Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I was hoping that the Warrior would have just been the miniboss and Jack freaks out when you beat it, retreating up to the H to make his last stand. You go up there and kick his rear end in the midst of the whole Hyperion bot manufacturing plant or some such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
When I first started playing the game I was absolutely certain that Angel and Jack were both up on the space station and that's where the last part of the game would take place. I was a little disappointed that didn't happen but I still like what they did and the way they did it. It didn't really detract from how good the game is.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Minorities posted:

When I first started playing the game I was absolutely certain that Angel and Jack were both up on the space station and that's where the last part of the game would take place. I was a little disappointed that didn't happen but I still like what they did and the way they did it. It didn't really detract from how good the game is.

The Angel fight should absolutely have been on the space station, now that you put it that way I like that idea far far better than "random bunker room."

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Soloed Hyperius for the first time today which was cool. Then I soloed Master Gee. Then the game crashed. This patch can't come fast enough.

How did you solo hyperius? What was your build?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

abaddonis posted:

yeah, I want to know this as well.

I'm guessing it involves Bees and Babymakers.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

thebardyspoon posted:

No, people are just assuming I think because the Hyperion moonbase is always in the sky and it never gets addressed or anything. Seems like a real missed opportunity to never go up there and see what sort of stuff Jack had in what was presumably his house. Also the diamond horse and his butler would make good bosses.

Hey, Mr. Blake is actually a cool dude who's just doing his job.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Dr.Smasher posted:

I've seen one strategy that involves a purple tediore relic, a grenade focused class mod, and an e-tech tediore smg. Guy was doing 20mil in damage per throw.

It was also very possible it was hacked too.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I think I may have figured out to (kind of) dupe golden keys on accident. I've been using my level 50 character to get experience for my underleveled characters. I went to Sanctuary to get my second character weapons out of the gold chest. My first character had 13 keys but the game only let the second character have 1. I had him use his key on the chest then leave the game and then when he joined the game again he had 1 key again. My first character still had 13. Either I somehow duped the drat key or my game's glitching.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

abaddonis posted:

Bee shield, Evil Smasher glitch, Norfleet, slag grenades and a Terra class mod (For the fire damage boost).

Basically I did the ES glitch enough that I didn't need to reload the Norfleet, slagged him and rained death with the rocket launcher afterwards.

Then his minions killed me because gently caress their dumb shields.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

If any of you guys are still playing through the game and not scavenging for phat lewt or whatever, I'm level 15 and just passed the part with the W4R-D3N. Send an invite, username is GT.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

So I'm playing the Torgue DLC after playing the Scarlet one and I feel way overleveled at level 37.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm not even grinding or farming or anything!

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

TheReverend posted:

So I'm playing the Torgue DLC after playing the Scarlet one and I feel way overleveled at level 37.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm not even grinding or farming or anything!

If you're still in Playthrough 1, I'm pretty sure it stops scaling around the mid-30s.

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.

TheReverend posted:

I had the same problem but I did Torgue first then Scarlett. Literally nothing in Scarlett was a challenge for me. I wish they had those two scale better on the first play through.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

I had the same problem but I did Torgue first then Scarlett. Literally nothing in Scarlett was a challenge for me. I wish they had those two scale better on the first play through.

It's not even that tough on the regular campaign so far outside of a couple of enemies, or when they spontaneously appear all around you and start shooting you at the same time. Sniper rifle with electric bullets pretty much wipes out everything at long range, and pistol with zoom burst + acid bullets does the same at close range.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Dross posted:

If you're still in Playthrough 1, I'm pretty sure it stops scaling around the mid-30s.

Any PS3 goons want to do some duping later on tonite around 7:30 ET?

I have the following (all level 50) :

Grenades:
Sticky Longbow Bonus Package
Sticky Longbow Fire Leech (and Rubberized)
Longbow Storm Front
Explosive Kiss of Death

Assault Rifles:
Nasty KerBlaster
Severe Shredifier

Sniper Rifles:
Gromky Lyuda (corrosive)
Gentleman's Volcano
Hyiu Skullmasher

Shotguns:
Critical Conference Call
Extra Large Deliverance
Sledge's shotgun
Impetuous Flakker
Texas Striker

SMGs:
Baby Maker (Hefty and Perma-sharp)
Consummate Hellfire
Smooth Sand Hawk

Pistols:
Maggie (Bowie and Dastardly)
Filled Law

Launcher:
Partisan Mongol

Shields:
Bee
Transformer
Hide of Terramorphous
Order
Sham

Class Mods:
All of the Terra mods
Legendary Assassin

Relics:
Blood of the Seraphs
Blue tediore relic
Blue Hyperion relic

All I'm looking for is a melee rubi, love thumper, norfleet, evil smasher, or slagga (all level 50)

Psn is abaddonis. If I'm in the trasure room, give me a minute or two

Edit: added the types

abaddonis fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 11, 2012

jobehaix
Feb 16, 2004

A turtle? Yes, a turtle.

abaddonis posted:

Any PS3 goons want to do some duping later on tonite around 7:30 ET?

I have the following (all level 50) :

Grenades:
Bonus Package
Fire Leech
Storm Front
Kiss of Death

Assault Rifles:
KerBlaster
Shredifier (corrosive)

Sniper Rifles:
Lyuda (corrosive I believe)
Volcano

Shotguns:
Critical Conference Call
Deliverance
Sledge's shotgun
Flakker

SMGs:
Baby Maker (fire as well as a melee)
Hellfire
Sand Hawk

Pistols:
Maggie
Law

Launcher:
Mongol

Shields:
Bee
Transformer
Hide of Terramorphous
Order

Class Mods:
All of the Terra mods
Legendary Assassin
46% melee mod

Relics:
Blood of the Seraphs
Blue tediore relic
Blue Hyperion relic

All I'm looking for is a melee rubi, love thumper, norfleet, evil smasher, or slagga (all level 50)

Psn is abaddonis. If I'm in the trasure room, give me a minute or two

I'm only a Level 35 so I don't have anything worth a poo poo, but I'll take some of these dupes, if you'll be so kind. I feel bad for being worthless at this game.

PSN jobehaix

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

raditts posted:

It's not even that tough on the regular campaign so far outside of a couple of enemies, or when they spontaneously appear all around you and start shooting you at the same time. Sniper rifle with electric bullets pretty much wipes out everything at long range, and pistol with zoom burst + acid bullets does the same at close range.

Not to worry, playthrough 2 will solve all the "low difficulty" issues

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

jobehaix posted:

I'm only a Level 35 so I don't have anything worth a poo poo, but I'll take some of these dupes, if you'll be so kind. I feel bad for being worthless at this game.

PSN jobehaix

You won't be able to use any of these for quite some time, but I can still dupe it if you'd like.

jobehaix
Feb 16, 2004

A turtle? Yes, a turtle.

abaddonis posted:

You won't be able to use any of these for quite some time, but I can still dupe it if you'd like.
Yeah, I know I have a ways to go. :( Thanks, I'll be online!

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

abaddonis posted:

Any PS3 goons want to do some duping later on tonite around 7:30 ET? All I'm looking for is a melee rubi, love thumper, norfleet, evil smasher, or slagga (all level 50)

I could use a level 50 Deliverance since the one I got from that level 50 unique was a level 48 just to spite me :argh:. I got the ones you're looking for aside from melee rubi and Norfleet. Love Thumper is really easy to get so dunno why you want to dupe one but whatever.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Marogareh posted:

I could use a level 50 Deliverance since the one I got from that level 50 unique was a level 48 just to spite me :argh:. I got the ones you're looking for aside from melee rubi and Norfleet. Love Thumper is really easy to get so dunno why you want to dupe one but whatever.

I finished the quest and sold it a long time thinking it was garbage

jobehaix
Feb 16, 2004

A turtle? Yes, a turtle.

abaddonis posted:

Thanks for taking the time to not only dupe some weapons, but also level me up. It's a good feel, bro.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

jobehaix posted:

Thanks for taking the time to not only dupe some weapons, but also level me up. It's a good feel, bro.

No problem. And thanks to Marogareh for the dupes as well. I was getting tired of farming doc mercy

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I know this has been answered before, but I can't remember--my friend and I are playing TVHM and want to save the good quests for level 50 / play through 2.5.

Can we talk to quest givers to see what the rewards are, and as long as we don't accept the quest, they will be level 50 quests in 2.5?

Or do we need to not talk to any side quest givers at all, because talking to them locks the quest level?

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

A Strange Aeon posted:

I know this has been answered before, but I can't remember--my friend and I are playing TVHM and want to save the good quests for level 50 / play through 2.5.

Can we talk to quest givers to see what the rewards are, and as long as we don't accept the quest, they will be level 50 quests in 2.5?

Or do we need to not talk to any side quest givers at all, because talking to them locks the quest level?

I believe that you should not talk to the quest giver until you are 50 and have beat play through 2. That way the quests scale to 2.5 and you get level 50 quest rewards. Good feature that gearbox put in is that you can get a general idea what the reward is by going to the quest tab in the menu and looking at all the undiscovered quests from each area.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I made a video of me killing Hyperius solo because I don't think my description was very clear. Needless to say, I love the Evil Smasher glitch. Being able to use a shock Infinity on a shock/anarchy Mechro with a 30% shock damage relic? Yeah, it's pretty loving amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL0otQ154tQ

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Kifisonfire posted:

I made a video of me killing Hyperius solo because I don't think my description was very clear. Needless to say, I love the Evil Smasher glitch. Being able to use a shock Infinity on a shock/anarchy Mechro with a 30% shock damage relic? Yeah, it's pretty loving amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL0otQ154tQ
That glitch is pretty much my favorite thing too. I'm also quite fond of the Evil Smasher/Infinity combo. Glitch disappears when you reload? What is this "reload" thing you speak of?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

A Strange Aeon posted:

just don't accept them and they will scale. If you accept, it locks to your level.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
If only the ES glitch didn't reset when you started gunzerking :argh:

shagster104
Jan 3, 2012
Anybody wanna help me kill master gee today? GT is shagster104

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Gearbox released patch notes for a new patch tomorrow, Adjustments to the bee are in: http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22147216-xbox-360-update-information

General

Modified profile behavior to better protect Badass Rank and related data.
Added functionality to detect and restore Badass Rank in the event it was lost. To ensure you are credited for as much progress as possible, please load your character, select "Continue" on the Main Menu, and then "Save and Quit" after you enter the world. Repeat this process for each character in your character list.
Fixed an issue that caused players to sometimes crash or freeze after killing Master Gee in the Captain Scarlett DLC.
Added a confirmation dialog when opening the Golden Chest in Sanctuary.
Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck zoomed in when in "Fight For Your Life" mode.
Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause skill points to be reset when loading a character.
Fixed a bug that could cause weapons to not stop firing when the "Gunzerking Autoswitch" option was enabled.
Fixed the Mechromancer's Anarchy skill sometimes losing stacks incorrectly for multiplayer clients.
Fixed some cases where enemies were getting stuck and unable to move.
“Inverted reverse steering" option now works correctly for clients in a multiplayer game.
Fixed an issue that could cause the trade icon to get stuck on the screen.
Fixed a bug where a splitscreen player would sometimes not receive the appropriate default weapon when creating a new character.
Fixed a bug that could cause the message "processing vehicle change request" to get stuck on the screen.

Missions

Fixed a bug that could cause enemies and missions to be locked to an incorrect level.
Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
Plan B
Wildlife Preservation
Mighty Morphin
Fink's Slaughterhouse
Animal Rescue: Food
The Man Who Would Be Jack
Get To Know Jack
Where Angels Fear to Tread
Trailer Trashing
Clan War: First Place
Stalker of Stalkers
The Once and Future Slab
Home Movies
Shielded Favors
You Are Cordially Invited: Tea Party
(Captain Scarlett) Freedom of Speech
Fixed a bug where the player's active mission would sometimes fall back to main-game missions when completing other missions in DLC areas.
Fixed a bug that could cause mission waypoints to not display in DLC areas.
Reduced level of Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC raid bosses in Normal Mode.
Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC raid bosses no longer drop Seraph crystals in Normal Mode.
Fixed a bug where Master Gee (Captain Scarlett DLC) would sometimes not drop any items when killed.
Increased the health of Terramorphous, Willhelm, and Blue.
Addressed an infinite leveling exploit with Fleshstick.

Equipment

Fixed a bug that could cause players to lose mission rewards that they had not claimed when switching between Normal mode and True Vault Hunter mode.
Fixed a bug causing the item-of-the-day not displaying "sold out" sometimes when opening a vending machine where the item had already been purchased.
Fixed a bug that could cause non-droppable inventory to be lost when trying to equip it from the world.
Fixed the player's backpack sort setting not persisting.
Fixed a bug that could cause players' backpacks to display empty under rare circumstances when trading.
Fixed a bug that could cause the critical hit bonus to inconsistently be included on the item card of weapons that modify this stat like Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch.
Fixed bug causing Tediore reloads to get Amplify shield damage bonuses for each round remaining in the clip.
Fixed an exploit giving the player unlimited grenades by picking up a specific grenade mod.
Fixed customization items getting sorted as "ammo" in the inventory.
Amplify damage from Amplify Shields is now divided among all projectiles fired from a single shot.
Balance adjustments to "The Bee":
Increased Recharge Delay
Significantly increased Recharge Rate
Reduced Amplify damage
Additional miscellaneous balance tweaks.

Challenges

Added "(undiscovered)" entries to the challenge log for challenges that the player has not yet found.
Fixed challenges showing inaccurate completion amounts for area-specific challenges.
Players can now reset all challenge progress for a character once they've completed 85% of all non-DLC, non-area-specific challenge levels. This will keep the player's current challenge bonuses and rank, but reset all challenge progress to 0 and allow challenges to be re-completed for additional ranks and bonuses. This option will appear as a tooltip at the bottom of the “challenges” screen within the status menu if the player has met the criteria.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
So I just need an Infinity and a Norfleet now... God those will take forever to grind.

edit: looks like I need them now before the Bee gets nerfed.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I'll be on the 360 tonight (in the next 20 minutes or so) and am willing to help people farm non dlc stuff/dupe some stuff. In game is crunkjuice108.

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000

Minorities posted:

When I first saw that space station in the sky I said to myself, "yup, gonna be blowin' that thing up at some point". I was let down when I reached the end credits.

Kifisonfire posted:

Bee shield, Evil Smasher glitch, Norfleet, slag grenades and a Terra class mod (For the fire damage boost).

Basically I did the ES glitch enough that I didn't need to reload the Norfleet, slagged him and rained death with the rocket launcher afterwards.

Then his minions killed me because gently caress their dumb shields.

Yup, that evil smasher glitch will annihilate anything. You can combine the smasher glitch with infinite ammo glitch too.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I too would like help leveling up.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Crunkjuice posted:

I'll be on the 360 tonight (in the next 20 minutes or so) and am willing to help people farm non dlc stuff/dupe some stuff. In game is crunkjuice108.

I will also be on 360, around 8:30 central if anyone wants legendary vomit, just shoot me a message here or in game. GT: arkitekt4k

If it says I'm watching netflix I won't get messages/invites cuz means I'm still watching cartoons with my daughter.

I'm looking for a good touch, Siren/Gunzerker legendary mods, and hahahaha a cobra. Can dupe norfleet, slagga, baby maker, a couple white deaths, sham, terra shield and grenade, and a grillion other legendaries.

Sucks they're going to nerf the bee, but it took a lot of the challenge out of some encounters. Not that there aren't still a bunch of ways to make them trivial.

delpheye fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 13, 2012

kalamaf
Mar 1, 2007

Dr.Smasher posted:

I solo'd Hyperius with a 'zerker using a Bee, 2 babymakers and the Tediore relic that increases damage or something by 70%. Hit zerk mode, hold both triggers and keep mashing the reload button so that the guns get thrown at Hyperious with nearly full clips. He killed me when he was still around 30% health but I had the "zerk in Fight for your life mode" skill so I just kept shooting and reloading til he died and I came back to life.

He didn't drop any crystals though, the cheap bastard!

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I haven't been very impressed with the Seraph items. Torgue is better but only because there are oranges in the vending machines, but for 600+ it's obvious Gearbox expects people to grind challenges forever. The only way I finished the 3rd race was with an afterburner relic.

At this point, I just want to blow up a moon base.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Those patch notes look exactly the same as the PC patch that's been out for a while. Get your Evil Smashers ready!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
My 360 gamertag is Jub Jub V1. I'll be in the game if anyone doesn't mind leveling me up to 50. :)

• Locked thread