Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durp
Jan 6, 2008
I think I get it now.
Although I have no qualms about booting into Windows to get my gaming fix, I would definitely increase my pledge if there was news of a linux version. Barkley 1 was hit or miss for me in Wine, working flawlessly on one machine and a pure white screen on another, so a native version (or good wine compatibility) would be slammin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

I'm holding out that one of future stretch goals will be coop that doesn't affect the story in the vein of Legend of Oasis

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.
I just played a bit of Sewer Goblet, absolutely loved it, and I'm definitely gonna start playing Barkley 1. Gonna donate some money next week once I get payed.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Is there any chance you could contact Shmorky and maybe get the Kansas City Worldskippers a cameo?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Dear cboyardee:

The stretch goals do not have nearly enough applebottoms. Please fix this.

Thanks

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
If you can confirm this game will have at least one ulillillia reference I will double my pledge.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Cybershell posted:

If you can confirm this game will have at least one ulillillia reference I will double my pledge.

100k Stretch Goal: Ulillillia brought on as a developer

acd
Jan 4, 2004

Some high scores can never be beat.

Durp posted:

Although I have no qualms about booting into Windows to get my gaming fix, I would definitely increase my pledge if there was news of a linux version. Barkley 1 was hit or miss for me in Wine, working flawlessly on one machine and a pure white screen on another, so a native version (or good wine compatibility) would be slammin'

Would love linux ports of 1 and 2!!

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Barkley: Shut up and Jam Gaiden was one of the best RPG's I've played and can't wait for the sequel. Thank you!!!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I hope I can play as a Hell Vamp somehow. Just have a castle full of eldritch tomes.

Scambl
Jun 1, 2007

Anything you can do, Neil Gaiman can do better.
I hope the b-ball ranch makes a return, as well as the dating service, but I'll take anything I get, 'cause I'm ready to slam with the best AND jam with the rest!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Even if Barkley did die on Necron 5, did his corpse survive intact? Because I would hate for the Shrekmono to be destroyed. That was the Duergar union leader's fey mood artifact; if he found out it was destroyed in the Epicenter of a Chaos Drunk he'll either go on a killing spree or fall into a deep, inconsolable depression and starve himself to death.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Whoa man, spoilers!

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Even if Barkley did die on Necron 5, did his corpse survive intact? Because I would hate for the Shrekmono to be destroyed. That was the Duergar union leader's fey mood artifact; if he found out it was destroyed in the Epicenter of a Chaos Drunk he'll either go on a killing spree or fall into a deep, inconsolable depression and starve himself to death.

Falcon Jodhpurs and magic boombox for life

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

RickoniX posted:

Falcon Jodhpurs and magic boombox for life

Maybe if you are a huge racist. :colbert:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I'm playing through Barkley 1 (up to shortly after Cyberdwarf joins the party--I just did Dikembe's tomb) but every time I try to save the game makes a buzzer noise and flashes the save screen for a split second before closing out and I can't! Is this a known bug? Is this just me being a massive loving idiot like I was with the QTEs? I really want a save to import before I forget. I'm a gay child also.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Holy gently caress, I forgot about the Shrekmono. BSUaJ:G,COotHBS was truly a masterpiece.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 6, 2012

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I'm a little annoyed that my save from the first game is lost to the ravages of time. If only there was a fun way to re-create said save... what a world, what a world.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I think you'll find you mean ToGPCBBDUaJ:GP1otHBS.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wow, the sprite making process for Barkley 2 is pretty impressive, here's a speed up version of 6-8 hours of work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcyip_Yegw

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Wow, the sprite making process for Barkley 2 is pretty impressive, here's a speed up version of 6-8 hours of work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcyip_Yegw

This is awesome. I really love the look of the game, it's both cartoony and very lively. Great job, fellas.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
ChefB, put the progress video up on the Kickstarter! It'd show pledgers how much work is going into this game, and what their money is getting.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Francois Kofko posted:

I think you'll find you mean ToGPCBBDUaJ:GP1otHBS.

ToGPCBBSUaJ:GP1otHBS.

I swear, you're all misspelling it like it's a joke acronym that's overly long for comedic reasons, and not a genuinely convenient string of letters that true fans can type on command. Blindfolded. While dead.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The first one was legit my favourite game of whichever year I played it.

Very excited let me tell you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is there somewhere that we can view the total paypal donations so far? I know they don't count for the Kickstarter stretch goals, but I'm curious to see what the "real" total is at this point.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Wow, the sprite making process for Barkley 2 is pretty impressive, here's a speed up version of 6-8 hours of work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcyip_Yegw

You should pop into FrankieSmileShow's stream sometime, he advertises it on his twitter whenever he goes live. It's even more fun to see him work live while singing along to Supertramp and making goofy jokes.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Lurdiak posted:

Is there somewhere that we can view the total paypal donations so far? I know they don't count for the Kickstarter stretch goals, but I'm curious to see what the "real" total is at this point.
No, they do count toward the stretch goals! I don't have the total in front of me right now because Billy, the producer guy, runs it and not me, but it's something very low like a couple hundred. It's really not there to rake in cash or anything, it's so people who don't have Amazon-compliant cards can pledge. I'll get the number to you soon, but it's pretty low!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Looks like we have extra play modes and you will likely need to put some pants on by the end of the weekend. Where's it going next?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Friend Chef Boyardee can you see about adding extra copies of the game as a bonus thing, so that I could purchase a body pillow and also another copy of the game for 110 or something like that.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

dis astranagant posted:

you will likely need to put some pants on by the end of the weekend.

This brings up an interesting question -- will you be required to wear pants once the Kickstarter is completed, or will the new corporate practices be put into place the moment the total donations rolls over $73,000? I don't see any specific timing listed in the stretch goals and I don't want you guys to get into any sort of legal trouble over this thing.

Personally, I'm not sold on the whole idea in the first place. I would prefer that you are all 'free' to 'think independently' and let it all 'hang out' when it comes to developing this fine product.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Call Now posted:

Maybe if you are a huge racist. :colbert:

If you think about it, uplifting the duergar is just reverse racism.

Zarikov
Jun 20, 2004

Metal Gear? Metal Gear? Metal Gear!
Dinosaur Gum
Hey everybody! I would like to quickly advertise my silly little project called Barkley's Shut up and Jam: Gaiden's; Tale's of the Extended Barkleyverse!
Tale's of Games approved a d20 fan game, and I've decided to start a lil' site to keep people updated and act as a portal for people to contribute to the project. If you have art skills, page layout skills, writing skills, d20 nerd poo poo skills, or anything else you think would be helpful, check out the site and get in touch with me!

Click here for more details: https://sites.google.com/site/barkleyverse/home

Currently I'm in the process of adapting the free 3.5 d20 rules Wizards of the Coast released for free to the Barkleyverse, so if you know 3.5 well, you probably know it better than I do! So please, no amount of useful help is useless, unless it's useless help.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Yes, but is it canon. :colbert:

Zarikov
Jun 20, 2004

Metal Gear? Metal Gear? Metal Gear!
Dinosaur Gum

0lives posted:

Yes, but is it canon. :colbert:

Absolutely, but only if you use the special Grognards of the Coast b20 for your rolls.
Allow me to quote from chapter 1;

"CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION
THE FOLLOWING ROLE PLAYING GAME SYSTEM IS CANNON"

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I am personally not a fan of d20 compared to other systems but would likely be willing to provide feedback once I get the free time post-finals week.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
Can I play as a Cyberdwarf? Can I learn Shaq-fu? Will the "goddamn animal people" living in the sewers be monsters in this game.

This is important!

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.
Danger Patrol is clearly the best system for adapting Barkley.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
What about a game where the conflict is resolved with free throws irl. What if your in-game slams were determined by your rl jams.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Zarikov posted:

Absolutely, but only if you use the special Grognards of the Coast b20 for your rolls.
Allow me to quote from chapter 1;

"CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION
THE FOLLOWING ROLE PLAYING GAME SYSTEM IS CANNON"

I am not sure, but I feel as though Olives may have been referring to a misspelling on your main page, Zarikov. Your very first sentence has you making a tabletop game about cannons in the Barkleyverse.
:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Actually I just searched for the word "canon" on all the pages and couldn't find it, and only now see the spelling error.