Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Tres Burritos posted:

He has forums?
I'm sure they are terrible. Are they terrible?

As I was implying, they are the kind of people that would call a woman a pile of tits without a drop of irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

diesiel posted:

At least they aren't anti-Semites over there.

Considering how deep the Rogan fanbase is into conspiracies, I very much doubt that's true for a lot of his followers, considering that anti-semitism and a certain brand of conspiracy theory are completely inseparable

"I don't hate jews, man, I only hate zionists"

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Bohemian Nights posted:

Considering how deep the Rogan fanbase is into conspiracies, I very much doubt that's true for a lot of his followers, considering that anti-semitism and a certain brand of conspiracy theory are completely inseparable

Yamulke sporting lizard conspirators

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Anyone know the video Joe was talking about with Eddie Bravo that the Ancient Aliens got mad at Rogan because he re-tweeted it

I guess it was some religious guy debunking the Ancient Alien theories or something.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

Here you go. It's actually pretty good, and you can use the chapters to move to interesting topics. I didn't care about a lot of the stuff he debunked, but I sure learned a lot of neat trivia about ancient engineering.

Barrabas the Gray
Jun 27, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

Here you go. It's actually pretty good, and you can use the chapters to move to interesting topics. I didn't care about a lot of the stuff he debunked, but I sure learned a lot of neat trivia about ancient engineering.

Is the stuff actually "debunked" or is it just his take vs. the tv's show take?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

mcvey posted:

Shane Smith really needs to go on a podcast with somebody who can hold an intelligent conversation for more than 30 seconds. It was painful listening to Rogan during that entire episode.

Same when Greg Proops was in. Actually lets have a Shane Smith / Greg Proops podcast :allears:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

"I don't hate jews, man, I only hate zionists"

That's not anti-Semitic, dude.

Anyway: Here's Joe Rogan enjoying himself on a bus.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
heads too small.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Xguard86 posted:

heads too small.

With too much hair on it.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Tres Burritos posted:

He has forums?
I'm sure they are terrible. Are they terrible?

I signed up there around a year ago because it was really active and I was a big fan of the podcast at that time. Big mistake. Giant collection of idiots over there.

Take the worst parts of Reddit, 4chan, Ron Paul libertarianism, trolling, misogynistic MMA bro-doucheness, and annoying stoner talk and you've got a decent readout of that forum. The collective age is around 15 where the main hobbies include posting pictures of weed and rating women like cattle.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
is there a heroin thread?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I don't Joe even has an overly high opinion of his forum.

STOP WHINING
Mar 28, 2012

You're a fucking choir boy compared to me!
A CHOIR BOY!

Chromatic posted:

I signed up there around a year ago because it was really active and I was a big fan of the podcast at that time. Big mistake. Giant collection of idiots over there.

Take the worst parts of Reddit, 4chan, Ron Paul libertarianism, trolling, misogynistic MMA bro-doucheness, and annoying stoner talk and you've got a decent readout of that forum. The collective age is around 15 where the main hobbies include posting pictures of weed and rating women like cattle.

Rogan has been know to complain on the podcast that his forum is filled with cunts who have cunty behavior; at the same time Rogan fails to realize that he is the one who created the atmosphere since (from what I've heard on the podcast) it was originally a forum for his quake clan. The truly elite gamers are usually secure in their position and don't have any bruised ego issues. But the wannabe elites are the most insufferable shitheads you can ever have the misfortune to come across on the internet. Always out to prove how much of a badass they are and how much better they are than everybody else. That's my theory anyway but I don't really care to delve too deep into a forum full of 4chan and reddit repost based threads.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Speaking of his message board, I sometimes like to go there to gawk at the idiots and ran across a thread discussing this story. http://www.news10.net/sports/article/219854/3/PHOTOS-66-transsexual-basketball-player-makes-college-

Personally, I think it's awesome. Transgendered have had a pretty rough go of it since forever and a survey came out a while back that said 41% of all transgendered people attempt suicide. That's staggering and depressing. However, little by little, progress is being made in regards to their acceptance. It's still well short of the progress gays have had in recent years but hey, it's a start.

However, lets see what some of Rogan's fans and eventually the man himself think about the issue...

quote:

That's hosed... What is this world coming to...

quote:

I wonder do they have a defense called the reverse trap?

quote:

Human monster.

quote:

after all the bullshit the fact remains that this is man. No matter how you twist this poo poo that fact is not going to change. I am all for an inspirational story, but in this case the stone cold fact just makes this laughable to me.
I mean they are putting a giant man out against these average sized girls. Now I am expected to get the warm a fuzzie's over the equivalent of putting a bull out there to take on a group of paralyzed bull fighters.
gently caress that poo poo! Form a man-lady league if you wanna ball so badly.

quote:

I'm going to gently caress it. Wish me luck

quote:

if there is already a deaf women and someone under 5 feet on the team then i suppose they are playing for the love of the sport and the team isn't picked purely on ability so its not as if the tranny is really out of place. fair play to the old girl not that i am siding with tranny's they loving repulse me because i have never met one so i have never had the chance to see them as human, i still like to refer to them as things lol.

Joe Rogan posted:

You would be very pissed indeed if your daughter was a talented female athlete and she had to compete with a man wearing make up. That poo poo is ridiculous. I could see that she would like to operate in society as a woman, and I fully support that, but you can't loving play on a female basketball team when you're a giant dude. That's just stupid.
They need a tranny league, or just play with the men. That's a loving man body, and man bodies are supposed to compete with men. That's the whole loving point of having different sexes compete separately in the first place.
This is PC thinking surpassing logic and reason.

I like how Rogan claims that he supports her being herself, but refers to her as a "man wearing make-up", a "giant dude" and is against her playing in a woman league. That's like saying "Yeah, I guess you're a woman. If you say so. By the way, you shouldn't play in the women's league, that's unfair to women. Play in the man's league because that's what you are."

Two quick things. One, I think I'm done with the podcast/Rogan unless there's a guest on there that I really, really like(Louis CK, Stanhope).

Secondly, I wonder how long it's going to be before Rogan pisses off the wrong group and gets shitcanned from the UFC. Didn't he get in hot water before with the word "human being" and have to retire the word? I know Dana White has said he wants the UFC to be as big as the NFL and with the UFC becoming more and more mainstream, they're going to have more eyes and magnifying glasses on their talent and employees. I know Dana is loyal to Rogan due to him working his first UFC ppvs for free but at some point he might be a liability.

It's staggering how I thought this dude was a decent thinker only 2 years ago.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
the ufc president was the one throwing the term human being around and i fully support joe rogan obviously only reading the headline because there's a 100% chance of feeling worse after reading any article on transsexuals

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
The Tranny League sounds pretty cool to me. Good idea, Rogan.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Joe is right. She can be a woman in a society all she wants but when it comes to women's amateur basketball - there are just some things you do not mess with.

Lovechop posted:

The Tranny League sounds pretty cool to me. Good idea, Rogan.

He can be the announcer too!

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

Chromatic posted:

I like how Rogan claims that he supports her being herself, but refers to her as a "man wearing make-up", a "giant dude" and is against her playing in a woman league. That's like saying "Yeah, I guess you're a woman. If you say so. By the way, you shouldn't play in the women's league, that's unfair to women. Play in the man's league because that's what you are."

I think hes saying that he supports their rights as human beings (I agree calling her a "man wearing make-up" is awful), but her physical properties simply make the game unfair. In this case, since shes 50 years old, so I doubt she will but if there was a transgendered player in their early 20s with physical properties of a tall man then you could see where that would be an unfair advantage. Plus its pretty ridiculous for a 50 year old to play college basketball.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I find it sort of amusing that Joe is hawking pseudo-science $20/lb coffee and $400 blenders now.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

Cromulent posted:

I find it sort of amusing that Joe is hawking pseudo-science $20/lb coffee and $400 blenders now.

But he believes in it; he wouldn't try to sell us it if he didn't believe in it.

Regarding the whole transsexual thing, you can't pretend there aren't legitimate concerns over the inclusion of male-to-female athletes in competitive sports, which is essentially what those (somewhat crude) posts were bitching about. Not many people really care about college female basketball, but it's the implications regarding the wider context of sports that people are focusing on. If college level basketball is okay, Would Olympic level track-and-field be okay? Does it really have to be all or nothing?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

ZeroDays posted:

Regarding the whole transsexual thing, you can't pretend there aren't legitimate concerns over the inclusion of male-to-female athletes in competitive sports, which is essentially what those (somewhat crude) posts were bitching about. Not many people really care about college female basketball, but it's the implications regarding the wider context of sports that people are focusing on. If college level basketball is okay, Would Olympic level track-and-field be okay? Does it really have to be all or nothing?

You and Johnson's posts do bring up a valid point in regards to the competition.

I just really don't see any kind of happy middle ground that would be fair to both. If you tell the athletes "Hey, we're including transgenders now. Deal with it" it would be unfair from an athletic standpoint. If you tell transsexuals "Look, it would be unfair to them to let you in. I'm sorry" if would be unfair to people to were guilty of being born in the wrong body. It would saying to them "Sure, we support you in being a woman now, but not here."

My take on it is that I see transgender/gay acceptance way more important and valuable than sports and athletic competition so I'm going to back them. If you or anyone has a good middle ground idea that includes acceptance yet is fair to the athletes that are already there, I'm all for it. At this time I don't see one though.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I consider myself strong on civil rights, liberties, etc but I have never met a transgendered person or know anyone who does so I'm really uninformed on the issue. I honestly did not even know "tranny" was a derogatory term till I saw a dude get probated for it last year :shobon:

That said I'm smart enough and the Rogan board guys should be smart enough to know that since they don't know poo poo about it they shouldn't be passing judgment and offering solutions. Yeah, from a competitive athletic point of view, full inclusion in a woman's league sounds unfair, men's sounds dangerous, and making a transgendered-only league also sounds kind of gross as does barring them completely from competition. I have absolutely no idea what the fair and respectful solution is so I shouldn't try to make one to sound smart and ~ALPHA~! Saying you don't know or are unqualified to make that judgment isn't a crime!

But I think we can all agree that calling them all "men in dresses wearing make-up" is pretty loving disgusting.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Cromulent posted:

I haven't listened in months, how long are the commercials at the beginning of the show now? You've got:

Alpha brain and other nootropics
Battle ropes
Kettle bells
Zinc tablets for your loads
Blenders
Really expensive coffee

What else am I missing here?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ting phone service (did you know they use Sprint's network????????).

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
The first 15 minutes of JRE have turned into the first 20 minutes of WTF(Marc Maron) for me. Skip skip skip

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sock The Great posted:

I haven't listened in months, how long are the commercials at the beginning of the show now? You've got:

Alpha brain and other nootropics
Battle ropes
Kettle bells
Zinc tablets for your loads
Blenders
Really expensive coffee

What else am I missing here?

killer bee honey

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

The strangest thing about the JRE is that Rogan seems to genuinely believe that Brian is a unique specimen, apparently oblivious to the huge army of Brians splattered all over 4chan and Reddit. Hitler cat Olive Garden Butthole farts indeed. It's just so generic "lol randomz" that Rogan thinks is one-of-a-kind. It blows my mind that he (Redban) actually does stand-up, and I can't imagine how his routine would go since he's never displayed any real wit. Anyone ever seen him? Hell, I'm curious

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

ZeroDays posted:

Started listening to this podcast about a month ago, realised this subforum existed only today. I don't get the Redban hate, unless it's just a thing to be irritated by him. He's just a very minor annoyance sometimes. Did he used to be far worse?

And we've come full circle

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

ZeroDays posted:

The strangest thing about the JRE is that Rogan seems to genuinely believe that Brian is a unique specimen, apparently oblivious to the huge army of Brians splattered all over 4chan and Reddit. Hitler cat Olive Garden Butthole farts indeed. It's just so generic "lol randomz" that Rogan thinks is one-of-a-kind. It blows my mind that he (Redban) actually does stand-up, and I can't imagine how his routine would go since he's never displayed any real wit. Anyone ever seen him? Hell, I'm curious

Joe also thinks he is a genius because he can set up a few mics and record a podcast.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

Heh, forgot I'd ever said that. It's a slow poison, see

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Brekelefuw posted:

Joe also thinks he is a genius because he can set up a few mics and record a podcast.

I like that Joe has his own personal tech guy and had someone else put up his new better-ish website.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Bohemian Nights posted:

Hahaha awesome

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

ZeroDays posted:

Heh, forgot I'd ever said that. It's a slow poison, see

Yeah, I don't think anyone can genuinely love this show for very long. It gets preachy and stupid and repetitive pretty fast. I think I got a couple of months of enjoyment out of it though. Now I only listen when someone in this thread mentions a particularly good episode, like the Kevin Pereira wii-u episode.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Hey, I have a blendtec, and yeah :shobon:

If you make smoothies for breakfast on the regular, it's required equipment.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

ZeroDays posted:

I think its the combination of his personality with Joe's that makes it funny. The macho ufc guy combined with the 40 year old manchild. If you listen to Ice House or any of the other podcasts Redban does, he doesn't play near the fool he does on the Joe Rogan Podcast.

He can be annoying, but I still like him. :3:

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

I think its the combination of his personality with Joe's that makes it funny. The macho ufc guy combined with the 40 year old manchild. If you listen to Ice House or any of the other podcasts Redban does, he doesn't play near the fool he does on the Joe Rogan Podcast.

He can be annoying, but I still like him. :3:

He's tolerable on the Kevin Pereira podcast too because he sticks with what he knows and is capable of, i.e., technology and gaming and poo poo. I'm just genuinely curious what his stand-up routine is. If I had to guess, I'd say surrealism and non-sequiturs that only fly because the audience knows who he is and what to expect, but I still can't imagine it.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

ZeroDays posted:

He's tolerable on the Kevin Pereira podcast too because he sticks with what he knows and is capable of, i.e., technology and gaming and poo poo. I'm just genuinely curious what his stand-up routine is. If I had to guess, I'd say surrealism and non-sequiturs that only fly because the audience knows who he is and what to expect, but I still can't imagine it.

There's pretty much nothing in the way of Redban's comedy on youtube that I've been able to find.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Brendan Walsh talked about him while he was on stage in the new icehouse chronicles. Apparently its just a relentless string of really filthy material with no buffer for the audience to settle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
i only get mad at redban when he's told to google/youtube search a thing and he does it like my mom