Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Alpha Phoenix posted:

This would really be the best option really, but begs the question of what they'd be riding. I doubt it'd be horses.

Pygs riding on top of cats. Battle cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Her next purchase should be one (not all, not even several, but definitely at least one) of the following:
Stalker
Gorax
Shifting Stones + UA
Megalith
Bloodtrackers

Good, relatively simple Warlocks that make anything good: pBaldur, pKrueger
Good with beast-heavy livings: eKaya, Kromac, eBaldur
Good with beast-heavy wolds: pBaldur, eBaldur, pKrueger
Complicated but awesome: eKrueger, Cassius, pretty much everyone else

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I've got it. Trolls running backwards on rolling logs

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

signalnoise posted:

A thousand times, this.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Fyrbrand posted:

That's the rumor that's going around. Only solid unit I've heard of is Gun Mage light cav, which hopefully will be as awesome as it sounds.

Real quick--it isn't just a rumor, they outright said it. Gun Mage, Bane Knight, and Greylord cav are all confirmed, and Idrian cav are implied in Colossals.

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

signalnoise posted:

Trolls running backwards on rolling kegs

Fixed that for you.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

JerryLee posted:

So if the speculation is that each faction will get one new caster, does that mean the new Morvahna is it for Circle for the foreseeable future?

Since no-one seems to have answered your question, my general impression is that they do about a book a year. I think Gargantuans is early 2013, with possibly another book late 2013?

Bear in mind that there's other non-caster options coming, like the Skinwalkers UA, plus there's a picture of a new satyr model floating around.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Pyrolocutus posted:

Since no-one seems to have answered your question, my general impression is that they do about a book a year. I think Gargantuans is early 2013, with possibly another book late 2013?

Bear in mind that there's other non-caster options coming, like the Skinwalkers UA, plus there's a picture of a new satyr model floating around.

Right now every system is getting a release once a year. We know the Gargantuans book is only giving each faction 1 new Warlock, so we won't be seeing new Warlocks until 2014.

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

Flipswitch posted:

Seeing as she only has the starterbox and has just looked at the book mainly, she like the Bloodtrackers (oh bollocks) and definately some of the non-construction beasts. She likes the stone dudes too though. I guess basically, what is the best/easiest way to branch out of the battlebox without having to buy a truck load of things?

Probably eKaya. eKaya and the 3 warbeasts that come in the battlebox is exactly 15 points (and not awful).

pBaldur next up, but could benefit from buying either some blood-trackers or a ton of constructs. pKreuger is in the same boat with wanting some unit infantry or stuff to spam Geomancy with, not just the mass war-beasts that you get with the starting box.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

signalnoise posted:

Welp, time to bust out the lincoln logs and greenstuff.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

Fixed that for you.

Gentlemen

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.
Have they confirmed what the Retribution Light Cav option will be?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sulecrist posted:

Her next purchase should be one (not all, not even several, but definitely at least one) of the following:
Stalker
Gorax
Shifting Stones + UA
Megalith
Bloodtrackers

Good, relatively simple Warlocks that make anything good: pBaldur, pKrueger
Good with beast-heavy livings: eKaya, Kromac, eBaldur
Good with beast-heavy wolds: pBaldur, eBaldur, pKrueger
Complicated but awesome: eKrueger, Cassius, pretty much everyone else
Sweet, cheers mate. Will write these down and browse about.

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

Probably eKaya. eKaya and the 3 warbeasts that come in the battlebox is exactly 15 points (and not awful).
You can jog on, I am not starting the arms race against eKaya. Almost every other Circle match I play at the FLGS devolves into eKaya vs eLylyth.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Can anyone give me a quick summary of each Troll caster? I still can't decide what kind of army I want to go for. All I know so far is "Both Doomshapers are for beast-heavy".

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

Can anyone give me a quick summary of each Troll caster? I still can't decide what kind of army I want to go for. All I know so far is "Both Doomshapers are for beast-heavy".
Borka Kegslayer

Everyone else.

Basically. Borka is the raddest.

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Borka Kegslayer

Everyone else.

Basically. Borka is the raddest.

This.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

His fluff is excellent. He looks like he's almost entirely infantry focused, with Iron Flesh and Mosh Pit, and a pretty decent beatstick himself. Or am I totally off-mark.

(e)Waaaaait. Barroom Blitz not only gives extra movement, but means beasts can make power attacks without forcing and get added dice on those power attacks?

That's a legit bar brawl, with everyone being thrown around the board.

Oh my :allears:

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 12, 2012

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

I also dug this up from like a hundred pages ago, because I used it when I was starting Trolls:

Alpha Phoenix posted:

High-five, I just started trollblood fairly recently. pMadrak is pretty sweet though with beasts, lots of good defensive abilities.

A lot of pros use one of the Doomshaper but he looks all hunched over and couldn't hold his whiskey, so I think it's safe to say they don't know what they're talking about.

So far I like Grim Angus. You shoot someone, and everyone on your team basically gets to kill them for free, which owns bones. The impaler you got in your box gives his AWP 17" range, which is phenominal. He also put your opponents def in the shitter so you can almost always autohit. I don't know who breaks the opponent's armour though.

Jarl Skuld looks awesome but if your opponent has high armour I don't think he could break it. But he can shoot into combat with no penalty, which is baller. The model only has one eye though, which doesn't make sense because of regeneration. I figure they eyepatch is a fashion statement.

Calandra apparently is awesome and people say she lets you cheat, but I haven't figured out how other than 'overload fury then burn it off with her spell' which is kinda sweet. Also you can reroll dice which is pretty keen when you're punching dudes on charge and throwing guys at other guys.

Gunnbjorn literally is holding a bazooka. That's all I need to say here.

Epic Madrak [like the one you have but with the good model] has a feat that basically gives you an extra turn once you're in melee, and he has a spell that lets you roll an extra die on your attacks. This means you get to make more attacks and roll more dice, which means you're objectively having more fun than your opponent.

The only problem is he never mentions the pure awesomeness that is Borka.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Don't quote Alpha Pheonix, he's terrible. He keeps rolling double sixes against my Ashen Veil'd Hex Hunters. With loving Burrowers. :argh: (He's a cool dude)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Oh, and I worked out that my camera phone is pretty drat good, and my lamp is a pretty good light source for photographing minis.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 12, 2012

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

^^^ Flipswitch, Those are called Skillshots. You don't play trolls unless you are confident in your ability to toss down clutch 5s and 6s on attacks / tough rolls.

Here, let me complete that list:

Borka is a drunk slob. If you like drunk slobs staggering around, go hog wild. He's an angry drunk, and drinking beer literally increases his fury [no, literally. it's in his mechanics]. He's hard to shoot and turns the entire battlefield into a barfight. (#1 clutch tactic is to make him unable to be knocked down, and 2-handed throw him at the enemy war* to assassinate them. Do this at every opportunity)

Grissel literally nerfs your army by firing your #1 support piece and being dramatically mediocre at everything.

eGrissel is worse.

Also, some updates:

Jarl is a cross between Simo Hayha and Robin Hood. He owns. He owns bones.

Holy poo poo Calandra cheats like I don't even know I googled 'things that cheat' and couldn't find a good analogy. Ever get a win by dicing your opponent? SHE DOES THAT EVERY GAME.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Alpha Phoenix posted:

^^^ Flipswitch, Those are called Skillshots. You don't play trolls unless you are confident in your ability to toss down clutch 5s and 6s on attacks / tough rolls.

Here, let me complete that list:

Borka is a drunk slob. If you like drunk slobs staggering around, go hog wild. He's an angry drunk, and drinking beer literally increases his fury [no, literally. it's in his mechanics]. He's hard to shoot and turns the entire battlefield into a barfight. (#1 clutch tactic is to make him unable to be knocked down, and 2-handed throw him at the enemy war* to assassinate them. Do this at every opportunity)

Grissel literally nerfs your army by firing your #1 support piece and being dramatically mediocre at everything.

eGrissel is worse.

Also, some updates:

Jarl is a cross between Simo Hayha and Robin Hood. He owns. He owns bones.

Holy poo poo Calandra cheats like I don't even know I googled 'things that cheat' and couldn't find a good analogy. Ever get a win by dicing your opponent? SHE DOES THAT EVERY GAME.

pGrissel is AMAZING at the infantry jam, she can win on scenario very well by putting a million trolls on your opponent's side of the board before they know what hit them. She wants the Kriel Warriors usually because they do not need the MAT buff of the Fellcaller as often, along with Long Riders for a similar reason.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Borka and eDoomy are my favorite two casters for Trolls. Grim Angus is a fine 3rd.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, I'm thinking Borka, just because he seems to be "Throw poo poo Around: The Caster".

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Borka is a loving pain in the rear end to assassinate too, so there is that.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

I get less frustrated trying to assassinate loving Terminus than Borka.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Flipswitch posted:

Borka with Iron Flesh, drunk, behind Jannissa's wall is nearly invulnerable.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Flipswitch posted:

Assassinate the keg carrier.

It'll probably piss them off more than if you had a successful assassination on borka himself.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

Borka with Iron Flesh, drunk, behind Jannissa's wall is nearly invulnerable.
This is exactly my FIRST encounter with Borka. It was horrible.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Assassinate the keg carrier.

It'll probably piss them off more than if you had a successful assassination on borka himself.

Just need to remember that, if you do assassinate the Keg Carrier, you will, in a very short time, be catching Borka's mace with your face and genitals.

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.
What would a good 25 point Borka list look like?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Panzerkin3D posted:

What would a good 25 point Borka list look like?

Borka Kegslayer - WB: +5
- Pyg Keg Carrier
- Dire Troll Mauler - PC: 9

Fell Caller Hero - PC: 3
Janissa Stonetide - PC: 3

Trollkin Fennblades - Leader & 9 grunts: 8
- Fennblade Officer and Drummer - Officer & Drummer 2
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes - Leader & 5 Grunts: 4
- Stone Scribe Elder - 1

That list is a huge stinker to fight against . You can probably swap a beast in if you don't want too much support.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

This reassures me that I'm on the right track, when I compare it to the 15 point list I was making for Borka, and they look very similar.

System: Hordes
Faction: Trollblood
Casters: 1/1
Borka Kegslayer (*5pts)
* Troll Axer (6pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 3 Stone Scribes (3pts)
* Krielstone Stone Scribe Elder (1pts)
Trollkin Fennblades (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Stone Scribe Chronicler (2pts)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

This reassures me that I'm on the right track, when I compare it to the 15 point list I was making for Borka, and they look very similar.

System: Hordes
Faction: Trollblood
Casters: 1/1
Borka Kegslayer (*5pts)
* Troll Axer (6pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 3 Stone Scribes (3pts)
* Krielstone Stone Scribe Elder (1pts)
Trollkin Fennblades (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Stone Scribe Chronicler (2pts)
Get another beast in there mate, you'll be cutting for fury a lot otherwise.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Not really, all Borka has to do is upkeep Iron Flesh and maybe cast Mosh pit. That being said, I do agree that he should have at least 1 heavy.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
That is list high on support, you can always try for a EBT or an Axer as well in my 25 list.

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007
Quick rules question for Menoth:
With the choir, each member has to sing the same hymn, but can each member target a different warjack?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Nightwatcher posted:

Quick rules question for Menoth:
With the choir, each member has to sing the same hymn, but can each member target a different warjack?

Correct.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
So in a 50 point team tournament, what is the best Cygnar + Trollblood comedy combo?

I'm thinking pHaley + Mountain king for +3 ARM, MAT/RAT 7 and no charges.

Or Gunnbjorn + Kara for Deadeye and Snipe trading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Cyclomatic posted:

So in a 50 point team tournament, what is the best Cygnar + Trollblood comedy combo?

I'm thinking pHaley + Mountain king for +3 ARM, MAT/RAT 7 and no charges.

Or Gunnbjorn + Kara for Deadeye and Snipe trading.

Grim/eHaley. Effective 3 turns of heavy shooting and amazing scenario play.

• Locked thread