Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not That Into You
Oct 29, 2007

In CouchPotato v2, where do I put my SAB password? The config UI only has space for Host/API/Category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Not That Into You posted:

In CouchPotato v2, where do I put my SAB password? The config UI only has space for Host/API/Category.

You dont.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

For the past week or so, I've been getting "Invalid par2 files, cannot verify or repair" errors on almost everything. I've been using Sickbeard, sabnzdb, nsb.su, and supernews. What is going wrong?

edit: I tried GrabIt, and while some things work, most say "Article not found."

Question Time fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 8, 2012

nivdes
Jan 3, 2008

Freedom from democracy

Brought to you by NAZCENTBOL GANG

sdfvnre posted:

For the past week or so, I've been getting "Invalid par2 files, cannot verify or repair" errors on almost everything. I've been using Sickbeard, sabnzdb, nsb.su, and supernews. What is going wrong?

They're most likely takedowns. They're a fact of life and it doesn't really matter what provider you use, they'll all respond to DMCA notices and pull the content down.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Just so no one thinks I abandoned it, I've been making tons of progress on my application to fall back to private torrent sites (well really any tracker with an RSS feed) any time a show fails downloading in sabnzbd.

Maybe I'll throw it up on github tomorrow if anyone wants to test or hack on it. It's in Python with Elixir.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

sdfvnre posted:

I've seen similar issues, mostly with things being released before the official retail release date. I have no issues with older postings, but they seem to be going after the new stuff pretty hardcore.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008
Well looks like NZBmatrix has gave up the ghost, went there this morning to find this

quote:

The End...

It is with our regret to announce that NZBMATRIX had closed.

We have had to make this decision due to a very large takedown request from a company called Wiggin LLC. These represent the following: Federation Against Copyright Theft Limited ("FACT"), Paramount Home Entertainment International Limited; Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Limited; The Walt Disney Company Limited; Twentieth Century Fox Film Company Limited; Universal Pictures (UK) Limited; Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited.

As everyone is aware we are DMCA/Takedown notice compliant, and always have been.
Once this notice is completed we are left with an impossible task of policing our indexing bots. Even then it won't stop there, there will be follow-up notices etc.

Coupled with this is problems with payment providers, we have been through pretty much everyone out there, in the end they all pull out.
There are massive server/bandwidth costs to pay, with the payments in-stability this is a very hard task.

NZBMATRIX has never been the subject of any legal issues or threats.

Also the Usenet Indexing scene is going through some changes, with content being removed from pretty much every provider its making the existence of an indexer irrelevant if the content does not even exists anymore.

So it's time for us to bow out...

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Literally between one page view and the next I got the "Going out of business" notice on NZBMatrix :(

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
Well this sucks. Does anyone know any indexers that will work with sickbeard, or any that are any good in general really?

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Not until I've had my second pot of coffee.
Nap Ghost
nzbmatrix, newzbin, and nzbsrus are all down now, all within a couple weeks.

that's literally all my search providers. Apparently nzbs.org is invite only.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Came here to post the same thing. Anyone got a good alternative?

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

EvilMuppet posted:

Well this sucks. Does anyone know any indexers that will work with sickbeard, or any that are any good in general really?
Sickbeard's own index is really good.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
But how long until that gets taken down?

Do they only care when people are trying to make money off of indexing or are they just choosing to get those down before they go for the free ones?

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.
Motherfucker. Seriously, where to now? I prepaid for a year of Usenet access and now I've got no indexer.

A few years back I used to use Grabit and browse the groups that way; is that still possible?

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Not until I've had my second pot of coffee.
Nap Ghost

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

But how long until that gets taken down?

Do they only care when people are trying to make money off of indexing or are they just choosing to get those down before they go for the free ones?

Do people submit to that one? or is it just an automated indexer?

I could, in theory, set up an automated indexer of my own, but that just seems like a whole lot of hassle.

By the way, I'd be really interested in that torrent fallback program you're working on,Thermopyle!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

modeski posted:

A few years back I used to use Grabit and browse the groups that way; is that still possible?
I use Grabit, and yeah this is still possible.

Massive Fail
Sep 1, 2007
wow at nzbmatrix, that's terrible!

now I'm lost :(

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

torjus posted:

Sickbeard's own index is really good.

Is there a way to access sickbeard's index without using sickbeard itself?

I've found that after I get beyond a certain number of shows added it just shits itself and grinds to a halt, never to download anything ever again so I've moved over to nzbdrone which seems to be a hell of a lot faster and also manages to overcome issues where "scene" naming doesn't tally with official listings.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
NZB.su or omgwtfnzbs.com

Personally, I think I'll go back to monitoring the official IRC channels and websites of the fillers and just search the post ID in binsearch or equivalent.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
With NZBMatrix gone, maybe the NZB Unity app will finally get newznab support? :v:

It's pretty unsettling to see yet another indexer fall though. Might be about time to roll one's own service soon. Anyone in this thread who's done that? I wonder how much bandwidth it'd gobble down.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
If you're using the free ones why not just add Womble Index as well as SB Index? They're both in there by default.

Aws
Dec 5, 2005
This was at the end of NZBMatrix's closure note, with brings up a question.

NZBMatrix.com posted:

Also the Usenet Indexing scene is going through some changes, with content being removed from pretty much every provider its making the existence of an indexer irrelevant if the content does not even exists anymore.

Are there any Usenet providers that are not legally required to comply with takedown requests because they're in some bizarre country in the middle of nowhere? It's irritating to want to get that new awesome Linux distribution that I've been waiting for only to have it fail even though it was uploaded two days ago. Usenet is turning into a poor place to get my Linux distributions because of this.

Aws fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 9, 2012

swagmag
Nov 28, 2012
here are some other nzb sites

couchpota.to
nzb.su
nzbs.org
sickbeard
binsearch
supersearch
nzbindex.nl
dognzb

sadly the best ones (dognzb and nzb.su) require invites or you get lucky and you catch the registration windows. anyone have an invite going? nzbindex is good if you know how to avoid the fakes and pw protected crap

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I came here to see if others saw the NZBmatrix closing notice. Of course you all did though.

We need a good index to go up again, and in a place that isn't going to get shut down so easy.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
There are a ton of great indexers, I've been collecting accounts since the original Newzbin shutdown a few years ago, I hate being reliant on a single source. Every time a new one pops just make sure you signup, I just check this thread every week or two.

Unfortunately there just aren't any with curated reports and the size of user base that nzbmatrix had. They were kind of a lovely site anyway though, the API would break every few months, the user comments were typically filled with idiots and they pulled this poo poo without warning or taking down the "donations" page in advance.

Echilon
Oct 20, 2006
Gutted to find that NZBMatrix has closed. Could anyone spare an ex-VIP an invite to dognzb, nzbs.su or any other private sites?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Echilon posted:

Gutted to find that NZBMatrix has closed. Could anyone spare an ex-VIP an invite to dognzb, nzbs.su or any other private sites?

nzb.su removed registration and ability to invite this morning, probably in response to nzbmatrix takedown.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Echilon posted:

Most of them have zeroed out user invites until the exodus of nzbmatrix users is over. I had invites on nzbs.org, nzb.su and dognzb but they were all manually wiped last night.

edit: beaten

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Wow, you guys just missed out because I registered at nzb.su very shortly after I posted in this thread. If they allow invites I wouldn't mind helping some of you out.

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
Hate to see them go but I guess that leads us to the next question - how do we decentralize this? Obviously all of these indexers were running scraping bots and sourcing their nzbs from somewhere. Given the uniformity of the software running these sites and the availability of said software - what is to stop the individual from running their own indexer only for their individual and private use?

My follow up question is, where were these site scraping from and why hasn't the original source of aggregation been targeted? Is it possible to decentralize the distribution of these source indexes say through a system like torrents?

Literacy Is Dead
Apr 3, 2007

Phonics? Overrated.
My account at nzb.su that I haven't used in awhile was made inactive for some reason. They seem to be trimming the fat.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Bobx66 posted:

Hate to see them go but I guess that leads us to the next question - how do we decentralize this? Obviously all of these indexers were running scraping bots and sourcing their nzbs from somewhere. Given the uniformity of the software running these sites and the availability of said software - what is to stop the individual from running their own indexer only for their individual and private use?

My follow up question is, where were these site scraping from and why hasn't the original source of aggregation been targeted? Is it possible to decentralize the distribution of these source indexes say through a system like torrents?

I'm assuming that it's all done over IRC.

Ragnarak
Jun 17, 2003
I know its unlikely but if anyone has an invite to dognzb can I get in the queue?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
No! Not NZBMatrix. :negative:

Oh well, at least I still have an user on NZBs. :dance:

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I luckily got into nzb.su and my invites were wiped out this morning, but when/if they start giving out invites I will happily invite anyone that wants one.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
I made a DOGnzb when it first started but I've only grabbed 2 NZBs from it before I forgot about it. How well does the NZB push thing for TV shows work? It makes Sickbeard redundant but you still got to pay for it. How does it compare to binsearch or nzbclub when searching for stuff in general?

swagmag
Nov 28, 2012
looking into nzbnab. it provides the tools to build your own indexer. my hosting setup doesnt allow for some of the requirements since I am more a frontend / actionscript developer. anyone else have experience setting up backend systems? if so, checkout nzbnab.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Bobx66 posted:

Anyone using Pneumatic for xbmc? There is a sickbeard branch that supports the requisite strm files. I've consolidated my entire tv collection into about 2 GB worth of strm files.

Pneumatic is pretty incredible and is remnicient of icefilms for those of you that remember that. Only it streams from usenet by downloading the first and the last rar and then tricking SABNZB into streaming the file. Takes about 20 seconds to queue up a smaller show or 45 for a larger show.

Is there a place to get a good how to on how one would set this up? This sounds perfect for some of the daily talk shows.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

swagmag posted:

looking into nzbnab. it provides the tools to build your own indexer. my hosting setup doesnt allow for some of the requirements since I am more a frontend / actionscript developer. anyone else have experience setting up backend systems? if so, checkout nzbnab.

You mean newznab? I'm looking into it as well.

Does anybody know how accurate it is? I thought NZBMatrix relied on volunteers to manually index everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leo_r
Oct 6, 2009
I think my nzb.su account has been deleted. I didn't really use it, but it is disappointing. Still got a (0 invite) nzbs.org account though. Hopefully it'll keep chugging along until the dust settles and there's less demand for new accounts elsewhere.

Bobx66 posted:

It is possible to run your own indexer. Newznab is just that. I believe it has the same codebase as the nzbs.org and nzb.su indexers, although I'm not sure to what extent each site has done its own modification.

These sites aren't getting their nzbs from a single source - they're creating them. Usenet is a protocol which describes a decentralised forum. The indexer sites will grab the headers for each post made (remember that a binary on usenet is nothing more than a file encoded into text and split up into lots of parts) and then parse them for relevant data. Newznab and the better indexers have more intelligent parsers than binsearch or similar.

Note that you don't need an indexer at all to download from usenet. Older clients which don't automate as much will let you grab all the headers from a particular group, and then manually select which files to download. The indexer and a good automated client like SABNzbd make it a much nicer process.