Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Woodchucks draft Thurman Munson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Google doc link for the new page.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkF311T6qtJidFJyZDFJNGpjRFllVG80MzFmTWJGQVE#gid=0

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'm going to be taking offers for my 2nd round pick in the draft (the pick currently on the clock). I'm looking for outfield depth and pitching. Feel free to post them here or PM me. I'll make my pick around midnight EST if I don't like any offers.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

mks5000 posted:

I'm going to be taking offers for my 2nd round pick in the draft (the pick currently on the clock). I'm looking for outfield depth and pitching. Feel free to post them here or PM me. I'll make my pick around midnight EST if I don't like any offers.

I can give you both 1919 Claude Hendrix and 1919 Phil Douglas for the pick if you're interested in pitching.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

mks5000 posted:

I can beat moose's offer unless you particularly want a deadball pitcher.

e: Oh, midnight EST, so you're not saying you plan to wait 5 hours. Let me get myself together.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...
I've got the pick after mks5000 and I'm still not 100% on which way to go, so I'm open to offers for the pick as well. Ideally I'd like to improve my CF situation (2012 Werth/Harper) or rotation, but I'm in no position to turn down offers at C, SS, or 3B.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mentholmoose posted:

I can give you both 1919 Claude Hendrix and 1919 Phil Douglas for the pick if you're interested in pitching.

If I had a better defensive team then I'd probably take this deal, but both of their SO/9 are a bit low for my tastes. I respectfully decline.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 6, 2012

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

mks5000 posted:

1974 Jimmy Wynn?

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

:ducksiren: TRADE :ducksiren:

The Spokane Air Raid have traded their 3rd round pick to the Web 2.0 Bloggers for SS '68 Dick McAuliffe and RP '01 John Rocker

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

ManifunkDestiny posted:

The Spokane Air Raid have traded their 3rd round pick to the Web 2.0 Bloggers for SS '68 Dick McAuliffe and RP '01 John Rocker

Lol, you traded for John Rocker?? Why?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Bloggers confirm this trade. Pleasure doing business, Manifunk.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Roster!
code:
RF		1998 SDP	Tony Gwynn
CF		1968 DET	Al Kaline
LF		1924 WSN	Goose Goslin
SS		1941 CHW	Luke Appling
3B		2004 CHC	Nomar Garciaparra
2B		1999 SFG	Jeff Kent
1B		1932 CIN	Chick Hafey
C		1960 NYY	Yogi Berra

SP		1924 WSN	Walter Johnson
		1998 SDP	Kevin Brown
		2004 CHC	Greg Maddux
		1975 BOS	Luis Tiant
		1923 CIN	Dolf Luque

S. Relief	1998 SDP	Donne Wall
S. Relief	2004 CHC	LaTroy Hawkins
M. Relief	1998 SDP	Dan Miceli
L. Relief	2004 CHC	Carlos Zambrano
Closer		1998 SDP	Trevor Hoffman
Setup		2004 CHC	Kerry Wood

Bench		1998 SDP	Steve Finley
		1924 WSN	Sam Rice
		1986 NYM	Tim Teufel
		1986 NYM	Gary Carter
		2004 CHC	Sammy Sosa
		2006 NYY	Robinson Cano

Minors		2004 CHC	Kent Mercker
		1965 MLN	Phil Niekro
		1924 WSN	Tom Zachary
		1961 CHC	Ron Santo
		1994 CAL	Chuck Finley
		1994 CAL	Tim Salmon
Note that I've dropped 2004 Michael Barrett, who has literally done nothing, for 1994 Tim Salmon because I needed a third string 3B.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

tatankatonk posted:

Lol, you traded for John Rocker?? Why?

STRIKEOUTS SON

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Faustoan Bargain posted:

I've got the pick after mks5000 and I'm still not 100% on which way to go, so I'm open to offers for the pick as well. Ideally I'd like to improve my CF situation (2012 Werth/Harper) or rotation, but I'm in no position to turn down offers at C, SS, or 3B.

I can flip a now freed 1990 edition (who is frnakly 98% of the 1982 edition), Yount who can fill in at SS or CF (despite not playing SS for years at this point, he can play it just fine in BM2013 land), if you can do something that involves relief pitching?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

ManifunkDestiny posted:

STRIKEOUTS SON

He's so bad!! Look at that 1.4 WHIP and the 5.5 BB/9!!!

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005

tatankatonk posted:

He's so bad!! Look at that 1.4 WHIP and the 5.5 BB/9!!!

sorry, can't hear you over this 10.7 SO/9

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Faustoan Bargain posted:

HAVE A 1974 JIMMY WYNN SON

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

mks5000 posted:

In the interest of trading away more strikeouts, would you take 1968 Denny McLain + 2004 Jason Bay?

Faustoan Bargain posted:

How do you feel about 1993 Lenny Dykstra and one of 1968 Bill Freehan and 2004 Jason Kendall?

e: You can also have the corpse of Eddie Matthews ('68) if you want to try your luck on a 3B. I'd love to see what he rolls.

e2: I would trade Eddie Matthews to anyone for basically anything if you promise to put him on your roster.

e3: Don't trade with Cthulhu!!!

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 6, 2012

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

mks5000 posted:

I I had a better defensive team then I'd probably take this deal, but both of their SO/9 are a bit low for my tastes. I respectfully decline.
No worries.

Faustoan Bargain posted:

I'll extend you the same offer I extended to mks, 1919 Claude Hendrix and 1919 Phil Douglas for the pick. If you're interested let me know.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

Mornacale - I'm giving your offer some serious thought; addressing CF and C issues in one move has a lot of appeal even if I could get a better CF or catcher with the pick. That applies to anyone else who's interested in a nice shiny 2nd-round pick... unless I'm blown away, think any move would have to take care of two of my areas of need (which are basically everything but 1B and COF).

Cthulhu - mildly tempting, but see above. Unless Yount can play SS and CF at the same time...!

tatankatonk, mentholmoose - don't really see the offers there being any real upgrades from what I have already, so thanks but no thanks.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Well, I'm sticking with the pick. The Hartford Whalers select 1966 Steve Carlton with the 29th pick of the draft. I'm going double deep on Steve Caltons in Super League VIII. This is probably a great idea.

On that note, I'm looking to sell some pitching. 1976 Jim Kaat or 1972 Mel Stottlemyre for a corner outfield platoon bat, preferably a lefty.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 6, 2012

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

All right, I'm on the clock, but I'll be waiting a few hours. I'm leaning toward keeping that pick, but still very open to the right offer - just get it in by, say, 2:30 AM EST?

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

mks5000 posted:

On that note, I'm looking to sell some pitching. 1976 Jim Kaat or 1972 Mel Stottlemyre for a corner outfield platoon bat, preferably a lefty.

Can I interest you in a JD Drew? 2000 vintage, excellent patience, would be a great 4th outfielder/platoon guy. Best of all, you don't have to pay his contract!

I'd be looking for '76 Jim Kaat, '76 Ron Reed, and '95 Randy Velarde (because my infield is cursed and I need warm tepid bodies to sacrifice).

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Faustoan Bargain posted:

All right, I'm on the clock, but I'll be waiting a few hours. I'm leaning toward keeping that pick, but still very open to the right offer - just get it in by, say, 2:30 AM EST?

If you decide not to take my offer, do me a favor and give me a counter-offer before you pick?

mks5000 posted:

Might be interested in these guys if you want to try your luck with '64 Boog Powell (the only lefty, alas), '68 Willie Horton, '90 Shane Mack, or the 2004 versions of Jason Bay or Craig Wilson. (Assuming I didn't give up one of these in the Superstars auction and forget about it.)

e: Among all my other stuff, these are just COFs

e2: vvv Give me a little bit to get together a list of basically all my potentially-interesting players.

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 6, 2012

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

Mornacale posted:

If you decide not to take my offer, do me a favor and give me a counter-offer before you pick?

Can do, if you can point me to your roster so I don't have to dig around through page after page for it!

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Oh dear. It looks like there will be a good chance that my draft time will expire before I wake up tomorrow. What should I do? Is there any chance that I could get an hour or three of extended time?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Oh dear. It looks like there will be a good chance that my draft time will expire before I wake up tomorrow. What should I do? Is there any chance that I could get an hour or three of extended time?

You could do what some have done, which is to post your first and second draft preferences before you go to bed. That way someone will draft your guy for you.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Trade me your pick. :getin:

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

Faustoan Bargain posted:

Hall of Famer ('37) Earl Averill would solve your CF sitch immediately, and I could also send you the surprisingly decent-hitting '95 Sandy Alomar Jr.

Mornacale - I'll take you up on the corpse of Eddie Mathews (I have a too-young version, and maybe they'll average to greatness!) if you'll take 2000 Rick Ankiel. :getin:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Mornacale posted:

Trade me your pick. :getin:

I'm too scared, dad.

Seriously though, if I haven't posted by the time my time expires, then my first choice is 1997 Rob Nen, and my second choice is 1955 Eddie Yost. Does that work?

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

Viscount Slim posted:

Hall of Famer ('37) Earl Averill would solve your CF sitch immediately, and I could also send you the surprisingly decent-hitting '95 Sandy Alomar Jr.

Any other options for a second player? As many memories as Alomar gave me, I'm not sure he's really an upgrade over what I've got... a better catcher (or IF depth) with Averill could probably get it done.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Hey, can we trade guys that are on our feeders but not our EC rosters since we're in-between seasons? I asked in the IRC but no one's around :goleft:

e: VVV woooooo

Monicro fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 6, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Monicro posted:

Hey, can we trade guys that are on our feeders but not our EC rosters since we're in-between seasons? I asked in the IRC but no one's around :goleft:
Yeah.
Go nuts.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

Faustoan Bargain posted:

Any other options for a second player? As many memories as Alomar gave me, I'm not sure he's really an upgrade over what I've got... a better catcher (or IF depth) with Averill could probably get it done.

Well, my other two catchers are Darrell Porter and Carlton Fisk, who've been great for me, and while I could pry one loose to pair with Averill, it would take a good deal more than the pick.

I have a great deal of infield depth, though most of it is kind of meh; Matt Williams ('91) has a lot of power, and Mogul thinks he can play shortstop as well, if that interests you. I also have a somewhat embarrassing number of spare starting pitchers who would not be awful, but are not going to be great, either (Dennis Leonard, CYA-winner LaMarr Hoyt, etc).

Would you be willing to throw in Sean Burnett? My bullpen is kind of shady.

Viscount Slim fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Dec 6, 2012

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

That in mind, I've got the 1964 Pirates, 2004 Orioles, 2011 White Sox, and 2012 Nationals - original roster here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499603&userid=0&perpage=20&pagenumber=75#post408679135 - if any spare parts along with the draft pick might get a deal done. I've got two Edwin Jacksons, a Gavin Floyd, and an Adam Dunn not being used to full value, and '64 Jerry Lynch is a solid LF option.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Viscount Slim posted:

Can I interest you in a JD Drew? 2000 vintage, excellent patience, would be a great 4th outfielder/platoon guy. Best of all, you don't have to pay his contract!

I'd be looking for '76 Jim Kaat, '76 Ron Reed, and '95 Randy Velarde (because my infield is cursed and I need warm tepid bodies to sacrifice).

While I'm slightly interested by JD Drew, I am not exactly in a position to give up Randy Valverde because infield depth is one of my biggest problems. If Collins or Cash get hurt then I absolutely need Valverde on this team.

Mornacale posted:

Might be interested in these guys if you want to try your luck with '64 Boog Powell (the only lefty, alas), '68 Willie Horton, '90 Shane Mack, or the 2004 versions of Jason Bay or Craig Wilson. (Assuming I didn't give up one of these in the Superstars auction and forget about it.)

Boog Powell is slightly interesting, but I'm really looking for a right fielder in all honesty. I probably should have been more specific in my trade offer, sorry.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

mks5000 posted:

While I'm slightly interested by JD Drew, I am not exactly in a position to give up Randy Valverde because infield depth is one of my biggest problems. If Collins or Cash get hurt then I absolutely need Valverde on this team.

Fair enough, any other throw-ins you can add in lieu of Velarde? He's certainly not worth killing the deal over. I only suggested him because you're going to have to pare down to 28 players after the picks, etc.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Sure, you can have until 4:00 Central Standard Time tomorrow to make your pick.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Hey dudes, if someone wants to trade for:

OF Mel Ott

OF Tim Raines

C Ernie Lombardi

1B Johnny Mize

OF Bobby Thomson

Or someone on these teams, that would be cool okay later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

Viscount Slim posted:

Well, my other two catchers are Darrell Porter and Carlton Fisk, who've been great for me, and while I could pry one loose to pair with Averill, it would take a good deal more than the pick.

I have a great deal of infield depth, though most of it is kind of meh; Matt Williams ('91) has a lot of power, and Mogul thinks he can play shortstop as well, if that interests you.

Would you be willing to throw in Sean Burnett? My bullpen is kind of shady.

I'm not confident enough in my pen to part with Burnett, I fear.
(EDIT: Oh, right, he actually wasn't rostered; I was just considering adding him as an extra southpaw due to Thornton's lousy EC season. Yeah, I guess either of those guys could be expendable enough, then.)

What years Porter and Fisk are we talking about? And what beyond the pick would each require?

Faustoan Bargain fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 6, 2012