Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Polkergeist posted:

Peter Bishop is a wonderful man and I will not stand for this. :colbert: Joshua Jackson Vince Vaughn's done a great job recently turning into an Observer.

I have watched all of Fringe thus far and the only adjective that comes to mind for Joshua Jackson's character is "male".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

I have watched all of Fringe thus far and the only adjective that comes to mind for Joshua Jackson's character is "male".

I'll give Jackson this, he knows to play off himself. I believe instead of doing something Fringe related at Comic Con this year, he instead read off Dawson's Creek fanfiction involving Pacey outside the con.

Edit: I'm wrong, apparently Pacey-Con was held in 2010 and was a Funny-Or-Die joke.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

Still, something about the reflections really doesn't sit right with me but I'm not really sure what.

That might just be Nicole Kidman.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's pretty cool that you can only see Goode and Kidman's faces in the reflection. And Kidman looks in particular freaky as hell.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Aren't they supposed to look a bit freaky?

Also i hope the new universal soldier is decent like Regeneration was :allears:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Zzulu posted:

Aren't they supposed to look a bit freaky?

Also i hope the new universal soldier is decent like Regeneration was :allears:

Well, there was a trailer for it that pretty much spoils the twist premise JCVD is the bad guy. Supposedly, Deveraux, the hero of most of the series, goes all genetic supremacist with the Universal Soldier program, dons ghostface, and kills Scott Adkins' family.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Oh, and a new poster for Chan-Wook Park's Stoker.

The reflection's probably photoshopped, but it's not one of those super obvious terrible ones. Still, something about the reflections really doesn't sit right with me but I'm not really sure what.

Maybe it's because the hight difference of the characters is reduced in the reflection? Also I feel like something should be strange with the reflected faces, but other than the blood you already see on the guy's neck, I'm not seeing anything.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Vagabundo posted:

something about the reflections really doesn't sit right with me but I'm not really sure what.

Isn't the angle wrong on the reflections? It seems that you should be seeing their faces from below. The girl shouldn't be looking straight at the camera in the reflection.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Snowy posted:

Isn't the angle wrong on the reflections? It seems that you should be seeing their faces from below. The girl shouldn't be looking straight at the camera in the reflection.

Yeah, they just flipped the image around, so the reflection looks stupid. Still a pretty cool poster, though.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Vagabundo posted:

And this masterpiece for the new Universal Soldier movie because why not?

Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning: Scott Adkins

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Mister Chief posted:

Your first pull on Joshua Jackson is his character from Cruel Intentions? That's like going to Lost In Space for Matt LeBlanc.

I've not seen the guy in a single other thing, so yeah that's all I have. I don't even like Cruel Intentions, it's just a movie I happened to have seen that had Joshua Jackson in a brief cameo.

And this thread is the most amount of thought I've ever given to Joshua Jackson. Maybe I should've watched more middling romantic comedies and thrillers from the 90's and 00's, and/or daytime television.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
quack... quack... quack... quack...

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

PaganGoatPants posted:

I thought the name of this movie was "Ride Like Hell" for a couple of minutes.

I don't think showing a guys rear end and saying "RIDE LIKE HELL" gives the impression that this is an action movie. Well, maybe a kind of action movie...

Zeah
Oct 14, 2012

wtf hax???
I was looking at international posters for some of the animated movies that came out this year (some of the Mondo ones for Paranorman are excellent), and I came across the Japanese Wreck-It Ralph poster.

They changed the title of the movie to Sugar Rush.

I know a lot of the movie takes place in the Sugar Rush game, and that Japanese pop group AKB48 did a song for the movie to make it seem like Sugar Rush was a poppy Japanese racing game, but was it necessary? It seems like they changed the title just because of marketing off of AKB48's Sugar Rush song. They changed the whole focus of the movie by doing that. :geno:

EDIT: I just realized they also put the Japanese kart racer, who I don't even recall seeing in the movie, immediately behind the main characters - even right before the antagonist.

Zeah fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 6, 2012

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
Looking around the internet this morning, I came across the poster for Troma's latest movie, Return to Nuke 'Em High.

If my username didn't give it away, I'm definitely looking forward to this. I didn't much care for Poultrygeist or Citizen Toxie, but you never know, this could be a return to form.

Poster looks pretty cool, too. Looks like Jason Osborn of Slasher Designs created it.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Zeah posted:

I was looking at international posters for some of the animated movies that came out this year (some of the Mondo ones for Paranorman are excellent), and I came across the Japanese Wreck-It Ralph poster.

All the classic characters shoehorned into the top-left corner are 'Are you loving making GBS threads me?'

Ghost Clyde is just :stare:

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Looking around the internet this morning, I came across the poster for Troma's latest movie, Return to Nuke 'Em High.

If my username didn't give it away, I'm definitely looking forward to this. I didn't much care for Poultrygeist or Citizen Toxie, but you never know, this could be a return to form.

Poster looks pretty cool, too. Looks like Jason Osborn of Slasher Designs created it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Zeah posted:

They changed the title of the movie to Sugar Rush.

I know a lot of the movie takes place in the Sugar Rush game, and that Japanese pop group AKB48 did a song for the movie to make it seem like Sugar Rush was a poppy Japanese racing game, but was it necessary? It seems like they changed the title just because of marketing off of AKB48's Sugar Rush song. They changed the whole focus of the movie by doing that. :geno:

EDIT: I just realized they also put the Japanese kart racer, who I don't even recall seeing in the movie, immediately behind the main characters - even right before the antagonist.
She was definitely in the movie, she did a crazy flipping jump onto Venellope's pedal car.

Zeah
Oct 14, 2012

wtf hax???
But wouldn't it make more sense for Taffyta (the girl in pink behind her) or King Candy to be directly behind the main characters? Or like, have Calhoun and Felix not floating in the clouds in the background?

I like everyone scrunched up in the corner, its like, "Oh yeah and there's video games."

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You're weirdly offended that they tailor their pandering differently when aiming at a different culture.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Howard the Muck

Zeah
Oct 14, 2012

wtf hax???
More or less confused at how much they're pushing the pop song made for the movie. I can still understand placing a Japanese character ahead more than a complete title change.

In other news, still looking at some Mondo posters for animated films, despite the fact there's no way in hell I'll be able to get one (have they already done any sort of holiday poster sale?). Paranorman is grinding on that tombstone like a pro skateboarder.

And this one isn't Mondo, but wow is it beautiful.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I really liked Rango; I really like this poster.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Can someone make this avatar size for me?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Can someone make this avatar size for me?

Easy peasy lemon sqeezy.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

Easily one of the best posters in this thread. Didn't notice the water droplets until my third glance.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 6, 2014

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

That Wreck-It Ralph poster is WAY more accurate to what the movie actually is than any of the American promotion:

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Zeah posted:

The reason I'd suggest is that "Sugar Rush" are two words that are understandable when Japanised, whereas "Wreck" and "Ralph" would have most Japanese people scratching their heads ("it" is ok). The other option would be to make up a Japanese language title instead of using a Japanised English title - Brave was Merida and the Forest of Horrors over here for example - but "Sugar Rush" seems to sum up a colourful kids animation about videogames well enough*.

*Disclaimer: I have not seen this film.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

ozza posted:

The reason I'd suggest is that "Sugar Rush" are two words that are understandable when Japanised, whereas "Wreck" and "Ralph" would have most Japanese people scratching their heads ("it" is ok). The other option would be to make up a Japanese language title instead of using a Japanised English title - Brave was Merida and the Forest of Horrors over here for example - but "Sugar Rush" seems to sum up a colourful kids animation about videogames well enough*.

*Disclaimer: I have not seen this film.

But aren't the name and concept of Wreck-It Ralph references to Wrecking Crew, which is a Japanese game?

Lord Krangdar fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 7, 2012

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of funny though how the Japanese ad campaign was the exact opposite of the American one. While they didn't hide that the Sugar Rush part existed they did play down how much of the movie took place in it (the majority of it.)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

boom boom boom posted:

Dude. It's AKB48. If they have a promotion where you can turn in ten ticket stubs to get an exclusive picture of Tomomi Itano's knee Wreck-it-Ralph would gross more in Japan that Titanic did world-wide.

So you're saying this AKB48 group is popular then?

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Lord Krangdar posted:

But aren't the name and concept of Wreck-It Ralph references to Wrecking Crew, which is a Japanese game?

I didn't know about that game or the connection, but I ran "rekku / rekkingu" through a few dictionaries and none of them knew the words - the closest I could find was "rekku" as in "shipwreck", and even that's uncommon. So either the game isn't that widely known today or the game is known but the title's meaning isn't understood.

Anyways apologies for the Japanese derail, truly the most horribly nerdish of all derails.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Lord Krangdar posted:

Well, no, Ralph and Felix are pretty clear analogues to Donkey Kong and Mario.

Edit: From the game Donkey Kong!

Wendell fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 7, 2012

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 6, 2014

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's a documentary but,

Indie as gently caress.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

It's a documentary but,

Indie as gently caress.

So indie we don't even have basic perspective or anatomy in our poster.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Did they farm that out to somebody at Deviant Art?

Zeah
Oct 14, 2012

wtf hax???
No. That's a middle school part project, not a poster for an actual movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well now I know what a movie poster would look like if I tried to draw it.