Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Bubble-T posted:

The facepalm from an opposition player really makes that gif.

Yep, every single player reacts in astonishment to that miss, it's incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

T. Mascis posted:

Yep, every single player reacts in astonishment to that miss, it's incredible

Dunno man they all look relieved. Been there, and it's too quick to process other than "bad....good." Hand face guy was probably thrilled his poo poo marking didn't cost the team.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Mr Pepper posted:

How does wenger keep putting him out there?

I'm guessing its because Gervinho is so good at making runs and get in those positions to score. He scored a few at the start of the season and now he literally cant kick the ball. It's amazing how many easy goals he keeps loving up every match.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

euroboy posted:

I'm guessing its because Gervinho is so good at making runs and get in those positions to score. He scored a few at the start of the season and now he literally cant kick the ball. It's amazing how many easy goals he keeps loving up every match.

Buy Shane Long. He makes twice as many good runs a game and can actually score with some of them, too!

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

sassassin posted:

Buy Shane Long. He makes twice as many good runs a game and can actually score with some of them, too!

code:
          App | Subs | Goals | Assists | Shots | On Target 
Gervinho    9      3       3         0      22           5 (£11m) 
Long       13      2       5         4      24          11 (£5m)
Why would Arsene do something silly like that?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Mario and Carlos wrapping presents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkPTAfYn1mM

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Mr Pepper posted:

How does wenger keep putting him out there?

He's the encapsulation of Arsenal the last 10 years - great buildup and inevitable fluffing when should've scored.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Bradford's chairman:

:laugh:

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Petr Cheque.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Thats some really poo poo facial hair

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

All Chelsea players to wear helmets during Club World Cup

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Everybody looks poo poo with that dumb helmet

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Vegetable posted:

Everybody looks poo poo with that dumb helmet

Cech isn't wearing it for looks though

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

T. Mascis posted:

Cech isn't wearing it for looks though

His Doc said he doesn't have to wear it anymore so it must be his lucky charm now.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I think even if the Doctor signed off on it I'd wear it anyway, just in case.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Yeah, he has played for so long with it on he is used to it being there. No reason to take it off at this point. Plus all of the safety features (airbag, head warmer, ect.).

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp4_OGnfvbA

Bearproof
Dec 18, 2008

"Tell me how you play and I will tell you who you are"

This is hilarious! Tevez genuinely treats Balotelli like a five year old

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
La Belle Zlatan, both Swedish, both play for PSG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwQfR7BS4a8

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

You wake up and slowly open your eyes to see...

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Various people have been playing up the Asllani/Ibrahimovic tie for a while now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOnh2CNuLWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko1Pk9H-wrY

She's a fan, so it makes sense.

I haven't watched much of the Swedish women's team (did they make it to the last world cup?), so I have no idea how good she really is, but she seems like a pretty good player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYzslKiEUtk

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Is this the same Swedish lady that it was reported some EPL clubs were trying to sign a few years back? I seem to remember that being a thing that happened.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

A bunch of well-meaning, but not handsome, footballers visited Alder Hey Children's Healthcare Hospital.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/pics-reds-play-santa-at-alder-hey

And surprisingly not photoshopped...

Hopefully the kids felt good about the visit.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 12, 2012

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Im sure its a magic experience for both the kids & parents. I saw a little feature with the Man City players doing a similar visit thing on Sky this weekend. It breaks my heart & brings a tear to my eye.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Something, something, Suarez isn't in the picture with the black kid...

This is amazing.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

this kid is so loving badass I dont even know where to begin

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

TyChan posted:

A bunch of well-meaning, but not handsome, footballers visited Alder Hey Children's Healthcare Hospital.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/pics-reds-play-santa-at-alder-hey

And surprisingly not photoshopped...

Hopefully the kids felt good about the visit.

Is the last one really not photoshopped? It's amazing but it's a different resolution to the others and it's not on the site you linked

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Paperhouse posted:

Is the last one really not photoshopped? It's amazing but it's a different resolution to the others and it's not on the site you linked

Somebody on RAWK got a non-watermarked version of this picture.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Machinegunboyo posted:

this kid is so loving badass I dont even know where to begin

Ballotelli jr.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Paperhouse posted:

It's really not that amazing, Liverpool (as a city) is well known for the relationship between the rival teams. I wouldn't be surprised if that kid had one (or more) family members who was a Red. And hey, they're premiership footballers, which kid WOULDN'T want to have their photo with them.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Here's the Spurs Christmas cheer :3:

Spurs Website posted:

"It’s something the players always look forward to," said Brad. "As anyone who has children will know, you can have the worst day at work but you get home and see the kids smiling then everything is better. It’s the same here, you see the kids smile and it makes life that much clearer.

"Thankfully at Harlow, it looks like the kids we met will get home for Christmas, so fingers crossed, and if we can put a few smiles on faces in the meantime it’s always a nice gesture."

Michael added: "The Club takes part in a lot of activities throughout the year and this is one we all enjoy. It's all about the kids - unfortunately, they are in hospital at this time of year but hopefully we help put a smile on their faces."

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

EvilHawk posted:

It's really not that amazing, Liverpool (as a city) is well known for the relationship between the rival teams. I wouldn't be surprised if that kid had one (or more) family members who was a Red. And hey, they're premiership footballers, which kid WOULDN'T want to have their photo with them.
I didn't mean I was surprised by it or anything, I meant amazing as in hilarious. Just look at it it's funny as heck

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Paperhouse posted:

Just look at it it's funny as heck
The more I look at it the funnier I find it.

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.
Best of the Spurs photos:

It's Hugo Lloris! Seriously though, that kid rules. Great smile.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:
Seeing those kids in hospital breaks my heart. Good on all the players who get out there to bring a smile to both the kids and the parents who need it.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Nice to see Sterling getting along with the squad

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I used to volunteer round an orphanage when I was in high school. All we did was play games and arrange a secret santa so high schoolers bought gifts for kids but just having someone else to interact with that isn't their caregiver or who's being paid to look after them makes a big difference, I think. Good on these players.

The Sun tells me that Celtic did the same thing the other day, at the hospital Tony Watt used to be in all the time when he was a kid for his asthma.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I wanted to share the vid of Stoke going to North Staff but its behind a paywall :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3U7or5vW8I

It's never going to end, is it? They're never going to suck.

• Locked thread