Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Revvik posted:

It ended up being $13k out the door, with 70k on the odometer. And yeah, this is really the best color. I'm 27 and needed a cosigner, so my dad offered with the catch that he had final say on what I bought. He said the only problem with this car is that he doesn't own it.

He was partly right. The driver's side power window controls don't seem to work on any of the passenger windows, the paint is not even close to being perfect, and I have a hard time believing the stock exhaust is supposed to sound this... intimidating. But I was grinning ear to ear the entire 2 hour drive home.

I'm going to give it six months until I start putting money into modification - plenty of time to learn about everything I would want to do with it.

Edit: I was cross-shopping WRXs, Infiniti G35s, and some BMWs when someone reminded me that Mazda made more than Miatas. I really only regret not getting to test the MS3.

Your power windows don't work? Easy fix. Go to each window and puut them all the way down until you hear a click. The put them back up. Return to the driver controls and they should all work now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Your power windows don't work? Easy fix. Go to each window and puut them all the way down until you hear a click. The put them back up. Return to the driver controls and they should all work now.

Don't know why this worked, but thanks so much!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Revvik posted:

It's really common. Whenever your battery is disconnected you need to reset the automatic windows and to do it you need to use the switch on each actual door. Doesn't make a ton of sense but that's what Mazda decided to do.

The car looks great! Black cherry is a unique color! Is it a GT or sport model?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Revvik posted:

No problem, it'll happen every time you disconnect the battery. It's a "security feature." And let me echo the color envy, I could not find a Black Cherry for sale anywhere when I bought mine so I had to settle for Black Mica. If I have one recommendation for you it's get rid of those window visors. They are terrible and make the car look terrible. Ditch them asap! And then post a ton more pics!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That's bizarre, because I can't recall my MS3 doing that with the windows after any time I've had the battery disconnected. Must be a Mazda6 thing?

SiB
May 6, 2005
Mazda6, CX7, CX9 etc...

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

My Mazda power windows are just really loving slow because of decades of carbon build-up on the switches. :saddowns:

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The car looks great! Black cherry is a unique color! Is it a GT or sport model?

GT. leather is in great shape too. The keyless entry system is spoiling me, I wish my house front door worked this way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

That's bizarre, because I can't recall my MS3 doing that with the windows after any time I've had the battery disconnected. Must be a Mazda6 thing?

Its the first sticky in the MS6 forum on mazdas247, don't remember seeing it in the MS3 forum.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Speaking of mirrors, why can't I have auto-down AND auto-up on all of my MS3's windows? At the very least just from the driver seat. My girlfriend's Genesis coupe and my brother's GTI both have this feature. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MetaJew posted:

Speaking of mirrors, why can't I have auto-down AND auto-up on all of my MS3's windows? At the very least just from the driver seat. My girlfriend's Genesis coupe and my brother's GTI both have this feature. :(

I have that on my MS6. What year is your MS3?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The new Mazda 6 looks really nice, plus there is an optional twin turbo diesel engine pushing almost 400hp

On a related to MS6 chat note, we had two MS6's traded in at work and they didn't tell me about either of them until after they went to auction :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

The new Mazda 6 looks really nice, plus there is an optional twin turbo diesel engine pushing almost 400hp

On a related to MS6 chat note, we had two MS6's traded in at work and they didn't tell me about either of them until after they went to auction :smith:

1. Are they really bringing that to the US?

2. That is absolute bullshit.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Diesel 6, yes. Turbodiesel 400hp? I'm pretty sure that's the version going touring car racing :v:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

1. Are they really bringing that to the US?

2. That is absolute bullshit.

Yes they are

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 7, 2012

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

I heard from people at work they are yes

Neat! I hope IOC is wrong and there is a 400hp version available to regular customers. With a 6 speed and AWD of course.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Neat! I hope IOC is wrong and there is a 400hp version available to regular customers. With a 6 speed and AWD of course.

I'd be pretty happy to be wrong about that!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It won't be all wheel drive, but the twin turbo diesel will be available for regular customers. That engine isn't coming out until later in 2014 though. At launch it's getting a 2.5l 184hp 183 ft lb 4 cyl.

e: i am skeptical of the HP claims since I think people may be confusing that with something else, but it's gonna have a poo poo load of torque

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 7, 2012

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
400 ft/lbs maybe?

That's still a loving dumb amount of power.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING.

I just want a new MS6, is that too much to ask?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I guess it is :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it! I don't want a hatchback! I want a family sedan!

That drives like a loving rocket.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I wish they would make a speed2

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

I wish they'd make a SpeedyANYTHINGELSE.

I mean poo poo, Ford's doing a Fiesta ST and possibly a Fusion ST down the line.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Rhyno posted:

I have that on my MS6. What year is your MS3?

I have an 09 MS3 GT. Only the driver side front window has auto down.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

There is no way that thing would be 400hp. 400ft/lbs maybe. 400hp would have to be some sort of Speed 6-RS-M-AMG model.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MetaJew posted:

I have an 09 MS3 GT. Only the driver side front window has auto down.

Seriously? That sucks

SiB
May 6, 2005
Thew first diesel engine we get will be the single turbo, 2.2L 173hp 310ft/lb... with about 25-30% better fuel economy than the current Sky-G (gasoline) 2.0L engine.

Heres a bit of info and some picturs...

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/29/mazda-announces-diesel-engine-for-mazda6-larger-2-5l-for-cx-5/

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/28/la-display-confirms-diesel-mazda6-for-us/

The CX-5 definitely needs this engine! But it is getting the bigger sky-G (2.5L)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Nodoze posted:

Just slap the Skyactiv or 2.5L in it for all I care.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

Just slap the Skyactiv or 2.5L in it for all I care.

As long as it gets a real transmission. 4-speed auto is :stonk:

I know there a manual version but still

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I swear, Mazda wants me to get a Focus ST. They don't even care.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Nodoze posted:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Rhyno posted:

I swear, Mazda wants me to get a Focus ST. They don't even care.

Yeah, if only Mazda made a 3 with a big turbo in it...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cygni posted:

Yeah, if only Mazda made a 3 with a big turbo in it...

I don't like the styling of the current 3. Meanwhile I love the Focus ST.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Rhyno posted:

Begrudgingly signing this.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

It grows on you. But had I been able to get my hands on an ST, I might not be in the Speed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

It grows on you. But had I been able to get my hands on an ST, I might not be in the Speed.

Local Ford has two dealer locations, two STs at each one.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I personally think the interior of the Focus looks like a decepticon ejaculated, but to each their own. It's what kept me from buying a Focus (although the ST didn't exist yet, and the interiors have gotten a little better)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Isn't the Focus ST AWD or am I thinking of the cooler one we don't get here (america :argh: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
I don't think any of the Focus STs or RSs were ever AWD. The RS had the Revo knuckle and an a real LSD, though-- I think.