Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Sometimes I regret getting Lola because if I'd been more responsible/been on PI before I got her, I could have found a working breeder and gotten a more confident dog that I could do a lot more with. When she was younger she played so nicely with strange dogs that I thought she was going to be my hang out at the park/social dog buddy. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

notsowelp posted:

:ohdear: don't tempt me.

More ~confessions~; as much as I love Mouse, I am beyond bummed that she's had these knee issues. I truly purchased her to be my ~sports dog~, and we were supposed to be building up to racing, lure coursing, agility/flyball and/or hunting this year. Right now she can't even do flirt pole or cycling (both of which she loved when she tried them briefly) because of her dumb knees and it blows. I'd organised rabbiting dates for the beginning of the season and everything. As I say, I love her and wouldn't be without her - but drat, I wish I had the awesome rabbiting and cycling buddy she was gearing up to be :(. Hopefully we'll be able to get poo poo fixed up, though, and she'll still have an active future ahead.

And just in case anyone is curious/ feeling judgey, the vet (who is the leading greyhound vet in the country!) still doesn't know whether the issue is hereditary, non-hereditary/congenital or trauma-related. The symptoms are pretty weird, and we're going to do an mri after Christmas to see exactly what's up. I asked the vet if she thought it would be most responsible to just go ahead and spay her now (in case the condition is hereditary), and she was like 'Hell naw, we're nowhere near that point yet :colbert:'. So yes, there is my overly defensive update on Mouse's health issues :v:.

Thiiiiis, all this. Neige still has infrequent limping, the vets don't know wtf, I'd planned to do agility with her, and now I'm hesitant to even take board-and-train clients because I don't want her doing something stupid and making whatever it is worse. My husband doesn't want to shell out for things like MRI's either, so we're at a smidge of an impasse as far as diagnosis goes, and it's still infrequent enough that it's so tempting to just say "gently caress it" and not explore further.

That said, it's been about a week since she last limped, so maybe I can continue crossing fingers, supplementing with glucosamine, and praying it just goes away since she's not in enough pain to stop tearing around like an idiot.

Braki
Aug 9, 2006

Happy birthday!
I am the bad owner today.

Charlie needed to go in for his asthma recheck today. Instead of just dropping him off in the clinic in the morning, I thought I'd be nice to him because he hates the cat ward a lot, and just drive home and grab him instead. My professor also scheduled a time where people could look at their midterms, and since I was at school anyway, I decided to just wait with Charlie instead of driving him home and coming back. So I dragged him around the building with me, etc. and when I finally left it was snowing really hard and he started vocalizing because snow was blowing into his carrier. We get home and his tail and feet are wet, but it was snowing really hard, so I thought it was snow and laughed at how cute he looked but then I smelled it and it's totally pee. He internalized his stress and then peed himself. If he blocks up it'll be my fault. Bad owner.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I reinforced my blue cattledog's thunder phobia instead of just ignoring him when he was freaking out, because he was so cute when he came to me for comfort snuggles.

When I have ice cream, my fox terrier gets to lick the bowl.

I walk a staffy for petty cash and she's been attacked by badly-trained lapdogs so many times that now she starts bristling as soon as she's confronted with anything fluffy that's smaller than a sheep. When some unleashed antisocial little poo poo tries to bite her and she attempts to murder it, I wait until its owner is out of sight and then I tell her that it's okay, I hate them too. It's probably reinforcing the behaviour but I don't care, we are kindred spirits.

2tomorrow
Oct 28, 2005

Two of us are magical.
One of us is real.

Triangulum posted:

I was secretly really happy the last time Vecna barked at a group of kids running at him and screaming "Puppy!!!!!!". It was a "HOLY poo poo YES LETS PLAY!!!" bark (he thinks kids are the poo poo) but he's got a really loud voice and it scares people. I am just so loving sick of idiot mothers unleashing their out of control children on my dog without even bothering to talk to me first that I can't bring myself to give a gently caress if he barks at a kid and scares them a little bit.

Oh that reminds me of a good one...

So I've posted in the cattle dog threads about how Bandit would sometimes snap at my ex-husband, especially if I went to bed earlier than him and so Bandit and I were cuddled up sleeping. This is usually followed by :byodame: AND YOU MUST NIP THIS BEHAVIOR IN THE BUD BECAUSE IT IS SO BAD RARRGH!!

Um, yeah. I totally liked it because this started leading up to our divorce and I felt like Bandit was protecting me and also that my ex was a jackass who deserved it, and so I actually really didn't address it until after my divorce and I started sleeping with other people. Then we dealt with it quickly and easily. So I did eventually fix it, but it was actually pretty terrible of me not to do it earlier because of the risks of a bitey dog.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Avshalom posted:

I reinforced my blue cattledog's thunder phobia instead of just ignoring him when he was freaking out, because he was so cute when he came to me for comfort snuggles.

When I have ice cream, my fox terrier gets to lick the bowl.

I walk a staffy for petty cash and she's been attacked by badly-trained lapdogs so many times that now she starts bristling as soon as she's confronted with anything fluffy that's smaller than a sheep. When some unleashed antisocial little poo poo tries to bite her and she attempts to murder it, I wait until its owner is out of sight and then I tell her that it's okay, I hate them too. It's probably reinforcing the behaviour but I don't care, we are kindred spirits.

You aren't reinforcing fear in that first case, FYI. Comforting the dog is just fine and appropriate.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

2tomorrow posted:

Oh that reminds me of a good one...

So I've posted in the cattle dog threads about how Bandit would sometimes snap at my ex-husband, especially if I went to bed earlier than him and so Bandit and I were cuddled up sleeping. This is usually followed by :byodame: AND YOU MUST NIP THIS BEHAVIOR IN THE BUD BECAUSE IT IS SO BAD RARRGH!!

Um, yeah. I totally liked it because this started leading up to our divorce and I felt like Bandit was protecting me and also that my ex was a jackass who deserved it, and so I actually really didn't address it until after my divorce and I started sleeping with other people. Then we dealt with it quickly and easily. So I did eventually fix it, but it was actually pretty terrible of me not to do it earlier because of the risks of a bitey dog.

I did absolutely nothing to stop Moses from being increasingly wary of my ex leading up to our divorce. The fact that my ex could tell Moses wasn't cool with him made me feel safer even though I really should have done something about it. Moses isn't stupid or fearful and has no issues with strangers and only guards me as a resource from other dogs, never people, so it isn't a recurring problem. I was just so stressed by my ex's presence that he picked up on it and wanted the thing that made me freak out to go away.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

In a way, you've trained your dogs to be protective only when someone is stressing you out (as opposed to just biting everyone), which is a good contingency if you ask me. I think we can add that to "signs your relationship is hosed and you need to get the gently caress out".

2tomorrow
Oct 28, 2005

Two of us are magical.
One of us is real.

Pile of Kittens posted:

In a way, you've trained your dogs to be protective only when someone is stressing you out (as opposed to just biting everyone), which is a good contingency if you ask me. I think we can add that to "signs your relationship is hosed and you need to get the gently caress out".

You're so nice. :3:

But Bandit is a reactive dog with an unprovoked bite history before I got him, and my ex's and my relationship never got all that bad, so I don't think that's a valid excuse though I wish it was. I was never afraid of my ex, just pissed at him for being an idiot.

Super's story is a lot worse than mine. I really have no excuse.

benjai
Jun 26, 2007
Forgive me catladies. But this was HILARIOUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1AbQK0P9Lg

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
There is nothing wrong with cat spinning.

The fact he keeps coming back for more and even seems to be reaching up to see why you stopped really makes it. :3:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I have one :(

My sister decided to give us her cat. Mom has been wanting one for a little while and my sister didn't have time for him anymore. So we bring him into the house and things are proceeding normally, if a little slow, because Junior was a little scared of Bella.

So Junior the cat was hiding under one of the couches near our back porch. He was eating and drinking normally, and was just starting to explore a little on his own.

One day I'm heading outside through the back porch and he bolted out the door. He was gone before I could catch him. I spent the day looking for him, but our backyard is huge and he's solid black. He never came back :( I'm sorry, Junior, you were such a sweet kitty. But he's microchipped and I'm hoping someone really nice decided to take him in. He was a total love bug.

benjai
Jun 26, 2007

Rynoto posted:

There is nothing wrong with cat spinning.

The fact he keeps coming back for more and even seems to be reaching up to see why you stopped really makes it. :3:

That's pretty much what we're saying and laughing about in the video - that he really just plonked down and looked at us like why the hell did we stop? I <3 my catte.

tse1618
May 27, 2008

Cuddle time!

Saint Darwin posted:

Heh I guess I have another one

Some days recently (especially after we got the guinea pigs) the cat will. not. shut. up. She will just meow, and meow, and meow, and walk around the house, and meow, and sit outside our bedrooms and meow. But, she still doesn't loving like attention. If you pet her she rubs once and walks away if you try to pet more. If you try to pick her up she becomes a cloud of claws and loud upset meowing and then runs and hides. I literally don't know what the drat cat wants. So, I yell at the cat to shut the gently caress up. "Shut the gently caress up cat," I say, and the cat looks at me and meows louder and I roll my eyes. The only surefire way to get her to stop is to bearhug her and take the blows for a minute so she's sufficiently mad and will shut up and hide.

When my cat won't shut up sometimes I follow him around and squirt him with water every time he meows. It doesn't do anything to stop him until 15 minutes later when he's soaking wet and takes a break to lick himself dry, but it makes me feel better in a small way!

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Because I'm cheap, when I leave my house every day I turn down the heat or AC.

"So it's 56° outside, over 60° inside? That's plenty warm for you cats. Bye! :iamafag: "

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

notsowelp posted:

So yes, there is my overly defensive update on Mouse's health issues :v:.
(seriouspost) You need to make a sheepdog x lurcher cross and I'll come and take one off your hands.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Ema Nymton posted:

Because I'm cheap, when I leave my house every day I turn down the heat or AC.

"So it's 56° outside, over 60° inside? That's plenty warm for you cats. Bye! :iamafag: "

Eh, they are covered in fur and will set on or next to a heating vent.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Today I learned that Leela is terrified of whistling.

Guess what I did all day?

Springly
Dec 10, 2011

I used to play a game with my rats where every time they climbed my desk I'd chuck them down in my lap. They thought it was the greatest thing ever and climbed as fast as they could, getting more and more excited. Then one time a girl sort of flipped her whole body like a retarded dolphin as I was chucking her. I missed my lap entirely and she smacked the desk hard on the way down before hitting the floor.

After a minute of sitting and grooming herself she was back for more :downs:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Rats are made of rubber, everyone knows that :colbert:

I threw van Buren down the stairs once. Well. I tripped about five steps from the landing while carrying him, and he went flying. I tumbled pretty badly and was stunned for a moment, and by the time I creaked back to my feet to look and see if he was splattered all over the floor, he had gone around the corner and was checking out the cat's litterbox in the laundry room. Totally unscathed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have smacked my cats heads into so many things. We'll be playing and I'll scoop them up and WHAM! right into the coffee table or desk. They seem fine, but I fawn over them for a while afterwards and they give me this look like "no, I don't want love! I want to play!" and they'll try to bat at my hand as I pet them.

To be fair they'll smack their own heads into doors doing that sudden flip out thing that cats sometimes do. Every once in a while all you hear is a bonk noise from the other room then one will start meowing and walk in like nothing happened. :downs: indeed

Elly
Nov 30, 2004
My cat likes to sit on my desk next to my keyboard, this would be okay if he didn't kick my keyboard away when he sretches, so I'm mid typing/playing MMO's and all of a sudden I start hitting the wrong keys, etc. I usually get really mad at him and throw him on the bed behind me. I always feel really bad afterwards, but he always comes back and does it again 5 mins later.

Charlie is also a butt smacking lover. He starts 'dancing' on his back legs if my hands go anywhere near his butt! Even the action of scratching over his butt gets him going.

He also whines a lot to go outside on his leash, I sometimes end up just giving in and taking him out to shut him up, and I know I shouldn't.

Picture of said cat.

Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

The Amazing Dreadheaded Chameleon Keeper
My cat loves to be smacked but I have to be gentler than she likes now because she is getting older and has some arthritis in her shoulders.

I've only kicked her once, totally on accident, and I felt so, so horrible for it. I still do, even. :ohdear: I love you, Hexcat.

I've never felt this way about a pet before. She is just my little princess. :catstare:

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

Pardalis posted:

I've only kicked her once, totally on accident, and I felt so, so horrible for it. I still do, even. :ohdear: I love you, Hexcat.

I stepped on Lillehammer the second day that she was home. Worse, some of my friends came over to see her and hang out, and within minutes of her coming out from under the bed to investigate, BOOM, she's weaving between my legs and I step on her tail and she lets loose this ridiculous screech before diving back under the bed. I felt like the world's biggest rear end in a top hat, and I had an audience to boot.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

I closed a door on my ferret's neck once. I had only had her a few months, and I was holding her back with my foot while quickly closing a door. She slooped right around my foot and caught her neck right in the closing door with great force. :ohdear:

Initially she seemed fine, but later required a trip to the e-vet and a two night stay there. She almost died from shock, and has never been the same in the many years since. Can't keep as much weight on as I'd like her to and she has a weak front leg (possibly from the iv). I feel really bad, even though it was an accident and I was still new to how slippery ferrets are.

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
Been sick since Monday and I dont want anything to do with my animals :(

Feed and water the hungry birds? Nope
Feed the herps? Nope
Give attention to the birds? Nope
Change the fish tank water? Nope

Just...gunna lay in bed here....................... sigh.

Falling back on my PISS stuff too, thankfully, I bought pretty much everything before I got sick so..I HAVE the stuff... but trying to find a box, do some handmade crafty things....christmas card, etc. No thanks.

Just...gunna be comfy in this bed. I did feed the birds last night and add some water to a fish tank because I had some energy but, ugh.

pandaid
Feb 9, 2004

RAWR
Last time I took my orange boy to the vet he was fighting tooth and nail (as usual). I got the brilliant idea to flip the top loading carrier on top of him - except I forgot the bedding wasn't secured. He must have felt like the world was caving in on him and he ... peed. On my bed.
I scared my cat so bad he peed himself. And then I had to spend 10 more minutes trying to get him into the carrier.

It's truly amazing how forgiving animals are. Just keep trying your best. Even when you screw up, they'll still recognize that you're someone good to trust.

Braki posted:

I am the bad owner today.

Charlie needed to go in for his asthma recheck today. Instead of just dropping him off in the clinic in the morning, I thought I'd be nice to him because he hates the cat ward a lot, and just drive home and grab him instead. My professor also scheduled a time where people could look at their midterms, and since I was at school anyway, I decided to just wait with Charlie instead of driving him home and coming back. So I dragged him around the building with me, etc. and when I finally left it was snowing really hard and he started vocalizing because snow was blowing into his carrier. We get home and his tail and feet are wet, but it was snowing really hard, so I thought it was snow and laughed at how cute he looked but then I smelled it and it's totally pee. He internalized his stress and then peed himself. If he blocks up it'll be my fault. Bad owner.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
I haven't bought my cat a single Toy since the day I got him. That's not to say he hasn't got toys. I received a black rabbitfur thing from a secret santa exchange at work. Another friend gave us a fleece ribbon on a stick that he enjoys very much. We inherited a bag of little mice and balls and jingly bells from one of my husband's coworkers when their cat passed away. I also found a laser pointer. I just personally can't bring myself to buy Pangurban any toys when he will cheerfully chase after balls of foil and amuse himself destroying my hairties.

I regularly give him thorough brushing sessions, then I collect the fur and roll it up into a dense ball the size of a marble. This is his favorite thing to play with. He'll carry it all over our apartment and bat it back and forth it's the cutest thing ever. I let him play with it for a while and I take it away when he's not watching because I'm worried he will somehow swallow too much fur or something.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

Charmmi posted:

Pangurban

I have a confession and that confession is that you beat me to naming a white cat/animal Pangur Ban and now I will forever resent you. :colbert:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Charmmi posted:

I haven't bought my cat a single Toy since the day I got him. That's not to say he hasn't got toys. I received a black rabbitfur thing from a secret santa exchange at work. Another friend gave us a fleece ribbon on a stick that he enjoys very much. We inherited a bag of little mice and balls and jingly bells from one of my husband's coworkers when their cat passed away. I also found a laser pointer. I just personally can't bring myself to buy Pangurban any toys when he will cheerfully chase after balls of foil and amuse himself destroying my hairties.

Odds are he'd be more interested in the box/bag any toy came from out of sheer catspite anyway.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Every now and then Union doesn't want to come back inside from the back garden after peeing. She'll spend ages poking around and ignoring me. If I am waiting on her so I can go to work or something, I try tempting her in with the peanut butter jar or treats. Rather than going out to collect her, As a last resort I sometimes go get her leash and wave it around at her and she gets super excited because walkies??? And charges inside. Then I feel bad about putting the lead away and heading out (she does get a treat). But sometimes I just ain't got time for that poo poo, dog

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I stole my neighbors cat.

We live right on a really busy main road that has heavy traffic at all hours of the day. Like you open the front door and it's less than 15 feet in front of you. They've gone through about 5 cats. They get them as kittens and then by the time they are around 4 months old they toss them outside regardless of if it's day, night, winter, summer etc. They always disappear and then they get another and repeat the process. I always ask the little 7 year old girl that lives there "what happened to your cat?" and she says the cat disappeared and her mom told her that the cat must have found a nice family that really needed the cat and that they'd get another one. The story is slightly different every time but it's always something along the lines of the cat is now away living the bestest life ever.

The latest cat they got looked exactly like my best friends cat and she was looking to rescue a new cat anyway. I had come home from work and found their latest kitten huddled outside under a bush in the pouring rain and terrified of the cars going by so I just picked it up, put it in my car and drove it to my friends house.

The next day the little girl asked me if I'd seen her kitten I told her I watched it get hit by a car and killed and that's why you should never let your cats out when you live on a busy street. Obviously she freaked out. I don't care. I really wanted to break this stupid little sunshine and roses fantasy her irresponsible parents had put her in head every time their animals disappear on the busy road. Maybe her tears can pound some sense into her parents when they ask her if she wants another cat.

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Dec 8, 2012

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Wonder Bra posted:

I have recurring dreams that I have pets that I have forgotten about, usually small rodents of some variety.
For me, it's always aquatic animals in that dream. They have totally replaced my 'it's the day of finals, and I just remembered that I forgot that I was taking this course and never attended any classes" dreams.

I have, on 3 occasions, impulse purchased/acquired animals that I was in no way prepared to care for. About a decade ago, it was a couple of newts that were kept in a critter keeper with dirty, unfiltered, unheated water. Five years ago it was a couple of lizards that I caught while in California which were brought home and kept in a 10 gallon tank with a 60w incandescent as their only light source. As recently as two years ago, it was a ferret that I bought while at petsmart because, A) Just look at them and B) I am horrible. She was fairly well taken care of, fortunately, but I quickly realized that I had no real desire to interact with her, or clean up after an animal that seemingly defecated it's own body weight every day, and gave her up to the Greater Chicago Ferret Association.

I promise, new additions to the household are more thought out, and much better cared for.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

KilGrey posted:

I stole my neighbors cat.

We live right on a really busy main road that has heavy traffic at all hours of the day. Like you open the front door and it's less than 15 feet in front of you. They've gone through about 5 cats. They get them as kittens and then by the time they are around 4 months old they toss them outside regardless of if it's day, night, winter, summer etc. They always disappear and then they get another and repeat the process. I always ask the little 7 year old girl that lives there "what happened to your cat?" and she says the cat disappeared and her mom told her that the cat must have found a nice family that really needed the cat and that they'd get another one. The story is slightly different every time but it's always something along the lines of the cat is now away living the bestest life ever.

The latest cat they got looked exactly like my best friends cat and she was looking to rescue a new cat anyway. I had come home from work and found their latest kitten huddled outside under a bush in the pouring rain and terrified of the cars going by so I just picked it up, put it in my car and drove it to my friends house.

The next day the little girl asked me if I'd seen her kitten I told her I watched it get hit by a car and killed and that's why you should never let your cats out when you live on a busy street. Obviously she freaked out. I don't care. I really wanted to break this stupid little sunshine and roses fantasy her irresponsible parents had put her in head every time their animals disappear on the busy road. Maybe her tears can pound some sense into her parents when they ask her if she wants another cat.

I'm sure people will object to this, but I'm with you 100%. It's one thing to tell a young child that your dog went to a farm to play and be happy when really he died or was put down, but it's hosed up to keep telling a kid over and over again that a cat went to a happy home when you know it's dead because you chucked it outside into an unsafe environment. That's animal neglect and bad parenting.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Serella posted:

I'm sure people will object to this, but I'm with you 100%. It's one thing to tell a young child that your dog went to a farm to play and be happy when really he died or was put down, but it's hosed up to keep telling a kid over and over again that a cat went to a happy home when you know it's dead because you chucked it outside into an unsafe environment. That's animal neglect and bad parenting.

Yeah the first time time you tell your kid that you're being a good parent. By the fifth time you're just a monster. I do feel bad for the 7 year old with lovely parents but there's really nothing KilGrey can do about that. I'm glad at least one of those cats actually did make it to a good home.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Serella posted:

And it's not like it's completely untrue. I know at least three of the previous cats have been hit by cars as I've seen their tiny little corpses on the side of the road. That particular cat might not have been hit but others have.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Yeah, I laughed. Then again, I'm in a really lovely mood.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.
Penelope took a particularly vile dump in the cat box in the downstairs bathroom and tore out of the room to escape the poo ghosts. Two minutes later, the smell hits me full force and I have to go cover the poo for her (and my nose) while she crept back in to watch me from the bathroom door. I then yelled at her for not spraying, then grabbed the spray and chased her around the house aiming for her butt.

I missed. :(

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
I didn't spay my cat for a year after I got her. She was indoor-only at the time and it was just too much :effort:

Then, she attacked my little plated lizard while I was cleaning his cage (my back was turned for five seconds, I swear!) and I had to take him to the vet AND I got a ticket on the way over. Needless to say I was furious at her even though it was really my fault. So what did I do?

Had her spayed IN REVENGE~ MWAHAHAHA!!! Attack my leezard and I'll have your reproductive organs neatly removed with a super small incision and lots of pain-killers by one of the best vets in the area ripped out of your abdomen! Truly I am a monster.

Edit: also, when I run out of iguana salad I don't immediately run to the store for more, instead I just soak some Pretty Pet iguana food and let him feast on food coloring and corn-based mass produced iguana food. It's basically like feeding Kibbles and Bits for a week instead of your usual raw food diet premium-organic-everything diet. But, :effort:

aaand, from the amount of food Radar eats, apparently food-coloring and artificial flavorings are better than fresh, wholesome collard greens with finely chopped veggies, some beans, and papaya. Just like a kid who prefers junk food over dinner, I guess.

platedlizard fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon Cello
Sep 2, 2011

you're posting...
I mostly only lurk PI, but I like this thread. When I was growing up, I desperately wanted a cat, but couldn't have one because my parents were allergic. So naturally it was awesome that my best friend had cats that I got to play with all the time. It was like the coolest thing ever to a seven-year-old.

She still has cats and whenever I go visit her now, fourteen years later, I still chase them around like a little girl and torment them because omg kitties :neckbeard:.

One of them, Thomas O'Malley, absolutely hates being picked up. He'll make this great little "Nooooooo!" meow and then just go limp and look around the room with the eyes of an animal that is experiencing the worst tragedy possible in the world. Naturally I think this is hilarious, so whenever I go visit her I make sure to carry Thomas O'Malley around as much as possible.

My parent's puppy really loves to sit in laps. I encourage this behavior as much as possible against my parent's will, because they don't think it'll be as cute when she's an 80-pound monster. I think it'll be even cuter :colbert:.

• Locked thread