Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

Please, tell me more how this batshit crazy person is "pretty hot" because she isn't too overweight and showers now and again despite living in a terrifying goonette cave full of insanity in pink.

Stop it, stop it, you're giving everyone goon boners with your sexy talk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

Please, tell me more how this batshit crazy person is "pretty hot" because she isn't too overweight and showers now and again despite living in a terrifying goonette cave full of insanity in pink.

Probably in the attractive face and shapely body part, you know, where "hot" would normally describe.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
This thread is fast becoming my favorite goon lair.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

No one cares, we all want to motorboat her titties, I don't care if she's doing a one-woman version of a My Little Pony episode when I do it, I just want to motorboat those titties.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
"So what if there are blatant mental problems, she's not obviously deformed" is how E/N threads are made.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
The thing that confuses me that if they were porcelain dolls or horses or some poo poo, people would be crawling over themselves to call her nuts. What is it about this behavior with anime poo poo that makes people more forgiving?

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Stormageddon posted:

This thread is fast becoming my favorite goon lair.

It's going strange places now

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Beige posted:

Wait whats going on here? Isn't that the dong pillow from earlier oh god no

kamiikoneko
Oct 31, 2008

When we got done with her, her name was just "The Mary"...

Falls Down Stairs posted:

I've been letting my cleanliness slip. This thread is a good kick in the rear end.

My... "favourite" part of this room has always been my complete inability to figure out what the colossal grey lumps are.

My favorite part has always been what looks like a murdered Tin Man in the back right.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth
I have some more pictures from the original goon hovel.

Some sort of information central.

"floor"

At least he appears to have a bow to fend off invading morlocs.

Inner workings.

Expanded information central.

Adrastus
Apr 1, 2012

by toby

Beige posted:

A cold shiver just went down my spine

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Beige posted:

The calls are coming from inside the house.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What is bungmonkey actually doing on all of those monitors?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Heath posted:

What is bungmonkey actually doing on all of those monitors?

Yeah, and what are the devices on the left? I see so many dials and buttons and I'm fascinated.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
And why is it always CRT displays? Every time a horrifying hovel is posted, it's full of those huge fuckers.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It's really sad that they can't even muster the energy to make their lovely living situation somewhat manageable. I'd at least try to make the place homely instead of disease ridden.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
People who live in the crawl space cannot afford flatscreens.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
They can be had very cheap these days. The only LCD's with that are so easy to get are so horrible that they're not worth using.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Those coke bottles under the desk there appear to predate the photo by like 20 years.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled
There's a guy in the headphone thread asking for recommendations. Someone notices his Gabe Newell poster and asks about it, so he posts his whole room.

Dear lord if he's buying the headphones I think he is I hope he takes better care of it than this. :what: Kudos to everyone in the headphone thread for not instantly derailing and making fun of him though! Let's make fun of him here.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Call Now posted:

And why is it always CRT displays? Every time a horrifying hovel is posted, it's full of those huge fuckers.

Some of these pics are kinda old.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

glompix posted:

There's a guy in the headphone thread asking for recommendations. Someone notices his Gabe Newell poster and asks about it, so he posts his whole room.

Dear lord if he's buying the headphones I think he is I hope he takes better care of it than this. :what: Kudos to everyone in the headphone thread for not instantly derailing and making fun of him though! Let's make fun of him here.
I'm not seeing anything too terrible here, it has a floor you can see and everything! I have slept in much worse rooms than that. Maybe I am just desensitised to this now though after the other things I've seen in this thread... things that can never be forgotten :smith:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Redundant posted:

I'm not seeing anything too terrible here, it has a floor you can see and everything! I have slept in much worse rooms than that. Maybe I am just desensitised to this now though after the other things I've seen in this thread... things that can never be forgotten :smith:

It's kinda messy (assuming that bottle is filled with Orange juice), but it's not that bad. If I go a few days without picking stuff up, my room starts to look like that.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why are there knives on the floor?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
The bigger question is why is it cobbled together from five different photos?

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

rt4 posted:

Why is there a Duke Nukem Forever poster? :catstare:

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

rt4 posted:

Where else would you store knives?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

rt4 posted:

Constant readiness for home-invasion situations.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Redundant posted:

I like his tate setup. Probably does some sick shmupin' from that battlestation.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
The knives are offerings to the great Gabe Newell.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Fandyien posted:

Those coke bottles under the desk there appear to predate the photo by like 20 years.

Hard to tell, you can still get old Coke bottles like that if you go to certain areas that have a lot of Hispanic stores. A few Walmarts and Hy-Vee stores in my area still have bottled Coke imported from Mexico, the glass bottles look identical to those ones.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Redundant posted:

You mean other than a big poster of Gabe Newell, a thing which should not even exist except maybe hanging up at a gym as a warning?

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Ozz81 posted:

Hard to tell, you can still get old Coke bottles like that if you go to certain areas that have a lot of Hispanic stores. A few Walmarts and Hy-Vee stores in my area still have bottled Coke imported from Mexico, the glass bottles look identical to those ones.

Mexican coke is fairly popular around here. It's made with sugar cane (or at least it used to be) and there's something a bit different about the formulation that makes it taste sweeter and better. You can get it at any of those little Mexican groceries around here pretty easily.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I live in Orange County, California and see those bottles almost anywhere I can buy soda. So yeah, not strange.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

beato posted:

A guided tour of that otaku girl's room.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lgGjXZoIZw

The strangest thing about that video is the almost complete lack of enthusiasm the girl displayed when she was touring around her room. You'd think that someone with such a huge collection would be eager to explain exactly what every thing was and how rare / valuable / awesome they are but she was just standing there going, 'these are some figures... some books... some more figures' :geno:

I swear there was a point about halfway through the video (when she got to the books and DVDs) where the self-awareness cortex of her brain kicked in and started going 'look at this, look at what your life has become. How much money have you spent on all this junk for what purpose?' and she almost became embarrased and just sort of glossed-over the rest of her collection.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I always assumed these otaku nerds would relish any opportunity to sperg about their collections, even if it is just to a camera. I guess for some of them it just becomes a compulsion like any other hoarding behaviour amd even if they seem vaguely normal and have a clean room at the end of the day they're still slaves to their horde of soulless, dead-eyed plastic waifus.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

cyberia posted:

The strangest thing about that video is the almost complete lack of enthusiasm the girl displayed when she was touring around her room. You'd think that someone with such a huge collection would be eager to explain exactly what every thing was and how rare / valuable / awesome they are but she was just standing there going, 'these are some figures... some books... some more figures' :geno:

I swear there was a point about halfway through the video (when she got to the books and DVDs) where the self-awareness cortex of her brain kicked in and started going 'look at this, look at what your life has become. How much money have you spent on all this junk for what purpose?' and she almost became embarrased and just sort of glossed-over the rest of her collection.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I always assumed these otaku nerds would relish any opportunity to sperg about their collections, even if it is just to a camera. I guess for some of them it just becomes a compulsion like any other hoarding behaviour amd even if they seem vaguely normal and have a clean room at the end of the day they're still slaves to their horde of soulless, dead-eyed plastic waifus.

That's because for collectors the best part of collecting is actually finding and getting The Thing. Once they have The Thing and the novelty wears off it becomes much less interesting and they have to get a New Thing to get that high again. My dad's like that about rock collecting. Replace all that anime junk with minerals and fossils and meteorites and you have his living room. So her lack of enthusiasm for everything but her more recent collectibles makes sense to me.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

platedlizard posted:

That's because for collectors the best part of collecting is actually finding and getting The Thing. Once they have The Thing and the novelty wears off it becomes much less interesting and they have to get a New Thing to get that high again. My dad's like that about rock collecting. Replace all that anime junk with minerals and fossils and meteorites and you have his living room. So her lack of enthusiasm for everything but her more recent collectibles makes sense to me.

I hadn't thought about that aspect of it. I'm a giant sperg about a few things (vinyl, antique lithographs, old cyberpunk books) but the stuff I'm collecting comes from a shallow pool and I can only afford to buy a few pieces a year so I love sperging about everything in my (small) collections because it's all important to me. I guess if you collect anime figurines and have literally hundreds of the same character while there are still thousands of variants you don't have then each one becomes less important as a single entity and more about being part of the overall horde.

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

glompix posted:

It's already been mentioned, but it deserves to be mentioned again. A Gaben poster next to a DNF poster.

Jesus, I hope he put those up ironically or something.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I don't care about the posters, but that garish red wallpaper makes me want to vomit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
That's paint. Look at the corner. Our library is painted a slightly brighter red.

• Locked thread