Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The MSJ posted:

Can we confirm that the actors here have their own heads and bodies?

Onset pictures suggest they are:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is this the only time in film history where all of the top billed actors have been juniors?

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
What is going on with Cuba's name tag there?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Mister Chief posted:

Is this the only time in film history where all of the top billed actors have been juniors?

What is with his nametag? Is he illiterate? Will the other cops make fun of him? :ohdear:

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
How has Cuba Gooding Jr. not turned homicidal, given what his career has become?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

How has Cuba Gooding Jr. not turned homicidal, given what his career has become?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Hey photoshopped dogs.

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Glancing at his IMDB page reveals the fact that he was in Land Before Time XIII, so he's got that going for him.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

uPen posted:

Hey photoshopped dogs.

Holy poo poo, look at :smugdog: in the middle there.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Wasn't Snow Dogs the one where several puppies died during the making of, or something?

vv Ah, my bad.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Dec 10, 2012

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Wasn't Snow Dogs the one where several puppies died during the making of, or something?

That was one of the direct to video Snow Buddies movies. Which is a spin off of that film AND Air Bud. Disney, man.

I will admit to seeing Snow Dogs, and you know what, it's not the worst movie I've ever seen. The "talking dogs" are literally in one scene, and it's a dream sequence. The rest is a fairly straight forward movie about dog sledding.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I will admit to seeing Snow Dogs, and you know what, it's not the worst movie I've ever seen. The "talking dogs" are literally in one scene, and it's a dream sequence.

That's what I was about to say! The posters there have like the obviously manipulated faces of the dogs and the trailers, as I recall, play it up like they're typical, magical talking animals, but the actual movie is entirely devoid of that aside from a dream sequence.

That's so bizzare.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Really, it seems like he was the victim of bad marketing there. Disney family film isn't exactly the lowlight of a career it was made out to be... Lots of good solid actors have been in them. If this was the Remember the Titans of dog racing in the script, maybe it seemed a good diversifying choice?

Now direct to video sequels is another matter.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Or maybe he said yes to it thinking that being too picky about scripts post-Oscar could hurt him, or he said yes before he won.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Yodzilla posted:

How did New York get fossilized.

Stare-Out posted:

I had to look up if that was a fake poster but it's not, the movie's coming out next year and from what I can gather it's like a direct sequel to the first Planet of the Apes, just without the apes.
:psyduck: What the gently caress, I didn't think I liked Tom Cruise but I want to see like every movie he does.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

We are in the middle of a Cruise action renaissance. Other than Oblivion, we will also have Jack Reacher and All You Need Is Kill.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Fat Lou posted:

What is with his nametag? Is he illiterate? Will the other cops make fun of him? :ohdear:

It could be a reference to police obscuring their name tags when doing something illegal or immoral, similar to taping over them.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

feedmyleg posted:

It could be a reference to police obscuring their name tags when doing something illegal or immoral, similar to taping over them.

that's their badge. the nametag is a fuckup

Rogue1-and-a-half
Mar 7, 2011

Ammanas posted:

that's their badge. the nametag is a fuckup

That's weird, because it jumps out so obviously. I mean, it looks to me like it had to be done purposely. Maybe somebody pulling a prank.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

uPen posted:

Hey photoshopped dogs.

The dog on the right is evil or maybe just a dick. The dog on the left has heterochromia, which means he's special and he'll get bullied for his specialness.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In my theoretical room of movie posters this is the centerpiece

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

The nametag would be right side up ("ADEL") from Cuba's perspective. Maybe his character is an idiot? Maybe it's a comedy.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I like that the non-husky dog has sunglasses on its head, ready to drop the moment a record-scratch is heard.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Physical posted:

:psyduck: What the gently caress, I didn't think I liked Tom Cruise but I want to see like every movie he does.

The twist will be that it's actually the sequel to Inception.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Cliff posted:

The nametag would be right side up ("ADEL") from Cuba's perspective. Maybe his character is an idiot? Maybe it's a comedy.

No, you see, they put the nametag like that so you can read it when you're looking in your rearview mirror.

And upside down.

And.... uhhh....

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

No, you see, they put the nametag like that so you can read it when you're looking in your rearview mirror.

And upside down.

And.... uhhh....

Are you making a facetious statement for laughs? Because I really don't think that's what they did.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

MariusLecter posted:

Are you making a facetious statement for laughs? Because I really don't think that's what they did.

The Something Awful Forums: A Facetious Statement For Laughs

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

MariusLecter posted:

I respectfully disagree, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened. It's very plausible.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Or... it is a plot point described in just about every summary of the film.

"Adel is a coarse character who has no love for his job. His disgust with the daily grind of dealing with crooks as well as honest citizens is clear -- he wears his name tag upside down --, but that is the least of his transgressions."

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

GonSmithe posted:

Here, let me oversell it for you:

Let me further oversell it for you with the premise: it's pretty much Groundhog Day, with headshots.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

That was one of the direct to video Snow Buddies movies. Which is a spin off of that film AND Air Bud. Disney, man.

Fun fact: Disney now has two DTV franchises with adorable puppies who never seem to age!

And I only bring this one up because, so help me, is the dog in the upper-left meant to be wearing a yarmulke?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

MariusLecter posted:

Get over yourself, holy poo poo.

M. Night Shyamalan's "After Earth" w/ little Jaden photoshopped up at the top and not blended in at all.

This is loving terrible, what the christ.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

M. Night Shyamalan's "After Earth" w/ little Jaden photoshopped up at the top and not blended in at all.

I'm shocked to see that M. Night Shyamalan's name is even visible on the poster given his recent returns.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
I saw Wake In Fright recently (great movie), and I absolutely love the original poster, especially the fantastic and evocative tagline:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Hahaha yes YESS this will be a masterpiece of modern art.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Mister Chief posted:

I'm shocked to see that M. Night Shyamalan's name is even visible on the poster given his recent returns.

His films might do better if they hid his name until the end of the film. Quite the twist!

Electric Sheep
Dec 11, 2012

I'm the motherfucking sheep.
The art itself is kind of cool, but the poster overall, especially the logo, makes the movie look like something on Toonami.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

That is the funniest thing I've seen in a while...

...but seriously, never loving mind Cuba Gooding Jr., James Coburn has second billing in Snow Dogs. What.

And it was one of the last movies he ever did before he died. That's a bigger loving travesty than Cuba Gooding Jr.'s entire career.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

It looks like the puppies are in Santa's high-waisted pants.

It looks like his waistband. Just look at it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Oh god there's even a zipper :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

And thus begins the fall of Will Smith, brought down by the terrible acting of his own son.