Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Hajime and Nagito both have abstract calligraphic-ish designs on their clothing. Nagito's tie looks a tiny bit like a distorted version of Japanese writing, maybe hiragana? (Note: I do not read Japanese.) Can orenronen weigh in on whether either of those designs echoes something readable, or are they just designs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I feel like there's one really important thing that a lot of people are forgetting in saying that Nagito Komaeda is not Naegi or has nothing to do with him. Apart from all the other SHSL Lucky similarities, there's this:

orenronen posted:

Don't tell me... you're going to make us kill each other on this desert island...?!

Even if he isn't related to Naegi or really is just some other guy picked by random selection, there is almost definitely something else going on with his involvement in the whole thing. Compared to pretty much everyone except Fat Togami, he seems a lot more familiar with the situation.

Or, possibly, information about the first Hope's Peak despair murder game was made public enough for him to naturally make that connection, but that's all going to be impossible to say much more about until we learn more about when this game is set and when/where the current batch of students came from.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
My theory is that Nagito won the lottery in Naegi's year but re4fused to go, which allowed Naegi to get in biassed on looking like Nagito.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

slowbeef posted:

Something I don't think has been brought up. If Nagito's the new Naegi, doesn't that make us the new Kirigiri?

Hajime Hinata is an alliterative name, just like Kyouko Kirigiri.

I think there might be connections (besides Togami), but I think this is a stylistic method of making the sequel have familiar-feeling characters, which it couldn't otherwise do because, well, most of the DR cast is dead.

I'm curious to see what form trials or murders will take place in DR2, given we've been shown that collection submenu. Could there be a possible 'Golden' ending with everyone alive through the right actions at the right time (given it would seem wasteful if they're going to drop like flies while you're collecting those Hope token things), or is it just like last time and you have to pick when and where you go with whomever.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Maybe Nagito is actually Super High School Level Bad Luck instead of Good Luck in contrast to Naegi. So, he'll die at the beginning.

Or maybe he'll stay alive until the end and become Super High School Level Despair instead of hope.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

slowbeef posted:

Something I don't think has been brought up. If Nagito's the new Naegi, doesn't that make us the new Kirigiri?

I think there might be connections (besides Togami), but I think this is a stylistic method of making the sequel have familiar-feeling characters, which it couldn't otherwise do because, well, most of the DR cast is dead.

Now that I think of it, Hinata does look like he could be the headmaster's son - similiar hairstyle and a clothing that wouldn't look out of place next to him.

His hair isn't exactly the same, so it's probably just a crapshoot theory, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened.

And I would be really sad if Nagito turned out to really be Naegi and dies sometime during this game. He had a really awesome run last game as SHSL Hope, he deserves to live. :smith:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Man, I absolutely love how the writers are openly loving with our expectations here.

Rumda posted:

My theory is that Nagito won the lottery in Naegi's year but refused to go, which allowed Naegi to get in biassed on looking like Nagito.
Interesting theory. But if Nagito refused to go, then how the heck did he end up here?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'd be kinda pissed if any of the surviving characters from the first one came back and were then killed. It always feels like such a bullshit manoeuvre to me when games pull that kind of poo poo.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Even if he isn't related to Naegi or really is just some other guy picked by random selection, there is almost definitely something else going on with his involvement in the whole thing. Compared to pretty much everyone except Fat Togami, he seems a lot more familiar with the situation.

Repeating what alot of others responded with. Battle Royale Is the japanese equivalent of The Hunger Games (except BR is about a decade older, so it may be better to reverse that). It is also about high schoolers killing eachother. It also takes place on an island. It is kind of a big deal culturally in japan. Not saying everyone will definitely have seen it, but it's not a stretch to say that most people know about the premise.
Him thinking that being kidnapped and brought to a mysterious island = death match isn't too indicative of knowledge of DR1.

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.
Before an bicker starts- Battle royale and Hunger games are greatly different. And that's the end of that

But yeah, it is a popular enough concept for a group of kids to be brought together just to murder one another. I've seen it happen in a few manga-- Judge and Real PG are a couple examples.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish
My theory is that Nagito is this game's Mukuro - a member of SHSL Despair sent to infiltrate the class. The group is aware of the first game's events and the personslity he adopts is a mockery of what they know about Naegi. His "luck" was being chosen to play the role of infiltrator.

Now watch how all of the above is immediately invalidated in the next update or two. Or maybe Monobear will take off his Nagito costume by the end of the chpter.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me, or is anyone else getting Junko vibes from our Not-Nagegi? It could just be the art styles messing with my brain though.

My current suspicion is that all these students are mixes of the first 16, so we'll see some similar SHSL titles popping up, and that this entire thing is happening after the events of DR1. It's an attempt to bring hope back into the world, but in the same method that Junko tried to prove despair to the world. I suspect that instead of solving murders, we will have to be attempting to stop them from occurring in the first place, and the endings will be based upon if you were able to save everyone or not. It'd give it good replay value, especially if the best way to solve one or two incidents is to not interfere.

Kudos to the two of you for the translation work by the way, so far every conversation has flowed as smoothly as it if were originally written in english.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Can I make a suggestion, oren? It's hard to see the symbol for voiced-dialogue most of the time. I've missed nearly every one so far, only spotting it on second read-throughs. Maybe putting the symbol before the text would be better? Maybe even before the character icon for full visibility?
Seconding this. I have to go back and re-check every update for them.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Sindai posted:

Seconding this. I have to go back and re-check every update for them.

Fair enough. That's the way it's going to be moving forward (and I'll probably edit the existing updates soon).

SchrodingersFish
Mar 9, 2012

orenronen posted:

Official Art

Hajime Hinata: Super High-school Level ???

My first thought when seeing our protagonist was that HE looked extremely similar to Naegi, Nagito has some blatant similarities too (especially revealed in the last update), but the first thing that really stood out to me was Hinata's hair spike. It looks exactly like Naegi's and his eyes are the same color as Naegi's (although it seems like many of the DR2 characters have this eye color), and his hair color is very similar to Naegi's (I think Naegi's is a bit more reddish and lighter though).

ApplesandOranges posted:

Now that I think of it, Hinata does look like he could be the headmaster's son - similiar hairstyle and a clothing that wouldn't look out of place next to him.

His hair isn't exactly the same, so it's probably just a crapshoot theory, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened.

Could Hinata be the son of Kirigiri and Naegi? A test tube baby? He doesn't look like Kyoko Kirigiri, but maybe he has some traits from her father's side?

I'm starting to like the "genetic breeding program" theories that are in here. I know it seems a bit "out there", but many of these cast members have blatant similarities to the DR1 class. All throughout DR1 I held on to the secret (but ultimately untrue) theory that the students were all in a spaceship and this whole "you're the hope for mankind!!" thing meant that Earth had sent their best genetic specimens off to the "safety" of space/another planet to breed and replenish the species. Maybe I was just picking up undertones of the real shocker- a secret genetic breeding program at Hope's Peak? Bring all of the best and brightest together, steal their genetic material, produce the Ultimate Super High-School Level Student???

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

orenronen posted:

Fair enough. That's the way it's going to be moving forward (and I'll probably edit the existing updates soon).

You are a swell dude. :)

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Dragonatrix posted:

From what I remember of the last trial of DR1, I'm pretty sure Naegi et al. were there for 2 years before The Most Despairing Event happened.
Nope.
Here is the DR update in question: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447397&pagenumber=660#post409115251

This is the important part:

quote:

Our story can be traced back to two years ago!
Back to the time we all got invited to attend this school.

We spent our first year here living a peaceful school life full of Hope!

It was the worst school life ever!

You guys really enjoyed that year, though... It was truly the peak of your youth!

That said, it did not last long. Peace only lasted a single year.

As you can see, they were only at school for a year so if Nagito is really another student who went to the school because of his Luck and he and the others belong to the same class it would only make sense that they are older than the DR1 cast.
Of course this is only my theory from the info we have so far, it could change in the future.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
So my theory is that the game isn't the same as last time. Usagi is like, some kind of schizo creature, and taht schism passes into the kids somehow. Like, instead of just murdering each other to graduate, it'll be like, kids will get swept up in Despair and kill somebody in order to create more of it. So kids will take sides, Hope or Despair, and start killing each other off to further the goals of one side or the other.

Like Anime Assassin's Creed, I guess.

Duchess Shrimp
Dec 13, 2012

slowbeef posted:

Beyond the alliteration of the name: Kirigiri couldn't remember her SHSL skill, or why she came to the school - initially she had forgotten that the headmaster was her father. Hinata can't remember his skill either, and the part where he says his main aim of coming to Hope's Peak is his reverence for it seems like brainwashing (given the glitching immediately after).

Zhauth
Sep 4, 2012
I'm still going to assume that this is Naegi. Maybe I'm just a gullible sucker, I don't know.

Saeku posted:

Is it just me, or is this not the face and posture of a good guy? He sets off my "villain-dar" like WOAH.
So, to bring hope back to the world, I brought you all here to become friends with each other!
That's why anyone who was mean to someone else, or murdered them, was punished.
And by 'punished', I'm obviously referring to the 10 minute time-outs and the group therapy sessions.
I guess those didn't really work on you, Hajime, though. Seeing as how you, you know, murdered everyone.
There's no life without death! I just caused death to occur a little bit sooner than usual. I was bored. And friends suck! Isn't that right, Ibuki?
I like having friends...
Shut up, Ibuki!

Nagito's shoes are ridiculous.
Also, is that a tiny skull on his giant wallet chain?
...That's not a good sign.

I see we're on a chain of islands. I was kind of expecting an underground facility or something, although this makes more sense.
I wonder if there'll be any polar bears.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."
Y'know, the insight to what the staff of Hope's Peak are trying to achieve has kind of changed the tone of the series a lot.

Before it was just... taken for granted that Hope's Peak takes gifted kids because they are The Best School, top of the league tables and all that jazz. Now that it's mentioned that the kids are being monitored and researched, the establishment seems a lot less great. Supernaturally gifted? We'll experiment on you!

Now, all we need to know now are the nature of the experiments. If they're simulations, then, well.

Edit: I'm loving Beautiful Ruin just as much as I loved Beautiful Dead/Morning in Dangan Ronpa. The most mysterious beach stroll you'll ever have.

Six Of Spades fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 14, 2012

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm going to take Nagito at face value until proven otherwise. He looks like Naegi, sounds like Naegi, has Naegi's talent, share's Naegi's knowledge, and has an anagram name. He's Naegi. I think all 6 of our survivors will be involved at some point. Maybe Naegi and Togami are the undercover infiltrators and the others are working from the outside.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 14, 2012

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Six Of Spades posted:

Y'know, the insight to what the staff of Hope's Peak are trying to achieve has kind of changed the tone of the series a lot.

Before it was just... taken for granted that Hope's Peak takes gifted kids because they are The Best School, top of the league tables and all that jazz. Now that it's mentioned that the kids are being monitored and researched, the establishment seems a lot less great. Supernaturally gifted? We'll experiment on you!

Now, all we need to know now are the nature of the experiments. If they're simulations, then, well.

On the other hand, it explains why they would admit people like Syo and Mukuro, and from a different angle Ishimaru (who is SHSL at something that, unlike basically all the others, won't really matter once he's out of school more or less by definition and hence is unlikely to change the world.)

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
Does anyone have links or a page that has all of the DR1 portraits for each character? I'd like to see some of them but there's no way I can remember which ones were in which update. Preferably somewhere that doesn't spoil DR2, of course.

Also, Nagito is WAY too obvious, and that makes him suspicious. I bet he ends up being used as a way to make the player despair, perhaps through death or betrayal, because all of this stuff is pretty much meaningless to the rest of the cast (except Fatogami).

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Fedule's Riveting Editorial Anecdotes
Episode the Third

The latest update gives us a better look at how Hinata thinks, as well as how he speaks.

quote:

A crystal clear blue sea... Essential to any island paradise.

Not that I'm impressed or anything.

It's not like I ever really wanted to visit such a place myself.

Kinda says it all, doesn't it? Now that Hinata's got a minute to himself, he's reverted back to what I believe has already been described as his typical teenager persona; grumpy, a bit snarky, and kinda annoyed with everything - although not entirely to the exclusion of any situational awareness. The boy is not a moron. He just complains a lot.

Related:

quote:

I mean, is "Good Luck" even really a “talent”?
Surely, just having a lottery ensures... Nevermind. It's a mystery. Leave it at that.

This is me being ballsy again. Hinata doesn't originally make any reference to the fallacy of testing for superior luck by holding a lottery, and remarks only that the entire idea of SHSL Good Luck is a mystery. But I thought it'd be nice to have the dialogue focus on something other than repeatedly hitting you over the head with the suggestion that Nagito is Naegi for a line or two. Plus, said fallacy is exactly the kind of thing that a perceptive-but-negative person like Hinata would immediately notice, because it's a perfectly valid grounds to complain!

quote:

...Hey, are you listening?

Oren! :argh:

(this used to be replaced with the line "...Not... really...", which I thought was hilarious.)

Anyway.

Naegi Nagito here is pretty much the least of my concerns. He is, as Hinata says, "a bit wishy washy", and his speech is plain, if a little overlong at times. Since he's tagging along with us, we'll get to know a bit more about him as we go introduce ourselves to characters whose lines require a bit more effort.

Next time: If you think I'm overly self-satisfied now...

Fedule fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 16, 2012

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
My own crazy theory... The hope symbols, unless they are just a way to keep track of your friendliness with everyone, will be the means of death in this game. The persn with the fewest/most, or the person who gives away the fewest/most will be killed.

On a more seious note, I'm surprised there's not mroe speculation on... Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu. He is the first character we see going by updates (tied with Hinata) and oddly enough, the last character we see before Byakuya in the intro video.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
Nagito has Kirigiri's hair color. SUSPICIOUS.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I'm suspecting him to be the son of Naegi. It seems like somthing that this game would do. I'm wiling to bet Fatgami is the son of Togami as well.

Slash_Prower
Sep 1, 2012

RentCavalier posted:

Nagito has Kirigiri's hair color. SUSPICIOUS.

Well, there you have it. Nagito is actually Kirigiri disguised as Naegi to throw off Usami/Monobunny. She/he's just lying about his/her Super High-School Level talent.

It's simple, really.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Fedule posted:

This is me being ballsy again. Hinata doesn't originally make any reference to the fallacy of testing for superior luck by holding a lottery, and remarks only that the entire idea of SHSL Good Luck is a mystery. But I thought it'd be nice to have the dialogue focus on something other than repeatedly hitting you over the head with the suggestion that Nagito is Naegi for a line or two. Plus, said fallacy is exactly the kind of thing that a perceptive-but-negative person like Hinata would immediately notice, because it's a perfectly valid grounds to complain!

So I think this is a good idea from a localization standpoint, but unfortunately with everyone desperate for things to pick up on and speculate about, folks are treating it as a clue placed by the game to draw your attention to the fallacy.

(And it's not entirely fallacious - if one assumes that getting into Hope's Peak is a good thing and that luck is in fact something that exists, then the winner of the drawing is presumably the luckiest high school freshman in Japan. The fact that someone has to be the luckiest doesn't mean that it's a meaningless title.)

Zaltys
Jun 24, 2008

Ditocoaf posted:

Ahahaa. So, Nagito isn't Naegi, he's just someone like him in almost every way.

But why?
I'm guessing that he's actually some sort of a Super High-school Level Fanboy or maybe a Cosplayer. Perhaps he saw the DR1 broadcast and started emulating Naegi because of it.

spd12
Nov 3, 2012
In so far as visual motifs go with the two pieces of artwork we have, Hinata is interesting because he appears to have two emblems. The one on his chest (the heart with the little plus sign - or cross - underneath), and the one on his tie (odd semicirclish-thing) next to a strikingly similar emblem down near the bottom of his shirt, down to the right just above his pants. What could having two of these indicate?

I also notice the digital squares in Nagito's hoodie, and how it seems there are a few squares cut out of his jacket on top of those red squares printed on it. A really odd, digital-like styling, but it also seems to indicate some form of rotting and wear, maybe? There's also the reddish cross on his shirt, which is probably stylistic. As someone else noted, there's also a skull at the end of his chain.

I could be reading a bit heavily into visual appearances, but both of their little details are extremely interesting to me in that they most certainly have to mean something or another!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm going to take Nagito at face value until proven otherwise. He looks like Naegi, sounds like Naegi, has Naegi's talent, share's Naegi's knowledge, and has an anagram name. He's Naegi. I think all 5 of our survivors will be involved at some point. Maybe Naegi and Togami are the undercover infiltrators and the others are working from the outside.

There were 6 survivors: Naegi, Togami, Hagakure, Kirigiri, Asahina and Fukawa.

If Asahina were here she'd have SHSL Swimmed away by now, I bet. :unsmith:

At this point, I'm also just wondering where the castaways will sleep or eat or do anything, for the matter. Where are we going to get presents from? Just what is there to do on this island?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
On the translation notes by Fedule, I also prefer his(her? sorry :shobon:) idea of "...not...really" to orenronens "............."

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
[removed]

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 28, 2013

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I really like the game so far. It seems that their strategy this time around is to play with expectations as much as possible, trying to keep us all waiting for the hammer to drop. Which, if and when it does, is going to be spectacular.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
One for orenronen and Fedule:

In Japanese, does Usami come across... annoying?

This baby talk thing is getting on my nerves a little, and I'm starting to dislike the character. If it's not intentional, maybe it could be dialed back? Like these two lines:

"Aww, did I startle you? I'm vewy sowwy."

"Tee-hee... I'm not ashamed of apowogies. They're vewy impawtant!"

As you said in the previous editorial anecdote, you're not doing it everywhere (see: startle), so can't it just be "very sowwy" or "vewy sorry"? Or one of the 3 times you did it in the second sentence?

It could just be me, and you're both doing good with the work all in all, but I feel like you're laying it on a little thick with Usami.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

slowbeef posted:

One for orenronen and Fedule:

In Japanese, does Usami come across... annoying?

This baby talk thing is getting on my nerves a little, and I'm starting to dislike the character. If it's not intentional, maybe it could be dialed back? Like these two lines:

"Aww, did I startle you? I'm vewy sowwy."

"Tee-hee... I'm not ashamed of apowogies. They're vewy impawtant!"

As you said in the previous editorial anecdote, you're not doing it everywhere (see: startle), so can't it just be "very sowwy" or "vewy sorry"? Or one of the 3 times you did it in the second sentence?

It could just be me, and you're both doing good with the work all in all, but I feel like you're laying it on a little thick with Usami.

It's a delicate balancing act, to be sure. Her speech needs to be consistent... but not offputting to read (even if she is supposed to be slightly annoying herself).

Her habit in Japanese affects pretty much every line she has... but only at the end. So it's not inconceivable that I might have been overdoing it. The question is this: Is Usami speaking like that deliberately? Because if she is, then I've got leave to have her only do the "w" thing on words she's emphasizing. So, in your case, she could correctly pronounce "very" before "sowwy", but still maintain her "fwuffy bunny wabbit" line from earlier, because she's deliberately varying her speech.

The early DR1 updates changed a lot as the characters came more into focus: I'm not averse to doing the same here.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I'm kinda starting to wonder if there's going to be some kind of time travel shenanigans here. It seems as though the general level of technology has increased somewhat between Dangan Ronpa 1 and 2, because instead of just disappearing while everyone's looking away, apparently Usami can honest to god teleport.

...She's gone. That stuffed doll doesn't just walk and talk. It seems she can teleport as well. I don't get it at all. Who is operating that thing?!

That doesn't seem to be any sort of trickery, unlike the first game. And then, in the first update when Hinata wakes up on the beach with Nagito standing over him, we get a look into his thoughts, which are... A little bit strange, aren't they?

….........

...What...

...I don't... understand...

Why am I here...?

What happened?

OK... Don’t panic. First thing’s first. I have to remember...

Keep calm, work my brain, and unravel my tangled memories.

Stop worrying and think! Think, think, think, think, think, think.

There are shards of memory everywhere... but I think I can piece together what happened.

...Yes...

...Come on...

That's right. I'm...

I... am...

That's sort of strange, isn't it? It seems like he's panicking, sure, but it doesn't really seem like he's panicking for the right reasons. He seems bewildered, yes, frightened, yes, but it seems like he's talking about something much more intense than what he's experienced up to this point. Sure, it's been weird, but to the point where he has to "unravel his tangled memories" and "piece together what happened"? What we've seen isn't terribly difficult to explain. Well, maybe if we were trying to figure out how the entire thing happened, but just going "okay went into a school, now on island, bunch of weird people, got it" shouldn't be too rough. And the wording of "shards of memory everywhere", that makes it seem like he's trying to piece together far more than we've seen.

And on the other hand, it seems like there's six hope shards per character. Now, in the first game, there were several characters you had to talk to more than you possibly could in the time they were alive to get their full story. What if they actually work that into this one? Because if those hope shards mean that there's going to be six Free Time Events for each character, and if they're going to be tied to 100% completion, there's no way in hell we'll be able to get all of them in one runthrough. Unless there actually aren't any murders and this is literally just a happy island fun-time sim, I can't see that happening.

Also, if we think of Hinata waking up at the beach as the "root" of the time travel phenomenon, it makes a good bit of sense. It's early on in the plot, it's after all the characters have been introduced for the first time, and it's also directly after the setting has been established. In a time travel story where the main character continuously goes back in time, this kind of "point" is essential. And it's not the first time time travel's been brought up in the series - even if it was a joke the first time, maybe this time it's totally legit?

I think I put enough facts in this to not be wacky monkey cheese speculation, so hopefully I don't get hit with the probation stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
Okay, I haven't seen any one say this. I hope this isn't a repeat.

It's obvious to me the whole game is set up for despair to win as hope won last time. Give the kids a perfect place full of hope and let them destroy it themselves. We aren't playing the embodiment of hope here. We're playing snarky, angry teen.

So, SHSL Despair is hoping to win by having the kids themselves battle hope and safety.

• Locked thread