Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

Clay isn't going to necessarily survive prison and it's not like he has the resources to mount an elaborate defence, much less bail.
Let's just say we aren't done seeing the Irish on SOA. Clay will have to have a "friendly chat" (fist fight) with a few Irish guys in prison and they will smuggle him to Ireland in a SAM missile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Hopefully by firing the missile.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend
I think it was Wendy that ratted on Tara as a way of getting her kids back. Accessory to Murder > Junkie. Never mind that she wouldn't have any reason to actually know about Tara bringing the crucifix to Otto. She probably got that info from Donal Logue in a scene that Sutter never wrote.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Assuming the police didn't just finally get around to charging Tara, it was Gemma who reported her. She even said she'd do it after she found out about the offer from the hospital. And it's not like after she helped frame Clay that afternoon she wasn't above sending someone else to prison.

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

watt par posted:

Assuming the police didn't just finally get around to charging Tara, it was Gemma who reported her. She even said she'd do it after she found out about the offer from the hospital. And it's not like after she helped frame Clay that afternoon she wasn't above sending someone else to prison.

Is this the first episode you've watched?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

cornface posted:

Is this the first episode you've watched?

Well yeah I wouldn't put it past Sutter, but still.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Senjuro posted:

Word of warning: The Wire ruins the rest of television for you (especially cop shows) so don't go near it before you're done with The Shield.

As others have stated, this simply isn't true. The Wire hits the ground running and is outstanding from the first episode to the last. The Shield has a weak "monster of the week" first season and really takes off in the second and doesn't ever falter. The main difference is The Wire is gritty and realistic, while The Shield is more less concerned with realism than telling an excellent story.

Overall The Wire is the better show, but that doesn't mean a hell of a lot when talking about two of the best shows ever made.

Also, how did the whole "JUICE IS BLACK!?!?" storyline end? That was the final straw for me. Sutter should be ashamed of that story arc.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
It was literally just Jax, Chigs and Bobby at the table discussing his betrayal. Chigs told Jax what the leverage was (Black daddy), Jax looks around at Chigs and Bobby and says "I think it's time we changed a couple of by-laws". They agreed and it sort of had a "this should never have been a problem in the first place" vibe.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Once you've seen The Wire season four, the rest of television is kind of just a thing.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Dead Snoopy posted:

Why did Otto bite off his tongue? He's a psycho. Look back at everything we've seen about him and how do we NOT expect some batshit insane act of self mutilation?

You took that comment far to seriously.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Q_res posted:

It was literally just Jax, Chigs and Bobby at the table discussing his betrayal. Chigs told Jax what the leverage was (Black daddy), Jax looks around at Chigs and Bobby and says "I think it's time we changed a couple of by-laws". They agreed and it sort of had a "this should never have been a problem in the first place" vibe.

Yeah but then Jax uses it as leverage against Juice, doesn't he? It doesn't just end with Jax, Chibs and Bobby yukking it up. Jax uses it to secure Juice's vote at ~!~The Table~!~. Also Juice says nothing when Clay is arrested, depriving him of an alibi. Or am I remembering wrong?

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Q_res posted:

Well that's just lazy.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Seams posted:

Yeah but then Jax uses it as leverage against Juice, doesn't he? It doesn't just end with Jax, Chibs and Bobby yukking it up. Jax uses it to secure Juice's vote at ~!~The Table~!~. Also Juice says nothing when Clay is arrested, depriving him of an alibi. Or am I remembering wrong?

Jax holds the fact that Juice was talking to the Feds as leverage, I don't think he technically holds the dad issue over his head. But my memory might be off on that.

Besides, of course Juice doesn't say anything, Juice gave Jax the gun so he could set Clay up.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 7, 2012

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Right, but the whole black dad is the reason Juice was talking to the Feds in the first place. So I consider Jax's blackmail part of the same arc.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Sure, but I think there's a big difference between "You were ratting the club out to the Feds, you'd better get in line" and Jax holding his father over his head.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I miss Henry Rollins.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

niethan posted:

I miss Henry Rollins.

He didn't really do anything and got his rear end kicked a lot. Pretty much a non-starter. Whatever happened to the leader of the Nords who had a changer of heart over the Jewish Holocaust survivor?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NewtGoongrich posted:

As others have stated, this simply isn't true. The Wire hits the ground running and is outstanding from the first episode to the last. The Shield has a weak "monster of the week" first season and really takes off in the second and doesn't ever falter. The main difference is The Wire is gritty and realistic, while The Shield is more less concerned with realism than telling an excellent story.

Overall The Wire is the better show, but that doesn't mean a hell of a lot when talking about two of the best shows ever made.

Also, how did the whole "JUICE IS BLACK!?!?" storyline end? That was the final straw for me. Sutter should be ashamed of that story arc.

Dude, compared to the Shield the Wire loving sucks.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Once you've seen The Wire season four, the rest of television is kind of just a thing.

Yeah. I think overall I prefer The Shield but Season 4 of The Wire is amazing.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Rhyno posted:

there are no words that are more false on the Internet than this. I mean jesus loving christ.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Azure_Horizon posted:

there are no words that are more false on the Internet than this. I mean jesus loving christ.

The catfish thread would like a word with you. Maybe he is trolling, maybe that is his opinion. Either way, does it matter?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The Shield owns, The Wire owns. We don't have to fight over this

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Armyman25 posted:

He didn't really do anything and got his rear end kicked a lot. Pretty much a non-starter. Whatever happened to the leader of the Nords who had a changer of heart over the Jewish Holocaust survivor?

He was intense enough that him not doing anything was better than anything anyone else on the show did

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Zzulu posted:

The Shield owns, The Wire owns. We don't have to fight over this

Yeah, save it for the Breaking Bad finale thread.

kylejack
Feb 28, 2006

I'M AN INSUFFERABLE PEDANTIC POMPOUS RACIST TROLL WHO BELIEVES VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM. I SUFFER FROM TERMINAL WHITE GUILT. PLEASE EXPOSE MY LIES OR BETTER YET JUST IGNORE ME!

Rhyno posted:

Exactly the opposite.

"You want it to be one way, but it's the other."
-Marlo Stanfield

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Decent season final. Did Gemma know Clay was going to get arrested? Seemed to me she was deciding whether or not to give a false statement... but unsure if she actually knew this was going to happen

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

truther posted:

Decent season final. Did Gemma know Clay was going to get arrested? Seemed to me she was deciding whether or not to give a false statement... but unsure if she actually knew this was going to happen

I think Gemma knew something was going to happen to Clay via Jax which is why she was lulling Clay into a false sense of security of their 'old life', to which Gemma did not want to return. She simply pounced on the opportunity and can just say he wasn't home and thus no alibi with her (and possibly Juice for that matter).

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009
I am watching the season finale now.

Why the gently caress does Tig give a poo poo about dog fighting? He has killed a loving lot of people. That is so loving stupid.

EDIT:: Also who is the homeless chick that just pops up like an angel or some poo poo every once in awhile? Is it ever explained and I just missed it?

EDIT 2 :: WTF WHY DID HE BITE HIS TONGUE OFF.

How many days does Jax have to not shower to get such a nice thick coat of grease on his head?

Why did Clay have a gun registered in his name?

Tennis Ball fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 9, 2012

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Tennis Ball posted:

I am watching the season finale now.

Why the gently caress does Tig give a poo poo about dog fighting? He has killed a loving lot of people. That is so loving stupid.

EDIT:: Also who is the homeless chick that just pops up like an angel or some poo poo every once in awhile? Is it ever explained and i just missed it?
Sociopaths are known to care more about animals than humans.

Also remember he hated Lem over something to do with a dog.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Tennis Ball posted:

That's a pretty good question.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

Tennis Ball posted:

Didn't he say it was a gift from somebody.

I imagine Clay registers for guns like chicks register for wedding gifts.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Donny Brook posted:

Didn't he say it was a gift from somebody.

I imagine Clay registers for guns like chicks register for wedding gifts.

I think he meant because Clay is a convicted felon on probation, which is a big no-no.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Q_res posted:

I think he meant because Clay is a convicted felon on probation, which is a big no-no.

And also because of Season 1 when Gemma pulls Tera aside and gives her a gun saying "don't use one registered in your name" like it's the most basic killing people with guns advice there is. Even if it was a gift it was a gift from an outlaw, gotta be, so why would it have ever been registered in Clay's name?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

"Don't use a registered gun to kill people" doesn't logically lead to "Don't own any registered guns", that's silly.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Q_res posted:

"Don't use a registered gun to kill people" doesn't logically lead to "Don't own any registered guns", that's silly.

Being a felon logically leads to "Don't own any registered guns"

\/\/ yeah I saw it... are you arguing with yourself or something?

CloFan fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 9, 2012

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

No poo poo? Read 3 posts above yours champ...

ShuckyDucky
Jun 19, 2008

Quack Quack
If you've ridden the SOA train this far down the line, how in the world can you continue to expect significant plot points to stand up to critical reasoning? :iiam:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ShuckyDucky posted:

If you've ridden the SOA train this far down the line, how in the world can you continue to expect significant plot points to stand up to critical reasoning? :iiam:
Still wondering why Gemma wasn't arrested for her DUI crash!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

nooneofconsequence posted:

Detective Jax is still getting to the bottom of it, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

Unlike most things in the Sutterverse toxicology reports take time

• Locked thread