Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
Now I kind of want to wear a fake go pro to every beer league game I play. The object of this game is to annoy the other team as much as you possibly can why else would I use hot pink laces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Reflective visors really send people into a tizzy too.

Also, sweatpants.

Basically it seems like hockey players hate anything that's different.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The jersey number 69 most of the time is worn by a douchebag

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
69, 99, 0 and 00 should be banned by all leagues

coldwind
Apr 8, 2007

Don't worry, Tyler Myers is holding it for you...

JetsGuy posted:

99...should be banned by all leagues
Why should this number should be banned by all leagues?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

shyduck posted:

The jersey number 69 most of the time is worn by a douchebag
"Choose 69!!! Its hilarious!!!"

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Where is a good place to get jerseys for my 6-man pond hockey team?

We have a pretty hilarious logo made up and now we just have to decide on colors and what style of jersey to go with.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

What's your budget?

If your answer is under $50 per jersey with 1 color screen logo, the answer is nowhere.

Unless you want lovely tron jerseys: https://www.hockeytron.com

Also post your hilarious logo so we can laugh at it and I tell you how much it is -- logo on front is the most expensive part depending on what you want.

sellouts fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 7, 2012

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

JetsGuy posted:

We need to ban 1 across all sports. It is such an obnoxious number and I hate that it seems to be the default goalie number.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

coldwind posted:

Why should this number should be banned by all leagues?

I really meant "all senior open leagues", so really just talking about amateur hockey leagues

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'd be content with banning the color yellow for drop in games.

Bring black or white jackasses. :mad:

EvilTwig
Jan 31, 2001

sellouts posted:

What's your budget?

If your answer is under $50 per jersey with 1 color screen logo, the answer is nowhere.

Also post your hilarious logo so we can laugh at it and I tell you how much it is -- logo on front is the most expensive part depending on what you want.

Adding to this, if you go with the Tron jerseys, make sure to order a larger jersey then you think you need. Perhaps its a cross promotion for the new Hobbit film.

coldwind
Apr 8, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

I really meant "all senior open leagues", so really just talking about amateur hockey leagues
That really begs the question, why should it be banned in amateur hockey leagues?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

coldwind posted:

That really begs the question, why should it be banned in amateur hockey leagues?

Because it belonged/belongs to Mr. Gretzky.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

JetsGuy posted:

But how else will you identify players with a great and unique sense of humour?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Black and yellow bumblebee tape.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

sellouts posted:

What's your budget?

Not sure on the budget. We're going to be using it for 3 whole days so Hockey Tron it is most likely.

As for the logo, it's still in the works, we just have a couple sketches. I'll be sure to post it when it's done though.

EvilTwig posted:

Adding to this, if you go with the Tron jerseys, make sure to order a larger jersey then you think you need. Perhaps its a cross promotion for the new Hobbit film.

Is this really a thing?

Pleads posted:

Black and yellow bumblebee tape.

The best bumblebee tape.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 7, 2012

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Ok yeah, your sketches better be vector images to start , and better be limited colors.

Minimum price on a one color logo is 61 dollars and a multi color logo is 101 dollars. Per jersey. For a solid color jersey order less than 10 total jerseys. Oh and they're horrifically slow.

Ain't putting together pond hockey poo poo fun?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

coldwind posted:

Eh, I guess I'm just really impatient about guys who wear them. They usually suck almost as much as I do. :v:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

sellouts posted:

Ok yeah, your sketches better be vector images to start , and better be limited colors.

Minimum price on a one color logo is 61 dollars and a multi color logo is 101 dollars. Per jersey. For a solid color jersey order less than 10 total jerseys. Oh and they're horrifically slow.

Ain't putting together pond hockey poo poo fun?

Does the 10 jersey minimum mean 10 total jerseys, or 10 pairs of lights/darks?

I'm looking at these:
http://www.hockeytron.com/customjersey12.html#.UMIrzHeO4Wl

Should be $34 + $4 (3 color logo). How are you getting $61?

e: VVV Ahh, that makes more sense then.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 7, 2012

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I'd imagine he's getting those numbers from assuming you want a stitched on logo instead of screen printed or heat pressed jerseys like you linked. He *did* say "unless you want Tron jerseys" :v:. The only team I know of in league that got nice jerseys got a local brewery to sponsor them. Even then, I think it's because they know the owner. Their jerseys are kicking rad though and are really high quality.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Because you said 6 men and who gets light and dark jerseys for a pond hockey tournament? The price on the tron page is if you get 10. If you don't, it goes to the bigger price. Which is silly because at that point buying 10 jerseys is cheaper than buying 3.

100 series jersey + 1 color logo is 61 if you don't meet the minimums
100 series jersey + multi color logo is 101 if you don't meet the minimums
you linked a 200 series jersey + multi color logo, which is 114 if you don't meet the minimums

If you don't make the minimums the prices will be as I quoted. Add a single jersey to your cart to see it.

Also, if you're getting 10 jerseys, your options really open up. I'd talk to the guys at highstick.com. They did our order last time, their selection is enormous, but we were sponsored so I dunno what they ended up costing. If you want to see pictures of their work I can show you some or take some tonight. If you see this as a regular thing the good thing is that players that join your team later can get 1 offs instead of having to meet a minimum order again.

Also not sure if anyone will do a 10 jersey order across 2 colors of jerseys but maybe? Worth an email for sure.

sellouts fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 7, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ah, I was under the impression that darks and lights were required. But like you said, it's probably cheaper to get lights/darks for 6 people than it would be to just get 6 with Tron's weird pricing structure.

I'll checkout highstick.com.

And it's just a one-time thing, so there would be no adding players later. These will be used for literally 1 weekend unless we go back again next year, which is why I was looking to keep it fairly cheap.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I know the guys who got nice jerseys got Gray because that way they can be lights or darks if they needed to. :v:

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Here's what we're doing.

Blankhockeyjersey.com, ordering from there.

Locally getting a 1 color heat press logo + numbers on it. With shipping and local cost to customize, totals to be about 48 dollars per person with no socks.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

sellouts posted:

Here's what we're doing.

Blankhockeyjersey.com, ordering from there.

Locally getting a 1 color heat press logo + numbers on it. With shipping and local cost to customize, totals to be about 48 dollars per person with no socks.

I think you mean blankhockeyjerseys.com

Because without the s, it's just a link site.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Socks are for idiots, I'm wearing my cutoff jean shorts.

coldwind
Apr 8, 2007

19 o'clock posted:

Because it belonged/belongs to Mr. Gretzky.
And what did Wayne Gretzky do that the number he wore deserves the same/more reverence than baseball's 42?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Who's 42 in baseball? Is that like Joe Carter or Roberto Alomar or something

coldwind
Apr 8, 2007

Pleads posted:

Who's 42 in baseball? Is that like Joe Carter or Roberto Alomar or something
I don't remember, but I think he may have been the best player ever and was very instrumental in making baseball more popular on the West Coast and that's why we celebrate him as if he was involved in some important historic or sociocultural event.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A lady at hockey last night went down weird, from the angle I saw it her foot got caught under her as she lost an edge and twisted the ankle (and maybe the knee) enough that her toes were pointed backwards. Needed a wheelchair to get out of the rink, and somehow she drove herself to the hospital. People that were helping her in the locker room said the heel area swelled up like a watermelon once the skate came off. :gonk:

Got a message a bit ago through the grapevine that xrays showed a dislocation and "a bunch" of torn tendons.

It looked nasty enough that it's hard not to question the wisdom of speeding around on ice with a pair of razorblades for control. :ohdear:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

coldwind posted:

I don't remember, but I think he may have been the best player ever and was very instrumental in making baseball more popular on the West Coast and that's why we celebrate him as if he was involved in some important historic or sociocultural event.

I literally do not know who you are talking about. I googled the names I could think of to check their numbers but it was neither Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, nor Michael Jordan so I'm at a loss.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I actually don't have a whole lot of reverence for #99, I just was making a meta joke about how those 4 numbers are always used on every team.... didn't mean for this to become a serious discussion. :v:

Pleads posted:

I literally do not know who you are talking about. I googled the names I could think of to check their numbers but it was neither Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, nor Michael Jordan so I'm at a loss.

Jackie Robinson. Literally the only player in baseball that is retired by decree of the league. There is only one active player left that is grandfathered in (and allowed to use 42). Ironically, that's Mariano Rivera, who's a shoe in for the HoF and is the best closer ever.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 8, 2012

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Ohhh, cool. I am always down for learning something new even if it is something about a lesser sport.

I'm 68 this year, I had a brief moment of "oh goddamnit this is just one number off the douche number" before I remembered loyal Jaromir.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I'm #16. I always used 16 when I was in baseball and basketball growing up. I didn't think anything of it until some guy from St. Louis pointed out to me that it was Brett Hull's #.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

JetsGuy posted:

I'm #16. I always used 16 when I was in baseball and basketball growing up. I didn't think anything of it until some guy from St. Louis pointed out to me that it was Brett Hull's #.

Cool.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
I use number 7 in all sports because of Keith Tkachuk.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Rutkowski posted:

I use number 7 in all sports because of Keith Tkachuk.

I used 4 because of Rob Blake, and now I swap between 4, 5 and 44 depending on whats available, also 88.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

coldwind posted:

And what did Wayne Gretzky do that the number he wore deserves the same/more reverence than baseball's 42?

I suppose it doesn't matter in beer leagues, but it has been retired across the NHL if I am not mistaken. I don't think I would feel right sporting that one, but I also love watching Wayne Gretzky highlights on YouTube, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robcat
Jan 31, 2005

xzzy posted:

A lady at hockey last night went down weird, from the angle I saw it her foot got caught under her as she lost an edge and twisted the ankle (and maybe the knee) enough that her toes were pointed backwards. Needed a wheelchair to get out of the rink, and somehow she drove herself to the hospital. People that were helping her in the locker room said the heel area swelled up like a watermelon once the skate came off. :gonk:

Got a message a bit ago through the grapevine that xrays showed a dislocation and "a bunch" of torn tendons.

It looked nasty enough that it's hard not to question the wisdom of speeding around on ice with a pair of razorblades for control. :ohdear:

She dislocated her ankle without breaking any bones? That sounds like a challenge!

Last night was my first night back since my own break/dislocation and it went fairly well, all things considered. Skipped the pick-up portion of the night but was able to do all the drills fairly capably.