Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3426202524.html

RX7 with a "v8" - getting more detail now if it's got a stick and is halfway done I'm buying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

It's always weird when you post things from my area. I never think of any local goons until you post.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
This ad is posted occasionally on the local Craigslist.
Low Mileage? Check! Low price Check!

stone soup fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 22, 2012

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Abominable! posted:

I saw one on the road the other day. Pristine light blue convertible just like that one. Bout crashed myself. The dedication it must have took to keep it running, let alone pristine. I can not think of any other car of the same era that would have faired worse on the investment.

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas
I had an older co-worker that told me he bought a Renault Fuego back when they were new, he said the salesman handed him a list of things already wrong on the car (It already had rust bubbles on the showroom floor), and 8 months later it set itself on fire in a parking lot. :france: build quality

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr-Spain posted:

RX7 with a "v8" - getting more detail now if it's got a stick and is halfway done I'm buying it.

That seems like alot, unless he's also upgraded the trans and rear end to compensate.

And are you in Houston, or farther out? I'm inside the loop myself.

Bobby_Wokkerfella posted:

I had an older co-worker that told me he bought a Renault Fuego back when they were new, he said the salesman handed him a list of things already wrong on the car (It already had rust bubbles on the showroom floor), and 8 months later it set itself on fire in a parking lot. :france: build quality

Renault should've gone with Pontiac's ad campaign, they could've had a whole extra customer base.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Mr-Spain posted:

One of the things that's going to "need work" is passing emissions for another 3 years, if it stays in the Houston area, particularly with a carburetor.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-BMW-325-with-5-0-Ford-Mustang-302-V8-engine-swap-/251185197267?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid

Ebay posted:

This is a rare chance to buy an engine-swapped car for less than the cost of the conversion, without all the hard work! I've spent the past year and a half working on this car, I've got it running and finished, and I've lost interest in it. So my loss is your gain as they say.

So, how does it run? Well, it is extremely fast, light, nimble, loud, and raw, as it should be. It scares little old women, and turns heads everywhere as people give me confused looks. It's a fun toy! I've had it out on the road a little bit, but it hasn't seen too much use as I just don't have time for it. I've been working on the car for a year and a half, and for the last several months sorting all the issues, and quite frankly I'm burnt out on it and car projects in general. I have lost interest in it and don't have a lot of time to play with it anymore.

More here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/65Matt/E30Completed?authuser=0&feat=directlink

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Imperador do Brasil posted:

It's always weird when you post things from my area. I never think of any local goons until you post.

Yea I'm the one who sent you a rude e-mail about your STI for sale, too. What the hell are you looking for now? haha

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Not a great price, but you don't see many well maintained and manual 3rd gens around here:
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/3410413079.html

I just can't imagine how awful the driving out of the box is.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Abominable! posted:

Wow. Can't remember the last time I saw one of those in the wild. Interesting it has a 1st digit "1" in the VIN. I thought those were actually built in :france: and just re-badged for North America.

Edit:
Wiki

quote:

In 2009, Car and Driver effectively recanted naming the Alliance to their 1983 Ten Best list, stating, "the Alliance proved that Wisconsin workers could assemble a Renault with the same indifference to quality that was a hallmark of the French automotive industry."[17][28]
:froggonk:

slidebite fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 26, 2012

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

You can barely get M5x swapped e30s for 4.5k. Possible screaming deal but I'd want to drive the hell out of it before buying it.

Actually, how much does one of those old V8s weigh?

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Crustashio posted:

Actually, how much does one of those old V8s weigh?

Somewhere in the 450-475 range according to most of the info I've seen.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Paging Ultimateforce.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Yea I'm the one who sent you a rude e-mail about your STI for sale, too. What the hell are you looking for now? haha

Just always looking...Never know what might show up.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ctd/3425877327.html

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/3434040100.html

1987 Renault GTA for $2000

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
Someone PLEASE grab this

http://denver.craigslist.org/for/3432455713.html

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Holy crap that is amazing. You could turn that into a hilarious lakeside camping pleasure vehicle if it fits in the back of a pickup truck (like it looks like it would)

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

God dammit why is the cool stuff always in the middle of the country or in California?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Hypothetically if that could be plated, would you have to register and title it as a car and a boat?

Same thing with those flying cars, how the heck does that work?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

blugu64 posted:

Hypothetically if that could be plated, would you have to register and title it as a car and a boat?

I believe with the old postwar ones, they'd register the plane as an experimental aircraft and the car as a kit car. At least, that's how I'd do it with a similar design today.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

PainterofCrap posted:

God dammit why is the cool stuff always in the middle of the country or in California?

Is there any place in the northeast without at least one, probably more, of the following: Rust, poverty, HOAs, draconian emissions regs?

Replace the emissions regs and rust with meth addled lunatics and the southeast would be equally lethal to weird vehicles that don't suck.

Kenshin posted:

Holy crap that is amazing. You could turn that into a hilarious lakeside camping pleasure vehicle if it fits in the back of a pickup truck (like it looks like it would)

Perfect excuse to convert your truck to a flat/stake bed, if it doesn't.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 29, 2012

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

blugu64 posted:

Someone I know had one of those crazy old (Renault?) boat cars. It is titled and tagged/registered/inspected as a passenger car in Pennsylvania, and he registered it with the Fish and Boat commission using the car title and the hull registration plate (which is separate from the VIN tag but has the same number for the hull ID plus the rest of the required stuff about weight and passenger capacity). He had to put his registration number on the sides, just like any other PA registered boat.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

If I didn't live 8000 Kilometers and an ocean away, I would.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

Sir Cornelius posted:

If I didn't live 8000 Kilometers and an ocean away, I would.

At least you wouldn't have to ship it across the ocean. Just pack an overnight bag!

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/3447580943.html

quote:

1972 classic Mercedes this car has 68,000 original miles the car runs excellent no problems the interior is also in excellent condition every thing seem to work good needs new tail light part . like with any old car it does need some cosmetic work. but the main thing is the engine and transmission are strong the body is great some spots of rust here and there, It does need drivers side floor board repairs it has two small holes that go all the way threw to ground. air does not blow cold but the compressor works . all power windows work fine. this car does run on gas not Diesel.asking price is 2695. this is a great 40 year old classic well worth restoring . come by and test drive it

So I was thinking of going to check this out, thoughts?

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
You can get a rust-free one in decent shape for $4k-$5k.

I probably wouldn't gently caress with one that lived on the beach for that price. Maybe half the asking price.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

quote:

1991 BMW M3 13k original miles - $110000 (belmont)

Purchased from the original owners here locally in San Mateo, 13,200 ORIGINAL MILES, absolute showroom condition, completely stock, virtually zero wear and tear, original books, keys, records, window sticker, sales contract...white with black interior. Garage kept since new, and untouched for nearly 15 years. Truely belongs in a museum!! Will go on ebay shortly with photos, but I prefer the quick sale. I will not send pics, no time. Shown by appointment only!! Yes the price is $100,000 DO NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU DONT HAVE THIS KIND OF MONEY. I dont need a lesson on how its only worth $30k or $40k.....go buy one somewhere else.

You will not find another anywhere in the world like this one!!!

:downs:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/3454823015.html

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

he has no time to take pictures of his 20 year old 100k dollar car.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Why would you want a brand new M3 when you could get one that's over twenty years old for almost twice the price?

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
That, and sitting for 15 years it probably needs a complete restoration, not a single oil seal would function, nor probably would any of the hoses, gaskets, tires, suspension bushings, etc.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
"only worth 30 or 40k"

Holy poo poo what kind of fantasy world is this guy living in where E30 M3s are going for 30 or 40k?

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

rscott posted:

"only worth 30 or 40k"

Holy poo poo what kind of fantasy world is this guy living in where E30 M3s are going for 30 or 40k?

I don't know if they sold or not, but I grabbed the first "Roundel" I found (March '12) and the For Sale section had a 56k miles '91 M3 for $35,000 and an '89 for $50,000.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

rscott posted:

"only worth 30 or 40k"

every now and then you see a super clean one with low miles go for that price(asking price, no clue what they actually sell for). But a run of the mill e30 m3 can usually be had for 15-20. 100K+ is a stupid price no matter what though.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

rscott posted:

"only worth 30 or 40k"

The one he has could go for 30-40 if it is in pristine condition. I think the 20k rule still applies for a well running, non-rusty e30 m3 these days.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Now regular E30s just need to appreciate...

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Lightbulb Out posted:

Now regular E30s just need to appreciate...

Ugh no, they need to depreciate more. I tried to buy one for a while, but they go for more than E36's here.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Roundel/BMWCCA classifieds always run waaaaay high on market values.

The E30 market has been skyrocketing in general though, god forbid you try to buy a clean 318is for less than $5000 these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

opengl128 posted:

Ugh no, they need to depreciate more. I tried to buy one for a while, but they go for more than E36's here.

ya I feel that a reg e30 should be worth around 1-2k, yet they're always at least double that. Anything in the 1-2k range is an eta that hasn't had its oil changed in years.