a tax break by setting a precedent that mutants weren't human. Apparently dolls (toys based on human figures, like baby alive) get taxed more than "toys".

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Rahonavis posted:

Yes, exactly. It was loving confusing.

Commissar Kayla
Dec 27, 2008
My story is about a girl named Anna, and in retrospect it's pretty short.

Anna was, like so many here, obsessed with Dragonball Z. I know she wrote a lot of fanfiction, made terrible fanart, and talked about it all the time. I recall there being some astral plane stuff, too, but that might just have been her mary-sue characters. It seems to be a running theme that these people think they are amazing singers, and she once kept me on the phone for half an hour singing some terrible japanese song to me, and I was too polite to hang up.

She hung out most with Steve, the guy who masturbated to Digimon characters, and specifically to one I can't remember other than it was blue. He drew a sharpie picture of it on his laptop, and according to a good friend who only just shared this information with me five years later, had pictures of it plastered all over his room. Really, looking back on it, most of the group of friends I hung out with then were crazy, dysfunctional, or violent, like the tiny asian girl who bit people.

The one that sticks most in my mind is her relating her fanfiction to me, out loud, in art class, loud enough for everyone to hear. It involved, among other things, pregnancy fetishes, threesomes, and one really, really overly detailed explanation of how Goku was so excited because the mary-sue she wrote was pregnant, because apparently being pregnant "makes her super tight". All I could do was :stare: and pray to whatever god would have me that someone would interrupt her.

No one did. The whole period, I listened to her discuss how big Goku's penis was. I have never been so thankful for the bell.

(Also, I know it's late in the thread but I didn't realize that so many other girls also made sex dungeons for their barbies and played all kinds of really disturbing stuff with them. I thought that was just me.)

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

I never before realised how lucky I was that anime was a very niche thing when I was growing up. We got a few kids shows like Sailor Moon and TMNT and Samurai Pizza Cats (which was loving amazing because the US writers didn't translate a word of it, they just made up their own poo poo to dub over the top), but none of the teenager stuff. I actually used to be super bitchy that anime wasn't really a thing here, and if you wanted it you had to scour through obscure VHS stores or order stuff from Japan in a language you couldn't understand. Only now do I understand how blessed I was. Not to mention the lack of internet.

I wonder if this is why I don't have too many stories of loving lunatics... the people who were actual lunatics didn't have anime to immerse themselves in so utterly and completely, and they didn't have internet to tell them they were normal and should talk about it at every opportunity.

I vaguely remember that my best friend in high school (a crazy probably-abused drama queen who hosed my head up a lot) used to draw a lot of fantasy elves and had this whole culture invented for them, with one hot elf boy who was her main character. They rode a lot of horses. She was also way too into The Lion King and Simba and that Elton John love scene between him and the girl lion. I guess this is what these people did before anime.

Commissar Kayla posted:

(Also, I know it's late in the thread but I didn't realize that so many other girls also made sex dungeons for their barbies and played all kinds of really disturbing stuff with them. I thought that was just me.)

Seriously. For years I've been assuming I was an exceptionally hosed up kid. It's interesting to note that I was probably only normally hosed up. Also I just remembered that I got a barbie of Crysta from the Ferngully movie and made a stripper outfit for her out of blu-tack and red tinsel.

sentientcarbon
Aug 21, 2008

OFFLINE GAMES ARE THE FUTURE OF ONLINE GAMING

The numbers don't lie. 99.99% of every Diablo 3 player wants the game to be offline. This is a FACT.

OH SHIT IS THAT A WEBCAM? HOLY CRAP GET THAT AWAY FROM ME! (I am terrified of being spied on, because I am a very interesting person)

Commissar Kayla posted:

Anna was, like so many here, obsessed with Dragonball Z.

I've always wondered, why do so many people find this show so compelling? I tried watching it back when I was in middle school because my friends told me it was awesome, and just found it really boring. The characters are uninteresting, the settings are only creative in an 'LOL how random' sense, and almost all of the series can be accurately described as (A)training montage, (B)guys yelling and totally powering up, or (C)Macguffin hunt.

I mean, if these crazies are gonna be obsessed with animes at least pick a good one. I just don't get the overwhelming popularity of Dragonball. Maybe it's because I only got a few episodes in before giving up, I dunno :iiam:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sentientcarbon posted:

I've always wondered, why do so many people find this show so compelling? I tried watching it back when I was in middle school because my friends told me it was awesome, and just found it really boring. The characters are uninteresting, the settings are only creative in an 'LOL how random' sense, and almost all of the series can be accurately described as (A)training montage, (B)guys yelling and totally powering up, or (C)Macguffin hunt.

I mean, if these crazies are gonna be obsessed with animes at least pick a good one. I just don't get the overwhelming popularity of Dragonball. Maybe it's because I only got a few episodes in before giving up, I dunno :iiam:

It was their first cartoon that really "aged" with them, now I'm not saying that it was GTA-level gently caress a hooker then kill her to get your cash back, but it was more mature then the other "cartoon's" on TV. If I had to guess, it was most likely because in a time where they were being treated like kids (when they felt they shouldn't be,) DBZ treated them as people mature enough to handle darker themes.

/pseudointellectualpsychobabble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suenteus Po
Sep 15, 2007
SOH-Dan

Turtlicious posted:

It was their first cartoon that really "aged" with them, now I'm not saying that it was GTA-level gently caress a hooker then kill her to get your cash back, but it was more mature then the other "cartoon's" on TV. If I had to guess, it was most likely because in a time where they were being treated like kids (when they felt they shouldn't be,) DBZ treated them as people mature enough to handle darker themes.

/pseudointellectualpsychobabble

Even in the scrubbed-clean Funimation version most of them saw? The show didn't have any blood or dying (people go to "the other dimension" and then return regularly).

I think I just liked the fights. Say what you will about the glacial pacing, most episodes have some muscly dude beating the poo poo out of another muscly dude, and that has obvious appeal for people who are not ever going to successfully beat the poo poo out of anyone.

• Locked thread