Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Stop coming into threads with your "reasonable views", Mr. Moderator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is 'Bama even the most dominant team in their conference, football wise? I know little about college football, other than where some dudes who have played or are currently playing went.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is 'Bama even the most dominant team in their conference, football wise? I know little about college football, other than where some dudes who have played or are currently playing went.

Yes. They've won 23 SEC championships and Tennessee is a distant second place with 13.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Fenrir posted:

Yes. They've won 23 SEC championships and Tennessee is a distant second place with 13.

Incidentally after checking this myself I am still baffled as to how Tulane won three SEC titles yet Vandy still has zero.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Basil Hayden posted:

Incidentally after checking this myself I am still baffled as to how Tulane won three SEC titles yet Vandy still has zero.

Pre-1950 football doesn't really count.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

swickles posted:

Pre-1950 football doesn't really count.

Well yes but Vandy doesn't have any of those either.

I guess what I am saying is I forgot Tulane had won any SEC football titles and being reminded they did made me feel sorrier for Vandy. :(

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

quote:

No way the score gets that high. Ball will be wet like a horny 16 yr. old chick. Slippery as a hell and tough to catch. Hopefully we can ground and pound it though it won't be easy against one of the top run defenses.

I predict something like 27-10 Pats

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow at least he's being realistic about it being a ground and pound game where New England dominates lol

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Wow at least he's being realistic about it being a ground and pound game where New England dominates lol

Hasn't the New England run defense been absurdly good lately?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Hasn't the New England run defense been absurdly good lately?

It started the year as excellent but ironically has reverted back to average as the pass defense has gotten better.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

To be fair, if the New England backs don't fumble like they have a couple times this season, then its not much of a reach to think that the Patriots can have a dominant running game in the rain.

Against Houston is a different story. I am not too familiar with their run defense but I assume they didn't get to 11-1 by being absolutely lovely at it.

The bigger problem is, New England typically doesn't have passing game issues even in bad weather, and if they can get Welker and tight ends running around with linebackers in coverage, Houston has big problems. They have had coverage confusions over the middle.

That said, Houston is the more complete team and should win.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Danica! posted:

That said, Houston is the more complete team and should win.

gently caress that. :colbert:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

gently caress that. :colbert:

I said should.

Should and will are two different things.

Go Pats!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Danica! posted:

I said should.

Should and will are two different things.

Go Pats!

What is that magical smiley?:allears: buy it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Chichevache posted:

What is that magical smiley?:allears: buy it.

I found it in a TFLC log.

Its full of :allears:, :swoon: and :huh:.

Someone with too much money and not enough sense should buy it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
They should name it after me.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He's pretty obviously trolling. I think.

SAR I posted:

Despite Mark Sanchez' worst game as a pro, he led us on a TD drive and gave his defense a 3 point lead in the 3rd quarter.

The defense, predictably, allowed Jake Nobody to march straight down the field and score the winning TD.

The defense, predictably, allowed a 94 yard TD drive on a single play the quarter before.

If the defense played to their capability, we win this thing very ugly, 10-0.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
All we need is a shutout

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ozu posted:

He's pretty obviously trolling. I think.

Ironically this was the very basis of Denver's success with Tebow. Their defense was so good as to keep the game low scoring and always within a touchdown in the 4th quarter so Tebow could make a single drive and earn all the credit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

Ironically this was the very basis of Denver's success with Tebow. Their defense was so good as to keep the game low scoring and always within a touchdown in the 4th quarter so Tebow could make a single drive and earn all the credit.

The main difference was that the Tebow offense rarely turned the ball over and killed the clock like crazy. It was perfect for any team relying on its defense.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

had this sent to me earlier today and had to share:

quote:

Look, let's face it; Tannenbaum was taking a chance against overwhelming statistics when he drafted Sanchez. There needs to be a basic threshold for skill set balance to play quarterback in the NFL. It took blacks decades before finally adjusting their innate abilities to the style of the NFL. I'm afraid Hispanics, namely Sanchez, lack the cognitive ability to play quarterback, and do not possess the athletic ability to compensate for the deficiency. Evolution takes time, and the Hispanic man is simply not ready to play the quarterback position.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So I read the first line and I'm starting to nod my head going, okay we're gonna get the FO games startd / completion percentage argument about a college player.

Instead, holy poo poo.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

Kalli posted:

So I read the first line and I'm starting to nod my head going, okay we're gonna get the FO games startd / completion percentage argument about a college player.

Instead, holy poo poo.

That was the best possible outcome and you know it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kalli posted:

Instead, holy poo poo.

Me too.

Now I feel like I've been tricked into agreeing with this man on some level and need to take a nice, long, Brillo pad shower.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Menamino posted:

had this sent to me earlier today and had to share:

Leaving aside the obvious, I'm not sure this person understands how evolution works.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Serisothikos posted:

Leaving aside the obvious, I'm not sure this person understands how evolution works.

Quick someone trade Sanchez!

Or give him a Rare Candy.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MonsterWalk posted:

Quick someone trade Sanchez!

Or give him a Rare Candy.

That's not how evolution works you fool! Rare candies raise your level. However they do not turn your charmander into a charizard. No, if Sanchez ever wants to reach the level of white he must practice and gain experience to evolve. There are no short cuts for racial advancement.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Part of it seems to be also that Sanchez is being pampered like a black quarterback. That's never been an issue with Tony Romo, who is part hispanic but looks white bread, and never factored into the usage of more "exotic" looking QBs like Jim Plunkett and Tom Flores. But Sanchez is seen by some as the Great Hispanic Hope, which doesn't seem to be anything Sanchez has embraced himself but which factors into the strange stubborness not to bench him even temporarily for Tebow or anyone else.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

That's not how evolution works you fool! Rare candies raise your level. However they do not turn your charmander into a charizard. No, if Sanchez ever wants to reach the level of white he must practice and gain experience to evolve. There are no short cuts for racial advancement.

It will turn your charmander into a charmeleon if used at or after level 15 though.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

AKMoose posted:

Part of it seems to be also that Sanchez is being pampered like a black quarterback. That's never been an issue with Tony Romo, who is part hispanic but looks white bread, and never factored into the usage of more "exotic" looking QBs like Jim Plunkett and Tom Flores. But Sanchez is seen by some as the Great Hispanic Hope, which doesn't seem to be anything Sanchez has embraced himself but which factors into the strange stubborness not to bench him even temporarily for Tebow or anyone else.

Wow. Is this from Caste?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

MonsterWalk posted:

Wow. Is this from Caste?

Peter King.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

It will turn your charmander into a charmeleon if used at or after level 15 though.

Sanchez is still an egg and you can't use candy on eggs. :colbert:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Look at this goddamn idiot.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/12/man_who_threatened_mark_sanche.html

Brave Grancru posted:

"DON'T COME TO PRACTICE WEDNESDAY I PROMISE YOU BULLETTS EVERYWHERE...@Mark_Sanchez" he posted at 12:06 a.m.

A few minutes later, he added:

"SANCHEZ BETTER HAVE ARMED SECURITY AT PRACTICE !! YOU THINK IMMA SIT HERE & WATCH THIS BULLS--- ??"

He also Tweeted a photo of himself wearing a Jets cap, and captioned the photo by saying "TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT YOUR KILLER !! WEDNESDAY NIGHT NIGHT..."

He also Tweeted at Fox News, asking for air time to "voice my future killing."

Brave Grancru posted:

"People get threatened every day on Twitter," Grancru said. "Because it's Mark Sanchez it doesn't make it (any different). If I'm in trouble, everyone should be in trouble, you understand what I'm saying? I apologize, it was wrong my remarks, but they're just Tweets.

"It's not like I'm in a stadium shouting in his face, I'm not going to his house or going to practice. It's just a Tweet. It's my account and I Tweeted something."

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I've never been rooting harder for Mark Sanchez than I am now after seeing the vitriol and stupidity it inspires

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
YO DAY JUST WORDS KNOWWHATIMEAN

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Chichevache posted:

I think you have to use a stone to get Hispanics to evolve. The Jets may be trying in vain to level Sanchez up before they force evolution to maximize his stats, but it's clearly not working.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
That is not even how it works. Don't make MV probate me for Pokémon chat.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Ah yes, the overwhelming favoritism Hispanics receive in America. :argh:

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Arschlochkind posted:

I think you have to use a stone to get Hispanics to evolve. The Jets may be trying in vain to level Sanchez up before they force evolution to maximize his stats, but it's clearly not working.

What's this? Your MARKSANCHEZ is evolving!

Congratulations! Your MARKSANCHEZ evolved into ALEXSMITH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Ah yes, the overwhelming favoritism Hispanics receive in America. :argh:

What if Tebow and Sanchez had an anchor baby?

• Locked thread