Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I posted in here a few months back about getting my corgi into his kennel, and how if I even said the word "kennel" near him he would try to get as far away from it as possible and would only respond to the physical "command" of touching the back of his collar like I was going to drag him.

Well, the PI advice worked so well that even my cat knows the command too.

Thanks guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

Aww that is the cutest! He has a little "Treat?!" look on his face when he runs in there!

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
I am suffering from so much guilt right now. Tomorrow, my husband and I are flying out to Alaska to spend Thanksgiving with my extended family. Neige is not coming with us, for the good of everyone. My mother-in-law has enthusiastically offered to watch her and the house while we're gone, so she's got someone she knows and gets to stay in her own home. But still. I still can't get over this feeling that tomorrow evening, when my m-i-l comes to take us to the airport, I'm going to put my puppy in her crate and as far as she knows, not come back (for 4 days). She's going to get so many treats and attention that we'll likely come back to a fat and spoiled corgi, but she's never been away from us that long before and I don't know how to spend the holiday not stressing and feeling like a neglectful owner.

Reproachful Corgi says "why would you abandon meeeee?"

RurouNNy
Dec 10, 2004

Oh man I appreciate that, you know I do!

ButWhatIf posted:

I am suffering from so much guilt right now. Tomorrow, my husband and I are flying out to Alaska to spend Thanksgiving with my extended family. Neige is not coming with us, for the good of everyone. My mother-in-law has enthusiastically offered to watch her and the house while we're gone, so she's got someone she knows and gets to stay in her own home. But still. I still can't get over this feeling that tomorrow evening, when my m-i-l comes to take us to the airport, I'm going to put my puppy in her crate and as far as she knows, not come back (for 4 days). She's going to get so many treats and attention that we'll likely come back to a fat and spoiled corgi, but she's never been away from us that long before and I don't know how to spend the holiday not stressing and feeling like a neglectful owner.

Reproachful Corgi says "why would you abandon meeeee?"

Hey guilty feeling corgi owning buddy. My Mom informed me a couple of weeks ago that my older dog stressed her out too much around Thanksgiving, so not to bring him this year. So Corra will be staying home with him to keep him company :qq: since the kennel they go to was already full. I feel horrible about it and it is only 1 day! They are going to get so much turkey ...

This is what Corra will look like all day ... no one wants to play ball with her :cry:

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

We are at my grandma's house for thanksgiving this week and orbit has been a calm angel around her. My aunt just showed up with her cavalier King Charles spaniel and orbit has been So Very Excited to have a playmate and is zooming around like a crazy dog. I have a feeling he will e sleeping well tonight! Not so sure my grandma will want to put up with a week of this.

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012
I just came back from 1 week work trip in Europe during which Guinness stayed with my sister. She has quite hectic work schedule, which basically meant that Guinness would go outside from 6 to 7 AM, then be alone all day long and only get to see someone at about 7 or 8 PM.
Fortunately she could take one day off during the week to stay with him, but he wouldn't play or anything. He would just lay in sofa next to my cat.

This experience made me think of phenomenon that makes us be so attached to our pets. It's very different feeling to leave a 7 year old child with your sister for a week, because you can explain to him the reason why you are leaving, when will you be back, you can even talk to him while away. But as intelligent as Corgies are, whatever you say him/her, he's gonna feel abandoned after a while.
Leaving him that morning one week ago made me tear up, hell it even does thinking about it right now.

Topical lonely looking Corgi picture. :)

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Ace will apparently howl all day now if I leave the house with a suitcase. He won't howl at night, and I've never ever actually heard him howl, but according to everyone else in the house he does. He doesn't even wait for me to be gone long, last time I went on a trip he started howling after 20 minutes. There are 6 other people in the house, and he gets tons of attention.

Random 12 hour work shifts, even odd overnights out of nowhere? No problem. So, I have to prepack my luggage in the car nowadays.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

While I was in the hospital for a week recovering from heart surgery, Lola stayed with my in-laws. The told us that she was a totally different dog after the first day. Way mellow, hardly ate or drank, and was just a totally depressed pup.

When we got home, she stayed pretty much attached to me during my home recovery.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

I'm wondering how Aslan will adjust back to my friends' house after a week here. Especially the schedule aspect. They go to bed pretty early because they have a toddler, and the first couple of nights he took himself up to his crate and sacked out at about the same time they usually do. The last few days he's been staying up with me, and tonight he was playing with Murphy and Husker (mostly Murphy, Husker tapped out and begged for leftovers) until like 10:00 pm. Hopefully that won't cause them any issues.

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

I went to Petco to get Nova some hooves and chew antlers and they gave me a free pair of reindeer dog antlers. I'm not really one to dress up my dog, but when we got home I thought I'd take a couple cute photos to send my parents.

Ahahahahahaha my dog is the most pitiful dog. So much for that idea.

you hate me o god you hate me why

no more please no more

And then I took them off and gave her an antler to chew on and she keeps eyeing the chair that those are in like it Satan himself is sitting there.

RurouNNy
Dec 10, 2004

Kerafyrm posted:

I went to Petco to get Nova some hooves and chew antlers and they gave me a free pair of reindeer dog antlers. I'm not really one to dress up my dog, but when we got home I thought I'd take a couple cute photos to send my parents.

Ahahahahahaha my dog is the most pitiful dog. So much for that idea.

you hate me o god you hate me why

no more please no more

And then I took them off and gave her an antler to chew on and she keeps eyeing the chair that those are in like it Satan himself is sitting there.

Ha hahah, you broke her spirit! So cute :3:

I decided to further develop Corra's short complex, her new toy is 5 feet tall :D

(I blame Black Friday for my buying stupid but awesome things :mad:)

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012
Guinness does the funniest thing at dog park for months now.
We don't go there so often anymore, but when we do he does this every time.

There's this manhole (not exactly sure if that's what it's called, but you will understand from the picture) that makes a deep metal-ish sound when you step on it.

At first he noticed the sound when I stepped on it, then he would be curious of what it came from. I figured it's that and jumped on it, thus making the sound.

He is now jumping on it a couple of times every time we go past it. Looks quite funny from aside. I have not managed to film it (as with anything fun, he never does it when I record it), but I managed to catch it in picture today. :)

edit: also, Nova looks adorable with the antlers. :)

Corra looks like she wants to ask you "You are going to post this on that website and make fun of me won't you?" ^_^

Break Fast fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 24, 2012

RurouNNy
Dec 10, 2004

Eee!!! Corra does this too .. but to blankets, not manholes :D So cute :3: :3: :3:

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

Omigosh that giraffe. :3: That's such a great photo, too.

And Break Fast, that's funny. Guinness is such a cutie, him and the other brindle cardies in this thread make me want a second corgi so bad.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

This picture makes me miss my first dog, Sonya. She had to have had some Corgi in her, but she had long fur and was pretty solidly tan. She had the body of a Corgi though. My wife and I plan on getting a corgi when a few of our cats die of.

Yes, she wants to name it Eins. I want to name it something different, but she's dead set. I miss having a good dog.

nolen
Apr 4, 2004

butts.
My ex-girlfriend's dog after a brushing yesterday:

Man Yam
Aug 31, 2004
Pickle. No! You pickle!
Anyone in the Omaha, NE area looking for a corgi or two to adopt? I am going through a divorce and I cannot have dogs at my apartment, and my soon to be ex-wife cannot afford to keep our two dogs with the house.

I found a corgi rescue operating out of Topeka, KS, and my wife contacted one locally. However, she had the impression that the "ladies" who operated it did not really do much other than provide a place for what sounded like a horde of dogs in the background and the lady on the phone had breathing issues.

Both dogs are kennel trained, males, one is a 6 yr old tri-color pembroke, Einstein (anime nerd, right-breed, wrong color), and the other is the white & tan pembroke, Fluffy, 2 yrs old. I will try to get pics posted later. Both love attention, and other than the 2 yr old not obeying the come inside command, pretty good dogs.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

nolen posted:

My ex-girlfriend's dog after a brushing yesterday:

If this is a probatable meme image, it was totally worth it. :3:

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

We're so excited about something Panda just did. After a rough first week of house breaking back in November, she has made a lot of progress but we were still occasionally catching her eliminating in the house. On Saturday, I hung a thread of bells that my wife put together next to the front door and we've been ringing them every time we let her out. So after work, we're talking on the couch and hear the bells ring and see her waiting patiently at the door. We're stupidly excited that our dog is learning.

Bonus pic of her digging a hole with my nieces.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Sneaking a hound dog in this thread.

Poor corgi (mom's) has a bladder infection.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My GF is flying home to spend a few weeks with her family over the holidays so I'm going to be watching Butters starting next week, and I was talking to my mom earlier who said she might be willing to let him stay at their house when I come visit for Christmas, instead of needing to kennel him- "I am not sure how long I can
tolerate a dog in the house, but I'm willing to try because he's so darn
cute." :allears: He's a couple years old now so he's mellowed out around my GF and I, and hasn't had any sort of in-house bathroom problems for at least a year, so fingers crossed that he behaves.

I Might Be Adam posted:

We're so excited about something Panda just did. After a rough first week of house breaking back in November, she has made a lot of progress but we were still occasionally catching her eliminating in the house. On Saturday, I hung a thread of bells that my wife put together next to the front door and we've been ringing them every time we let her out. So after work, we're talking on the couch and hear the bells ring and see her waiting patiently at the door. We're stupidly excited that our dog is learning.

That's a great idea and I might try that with my next dog.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Gf just tweeted this at me:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-40-most-influential-corgis-of-2012?s=mobile

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

I Might Be Adam posted:

Holy poo poo! So that's why my back door has bells attached to it from the dog-owning previous occupants.

Too bad my old dog is deaf now. :(

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012
Just dropped Guinness off at the vet.

He recently got bitten in the ear area by another dog. He got little bruises here and there and one somewhat big one. Called the vet, he said I should clean the "wholes" regularly. Did that for a day, woke up this morning and the big scar looked quite bad. (it's in a place where there are a lot of hair, making it hard to access for cleaning)

Went to vet, the surgeon said he's going to need some professional cleaning on the smaller marks and stitches on the big one, which automatically means anaesthesia. Had to put on muzzle on him for the first time ever, cause he wouldn't let anyone near him except me. I put it on and they gave him calmative injection and took him away. I barely had time to give him a kiss.

If all goes well, he's going to be allowed to come home this evening or next morning. Maybe I should let him stay overnight there so they can watch him? I don't know what to do. I want him to be home with me as soon as possible, but maybe it's better to make him stay? I would really love some feedback on this.

I'm an emotional wreck right now. They took him away so fast that it's quite hard right now. The only thing that makes me somewhat calm is that the place itself has very quite quality standards and is regarded as one of the best Vet clinics in country. So I think he should be alright.

To calm my nerves, I went through photos of him I took couple weeks back. Here're a couple of picture of him being a happy pretty munchkin.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Godspeed, Guinness! Hope everything turns out alright

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

Get well soon Guinness!!!!

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012
Thanks guys. :) I really appreciate it.

Came home an hour ago. He's fine, but there are 10 days of taking proper care of his stitches. Turns out there are actual holes in his ear, that I will need to treat with special liquid. Basically pour it through the holes, so the healing process is faster.
It's gonna be a long, long week.

But atleast he's home. Still little high from narcosis and extremely tired and slow. :)

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

For Lack of a Better Name

Break Fast posted:

Thanks guys. :) I really appreciate it.

Came home an hour ago. He's fine, but there are 10 days of taking proper care of his stitches. Turns out there are actual holes in his ear, that I will need to treat with special liquid. Basically pour it through the holes, so the healing process is faster.
It's gonna be a long, long week.

But atleast he's home. Still little high from narcosis and extremely tired and slow. :)

Poor little guy. I'm sure he's very happy to be home with you.

Took this picture of Josie and the pussycats the other day. The colder the weather gets, the closer they get:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Old grumpy in the back there doesnt seem to approve of this species mixing.

You have a cat racist.

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
We took Neige last year to get her photo with Santa, and now people are asking if we're going to do it again this year. I...don't think so.

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

That is the best photo!

Orbit is NOT a fan of strange men, so photos with santa are out, unfortunately :(

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

thylacine posted:

Sneaking a hound dog in this thread.

Poor corgi (mom's) has a bladder infection.

Turns out she has more than a bladder infection, her bladder is full of bladder stones and she's going in for a cystotomy tomorrow. Frustrating because she has had the symptoms of this for a long time, when my mom brought it up with them in the past the vet said her odd peeing behavior was normal (pees a little bit, walks around, pees a little bit, sometimes pees a lot.) They didn't do an x-ray until today because she became incontinent a few days ago. Sounds like it's a standard procedure so I hope she comes through it fine.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Cross posting from GBS:

This is what we do at work all day:

and a video of Eevee in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch8bp9l5rs8

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

CapCityGoofBall posted:

Cross posting from GBS:

This is what we do at work all day:

and a video of Eevee in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch8bp9l5rs8

Oh God, why have I never tried that with Orbit? He LOVES running in circles around things. Today he ran in circles around a pile of leaves for like an hour. He would be so stoked about that game!

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012
I know what I'll be doing when I get back from uni. :)
Guinness doesn't get a whole lot of outdoors time now, which is very unfortunate for him, since it's been snowing heavily last couple of days and he loooooves to jump around in deep snow.
Hope he likes this "run in circles forever" thing. :p

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

All of those stones came from that poor dog's bladder. Be careful what you're feeding. She ate Nutro Natural Choice for 7 or 8 years, which might have caused it - or it might have been eating too many milkbones.

Now she's on prescription food and recovering well from the surgery($900) on Wednesday.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
before I scrolled down I thought those were delicious nuts and maple candy :barf:

Poor puppy :(

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012
Poor little thing. :(

Give her loads of hugs now that the worst is over.

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

For Lack of a Better Name
:wtc: How did all those fit in that poor little guy?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Old grumpy in the back there doesnt seem to approve of this species mixing.

You have a cat racist.

Yeah, he's an old, mean tempered, cat racist. Except when I have Josie on the couch first. Then he grumbles and sits at her rear, all the while casting glances at her like "get off my lawn!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RurouNNy
Dec 10, 2004

I guess I really bought a cat ... not a corgi:

She's been a hellion with the Christmas tree. We've had to move all the ornaments higher and higher up the tree. And since it is right next to her favorite window, she has been climbing on top of gifts to look out it :cripes:

And in other news, her brother is going to Westminster. I think he is a wicked handsome dog, but how do you get to Westminster at just 1.5 yrs old?

• Locked thread