Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Koro being jealous of Ritsu was the cutest thing. You can't have two of the same archtype! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is ridiculously heartwarming.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Absolutely perfect, and they can eventually get her back to the full screen or something and I won't mind at all, even a real body.

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.
I had to go and do some research on the character she was holding...

http://japanese.about.com/blkod1003.htm

Why did they choose this for her name? Is there some sort of subtext around this word/character/name?

[edit] Nevermind: http://www.mangareader.net/assassination-classroom/22/21

Stoph fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 9, 2012

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

The old name was better. :colbert:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

This is a great story so far. This writer is talented.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation

Stoph posted:

Why did they choose this for her name? Is there some sort of subtext around this word/character/name?

I'd have localized it to "Tilly", but I'm not a scanlator. Probably just as well?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

This chapter had me at "function which generates atmospheric music".

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I suppose the constant nods to Aigis are intentional, then? Her appearance, AI heritage, etc. :v:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
At the start of Chapter 20, didn't the UN mention that two AIs were being prepared but only one of them (i.e. Ritsu) was ready to be deployed? How are they going to top Ritsu?

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 10, 2012

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

JosephWongKS posted:

At the start of Chapter 20, didn't the UN mention that two AIs were being prepared but only one of them (i.e. Autonomously Thinking Fixed Artillery) was ready to be deployed? How are they going to top Autonomously Thinking Fixed Artillery?

The actual line is "two special assassins" who surpass normal human ability. Autonomous Thinking Fixed Artillery is an AI, but the other one isn't necessarily an AI. That said, we've actually seen an outline of him(?):

Ritsu's on the right there, so that guy on the left has to be the other one. I don't expect Matsui to pull the same gag twice, so he's not going to be an AI. Could be an android though.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I'm guessing it's going to be something different. Like some sort of genetically engineered super soldier.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Maybe it's a guy made of plants, because his left arm silhouette totally looks like roots and branches to me.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

DrSunshine posted:

Maybe it's a guy made of plants, because his left arm silhouette totally looks like roots and branches to me.

The one on the right?

That be ritsu, fella.

The other "special assassin" is just going to be some guy who lied on his contract killer application because the economy is tough and when they called him in to interview he just had to wing it and it worked out alright but now he's like poo poo dude all I ever worked was mcdonalds

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vincent Valentine posted:

The one on the right?

That be ritsu, fella.

The other "special assassin" is just going to be some guy who lied on his contract killer application because the economy is tough and when they called him in to interview he just had to wing it and it worked out alright but now he's like poo poo dude all I ever worked was mcdonalds

And he wasn't ready to be deployed because he was feigning illness but now he's finally run of excuses / doctors willing to certify him as being medically unfit for duty.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Vincent Valentine posted:

The one on the right?

That be ritsu, fella.

:ohdear: So its gonna be saitama?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

If Saitama showed up to kill Koro, that would be the last chapter.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

AtomikKrab posted:

Leaked second to last page of Assassination Classroom. Last page is Saitama punching.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

AnonSpore posted:

Leaked second to last page of Assassination Classroom. Last page is Saitama punching.

I don't know how to feel about this.

They must never meet.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

AnonSpore posted:

This is glorious and you are too.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

AnonSpore posted:

If you think a punch that dramatic won't take at least 10 double-page spreads, you're not thinking straight.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

You mean the first page of the last chapter. The rest of the chapter will be a flip-book of punches. :colbert:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Autumncomet posted:

You mean the first page of the last chapter. The rest of the chapter will be a flip-book of punches. :colbert:

Dammit, now I want to see Murata draw a tentacle monster fight. I don't even like tentacles!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

AnonSpore posted:

I think I'd be okay with this.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Not gonna lie, i'd probably faint with pure joy if that happen. :getin:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stoph posted:

Her full name in Japanese is apparently "Jiritsu Shikou Kotei Houdai".

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Someone in the class goes through that word-by-word and figures "ritsu" is a good way to shorten it.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Chapter 23
Chapter was kinda :smith:, but then, last page happened. :black101:

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

So mean. :smith: Does Koro-sensei's "can't hurt the students" stipulation apply to students that are not in his class but are at the same school?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Autumncomet posted:

So mean. :smith: Does Koro-sensei's "can't hurt the students" stipulation apply to students that are not in his class but are at the same school?

I don't think Koro-sensei is going to hurt anybody himself, he's just going to give a few pointers to his dear students. Koro-sensei is truly the best teacher.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I really love how human Koro-sensei feels thanks to all the little weaknesses and touches that are pointed out, like this chapter's love of juicy gossip. He feels more human than many lead characters in more down to earth manga.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I loved the 'Bitch-sensai might be a bitch, but she's EARNED being a bitch!' aside.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

I don't think Koro-sensei is going to hurt anybody himself, he's just going to give a few pointers to his dear students. Koro-sensei is truly the best teacher.

indeed, why give a man a fish, when you can TEACH him how to fish?

also, yet another of koro-sensei's weird weaknesses...though I'm not entirely sure how this one would help much in an assassination...

Renzuko fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 13, 2012

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Renzuko posted:

indeed, why give a man a fish, when you can TEACH him how to fish?

also, yet another of koro-sensei's weird weaknesses...though I'm not entirely sure how this one would help much in an assassination...

Which one? There were two, and both could be potentially useful, though only as part of a greater whole. You could either have someone distract him with some juicy gossip or get him wet so his head swells making his movement more awkward (possibly) and giving a larger target area.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

tsob posted:

Which one? There were two, and both could be potentially useful, though only as part of a greater whole. You could either have someone distract him with some juicy gossip or get him wet so his head swells making his movement more awkward (possibly) and giving a larger target area.

The second one, and I'm still dubious about it's usefulness, considering he can regenerate, a larger target doesn't mean the bulls-eye is any bigger in relation, if anything it'd be smaller in comparison

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
My favorite detail is the bottom panel of the last page. Everyone but Maehara has their expression change to mimic Koro-sensei's, which also simultaneously makes them look really, really evil. It's a nice touch.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

You'd think with all the training these assassin boys and girls have had with how to kill their teacher, they'd each be less of a pushover for their more hateful school-mates. Seems the opposite.

I keep waiting for them to show their skills. Nada.

Koro-sensei to the rescue again. I understand he's cool and awesome and all that, but it'd be nice to see the kids do something on their own for once without him spoon feeding them all the way through it.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Nagisa intimidated some students with killing intent awhile ago but, yeah, there wasn't much after that.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Dan7el posted:

You'd think with all the training these assassin boys and girls have had with how to kill their teacher, they'd each be less of a pushover for their more hateful school-mates. Seems the opposite.

I keep waiting for them to show their skills. Nada.

Koro-sensei to the rescue again. I understand he's cool and awesome and all that, but it'd be nice to see the kids do something on their own for once without him spoon feeding them all the way through it.

I don't think Jump would be cool with actual high school students killing other high school students. Also, in not acting violently, they show themselves to be spiritually superior. It's some Karatedo restraint poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Man I don't want Koro-Sensei to die. It's gonna be a real tearjerker if/when that day comes :smith:

• Locked thread