Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Whatever you think of her in the story mode. Play Shadow Labrys. Best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I know the title is pretty clear that this is about Persona 4, but is there a chance of character DLC with more Persona 3 characters? Technically the two games are in the same universe, so it's not like it isn't doable.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
At this point I highly doubt they are doing DLC for this game. I'd love to see a Super Persona 4 Arena or something, though, and yeah I bet they'd fill out the p3 cast more if they did that.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"

I said come in! posted:

I know the title is pretty clear that this is about Persona 4, but is there a chance of character DLC with more Persona 3 characters? Technically the two games are in the same universe, so it's not like it isn't doable.
I recall reading an article somewhere saying that Arc Systems worked really hard on balancing the roster, and they don't think they'll be able to keep it balanced with the addition of a new character, or something of that nature. Either way, that would be cool, and it would be even cooler if they added a character or two from P1 and/or P2.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Mumblyfish posted:

I picked this up a couple of days ago - it's actually the first fighting game I've ever owned. Baby's first fighting game! I've been told that I could have picked something more beginner-friendly, but I'm a sucker for Persona 4.

I've played a few dozen rounds online and been beaten into the dirt so badly that I can't even see what I'm doing wrong. I guess the game is old enough now that there won't be any other rank beginners to go up against.

Is there some kind of basic competency I should aim for in the single-player content before braving online? Right now I'm learning nothing from having my poo poo pushed in.

Oh, and Original Character Do Not Steal is the worst. Holy Hell. You're god damned right I get a trophy for sitting through Labrys's story. The story mode endings that I've seen so far hint that we'll see a continuation of P4A's story in the future, but I sure loving hope not. I did like Chie and Kanji's Goofus paths, which owned and were exactly what I wanted out of a Persona spin-off.

...Man, dreams are amazing.

I'M GONNA SMACK YOU

Granted I haven't played story much so all I know about her is she's a robot with a funny accent which is enough to win me over.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I really like the size of the cast so I wouldn't really be torn up about them just rebalancing a bit instead of adding more characters. Though I guess it probably doesn't help that I've never played a Persona game so I don't really care about the characters beyond what they do in P4A.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Snix posted:

I recall reading an article somewhere saying that Arc Systems worked really hard on balancing the roster, and they don't think they'll be able to keep it balanced with the addition of a new character, or something of that nature. Either way, that would be cool, and it would be even cooler if they added a character or two from P1 and/or P2.

I think it sold too well to just drop completely. Like, didn't it outsell basically every modern fighting game except SF4 and stuff like Dissidia? There will probably be a fighting game sequel for it eventually.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"

Troffen posted:

I'M GONNA SMACK YOU

Granted I haven't played story much so all I know about her is she's a robot with a funny accent which is enough to win me over.
I don't mind Labrys too much, but she comes out as really Mary-Sue-y, with her accent, being Aigis' sister, and her special ability.

Speaking of that special ability, it always felt kind of forced and on the spot, since it never comes up in the gameplay, and is literally just used as a plot-point that I don't recall coming up much. Well, aside for any time two characters were about to fight.

At least Labrys is better implemented in P4A than Marie in P4G, I feel.

Ryanbomber posted:

I think it sold too well to just drop completely. Like, didn't it outsell basically every modern fighting game except SF4 and stuff like Dissidia? There will probably be a fighting game sequel for it eventually.
I know it sold well in Japan, but I don't know how well that actually is compared to other fighters, and I have no idea how well it sold in the US. By a business stand-point, yeah, it would make sense if they released DLC. If anything, though, I'm kinda ready to move onto P5, and while it would be cool to get character DLC, it won't hurt my feelings if we don't.

Snix fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 9, 2012

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Snix posted:

They didn't work as hard as they think so that's a poor excuse :v:

That said the bad matchups for certain characters are insurmountable, isn't that right kanji players?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

They didn't work as hard as they think so that's a poor excuse :v:

That said the bad matchups for certain characters are insurmountable, isn't that right kanji players?

Kanji has a few really bad matchups but this game is still more balanced than 90% of fighting games. Kanji is the worst character, but he stands such a better chance than, say, UMvC3 Hsien Ko or AE T. Hawk.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Ryanbomber posted:

Like, didn't it outsell basically every modern fighting game except SF4 and stuff like Dissidia?

Not in Europe it didn't, because it still hasn't been released. We don't even have a release date.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
The only character I think is "unbalanced" is Mitsuru and that's probably just because I play Liz.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Yea it really sucks to lose to stand A for free unless you R-Action or block as Liz.

Anyway I wouldn't expect DLC for this one. If you liked it enough you'll probably have to buy a new version entirely.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Snix posted:

I don't mind Labrys too much, but she comes out as really Mary-Sue-y, with her accent, being Aigis' sister, and her special ability.
Uhh, wait, since when did an accent qualify you for mary-sueness? If it was some sort of 'cool' German accent or something that'd be one thing but she sounds like she should be arguing with me about the Red Sox. Her accent is goofy as hell.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So I just started played about 30 minutes ago, and this is totally different from what i'm use to with fighting games, which I really like. This is a pretty unique game to me. Just taking me some time to wrap my head around.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 9, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

This is like the one fighting game I will ever say this for but I actually really like the story, and when I finish Persona 4 golden I'm gonna try to 100% it. It is basically a shitload of text though

Jmcrofts posted:

Kanji has a few really bad matchups but this game is still more balanced than 90% of fighting games. Kanji is the worst character, but he stands such a better chance than, say, UMvC3 Hsien Ko or AE T. Hawk.

Going from GG:AC Potemkin to Tager and Kanji is a kick in the nuts. Like, Tager (1st one) and Kanji both have matchups where you have to hope your opponent is bad.

That said I never got too into this game because the players around me never picked it up which is a shame.

Mumblyfish
Jul 22, 2007
Senselessly gorgeous.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

This is like the one fighting game I will ever say this for but I actually really like the story, and when I finish Persona 4 golden I'm gonna try to 100% it. It is basically a shitload of text though
I really want to like P4A's single player content, but the game sure does make it hard at times. No kidding about the shitload of text - the inner monologues are astoundingly long and completely unnecessary. Given that cutscenes are largely presented as talking heads I can understand some need for narration, sparingly, but holy gently caress do they go on and on...

I think I'm just gonna take Chie and Kanji's B-side stories running concurrently as Personal Canon and call the rest of it a loss.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

I said come in! posted:

Noticed this is $40 now on Xbox Live, so impulse bought it. I need a new fighting game anyways.

Hey someone else with it on Xbox! My tag is Ol Crunchy if you wanna play later.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Awesome! I'll let you beat me up. :)

I noticed you play a couple fighting games that I am looking to pick up. All of my fighting games have typically been on the PS3, but I am moving and leaving the PS3 behind at my parents place for now, and need some fighting games on the 360. I picked up P4A last night because its a game I haven't played yet, but I also ordered a new copy of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition because I can't live without that one. Will also try to get Dead or Alive 5.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 9, 2012

Mumblyfish
Jul 22, 2007
Senselessly gorgeous.
50 online matches played, and still Grade F-. That must be an absolute record for sheer suck. Yeesh! Question: Is there some trick to doing quarter-circle inputs online? I can manage them offline like... 90% of the time. Maybe half the time if it's double quarter-circle. Online, though? Basically never. I've had a couple of flukes, but nothing reliable.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mumblyfish posted:

50 online matches played, and still Grade F-. That must be an absolute record for sheer suck. Yeesh! Question: Is there some trick to doing quarter-circle inputs online? I can manage them offline like... 90% of the time. Maybe half the time if it's double quarter-circle. Online, though? Basically never. I've had a couple of flukes, but nothing reliable.

There's a good chance you're just panicking. It's easy to do poo poo in training mode, but when you actually get thrown into a match you need to focus on so much poo poo that it's easy to let your execution slide. Just keep doing stuff until that 90% becomes a 99%, and keep playing matches. If I had to offer any more concrete advice it'd be to focus on your execution during matches and less about actually winning, but just drilling motions for a while isn't a bad idea.

Mumblyfish
Jul 22, 2007
Senselessly gorgeous.

Countblanc posted:

If I had to offer any more concrete advice it'd be to focus on your execution during matches and less about actually winning, but just drilling motions for a while isn't a bad idea.
That's actually pretty good advice. It's not like I've got a win record to worry about, or anything! I'll just make a point of blocking and making sure the move I want to use comes out more often than not.

Which is kind of counter to what the offline mode is telling me to do. Challenge mode is basically DO IT FASTER! - The Game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The only offline mode worth a drat is Training Mode (and maybe whatever the one is that teaches you some basic combos), to be honest. Fighting Game AI reads your inputs and reacts in really unnatural ways most of the time, so it really isn't worth much beyond getting used to hit confirming random hits into full combos, and you can practice those better in real matches if you don't mind losing a lot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Countblanc posted:

Fighting Game AI reads your inputs and reacts in really unnatural ways most of the time

This is crazy noticeable in this game especially.

Doyagao
Nov 9, 2011

Mumblyfish posted:

I picked this up a couple of days ago - it's actually the first fighting game I've ever owned. Baby's first fighting game! I've been told that I could have picked something more beginner-friendly, but I'm a sucker for Persona 4.

I've played a few dozen rounds online and been beaten into the dirt so badly that I can't even see what I'm doing wrong. I guess the game is old enough now that there won't be any other rank beginners to go up against.

Is there some kind of basic competency I should aim for in the single-player content before braving online? Right now I'm learning nothing from having my poo poo pushed in..

More beginner friendly than Persona 4 Arena? This is the most beginner friendly fighter ever released.

For basic competency, pick a character and go to training mode. For instance I think Yousuke is a good character for a beginner (most of them are)
The first thing to do is to get familiar with the basic system in the game.
Do the following reps:
Perform dash 50 times
Perform backdash 50 times
perform double jump 50 times
perform superjump 50 times
perform airdash 100 times
perform air backdash 100 times

Jump around and grind all that into your muscle memory so that you're comfortable doing stuff like forward superjump into airdash or airbackdash. You should spend at least 30min up until this phase.

Next do the following reps. Make sure you try them at different ranges, the point is to get familiar with pushing the button, having an idea of the speed and the range.
5A 25 times.
2A 25 times.
5B 25 times.
2B 25 times.
5C 25 times.
2C 25 times.

Then it's time to put the first two exercises together. Do the following reps:
microdash 5a 500 times. Yes, 500 times. Microdash 5a comes out as fast as standing 5a in this game, but it has better range and momentum.
Instant air dash into j.B 100 times
superjump air backdash j.C 100 times
Microdash 2C (important one) 100 times
Superjump instant j.A (anti-air) 100 times

Use another 15min for doing dash into normal move with the other moves as well.

Next up is special moves and supers.
Do the following specials:
236C or D 50 times
236A into
~236D 50 times
~236A~A 214A~A 236D 50 times. You can do the timing on this input the lazy way, mash A button and just time the 236's and 214's.

Keep doing them afterwards until you can do them 15 times in a row without a single input mistake.

Then do 236236C or D (doesn't matter, they're the same move) 50 times. Note: You can speed up this a lot by hitting select quickly after each successful input.

After finishing the super reps, do 236236C again until you get it right 15 times in a row without dropping the input.

Next up is the system specific moves.
Quick escape (A+C) 50 times
Sweep (2A+B) 50 times
r-action (B+D) 50 times
throw (C+D) 50 times
Dash throw 50 times
Bokosuka/all out attack (A+B) into C finisher until you get fatal counter 20 times in a row without a fail
Bokosuka into D finisher until you get a fatal counter 20 times in a row without a fail. Learn the rhythm how you need to mash the A and B buttons to get the maximum amount of hits.

If you havent slacked on any of the reps, by now your fingers should be adjusted to inputting and you should be pretty familiar with your moveset. It's time to practice chaining the moves into combos. You'll need to learn a couple of basic strings and combos that should be enough to beat other beginners, and give a fair match against slightly more experienced players.

Dash 5A 5B 5C 2C 236A 236D (236236D)- Very basic combo, doesn't deal a lot of damage but you'll be using this whenever you fail to hitconfirm 5A into 5C for a better combo.
More damaging variant: dash 5A 5C 2C 236B 236A 214A 236D (236236D) Easy to hitconfirm from 5A counterhits. Do a dash 5A, and if it counterhits, push 5C 2C~ on reaction. On block it's better to go for 5B. You can also do 5B counterhit -> dash 5A 5C 2C~~

These are your main combos for now, until you get used to inputting them. Grind them until you no longer drop them at all. This might take a while if you're completely new to fighting games, but it's necessary for basic compentancy. You should hit both of these combos at least 200 times, until they're completely in your muscle memory. You also need to practice them as often as possible so that they'll stay in your long term muscle memory. After you're comfortable with these two combos, it's time to learn some other basic combos you'll need to learn.

The first one is an aircombo, that can be comboed into from any anti-air hit or air to air hit.
5A or 5AA or 5B or 2B starter into j.BB j.2B doublejump j.BBj.2B j.236D
aerial counterhit from j.B, antiair 5A etc lead into this combo very often. Practice until you have it down well.

The next two combos you should learn are yousuke's A+B combos. Yousuke A+B is a pretty good tool, you should use it maybe 1-3 times a round on average.
Midscreen: A+B FC C-ender jump j.bbbb j.2b dj j.b j.2b j.236D
Corner: A+B FC D-ender 2B 2C 5C j.BB j.2B j.BB j.2B j.236D This is a fairly easy one that does a little over 3000 damage, but it's good enough for now. Later on you can practice a 4600damage one if you really get into combo practicing.

After you've got the bokosuka combos down, it's time to learn the last basic combo. It's very important to learn this one well, because it does nearly 3 times more than your average combo does. It deals 55~75% of the opponent's HP in damage.
You'll be able to land it whenever you manage to bait r-action from the opponent.
2C fatal counter 236B j.2C 2A 2B 2C j.BB j.2B dj j.BB j.2B [j.236~A]x2 j.236D j.236236D. This is the easiest variation of yousuke's 2C FC combo. Learn it!

After you're comfortable with all the basic combos, you'll need tools to land them. Here are some basic tips for your game plan.
Do dash 5a a lot, confirm it into combo if the opponent doesnt block. On block, 5A into 5AA or 5B -> backdash -> dash 5A is a decent string. Just don't overuse it, sometimes just observing after backdash is better. Mix in some 2A and A+B for high+low mixup. Do some 5a delay 5C delay 2C strings, and switch the delay 5C and delay 2C into occasional dash 2A, A+B, throw or 236C/D for mixups.
Be very patient and don't overdo the rush downs, as yousuke's basic combos and health are pretty low. Bait out r-actions a lot and punish with 2C fatal counter combos. If the opponent doesn't use r-action much, go for high/low mixups and throws. If they mash pokes, you'll land fatal counters with delayed 2C's into your strings.

For closing in, yousuke has a lot of options. Apart from the usual dash 5A we love so much, IAD j.BB is also a very nice tool. If you want to approach from a little steeper angle, j.C is great.

If you don't understand some of the notations or have any further questions, feel free to ask. I know quite a lot about this game.

Mumblyfish
Jul 22, 2007
Senselessly gorgeous.

Doyagao posted:

Fuckin' tonnes of great stuff!
Thanks, man. That's all really useful. It'll take me a while to get through all of that, but it's good to know that I can turn to this thread when I'm struggling.

I had picked Chie as my fighter of choice. She seemed to be very newbie-friendly with her reasonably slow attacks, shallow command list and pretty great 2A. I will give Yosuke a spin, though - he's an absolute pain in the rear end to fight. He and Elizabeth are the two characters I can not even dent in online matches.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Mumblyfish posted:

Well now you know that who ever told you that is a dirty liar and you can therefore not believe anything they say henceforth.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
P4A seems really complicated because it has the Arcsys touch of having a million little systems in the game, but actually playing it is pretty simple compared to tons of other games. P4A is a fine choice for learning, and it's all really pretty so that helps.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been playing this online and not completely getting my rear end handed to me, so that alone is a testament to how newbie friendly it is. I am pretty bad at learning fighting games. I'm still not winning, but it's not crushing defeats. I've only had one of those so far.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Countblanc posted:

P4A seems really complicated because it has the Arcsys touch of having a million little systems in the game, but actually playing it is pretty simple compared to tons of other games. P4A is a fine choice for learning, and it's all really pretty so that helps.

My first reaction to P4A was :stonk::

Doyagao
Nov 9, 2011

Mumblyfish posted:

Thanks, man. That's all really useful. It'll take me a while to get through all of that, but it's good to know that I can turn to this thread when I'm struggling.

I had picked Chie as my fighter of choice. She seemed to be very newbie-friendly with her reasonably slow attacks, shallow command list and pretty great 2A. I will give Yosuke a spin, though - he's an absolute pain in the rear end to fight. He and Elizabeth are the two characters I can not even dent in online matches.

Oh, chie, ok, here goes. Most of the basics are the same as for yousuke.

Double the amount of dash 5a, and make sure it combos. Do it for dash 2a as well. Those are her main tools when pressuring. Dash 2a vs a+b for simple midscreen mixup.
As for combos, she's got combos leading into a knockdown, and combos that are meant to kill. Always go for a knockdown unless you can use that meter to kill. It takes a while to learn when you have the potential to go for a kill combo, but luckily you're not directly losing anything when miscalculating the remaining HP of the opponent.

Knockdown pre-combos:
midscreen:
2a 5aa 5b 2b 2a+b -> 5dd okizeme
5B ch 2D dash 5b 5c j.c dj j.bb j8d a+b -> 5dd

corner:
2a 5b 5c 2b 2c 5b 2a+b -> 5dd
5b 236a 236a 5b 5c a+b -> 5dd

kill combos:
standing: 5b 2b 5c 236a 236b 5b 5c 236b 236a 214c 236236d
crouching: 5b 2b 236a 236b 5c 236b 236b 5c 236b 236a 214c 236236d
midscreen: 5b 2b 5c 236a 236a+b 236d OMB(a+c+d) 5c 236b 236b 214c 236236d

5b ch 2D dash 5b 5c j.c dj j.bb j8d 236b 236b 214c 236236d

bokosuka combos:
midscreen A+B c finish FC -> j.bbc j.bbc j.236d
corner A+B d finish FC -> 5b 5c 2d j.d a+b -> 5dd for knockdown
corner A+B d finish FC -> 5b 5c 2d j.d 236b 236b 214d 236236d for damage

air throw or ground throw counterhit or ground throw one more cancel:
dash 2a 5c 236b 236b 214c 236236d

corner r-action:
r-action 5b j.c j8d 236b 236b 214d 236236d

Whenever you're about to finish the opponent, but you have no meter for 236236d, do 236b 236b 236d or 236a 236a 236c

After finishing a combo and summoning 5DD, jump backwards and forward dash. If you press A+C in the air before inputting the dash, and delay the airdash enough, you can cross up the opponent and hit them from behind with j.B or j.A.
The typical mixup after 5DD j7 airdash is j.bb or empty jump into 2a. If you get blocked, go for 2a / a+b mixup, or 5a backdash bait r-action.

These are the basics for chie. It'll take a while to grind all that down, but she's a very good character once you have these down. To get even further there's a lot of little gimmicks that are almost impossible to block, such as (blockstring) 5a 5b 5c instant airdash j.c from behind, one-more-burst from the front. It'll hit from behind and only a few frames later from front again. I've played this game a lot in Japan, and I don't think anyone has ever managed to block that one. It uses OMB though so use it sparingly. It's a very high level technique so I'm not bothering with listing the follow up combo, just giving an idea what Chie is capable of.

Anyway, most of the above listed combos are a notch harder than the Yousuke combos I listed in the previous post. They're not impossible, just take a little time to get used to, and her combos are a little more situational.

A very important point when playing chie is that you should try to avoid using B and C moves that much when the opponent is blocking. Stick to your dash-A moves, they're better. You can always backdash from them to avoid r-actions, and then dash in again to punish with the 5B ch combo.

As for the 236a 236a 214c 236236d finisher, you can buffer the inputs during the previous special, so you should input 214c around during the middle of the second 236a, and 236236d at the end of the second 236a.

She also needs some matchup specific information. Against Kanji, you need to learn to react to whiffed r-action and throws to punish them. Leaving them unpunished makes the matchup pretty much half impossible to win. Against mitsuru, you need to use dash 2a and even dash 2a+b to go under her 5a and droit. To punish her r-action, you must do a very quick dash 5b to get an aerial counterhit and then finish up with 5c jc jbb j8d into a+b or 236b 236b 236236d.
Against zoners such as elizabeth and yukiko, meteors are awesome. Don't be afraid to use them. Against sanada and narukami, don't bother. They have very good tools to deal with meteors, you'll only get hurt. Better to use meter for one more cancels, godfists and 236236a charge.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I will never understand fighters :psyduck: This seems so amazingly complicated and tough to pull off within a split second.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It looks dumb when you put it down like that but even the longest of those is just like ten moves in a row.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Nine moves too many.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Gutcruncher posted:

Hey someone else with it on Xbox! My tag is Ol Crunchy if you wanna play later.

Hey, more Xbox players! GT is PunkBoy412. Considering how small the playerbase on Live is, I'm sure we'll all run into each other eventually in ranked matches, haha.

Doyagao
Nov 9, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I will never understand fighters :psyduck: This seems so amazingly complicated and tough to pull off within a split second.

It's actually very simple and systematic, and execution comes with long hours of practice. No one is good at this stuff without a lot of time and effort put in both practice and actual matches.

Although while i say "lots of hours" etc, I think timewise fighting games are a lot faster to learn than something like League of Legends or Dota. When you play those games, one match typically takes 30-60min and time just flies. Try practice mode grinding something without a break for an hour, and you'll feel like you've trained for ages.

Kickass Harpsichord
Dec 3, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

Hey, more Xbox players! GT is PunkBoy412. Considering how small the playerbase on Live is, I'm sure we'll all run into each other eventually in ranked matches, haha.

My tag is FMBluecher. Haven't played P4A in a bit but getting a new stick soon so might actually be on sometime.

Mumblyfish
Jul 22, 2007
Senselessly gorgeous.
Thanks to the advice from this thread I graduated from grade F- to just plain ol' F after 91 fights. :unsmith: It's been a frustrating experience, but it's nice to get a little validation from the game. And hoo boy I can certainly see why people like fighting games. This is fun!

I kinda want to keep playing all night, but my left thumb has PS3 D-pad shaped dents in it and hurts like a motherfucker.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
You found 91 ranked matches!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

^^^ are ranked matched not easy to find or something? I almost never wait more than a minute or two, and the longest I've waited probably wasn't more than five.

As a person who has been playing pretty much exclusively Chie since I got this game (although that really hasn't been very often), my eyes just kinda glossed over this. For now I'm having a lot of fun just acting like a spaz at F rank online, beating people occasionally if they mess up. I think I'm probably around the point where I need to learn this stuff now, because I've gotten into situations where I just know I can punish someone really hard but I have no idea how to and I just end up doing my dumb simple autocombo because it's all I know that's safe.

I kept getting matched against this one Mitsuru last time I got on, maybe four or five times. He beat me the first time, but I got him back every time afterwards. I kinda want to thank the guy for breaking me out of being so predictable with my IAD j.bb, because holy poo poo did he wreck me a couple rounds when I kept doing that over and over.

Also, what do "ch" and "->" mean specifically in that post? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but gently caress it. Gotta start from somewhere.

• Locked thread