Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Soundhound is killing it. I should have the rest of the catalogue (or what's on Grooveshark at least) in the playlist in the next week or two. Added a whole bunch today.

Edit: Anyone know what the intro for Episode 13 is? I recognize, but Soundhound won't pick it up.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hrpff
Jun 19, 2004
undercooked Wendy's burgers or something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRl57vIK2tQ
:effort:

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Cervixalot posted:

Soundhound is killing it. I should have the rest of the catalogue (or what's on Grooveshark at least) in the playlist in the next week or two. Added a whole bunch today.

Edit: Anyone know what the intro for Episode 13 is? I recognize, but Soundhound won't pick it up.

Where's the link to this? I'll put your work in progress in the OP.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RustyTrombone posted:

Where's the link to this? I'll put your work in progress in the OP.

Cervixalot posted:

Here's the current playlist on Grooveshark: http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Uhhyeahdude69+com/78178030

Lots more to go!

Quaquecyoe
Oct 6, 2008

They include the important signals of Facial Expression, so crucial to daily human interaction
I find it amazing that people are still discovering the magic of UYD. I jumped on in 2008 and goddamn, my vocabulary has doubled in dopeness and my knowledge of obscure scientific studies has grown so much.

If you guys haven't watched any of Seth's Corners get on it, there's something about those videos that shakes me up in a way that I can't really put into words. There's something surreal about watching a dude get tazered on Cops and then having it cut to some lady winning a microwave on the Price is Right or some other game show, I can't remember. The wild swings between each part of his videos are what gets me.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The buildup in the Anderson Cooper bit this week was phenomenal. I was wondering why Seth was going over this guy's horrible story in so much detail, but the way he segued back to the interview was perfect.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Did you even know what love was?

Todd Forklift
Dec 19, 2006

Nap time, jew

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
I went to some snooty boutique place in St Paul (which they seem to mention fairly frequently for some reason) and had the UYD Scent made custom...and goddamn it smells so good it makes me hungry. I have to call in to the voicemail and see if they want a bottle. They had it before, but that was a long time ago. I think someone sent some in in like the 90's?

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Gotta secure the perim.

UYD: Asian Fuckfaces / Black Fuckfaces

dvorak fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 10, 2012

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Haha the hit and run serial killer was amazing.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

dvorak posted:

Gotta secure the perim.

On. Point.

And speaking of things that are on point, the Uhh Yeah Mans have been doing it RIGHT lately. These last few episodes have been absolute aural gold. They are starting the push for 500 at full steam.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

dvorak posted:

No Mexican Fuckfaces? That's racist.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

TACD posted:

Because it tickled me so much when I heard it and I'm a dork with too much time on his hands I made an iPhone ringtone out of the UYD rendition of the Mario theme in episode 14. Enjoy, I guess?

Now do this with the This Week in Florida jingle.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

A Violence Gang posted:

No Mexican Fuckfaces? That's racist.

Almost like I was hoping that someone would say that, haha.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Some early slogans I've enjoyed:

UYD: Full pubes, no license.
UYD: Your only source in Los Angeles for country music.
UYD: Calling all moat builders.
UYD: Sexy as you wanna be (at any age)

And, probably my favorite right now just because of the background story to the slogan...

UYD: It’s what the white man calls wind

I love the fake slogans so much, and it's great seeing them still pulling out funny ones even in the latest episode. Too bad the laughing and slapping sightings end pretty soon apparently. I dunno what it is about it, perhaps just the non-sequitur nature, and casual way Seth drops those stories, but they crack me up. Also gonna miss the Florida obsession. I'm sure there will be tons of cool new stuff to look forward to anyway.

Is the only time they talk about the To Catch A Predator stuff the first dozen episodes or so? Those segments usually kill me, but I havent heard them talk about it for over a dozen episodes or so now (up to 28). Like I said, up to episode 28, and I've been pretty much officially sucked in at this point! Probably was by episode 2 honestly. A few of the pre-10 episodes are loving hilarious.

Oh man almost forgot to mention my other current favorite segment: Suri Cruise sightings!

UYD: Making me laugh to near tears by talking about Sexy Babies.

Damo fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Dec 11, 2012

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Damo posted:

Is the only time they talk about the To Catch A Predator stuff the first dozen episodes or so? Those segments usually kill me, but I havent heard them talk about it for over a dozen episodes or so now (up to 28). Like I said, up to episode 28, and I've been pretty much officially sucked in at this point! Probably was by episode 2 honestly. A few of the pre-10 episodes are loving hilarious.

TCAP comes up pretty much throughout the entire series but discussion of actual episodes happens pretty much til the actual show got canceled so somewhere in the 70-80s?

Juche Couture
Feb 3, 2007

Damo posted:

And, probably my favorite right now just because of the background story to the slogan...

I love the fake slogans so much, and it's great seeing them still pulling out funny ones even in the latest episode. Too bad the laughing and slapping sightings end pretty soon apparently. I dunno what it is about it, perhaps just the non-sequitur nature, and casual way Seth drops those stories, but they crack me up. Also gonna miss the Florida obsession. I'm sure there will be tons of cool new stuff to look forward to anyway.

Oh man almost forgot to mention my other current favorite segment: Suri Cruise sightings!

UYD: Hollywood Fruitcakes

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I feel like such an rear end in a top hat eating this apple right now

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Damo posted:

UYD: Never Dodge A Load

(the slogans are one of my favorite things too, I wish there was a way in the forums' coding that let us make rotating thread titles so this thread's title would rotate between all the slogans constantly)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

My personal favorite is UYD: Whitest Diapers in the Neighborhood

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Is anyone else having issues downloading old episodes today? I keep getting connection issues, and I want to keep listening!

Seems like their site is down too. Maybe Jah forgot to pay the bill.

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010

dvorak posted:

Is anyone else having issues downloading old episodes today? I keep getting connection issues, and I want to keep listening!

Seems like their site is down too. Maybe Jah forgot to pay the bill.
I'm having the same issue on itunes through podcasts app.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

afroserty posted:

I'm having the same issue on itunes through podcasts app.

They mentioned near the end of this last episode that the site was down and Johnathan said "Aw gently caress" so he done done it again

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

They mentioned near the end of this last episode that the site was down and Johnathan said "Aw gently caress" so he done done it again

Clearly he had to go through another "DECLINED!" situation.

CaptainCosmo
Aug 14, 2012

I boldly went there.

Cervixalot posted:

Grooveshark seems to have more obscure tunes that does Spotify, so i'm gonna get started on one. Wish me luck.

Unfortunately it is unlikely that a full list could be created. Episode 117 (one of my favourite intro tracks) features an unreleased demo by Mark Tango; one of Jah's personal friends in the biz. People on the UYD forums have tried to get their hands on it but due to recording label issues it is unlikely that it will be released anytime soon. Other favourites include of mine include 'Cornelius - Brazil' and more recently 'By Your Side' by experimental freak folk band 'Cocorosie'.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

I need this shirt (so I can rip the sleeves off it).

dvorak posted:

Clearly he had to go through another "DECLINED!" situation.

I didn't realize how much of what they said was a callback and not just their general lingo until going back and starting from Episode 1. It's always such an awesome revelation, like how the guy at a dinner party told one of them that Eddy Murphy had done fell off, and they just ran with it and use it every few episodes, even out in the 300's.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Site and podcast are still down. Its like I'm standing out here in the cold with only my chonies on.

Oh, wait, and now it's back.

UYD: Making a home-made didge from PVC pipe for practice.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 13, 2012

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Ep. 15, TCaP Recap: "You know what would be really hot right now? If you blew your cat."

Welp, I'm wicked dead, dog. I died of laughter and my family is loving devastated and I'm a ghost now. Thanks UYD.

Ahaha this is also the first time Seth mentions leaf, and how the reason he went into it at this particular juncture was to run away from a lunatic who was calling him satan

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 13, 2012

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I'd never seen TCAP before but after the UYD segments I looked up a ton of them on youtube and felt like I was probably put on some kind of government watch list. The cat episode was so unbelievable that I told someone about it irl and they were like, "why the gently caress were you watching some kind of bestiality pede show? Are you cool?"

No. No I'm not.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Helvete posted:

I'd never seen TCAP before but after the UYD segments I looked up a ton of them on youtube and felt like I was probably put on some kind of government watch list. The cat episode was so unbelievable that I told someone about it irl and they were like, "why the gently caress were you watching some kind of bestiality pede show? Are you cool?"

No. No I'm not.

I was having dinner at a Chinese restaurant a year or two ago, and both of the 40-odd inch TVs behind the bar were turned to a TCAP rerun on CNBC with the closed captioning on. I was starring at it, watching poo poo like "Blow your cat" scrolling up the screen, and none of the other diners seemed to notice. A UYD-listening friend was with me, and we were both having an intense "Are you people cool" moment as old ladies and families sat there with graphic sexual dialogue just constantly streaming across the room.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

So I followed Jonathan on Instagram, then the next day, "sethromatelli" liked one of my photos. Is that right? I thought he didn't do technology.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Spraynard Kruger posted:

So I followed Jonathan on Instagram, then the next day, "sethromatelli" liked one of my photos. Is that right? I thought he didn't do technology.

Probably just someone using his name. There's a user on the UYD forums named "Sethro Matelli" as well.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.

Spraynard Kruger posted:

You think Seth Romatelli is on instagram? Really?

hrkac
May 21, 2004
ISO Hotty Boys ;-*
instagram no, but making videos on funny or die appears to be yes: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/044048452c/lost-casting-tape?rel=player

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
Haha, oh wow. that video is amazing.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

"I don't live in the 323, I live in east LA rear end in a top hat! I can't go out at night because they'll loving cut me!"

hahahah I can't...

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

WHAT is the story behind that?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Awww. Why hasn't Seth been on cameras more? He's really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

that looked legit