Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

shoopeach posted:

ya I feel that a reg e30 should be worth around 1-2k, yet they're always at least double that. Anything in the 1-2k range is an eta that hasn't had its oil changed in years.

You can't even get a Mustang II for under $2k anymore, the heyday of cheap used cars has come and gone.

Seriously, it's hard to find a g-body for a good price. That's unbelievable, who the hell wants an 80's Regal that isn't a GN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
We don't have CL here, but we do have Gumtree.

I found this ad. I don't know what the deal is. It seems like some farmer was the ultimate hoarder.
Anyway if there are any Goons that live out near Ballarat could you please, please, please go have a look?
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ballarat-central/cars-vans-utes/a-collection-of-cars-boats-trucks-and-caravans-for-sale/1009039629

quote:

Hi Farm clearance sale of car collection individually or a collection.
Over 100 cars for sale, many different makes and models.
Some early and some late models, some good condtion and some good for parts or restoration such as Holdens, Fords, Volkeswagons, Volvos, Mercs, BMWs,
Toyotas, Datsun/Nissans, Mazdas, Bedfords, Landrovers, Ladas, Pergos and some vans.

There are some boats including yachts and trucks for sale namely 1 Bedord TK, 1 Acco 510A, 1 International Butterbox Prime Mover and 1 Bedford water truck.

Also some caravans and some small trailers.

Call or txt on mobile, no emails please.

OPEN TO OFFERS ON EVERYTHING OR INDIVIDUAL ITEMS.

Then there's it's Avoca friend. Still not 100% sure it's not related.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/avoca/cars-vans-utes/1975-other-other/1010302784

Seriously if anyone's local. Please go have a look. Looks like things are priced to sell and it might almost be worth trailer rental and the horrible long haul.
I won't lie. I have my eye on that red Niva.

e: Oh poo poo! I see a Falcon pano, a ZL-ish Fairlane and a Land Rover in fairly good condition too.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Lightbulb Out posted:

Now regular E30s just need to appreciate...

Come up north. The 4k rustfree, 100k mile 5spd e30 I bought in 2008 would easily get 6k up here.

Although sometimes there are gems. I test drove a turbo M10 e30 that put down 235whp at 13psi. I waited a couple days to decide and it sold out from under me for 4k :negative:

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I just bought a clean 89 delphin 5 speed coupe for $4400 :(

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Moxie Omen posted:

I just bought a clean 89 delphin 5 speed coupe for $4400 :(

There's nothing to sad face about. Post pictures!

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Lightbulb Out posted:

There's nothing to sad face about.

Unless the paint is code 184.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

Sir Cornelius posted:

What's wrong with 184? Too common?

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Sir Cornelius posted:

Sorry dude.

Body and interior is pretty clean (uncracked dash!) but I got a multitude of stupid things to fix on it. It's got a vacuum leak and a miss on initial throttle in, guy put a Z3 shifter in but somehow janked up the linkage so it's offset weird, it needs the SI board batteries replaced cause the gauge cluster is all fritzed out. I'm going to deal with that stuff and turn around and sell the wheels + tires and put my Ronal LS's on it.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
loving e30s, so jealous.

I'm gonna guess he put the shifter linkage in backwards (is it sitting far forward?), or he flipped the offset connector at the transmission.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

televiper posted:

What's wrong with 184? Too common?

The paint formula or "system" was below expectations. I don't know exactly why or what went wrong, but they rust like poo poo.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Sir Cornelius posted:

The paint formula or "system" was below expectations. I don't know exactly why or what went wrong, but they rust like poo poo.

Weird. Now I'm gonna be all neurotic since I can't find any rust on mine.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
When I put in the Z3 lever on my E30, I had to add a slight bend in the selector lever just slightly to get it to clear, so maybe they hosed it up. That looks like a nice clean E30, Moxie!

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Lightbulb Out posted:

When I put in the Z3 lever on my E30, I had to add a slight bend in the selector lever just slightly to get it to clear, so maybe they hosed it up. That looks like a nice clean E30, Moxie!

Thanks! I paid too much for it IMO but I always wanted a really clean plastic bumper coupe in a decent color and it's a good starting point. Local kid was selling it and I had the $$ so why not.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
As long as there's no rust and its clean, which it looks to be, you can't really go wrong.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
I posted a few testarossa's in here earlier. The cheapest was like $50k.

But now, for the low low price of $36,000 you too can be an 80s rock star:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3468742254.html

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Hog Obituary posted:

So is it a kit car or what? The Tiburon / Belvedere thing has me confused.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

General_Failure posted:

So is it a kit car or what? The Tiburon / Belvedere thing has me confused.

Those are places.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Hog Obituary posted:

Those are places.

Hyundai Tiburon and Plymouth Belvedere. You can understand my confusion. Thanks for the clarification.

e: on second thought although I had no idea those were places, a kit car made from a Tiburon and a Belvedere would be an unholy abortion of a thing.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I am absolutely kicking myself for not seeing this earlier:

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1996-Volvo-850-R-Wagon-forsale-or-trade-W0QQAdIdZ438623739

quote:

Time to let this go. A lot of you know the car, but its a 1996 Volvo 850R wagon. Standard shift, 5 cylinder turbo. Car has a complete 3 inch OBX stainless turbo back exhaust. An aftermarket front mount intercooler. A three inch throttle body from a N/A Volvo 850. The factory turbo control valve was replaced with a manual boost controller. SNABB 3 inch intake kit, a heavy duty IPD compressor by-pass valve. IPD front and rear sway bars and upper strut bar. IPD braided stainless brake flex lines. Lowered on FK springs and fk rear struts. Car is chipped with an ARD greed tune and is running 18 psi. This car works very well. Very well mannered, yet pulls very hard when you want it too.

Car has ALWAYS been serviced religiously. Nothing has ever been let go. The timing belt was done around 307XXXkm. Car currently has just under 339XXXkm. Compression test was done a few months ago and still all perfectly within Volvo spec. Car doesn't burn any oil. This has been my daily driver since last springs and has never let me down once. There is no reason why you couldn't get in right now and drive it across the country today. Reliable as dirt.

Mvi is good until February 2014
Comes on the white 17" Pegs and a set of 15" steel wheels with 850 turbo hubcap and new winter tires last season.

The bad:
One crack in the windshield.
Should have two new front struts put on sometime down the road.

Ive replaced MANY wear items, bushings including the rear pigs knuckles, complete PCV system and lots more. New oem starter, control arms, tie rod ends etc...

Car drives great, no issues, its ready to go.

Also have a second stainless 3 inch downpipe for a newer style volvo turbo thats direct bolt on. Will sell separately.

Engine bay pictures are before the stainless intake, and the BOV has been removed.

Would trade for a vw tdi, gti, jetta, e30 or other bmw. Or cash!

Apparently someone already offered a trade for it and he's probably gonna take it.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 10, 2012

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd kick you too, that's gorgeous.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3424160118.html

This car is all sorts of :psyduck:

Stardotstar
Jun 2, 2012

Wierd. I just saw this on my local craigslist:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3465025210.html

I love the dude's enthusiasm for his awful kit car. I suppose underneath it must be a bug.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
Haha engine is an air cooled four speed JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

tbb9 posted:

Haha engine is an air cooled four speed JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL

the 917 had an air-cooled 12 that was designed to mount a 4- or 5-speed. His car is a 'replica' only in the loosest sense, but that part isn't wrong.

E: or is that the joke? That his choice of wording is technically accurate, but almost certainly isn't the same engine? Sometimes I'm bad at this :(

televiper fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 11, 2012

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011

televiper posted:

the 917 had an air-cooled 12 that was designed to mount a 4- or 5-speed. His car is a 'replica' only in the loosest sense, but that part isn't wrong.

E: or is that the joke? That his choice of wording is technically accurate, but almost certainly isn't the same engine? Sometimes I'm bad at this :(

that was the joke, the original didn't come with a 50hp beetle engine

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

tbb9 posted:

that was the joke, the original didn't come with a 50hp beetle engine

Of course it didn't. It came with three of them bolted together.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3431174012.html

I hope you like wood in your dash.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

I'm not real sure about the price (simply due to how much work needs to be done) but that car is classy as gently caress. Tell me you wouldn't feel baller riding that thing around town.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I would actually have to hire a chauffeur for that. Bonus points if he will wear a monkey suit and smoke a cigar while doing so. :wotwot:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I would actually have to hire a chauffeur for that. Bonus points if he will wear a monkey suit and smoke a cigar while doing so. :wotwot:

Just pay a hobo in food to do it.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Hog Obituary posted:

Hey, just in time for the $20,000 65K mile service!

[Still...so tempting...]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tai-Pan posted:

Hey, just in time for the $20,000 65K mile service!

[Still...so tempting...]

But it's not red. How could you own a Testarossa that isn't red? White, maybe, but silver?

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

But it's not red. How could you own a Testarossa that isn't red? White, maybe, but silver?

That's a solvable problem.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Faerunner posted:

That's a solvable problem.

Key lime green?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm pretty sure if you can drop the cash on a Testarossa and afford to maintain it, you can afford to have it repainted red.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Sir Tonk posted:

Black.
My childhood dream car was 1985 Testarossa with a white leather interior.
Also known as the coke-dealer special.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

Tai-Pan posted:

Black.
My childhood dream car was 1985 Testarossa with a white leather interior.
Also known as the coke-dealer special.

For another $20k you can have BLACK!
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3471447760.html

(yes, it appears to still be for sale... I think it's been a while)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
The price isn't amazing, to be honest, but what the car is is still jaw-dropping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-RUF-Porsche-BTR-III-Motronic-Turbo-/130815877376

FFS, the owner is ballsy enough to drive it around in snow:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Interesting swap here http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/3442292062.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

A decade old with 217K for only $7k? Where the gently caress do I sign up?

http://ithaca.craigslist.org/cto/3427992692.html

I love when sellers say poo poo like this:

CRAIGSLIST! posted:

If you know anything about diesels, it is not unusual for them to run 500k miles