Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Motojournal have released a video explaining thelead up to the FJR dock dive incident, has english subs if you turn on the captions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DYSPYbqW3A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DYSPYbqW3A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

I should have pulled out my dSLR.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Big tank upgrade, 1000km range!

Where is that? Everything looks awesome about that shot.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Hoover Dam at about 6:30am on my way to Vegas :v:

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Gullous posted:

Good news

The New 690 Duke is coming to America! Or so rumors Asphalt and Rubber. 690CCs, ABS which allows backing-it-in and wheelie control. :catdrugs: We'll get a different version than Europe, but that's mostly been DOT crap like light specs on previous versions. We'll see...

Sexy as it is I'm pretty wary of KTMs these days. My buddy has been having electrical problems with his Duke 690 and I've heard of others having odd issues as well.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/12/04/honda-rc1000v-concept-bike/
...boner.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Hey, honda CAN design a decent set of headlights! Who knew.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
God drat it Honda, what the gently caress happened to you? Every single street bike you make except the CB1100 is now ugly. Please fire your styling dept

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The headlights remind me of the robots in Descent.

Philanthropy!
Nov 8, 2012

RIDE A NEW BIKE, BECAUSE MORE HORSEPOWER EQUALS SAFER THAN
The Triumph Daytona is a beautiful bike. The absolute peak was the 09+, before the 2013. I notice yours is a pre 09. The 2013 doesn't look quite right. Side exhaust, some tomfoolery with the headlights... Like "we have salaried engineers, rather than letting a good thing be, lets make the fuckers work". I think it's growing on me but I'm trying to fight it.

So upset there's no underseat exhaust anymore.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

aventari posted:

God drat it Honda, what the gently caress happened to you? Every single street bike you make except the CB1100 is now ugly. Please fire your styling dept

They've been slowly undoing that snub-nosed design they came out with on the CBR, which is good, because that was really ugly.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Calm down everyone. That concept bike is a photoshop by Kar Lee (Performance Bikes), not official Honda material.

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008

Philanthropy! posted:

The Triumph Daytona is a beautiful bike. The absolute peak was the 09+, before the 2013. I notice yours is a pre 09. The 2013 doesn't look quite right. Side exhaust, some tomfoolery with the headlights... Like "we have salaried engineers, rather than letting a good thing be, lets make the fuckers work". I think it's growing on me but I'm trying to fight it.

08 is best :colbert:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDppP3zuT1w

Don't gently caress up.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
If you poke around the related videos or do some searching you can find full races hd onboard.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Philanthropy! posted:

I just personally hate really bulky low exhausts. Everything's so sleek and then boom, huge boxy can under the passenger peg. It's like they're trying to force you to get an aftermarket exhaust.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

If you do... there is a video floating around of what happens. RIP.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

I think that might top the "guy climbing up the transmission tower" vid for pure "balls in the throat" hosed-uppedness.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

ThatCguy posted:

I think that might top the "guy climbing up the transmission tower"

Whoa, what video is that?

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbEqnLjHyf8

Vertigo-inducing.

glassbottle
Aug 15, 2003
Witty one-liner.
Here are a few more pictures of bikes from the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum in Birmingham Alabama.

First up is a 1996 Britten V-1000, this example is number 7 of the 10 total built.

Second is a 1923 Scott Sprint Special, one of the first motorcycles to include such things as water-cooling, oil injection, and rotary inlet valves.

Third and last is a 1949 Moto-Guzzi Airone Turismo.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

:stare:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie

I'm not afraid of heights and have done loads of touristy space needle and skyscraper junk without a problem, but that video weirded me out. One hell of a combo of shaky cam + super high. Wow.

Anyway... Bike photos.

I've just now seen the 2013 MV Augusta Rivale 800, and while I don't typically care for sport stylings something about this is really hot to me. Maybe it's one of those it's so ugly it's cute things?

Vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrLoQ5aaAOo
(turn on french captions and use the new beta translator if you care to)

quote:

The new MV Augusta Rivale was fully revealed to the public at the EICMA Motor Show this week. The bike features a modern design which puts accent on aggressivity and sportiness and competes directly against the Ducati Hypermotorad.

The bike is equipped with a 124 hp engine which reaches its peak power at 11600 rpm. The engine is basically the same used in the 675 model but it gained 12 ponies more and also offers a bigger torque, rated at 60 ft. lbs @ 8600. To give the bike a better balance, the engine received a counter rotating crankshaft, a technology usually found in MotoGP. The bike also comes with Ride-By-Wire throttle control and Augusta’s MVICS (Motor & Vehicle Integrated Control System) system which offers three engine maps.

The engine is mounted on a steel-trellis frame with single sided swingarm and aluminum alloy plates which help to keep the bike’s weight to as low as 375 lbs.

I can't say why, but I'd ride the poo poo out of that.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Halo_4am posted:

I'm not afraid of heights and have done loads of touristy space needle and skyscraper junk without a problem, but that video weirded me out. One hell of a combo of shaky cam + super high. Wow.

Anyway... Bike photos.

I've just now seen the 2013 MV Augusta Rivale 800, and while I don't typically care for sport stylings something about this is really hot to me. Maybe it's one of those it's so ugly it's cute things?

Vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrLoQ5aaAOo
(turn on french captions and use the new beta translator if you care to)

I can't say why, but I'd ride the poo poo out of that.

Sadly, it looks better in the dark.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

:buell:

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

They've been slowly undoing that snub-nosed design they came out with on the CBR, which is good, because that was really ugly.

aventari posted:

Whatever guys, the 08-11 CBR1k is hot

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

hayden. posted:

Yeah that's badass.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

hayden. posted:

What is that exhaust?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Taylormade's exhaust for that gen CBR.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hayden. posted:

Honda: Lets make a bike that looks like an owl got punched in the face.

*makes 08-11 CBR*

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

hayden. posted:

I agree, this gen CBR1K in silver and black is one of the best motorcycle paint schemes ever.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Sadly, it looks better in the dark.

Yeah, it's way too busy and in an obvious "Oh this will look cool" way. Compare to the F4 where although it's still busy and very, very sexy, you get a feeling that every little feature is there to make the bike faster or better, not just for cosmetic reasons:

Is Tamburini still at Agusta? It's a bit disappointing if that is one of his designs.

e: Quick Google tells me that he retired in 2008, and also that Harley now own MV Agusta, both of which make that bike make a little more sense IMO.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Dec 12, 2012

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
H-D haven't owned MV for a while, they got hosed hard by the Castiglioni's and sold it back to them for something ridiculous like 1 Euro.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Honda: Lets make a bike that looks like an owl got punched in the face.

*makes 08-11 CBR*

Eh, I think it's like the V-Strom: a face only a mother could love.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Crosspostin' this from the POV cam thread

nsaP posted:

Some highlights of a day of riding around the Red River Gorge in Eastern Kentucky this Autumn. I like hiking there more but the roads are nice and the colors of the leaves were great there. 9 minutes of mostly clips of interesting views/riding with a few image stills thrown in and some pictures of the fun parts of the Gorge at the end. I usually hate music tracks on riding videos but this one seemed incomplete without it, substitute your own riding music as needed :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVVnCc9oD5w

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_River_Gorge

Here's some extra pictures so this post isn't all text and link:

edit: This ride was on the roads in the upper right of this image. Nice sightseeing, but not the best for riding, and usually pretty busy as it's a popular place. Next time I ride down there I'm planning on heading to that loop on the bottom left, those roads look like a bit more fun and I think that loop is around 50 miles.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 12, 2012

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

I keep forgetting to share some of the cooler motos that share garage space with me in a facility in San Francisco...

My bike. 1995 Skorpion MZ Sport.

Some kind of Buell with a ridiculous intake.

One of the new Honda CBR250Rs.

Factory Aprilia Tuono, I think?

BMW buddies!

A special edition Ducati Paul Smart 1000LE. Super nice looking.

Some insane KTM thing. 990?

What is apparently becoming the forum's favorite race bike, a Daytona 675.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

What is apparently becoming the forum's favorite race bike, a Daytona 675.

People leave their boots by their bikes? This is a thing?

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

It's a private moto garage in a dense city - the best place to store gear for a lot of people (me included) is right next to my moto in the parking space. A one piece suit + boots + helmet + gloves + back protector takes up a decent amount of space in the small apartments typical of SF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

It's a private moto garage in a dense city - the best place to store gear for a lot of people (me included) is right next to my moto in the parking space. A one piece suit + boots + helmet + gloves + back protector takes up a decent amount of space in the small apartments typical of SF.

That seems like a great parking situation. What does something like that cost per month?