Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I... I'm torn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

She reminds me of that girl on youtube that always makes videos about weabo stuff.

Her.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

This is still slightly better than most other otaku lairs, the vinyl figurines seem to have some balance in terms of sex objects vs obviously non-sexy things, and I don't get the impression that she's having sex with most of the plushies. The body pillows are still disturbing though.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Zeth posted:

These threads always give me mixed feelings. On one hand, the worst squalor I've lived in has at least been all clutter and no...rot, but at the same time, it makes me horribly ashamed that I turned my bedroom into something that could be theoretically posted here. Fortunately I managed to get it all straightened out, mainly by throwing the majority of the stuff at Goodwill, but, ugh. Sadly (fortunately?) I never took any pictures.

You and me both, buddy... You and me both. :unsmith:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

platedlizard posted:

This is still slightly better than most other otaku lairs, the vinyl figurines seem to have some balance in terms of sex objects vs obviously non-sexy things, and I don't get the impression that she's having sex with most of the plushies. The body pillows are still disturbing though.

Nope, its just as bad. Add 80lbs to her and suddenly she is an obsessed gross freak that could never land a real man. Or just change her sex and weight/looks suddenly don't matter at all.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Actually, yeah; compared to the single-waifu shrines she's actually got a bit of diversity to her giant stash. Clean, too

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

redmercer posted:

Clean, too

Still weird and cluttered, but clean goes a long way to making weird or cluttered acceptable to other people.

Dusting all those animes looks like it would be a loving pain in the arse though.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

I'd let it slide.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

She reminds me of that girl on youtube that always makes videos about weabo stuff.

Her.

I don't see the resemblance.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
The presence of a woman does not take away from the horror that is anime body pillows or half-nude anime girl figurines.

What is wrong with you people.

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008
I bet some of those other rooms belong to normal looking people as well. You people are incredibly naive if you think the intentions can't be as creepy when belonging a girl.

"AlphaDog' posted:

Still weird and cluttered, but clean goes a long way to making weird or cluttered acceptable to other people.

Proving this in the example given should be a James Randi foundation million dollar challenge.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

There's a penis on the dude-pillow.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Dodecalypse posted:

The presence of a woman does not take away from the horror that is anime body pillows or half-nude anime girl figurines.

All that's a lightswitch away from being outta sight.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nope, its just as bad. Add 80lbs to her and suddenly she is an obsessed gross freak that could never land a real man. Or just change her sex and weight/looks suddenly don't matter at all.

I'm wondering how much fat those dolls are hiding. It's like a super nerdy myspace shot, but using anime dolls instead of angles to hide the excess.

Inpossible
Oct 9, 2012

Dodecalypse posted:

And we have all seen what the facebook angle can do to a person.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

crime fighting hog posted:

If you're that hard up for a lay, consider re-examining your life priorities.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jesus christ you people are goonier than that room

squid jerky
Dec 25, 2005

Despite being the life of the party, the drunken rat finds immense difficulty in balancing on a stick.

Oh man that is horror show nasty, I feel physically sick.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Leper Residue posted:

I'm wondering how much fat those dolls are hiding. It's like a super nerdy myspace shot, but using anime dolls instead of angles to hide the excess.

That was my first thought. "At least she's pretty and she has big boo--ohhh, yeah, what are those dolls hiding?" But I didn't want to seem catty, so...yeah it's still gross and weird even though she's a cute girl.

And honestly I don't even feel that great saying that. Yeah, to me it seems weird, but she keeps her poo poo clean and neat even if it's not something I'd be into. Ask her if she thinks it's weird that I have to wear a certain outfit when the Ravens are playing or they won't win (last week I forgot the crow necklace), and I think she'd have the same expression on her face as I do now.

Maggie Fletcher has a new favorite as of 09:10 on Dec 7, 2012

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Alouicious posted:

Jesus christ you people are goonier than that room

There's a reason why Daikatana Ritsu put up those pictures so we can all enjoy the gooniest responses :allears:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

There's a reason why Daikatana Ritsu put up those pictures so we can all enjoy the gooniest responses :allears:

Dude is way too good at manipulating goons. See also: the old Image Macro thread

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.
Fewer words more pictures, T I A.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

AlphaDog posted:

Dusting all those animes looks like it would be a loving pain in the arse though.

Keeping all of those things clean and arranged is not a sign of a healthy mind.

Being able to sit in a room with that riot of color and shape without eye-bleeding is really not a good sign.

That room is crazy and anyone who keeps a room like that is crazy.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

That room is crazy and anyone who keeps a room like that is crazy.

Is it still crazy if instead of anime figurines/memorabilia it were some other excessive collection? For example, I once visited a guys house (recently divorced) who was living on his own in a 3 BR apartment, and since he was living alone he brought along pretty much all of his gaming needs. He slept on a futon in his living room in front of a big TV, and each room was just packed, very neatly, with a different kind of huge collection. One was WW2 style wargames, and other such things. Collection just as huge and extensive, but not anime. Also, neat and orderly house, and had a very good stable job.

I mean, he obviously was a huge goon, but a nice articulate man who otherwise had his life together.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

swmmrmanshen posted:

Is it still crazy if instead of anime figurines/memorabilia it were some other excessive collection? For example, I once visited a guys house (recently divorced) who was living on his own in a 3 BR apartment, and since he was living alone he brought along pretty much all of his gaming needs. He slept on a futon in his living room in front of a big TV, and each room was just packed, very neatly, with a different kind of huge collection. One was WW2 style wargames, and other such things. Collection just as huge and extensive, but not anime. Also, neat and orderly house, and had a very good stable job.

I mean, he obviously was a huge goon, but a nice articulate man who otherwise had his life together.

Well I suppose gaming is a little bit different because the guy may actually want all that stuff around so he can use it to enjoy his hobby. If you enjoy gaming and have money to burn, there are a shitload of different genres and platforms you can go through before you run out of stuff to collect. But none of that is as useless as a figurine or a poster that just sits there while you stare at it.

Still, it does indicate a lack of ability, or in some cases desire, to connect with other people. I know for myself people consider me relatively articulate, and not socially awkward in any obvious way. Yet I still feel distant from people and have had very few close relationships. Everything is not always what it seems.

dangittj
Jan 25, 2006

The Force is strong with this one

swmmrmanshen posted:

Maybe a little crazy, just for the sleeping on a futon in the living room.

Creepy, no, absolutely not. I think the creep factor with most of the anime stuff is the fact that it's thousands of creepy underage girls in various stages of undress.....

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

crime fighting hog posted:

And then you wake up the next morning with your face pillowed on some anime dong.

waste of internet
Sep 13, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DrBouvenstein posted:

Her.

That's the type of girl you don't actually wind up getting with, even if she's interested in you. You just keep drinking, drinking, drinking, drinking and agreeing with everything she says. Right as you're about to close the deal, you fall to the ground, piss your pants and wake up the next day in the drunk tank.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
A guided tour of that otaku girl's room.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lgGjXZoIZw

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Now, I want you to imagine this guy living below the floorboards of this fine fellow: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=400874084

This made my week, thanks.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

waste of internet posted:

What's the story behind GutterMonkey? Did he just live in a crawlspace and eventually kill himself? I'm seriously curious as to how his life came down to those events. There must be an E/N thread somewhere. Nobody just decides "Hey, I'm gonna live in a water logged crawl space."

All these crawlspace nerdcaves would have been wonderful when I was younger.... If they weren't covered in jizz and full of pissbottles.

OK, waste of internet tried to ask this but got the name wrong, so I'll ask again. Anyone know bunk monkey's story? I've seen the pics of the crawlspace for years now but no back story (there's not a SAclopedia entry). Whose house was he living under? His folks? Did he have a job? How do we know he committed suicide? (man, what a depressingly sad life)

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

t_violet posted:

OK, waste of internet tried to ask this but got the name wrong, so I'll ask again. Anyone know bunk monkey's story? I've seen the pics of the crawlspace for years now but no back story (there's not a SAclopedia entry). Whose house was he living under? His folks? Did he have a job? How do we know he committed suicide? (man, what a depressingly sad life)

There was a thread in the Gas Chamber (can't find it now) where someone asked this. BungMonkey popped in and said he was still alive. I started to read the whole thing but it got really boring after two or three pages. Far as I know, he's still alive. Whether he's still in the crawl space, no idea.

E: actually now that I think about it, the colors on the page were pink, not green. What subforum is pink?

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Maggie Fletcher posted:

There was a thread in the Gas Chamber (can't find it now) where someone asked this. BungMonkey popped in and said he was still alive. I started to read the whole thing but it got really boring after two or three pages. Far as I know, he's still alive. Whether he's still in the crawl space, no idea.

E: actually now that I think about it, the colors on the page were pink, not green. What subforum is pink?

FYAD

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
And LF, if I'm not mistaken.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

beato posted:

A guided tour of that otaku girl's room.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lgGjXZoIZw

Her figurines have their own miniature body pillows :psyduck:

That's a layer of anime obsession I never thought I'd see.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And they have tiny shelves full of even tinier figures. Its body pillows all the way down.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
I take back everything I said about her. Body pillows for her figurines is truly goonish. We should be grateful there aren't miniature piss bottles.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
She's still pretty hot, psychosis aside. At least she's made a pseudo-career out of it by doing whatever review thing she was talking about in the video.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TShields posted:

She's still pretty hot, psychosis aside. At least she's made a pseudo-career out of it by doing whatever review thing she was talking about in the video.

Please, tell me more how this batshit crazy person is "pretty hot" because she isn't too overweight and showers now and again despite living in a terrifying goonette cave full of insanity in pink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Stultus Maximus posted:

Please, tell me more how this batshit crazy person is "pretty hot" because she isn't too overweight and showers now and again despite living in a terrifying goonette cave full of insanity in pink.

I think by "pretty hot" he meant huge boobs. She is absolutely terrifying though.

• Locked thread