Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
Ouch. Well that's sad. So has anything else come out recently that I can get on t he PS3 that's worth getting as a Warriors game? I own WO3 and all the dynasty warriors main series games as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Onion Rings posted:

Ouch. Well that's sad. So has anything else come out recently that I can get on t he PS3 that's worth getting as a Warriors game? I own WO3 and all the dynasty warriors main series games as well.

DW7 Empires is out soon as a downloadable title. Other than that you're waiting for either Ken's Rage 2 or DW 8 whenever.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
More info up on the official DW8 site. It's mostly all the old info we already new from the Famitsu artical but they've got more pictures. The new element system seems...odd.

Also I really want that Zhao Yun outfit with with his RoTK gear. I hope we get that.

Oh and Da Qiao officially has the floral rods. They also seem to have decloned Lu Xun and Liu Bei while keeping them at dual swords. I hope Cao Pi gets his Darth Maul sword back. Never mind, I forgot they already released that he will be getting it back.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou7/#home

Belzac fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 7, 2012

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Please post the website.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Himuro posted:

Please post the website.

Added it in up above.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I see that the Zhang Jiao is back and he has his own set of screens. Here's hoping there's an Other story mode this time. Zhu Rong deserves better.

Are those bullshots? The lighting looks too good for a Musou game.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 7, 2012

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Ding Feng may have suffered from the ridiculous 'big meathead guy is gay' trope, but I think he was my favorite new guy. He may have been a flower-loving ponce in his general interactions, but I loved the raw brutality of his proprietary moveset.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I hope they include Guo Nuwang if they're going to include people like Guan Xiping.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

5er posted:

Ding Feng may have suffered from the ridiculous 'big meathead guy is gay' trope, but I think he was my favorite new guy. He may have been a flower-loving ponce in his general interactions, but I loved the raw brutality of his proprietary moveset.

The charge attacks for the gloves seemed horribly weak though, maybe they're supposed to be a bit weaker to balance the fact that they're unblockable but it meant I didn't like playing him or Meng Huo very much in this version.

I just got Platinum in DW7, that took forever. I guess I'm ready for 8 now.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Twelve by Pies posted:

The charge attacks for the gloves seemed horribly weak though, maybe they're supposed to be a bit weaker to balance the fact that they're unblockable but it meant I didn't like playing him or Meng Huo very much in this version.

I just got Platinum in DW7, that took forever. I guess I'm ready for 8 now.

Or you could get Platinum in DW7:XL...which I'm currently trying to do. Friendship and skill grinding is like a quick walk around the block compared to title grinding. Plus that 1000 battles achievement. And having to get every adjutant to friendly.

And Empires is right around the corner with a whole new host of ridiculous grinding. 7 is the only DW game I've ever gotten all the achievements for, it's pretty easy by comparison to all the others.

Let's not even talk about Next.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Belzac posted:

Or you could get Platinum in DW7:XL...which I'm currently trying to do.
Oh right, I forgot 7XL has its own set of trophies...well...looks like I'm back to the grind. It is sort of annoying that despite maxing out everybody's skill trees in 7 and carrying over the officer data, that I have to re-max out skill trees. Especially Lu Bu, they give you like 3000 skill points but that's nowhere near enough to re-max out his skill tree considering Synergy is like 2200 SP alone.

Since you're further in XL than me, maybe you can answer a couple of questions. They're pretty simple but I haven't figured out some of it yet. So, I did the Remix thing and went back into Conquest to see the new conversations for the three new characters, and that means I need to work on their bonds. I've noticed that Conquest of Chengdu (ten star stage at the bottom center of the map) always gives you a Wei character as your commander. Are the three new characters able to appear there as a commander? I played it about ten times and they didn't appear once, though maybe I'm just slightly unlucky.

Two, does Legend Mode have Legendary stages for the three new characters? I'm a bit disappointed in Legend Mode overall, it's nowhere near as good as the story mode of 7, though I guess it wouldn't make sense for them to do something like that a second time. Still, are there any new events/movies in 7XL? I'd hate to think that there wasn't any new scenes with the new characters.

quote:

7 is the only DW game I've ever gotten all the achievements for, it's pretty easy by comparison to all the others.

I found Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 to be fairly easy to get all the achievements for, with the exception of the two online only trophies which are the only obstacle to me getting Platinum in it.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Twelve by Pies posted:

It is sort of annoying that despite maxing out everybody's skill trees in 7 and carrying over the officer data, that I have to re-max out skill trees. Especially Lu Bu, they give you like 3000 skill points but that's nowhere near enough to re-max out his skill tree considering Synergy is like 2200 SP alone.

I found this weird. I can only guess that they rebalanced some people's skill trees so that now things cost different amounts, or they hosed up the conversion so you don't get as much back. Thankfully you've probably unlocked the Strategist in Legends mode. He can straight up sell you Skill Points.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Are the three new characters able to appear there as a commander? I played it about ten times and they didn't appear once, though maybe I'm just slightly unlucky.

I haven't really gone back to conquest mode with remix, only ever used it to replay story mode. I would assume they can spawn anywhere were a there's a random chance a character can spawn. You don't need to max out their friendship though for anything, it's just a nice bonus thing you can do if you want.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Two, does Legend Mode have Legendary stages for the three new characters? I'm a bit disappointed in Legend Mode overall, it's nowhere near as good as the story mode of 7, though I guess it wouldn't make sense for them to do something like that a second time. Still, are there any new events/movies in 7XL? I'd hate to think that there wasn't any new scenes with the new characters.

Yes, it has Legend stages for all 3 new characters, as well as every character that wasn't playable in original Story Mode. And yes, the most cool thing about Legends mode is that it adds a ton of story events and character to these neglected character. Their is a fair amount of FMV movies and even more in-game cutscenes. I think it starts out pretty slow but by the end you'll love all the legend stages.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I found Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 to be fairly easy to get all the achievements for, with the exception of the two online only trophies which are the only obstacle to me getting Platinum in it.

Same, I'm stuck at 97% or whatever with just the last 2 online trophies left.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You guys should probably go to a site like PS3Trophies or something if you want to wrap up those online ones, I'm sure there's dudes in their forums for DWG3 who need to finish it up too.

Belzac posted:

And Empires is right around the corner with a whole new host of ridiculous grinding. 7 is the only DW game I've ever gotten all the achievements for, it's pretty easy by comparison to all the others.

DW6: Empires can be completed in a day, like 80% of the trophies are "win 1 battle as THIS character".

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

You do know that you don't actually have to do achievements, right?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

kissekatt posted:

Get a lode of this guy.

But in reality achievements in Warriors games give a nice way to extend the life of the game. And keep me doing something in between Warrior releases.

Belzac fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 10, 2012

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Belzac posted:

You don't need to max out their friendship though for anything, it's just a nice bonus thing you can do if you want.
Oh I'm aware it's not necessary, but like I said, as a huge DW nerd, I want to see all the special conversations that they made in Conquest mode for those characters.

quote:

I think it starts out pretty slow but by the end you'll love all the legend stages.
Good, because all I could think of it so far is "This is like a stripped-down and not as interesting version of story mode from the original." Glad to know that it gets better.

kissekatt posted:

You're talking to a guy who played Warriors Orochi 2 to max out proficiency of every character, in the days before achievements. Doing goddamn everything in a Warriors game is kind of a thing for me, and if there's trophies for doing it, well then so much the better.

I have no life. :negative:

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
God I hope DW8 has a better mode than conquest mode. Conquest is boresville.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
You know what would be a great conflict to portray in the style of these games? The Trojan War. You're already halfway there with the single combat and the champions and the shifting alliance chains.

I've gotten into the ROT3K recently, amazing stuff. Guan Yu is my favorite, though I suppose rooting for the three brothers is a bit cliched.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Patter Song posted:

You know what would be a great conflict to portray in the style of these games? The Trojan War. You're already halfway there with the single combat and the champions and the shifting alliance chains.

I've gotten into the ROT3K recently, amazing stuff. Guan Yu is my favorite, though I suppose rooting for the three brothers is a bit cliched.

Hey, good news for you, they already did that!

http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/troy/top.php

I've never played it though. Achilles is in WO3 though and he's pretty good.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

First screenshots and info for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 are out.

I don't really know any of the new locations or characters or whatnot because I'm only at the climax of the Alabasta Arc, but I'll itemize it for you:
  • Game is set after the time skip during the "New World Saga"
  • New characters (i.e. Enel) and stages (Sky Island)
  • New "powered-up actions" and gameplay modes

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Really hoping that Smoker and Mr. 1 are playable, or at least in the game. Tashigi, Alvida, and Vivi would be good choices if they want more women characters.

This isn't totally DW related but trying to find DLC for 7XL on the PS store made me realize how completely and absolutely lovely the new store is, it was way too much of a hassle to try and find the stuff I wanted to. I already hated the new store, but this really cemented it as the worst in my mind.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Policenaut posted:

First screenshots and info for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 are out.

I don't really know any of the new locations or characters or whatnot because I'm only at the climax of the Alabasta Arc, but I'll itemize it for you:
  • Game is set after the time skip during the "New World Saga"
  • New characters (i.e. Enel) and stages (Sky Island)
  • New "powered-up actions" and gameplay modes

They have only been to 2 locations in the New World I'm not sure how they can make a whole game out of that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

socialsecurity posted:

They have only been to 2 locations in the New World I'm not sure how they can make a whole game out of that.

Maybe they'll stick the current anime filler arc in and the new movie to make it, uh, three.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

socialsecurity posted:

Well the first one mostly "takes place" during the first trip to Sabaody Archipelago as Luffy and the others are basically catching Brook up on what happened before they met. Then you get levels for the rest of the pre-timeskip events after that.

kissekatt posted:

You don't actually have to play the games at all, but here we are.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 is coming to Europe next Summer. Tecmo Koei Europe always confirms this stuff way in advance of TK USA so you can just assume that it's going to happen in North America. Only the PS3 version is confirmed so far.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Policenaut posted:

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 is coming to Europe next Summer. Tecmo Koei Europe always confirms this stuff way in advance of TK USA so you can just assume that it's going to happen in North America. Only the PS3 version is confirmed so far.

That's a little sooner than I expected. With DW7E out in February and SW4 out in February '14, I wonder if they're going to try and slide DW8 in as a fall release a little after this.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
http://youtu.be/IckAI_1_3bI

Dynasty Warriors 8 trailer.

Holy poo poo.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Himuro posted:

Holy poo poo.

I have suddenly been gripped with a nagging fear that I may die while playing this game, like those poor souls who play an MMO or Starcraft for days and days until they just expire.

Jesus dick.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Well, I'm ready to kill a third of China all over again.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
The lighting is so much better, the environments look better, even the attack animations are smoother and faster. It's as if they learned a shitton from the combined efforts of both 7 and Warriors Orochi 3.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Himuro posted:

Holy poo poo.

That horse sequence from Chi Bi. :stare:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
They also put up a fair amount of wallpaper quality screenshots and just some straight wallpapers of the new characters:

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou7/twittercp01.html

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
The SSX musou shot is still the most impressive thing to me. The lighting, the animation. :stare: Holy poo poo, it looks next gen for Musou. Am I the only one?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Yeah, this is looking really awesome. I love the improvements to the combat engine the most.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Famitsu gave Shin Hokuto Musou 37/40. Does anyone remember what they gave the first one?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Samurai Sanders posted:

Famitsu gave Shin Hokuto Musou 37/40. Does anyone remember what they gave the first one?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh, so they actually reflected the slight bit of improvement I saw to the game, just from the demo. Too bad they started so high to start with though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm almost willing to actually shell out for Hokuto Musou 2 when it drops on the NA PSN in February after playing the demo, but I'd really need to see how much KT USA will charge for it and read the Japanese impressions to make sure. I mean I only rented the original and managed to platinum it in that time, so going from $7 to a $40-50 digital investment is kind of much.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Apparently Xiahou Dun uses the same hair stylist as Dragonball Z characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Bao Sanniang, Guan Ping and Guan Suo have their new outfits up (and Bao Sanniang).