Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I don't know what that is, but I want one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattmofob
May 2, 2005

DUCK

Smug Mug posted:

A friend linked me to this picture. I'm really hoping someone here knows something about it because I have no clue what this thing is.

Chevrolet Aveo

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/06/extra-terrestrial-vehicle-chevy-aveo-of.html

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:
How do you service the engine? :psyduck:

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
hahaha I love the discrepancy between the two donor models for that vehicle.

"You can choose between a Boxster.....or an Aveo."

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Well this is interesting...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2229886/Designers-concept-car-based-science-fiction-movies-Chevrolet.html
http://www.automotto.com/entry/blue-djinn-from-fastlane-for-sale-on-ebay/

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

grover posted:

I'm assuming it services itself. This car is from the goddamn future, man.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

grover posted:

It's an Aveo, you drive it until it blows up.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

I knew I've seen that somewhere before. Both are ugly as sin IMO.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I want one as a daily driver.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
is that an oversize gaming mouse or a car?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

kastein posted:

is that an oversize gaming mouse or a car?

Well it's useful as neither so hmmm...

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Q_res posted:

It's an Aveo, you drive it until it blows up.

As a former Aveo owner I can confirm this to be the best way to do things.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
That aveo had some attention paid to it on a hypermiling (sigh) forum I belong to.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

I love how calm the Russian drivers are. I wish I knew what they are saying.

They're mostly swearing, calling the other driver a name (primarily a bitch or jackal), oh just saying things like AH AH AH OH GOD OH GOD

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

sports posted:

That aveo had some attention paid to it on a hypermiling (sigh) forum I belong to.

I bet its gas mileage really goes down the tubes every time it scrapes painfully over any and all uneven surfaces.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I can't think of a single similarity between the Boxster and the Aveo beyond "they are both cars". Even the wheelbases, the most basic thing you'd think they would have to match, are 4" apart.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It looks kinda like the cars in Syndicate.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It looks kinda like the cars in Syndicate.

Yeeeesssssssssss. *dunnah dunnah dunnah dunnanon dun dun dun dun*

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

That car popped up on imgur/reddit today, more pics:

http://imgur.com/gallery/OG3HL

Reddit link: http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/14kv7c/that_time_traveler_spotted_outside_of_bestbuy_is/

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Crustashio posted:

I can never take modified mag seriously after this:

http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Modified+Magazine/5567654

just listen to the first one.

That was painful to listen to.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

Smug Mug posted:

A friend linked me to this picture. I'm really hoping someone here knows something about it because I have no clue what this thing is.

NM, beaten like a red-headed step-child.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

YF19pilot posted:

This looks like some kind of WWII era 37mm anti-tank gun. The closest thing I can find is the M3 37mm gun, but the shield and the barrel end aren't quite right, but it could still be a variant of the M3.

edit: could also be a Flak 30/38 (2cm) in which case that's a German gun.

Im almost a week late, but my years spent in the game WWII Online tell me thats a french mle. 1934 anti tank gun, or an american license built copy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25_mm_Hotchkiss_anti-tank_gun

im really, really sure.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Das Volk posted:

That was painful to listen to.

Uhhhh, that's my poo poo. Love slave is going on repeat in the car all week.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

11BulletCatcher posted:

And mine was 120mph in a 63 Impala with a 283 on my second week driving ever. I can't wait to ge back to that car.

Indicated 120 in a '72 Nova sedan with a 307. :whatup:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

That's loving suicidal. I've done 125 in my old GLI on i-10 in the middle of the night with my brother spotting a few miles ahead of me and damned if that wasn't enough to make me think I could die at any given moment.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
No sense of adventure... I did 120 in this about 2.5 years ago - that's what my GPS said, anyways. 85mph speedo was buried.

The little white truck, not the camo one. The camo one can barely manage 54 at redline, downhill, full throttle, with a hurricane behind it.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/10/volvo-850-t5-r-pickup-conversion-is-ready-for-a-cool-yule/

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Volvomino? El Volvino?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This passed me on the freeway yesterday. Kind of a WTF moment.

The :911: was unintentional.

This was pages ago but since there was discussion and if you're really curious, I'm almost certain that's a French SA MLE 1934 25mm AT gun:

Looks like someone put US tires on it and some sort of a secondary crew shield.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MattD1zzl3 was pretty sure too, about ten posts up.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Fucknag posted:

MattD1zzl3 was pretty sure too, about ten posts up.

Goddamnit, someone else here played WWII Online (who did you play with Matt?). That's what I get for only checking 3 pages after the original post.

How about a couple shots of my Dad's 1969 Bronco after a lengthy restoration? One of a few from that year with it's factory PTO winch. I posted it a long time ago but people always seem to get a kick out of it:

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 11, 2012

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Friend used to have a 73 Nova coupe with a built 350 (I have no idea what parts were actually in it, but it ran mid 12s on street tires, with a full interior and working a/c).

We managed to break the speedometer one night on I-10. No loving idea how fast we were going, but the tach was pegged (8000 rpm tach).

Ah, to be young and incredibly loving stupid again.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

20-25 years ago I hated those rear wheel arches and, like many others, perpetrated violence on mine with an air tool and fiberglass. drat I was young and stupid. That thing is just perfect the way it is.

I don't feel too bad about what I did because the body was several Sockingtons of rust held together with bondo and paint, so there's basically no way it would still be around today.

I also did some bad things to the firewall and floor pan jamming a new process 435 in it after the 3 speed ended up permanently in 3rd gear. I did miss having the column shift after that.

But wow....what a great looking restoration. Please tell me he drives it. I would understand why if he doesn't....but that thing needs to be driven.

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

It still blows my mind that these sports cars were aircooled for so long. I recently re watched getaway in Stockholm again and its got me all giddy about older 911's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3Zjcngj74

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BigHouseOfBooty posted:

It still blows my mind that these sports cars were aircooled for so long.

By the end they were probably more correctly considered oil cooled than air cooled, especially the turbo models. Still pretty awesome and insane that it was pushed that far.

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

Motronic posted:

By the end they were probably more correctly considered oil cooled than air cooled, especially the turbo models. Still pretty awesome and insane that it was pushed that far.

Listen to that engine cool down at the end :awesome: cars are amazing :allears:

I will look into the oil cooling now, i didnt know about that.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

What is that story with that Stockholm video? I watched the whole thing and It was just nice

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BigHouseOfBooty posted:

I will look into the oil cooling now, i didnt know about that.

Yeah...the 993s takes about 3 gallons of oil and has some significant air-oil coolers. When they are worked for power one of the first things you have to do is add more air-oil coolers and increase the system volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Motronic posted:

But wow....what a great looking restoration. Please tell me he drives it. I would understand why if he doesn't....but that thing needs to be driven.

Oh yeah, he drives it. Mostly it lives under the carport because his job requires a lot of city driving and he doesn't want to beat it up, but he takes it to work occasionally and to shows/meets/weekend stuff. I'd love to see it muddied up from some mild offroading, but he tends to stick to his Suburban for that.

Sadly common question: "Nice Jeep man, what year is that" :haw: