Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Found a copy of PDT last night, and I don't think I will be making anything from it anytime soon. Almost everything in there has a very specific ingredient in it that I'm not going to buy/make for one drink. Definitely going to be sticking with the essential cocktail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
You can use your judgement on that. I almost always ignore specific brands in recipes, unless I really feel like there is no substitute.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
Recipe calls for a semi-obscure ingredient found only in specialty stores or swanky, geeky bars? I say buy a bottle and have a party.

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

Arkham Angel posted:

Ooooh, I love lychee. That sounds divine.

I think I'll try to add some Campari first, then St. Germaine.

I've been admittedly nervous about adding unfamiliar things since we got a bottle of absinthe, only to be floored by the overwhelming licorice scent and taste.

Your tastes may vary I find that I don't get a lot of use out of St. Germaine because I tend to see it mostly in cocktails that involve prosecco and I don't usually feel like opening a whole bottle of that. (Green) chartreuse is in a lot of different things. You can make variations on The Last Word (provided you also have some maraschino). You can buy chartreuse in a half bottle (or even quarter bottle, if they still make those.)

(Related: I'm open to hearing suggestions for cocktails with St. Germaine that don't involve cracking open an entire bottle of sparkling wine.)

e: \/\/\/ :worship:

marmot25 fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 14, 2012

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006

marmot25 posted:

(Related: I'm open to hearing suggestions for cocktails with St. Germaine that don't involve cracking open an entire bottle of sparkling wine.)

Apparent Sour - 1.5oz Aperol .75oz St. Germain .75oz lime juice shake/coupe/Rosemary sprig garnish

The French Intervention - 2oz tequila .5oz Cynar .5oz elderflower liqueur 2 dashes Angostura bitters Stir/coupe/lemon peel

That's My Word - .75oz each gin, Yellow Chartreuse, elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, grapefruit peel. Shake/coupe/cherry

Ding Ho - 2oz gin .5oz elderflower liqueur .5oz orgeat .5oz lime juice. Shake/old fashioned/cherry garnish.

Sister Mary 1oz blanco tequila 1oz elderflower liqueur .25oz Aperol .75oz grapefruit. Shake/coupe/no garnish.

Don't Mind If I Do - .5oz gin .5oz elderflower liqueur .5oz simple .75oz lime juice 1 dash celery bitters Shake/old fashioned

Olde City Sour - 2oz Applejack 1oz elderflower liqueur .5oz lemon. Shake/coupe/lemon peel.

Vieux Mot - 1.5oz gin .75oz lemon juice .5oz elderflower liqueur .5oz simple syrup. Shake/strain/coupe. No garnish.

Red Rot - 1.5oz gin, .5oz St. Germain, .5oz Cherry Heering, .5oz lemon juice, 2 dashes Peychaud's bitters shake/coupe

Ninth Ward - 1.5oz bourbon, .5oz St Germain, .75oz falernum, .75oz lime juice, 2 dashes Peychaud's bitters shake/coupe

Le Roi Robert - 1oz blended scotch, 1oz St. Germain, 1/2oz sweet vermouth, 2 dashes Angostura bitters, stir/coupe/cherry garnish

Boutonniere 2oz Applejack, 1oz dry vermouth, .5oz St. Germain, dash Peychaud's, dash orange bitters, stir/coupe/orange peel garnish

Dunniette - 1 1/2oz gin, 1/2oz St. Germain, 1/2oz Aperol, 1/2oz lemon juice shake/coupe

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Pamplemousse - 1 oz gin, 1 oz grapefruit juice, 0.5 oz st germain, 0.5 oz lemon juice, shaken, slapped basil leaf garnish

Was a big hit at my wedding.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Vegetable Melange posted:

Recipe calls for a semi-obscure ingredient found only in specialty stores or swanky, geeky bars? I say buy a bottle and have a party.

Someday. I'm still fairly new at this so I am working on getting all the basics first. I mean I'm out of gin right now, so I'm definitely not going to track down something obscure yet.

Someday though...

KWC
Jul 5, 2007
Hello
Another year another cokctail party. Thanks for the suggestions! The Admiral Russel's punch was a hit. My wife talked me out of a third classic cocktail. Have some blurry pictures.

Only went through 5 bottles of prosecco this year. And 3 bottles of sparkling cider because apparently there were 3 pregnant women this year. I'll take that as evidence that it is predominantly women who drink the bubbly.

Just one liter of Martini this year, but two and a half liters of Manhattan. I ended up mixing up 6 or so Negronis because I had talked it up in the days preceding, should have just made a carrafe of it too . . .

Almost a gallon of cider was drunk along with that whole bottle of Bulleit and most of a pint I had stashed. Only a half bottle of Kraken.

Admiral Russell's punch was great. 5 minutes after this picture the ice ring got all clear on top so you could see the lemon and lime slices. I was surprised that the fresh nutmeg made such a significant impact. Really rounded out the whole thing. I'll definitely do this again. Only about 20 oz left and that was after the ice had completely melted. I ended up using Martell VS for the cognac. I couldn't find the any oloroso sherry so I went with a "medium" sherry and added a 1/4 cup of brown sugar to the syrup. I'll track down proper sherry next time I make it to see how significant the difference would be.

bonus food pic

and desserts

That is a very stressful party to put together but so much fun. We even scaled back the food this year and I didn't do any infusions for the cocktails, and still both took off a day of work to pull it off.

fake edit: It is cool to store the leftover martini in the fridge sealed right? At least for a week or so? I poured my self one last night and it didn't taste off, but it didn't taste "fresh" either. Maybe I just need to drink it up ...

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
What are some good cocktails that include amaretto? Maraschino liqueur? Crème de violette?

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006

Invalid Octopus posted:

What are some good cocktails that include amaretto? Maraschino liqueur? Crème de violette?

I don't use Amaretto or violette all that often, so I'm not much help there, I did just make this recently though:

Wonderful - 1oz rye, .5oz amaretto, .75oz lemon juice, .5oz ginger liqueur, handful pomegranate seeds. Muddle/shake/coupe.

That one is mine, the rest of these are not and are just drinks I've made in the past.

Hemingway Daiquiri - 2oz rum, .75oz lime juice, .5oz grapefruit juice, .25oz maraschino liqueur Shake/coupe/lime wedge

Carroll Gardens - 2oz rye, .5oz amaro, .5oz sweet vermouth, bsp maraschino liqueur. Stir/coupe/lemon twist/

Armistice 1.5oz rye .25oz Green Chartreuse .5oz dry vermouth .25oz maraschino 2 dashes barrel aged bitters. Stir/coupe

The Grand Street - 2oz gin .5oz sweet vermouth .25oz Cynar .25oz maraschino liqueur. Stir/coupe

Compass Rose 1.5oz cognac .75oz Campari .25oz maraschino liqueur 1ds whiskey barrel aged bitters. Stir/coupe/lem peel

Newark - 2oz Applejack 1oz sweet vermouth .25oz Fernet Branca .25oz maraschino liqueur. Stir/coupe

Cherry Pop 2oz gin 1oz lem jce .5oz maraschino liqueur .5oz simple 2 pitted cherries Muddle/shake/strain

Last Word 1/2 oz gin 1/2 oz green Chartreuse 1/2 oz maraschino liqueur 1/2 oz lime juice

Mary Pickford 1 1/4 oz rum 1 oz pineapple juice 3 dashes grenadine 3 dashes maraschino liqueur Cherry garnish

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Klauser, you are magnificent.

Invalid Octopus, it sounds like you bought the fixings to make an Aviation and now you don't know what else to do with them. I know I did. :)

Almost any drink featuring St. Germain can have 1/4 oz Creme de Violette added and allowed to settle on the bottom, and you instantly have a new drink and something that makes people gush because it's PURPLE.

I made the most amazing cocktail last night, because it gave me something to do with my maraschino liqueur, which I have had gathering dust since 2009, and another bottle I picked up, cardamaro, which is like a combination amaro and vermouth in one that I didn't know what to do with.

1/4oz Maraschino
3/4oz Cardamaro
2 1/4oz Bastille whisky
3 dashes Fee Bros. Peach Bitters

The whisky is really the most remarkable spirit this year, for me anyway. It's really just...get a bottle. It is the most barrel-focused whisky I have ever had, but it's so light. Roughly ~$30 a fifth out here.

Tanith fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Dec 15, 2012

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
Post Punch Report:

Admiral Russell's Punch is awesome. I went with a sweeter oloroso sherry and some probably mediocre VS cognac and it turned out great. I ended up making it using an oleo saccharum because I like peeling and muddling things, and I also froze a giant ice cube in a quart-sized bowl; people really loved that ice cube. The punch has a fun history, so at the start of the party I did an abbreviated reading from here.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I'm super pumped at all the punch success of late. KWC, the sherry you used is probably fine, because oloroso is a fairly medium level of sweetness in sherry. And marmot, as long as it's cognac all the VS's are pretty much the same, so it was definitely fine. And yeah, the history of Admiral Russel is pretty rad.

The best thing to do with amaretto is to make an Amaretto Sour. The secret to a great AmSour is dosing it with some strong spirits as well. If you just do amaretto and citrus it will be sweet and sort of flabby. However if you do 1.5 oz amaretto, 3/4 oz. lemon juice, and 1/2 oz. 100 proof bourbon/rye/apple brandy it will really wake up. I also like to add a half oz. or so of fresh orange juice, just to spruce it up a bit.

Creme de violette is funny. Three drinks come to mind. First:

A classic Aviation: 2 oz. gin, 3/4 oz. lemon juice, 1/2 oz. maraschino, 1/4 oz. violette (feel free to add more maraschino, I always do).

Then there's the

Blue moon: 2 oz. gin, 3/4 oz. lemon juice, 1/2 oz. violette, and a bit of sugar to up the sweetness if necessary (don't use more violette or it'll be too much).

Finally, the

Flower Power Martini. It's a lovely name, but it's 2. oz. gin, 1/2 oz. dry vermouth, 1/2 oz. St. Germaine, 1/4 oz. violette. Stir, strain, orange peel. It's really great.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

I tried my first aviation last night and I wasn't a huge fan. I got no maraschino from it and a flowery /potpourri aftertaste which I'm assuming was the violette.

Definitely need to get a bottle of maraschino and try my own.

Edit: since each drink was 2oz, I wonder if the proportions were off a bit.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
Thanks all! I just made my first grenadine by combining the two methods listed here. It was maybe 10-15 minutes of hands-on time, and so much better. So low effort too. I dumped what was left of my Rose's and poured it in there, not going to be buying this stuff any time soon!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Klauser posted:

Knowledge Bomb

Klauser, I was recently gifted a bottle of Italian "mirto" and a bottle of Benedictine. Any recommendations for cocktails that use either of those?

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
Mirto is good stuff, elderberry liquor. I mix mine with fernet and mulled cider with five spice powder. Good holiday juice.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Vegetable Melange posted:

Mirto is good stuff, elderberry liquor. I mix mine with fernet and mulled cider with five spice powder. Good holiday juice.

Interesting...to me it tasted nothing like St. Germaine. More syrupy, sort of like Jaeger.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Should I just make my grenadine with pomegranate juice, or is it worthwhile to introduce blackcurrant or other apocryphal things I've heard of going into grenadines?

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Interesting...to me it tasted nothing like St. Germaine. More syrupy, sort of like Jaeger.

St. Germaine is actually elderflower liqueur: http://www.aedrops.com/blog/define-elderflower-elderberry-comparison/

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Should I just make my grenadine with pomegranate juice, or is it worthwhile to introduce blackcurrant or other apocryphal things I've heard of going into grenadines?

I've never mucked around with any of that stuff. Seems like gilding the lily.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

I use a mix of pomegranate juice, demereara sugar, pomegranate molasses, and orange oils (not the hydrosol flower water) for mine. It takes a little extra effort and cost, but the difference is rich and subtle.

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Klauser, I was recently gifted a bottle of Italian "mirto" and a bottle of Benedictine. Any recommendations for cocktails that use either of those?

Sorry, I'm no help for either of those bottles.

Halloween Jack posted:

I've said it before, but I just do a simple cold method of equal parts pomegranate juice and sugar, shake the poo poo out of it. I don't use grenadine all that often, so that level of effort is fine with me.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

For the benedictine, you'll have to double check this since I'm at work, but one of my favorites is:

4 parts: Cognac
2 parts: Benedictine
1 part: Fernet Branca

Or the Toronto:

8 parts Rye
3 parts Fernet-Branca
1 part simple syrup
dash of Angostura bitters (per standard cocktail)

/e - No idea why I added the Toronto....

Submarine Sandpaper fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 18, 2012

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I finally got the supplies and made a variant of The Last Word that was given to me at a local restaurant.

1oz Bluecoat Gin
0.5oz Yellow Chartreause
0.5oz Galliano
1oz Lemon Juice
1oz Orchard Pear

Combine with ice, shake, strain. Delicious.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
Came across this thread three days ago and shotgunned through the whole thing. What an awesome resource. As a result of your enthusiasm, I've already made a few cocktails as a result, including a Ramos gin fizz. drat, twelve minutes is a long time, but my shoulders need the workout. Booze is good for you!

I doubt I'll have much to contribute, but I wanted to make it clear that this thread rocks. Keep on keeping on; I'll be lurking and libating.

Gravity Pike
Feb 8, 2009

I find this discussion incredibly bland and disinteresting.
I picked up a bottle of local gin (Big Gin by Captive Spirits, a Seattle distillery) and it tastes far pepper-ier than gins I'm used to. As in peppercorns, not peppers. It's good, but doesn't make a great Gin and Tonic - it doesn't play well with the quinine. I'd want something sweeter, or crisper... I'm not sure.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could do with this gin?

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

Salvor_Hardin posted:

You can make tasty manhattans with the benedictine, a la this recipe. Actually, the Kindred Cocktails site is a fantastic resource overall. You can search by ingredient(s).

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006

Gravity Pike posted:

Peppery gin? First thing that comes to mind is a Gordon's Breakfast. Would work in a Negroni as well.

I've made a few where it would work, I think.

That Green Drink - 2oz gin, .75oz dry vermouth, .5oz green Chartreuse, .75oz lime juice, .5oz simple syrup, ~2 cucumber slices. Muddle/iced double old fashioned

Cin Cyn - 1oz each Gin, Cynar, & Sweet Vermouth 2dashes orange bitters. Stir/Coupe/Orange peel garnish

The Grand Street - 2oz gin .5oz sweet vermouth .25oz Cynar .25oz maraschino liqueur. Stir/coupe

La Dura Vita - 1.5oz gin, 1oz Campari, .5oz Averna, lemon twist garnish. Stir/Strain into iced rocks glass

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Gravity Pike posted:

I picked up a bottle of local gin (Big Gin by Captive Spirits, a Seattle distillery) and it tastes far pepper-ier than gins I'm used to. As in peppercorns, not peppers. It's good, but doesn't make a great Gin and Tonic - it doesn't play well with the quinine. I'd want something sweeter, or crisper... I'm not sure.

Go for a Caesar! I actually have a horseradish and peppercorn gin I'll use for those.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Someone shine the Kenning Symbol onto the sky; I have a punch question!

I made this last year for New Year's:

Jerry Thomas’ Champagne Punch

1 Bottle Champagne
2 oz Sugar
1 Orange Sliced
Juice of 1 Lemon
3 Slices of Pineapple
2 oz Raspberry Syrup (or Grenadine)

It's delicious and people were turning the bowl over to get the last few drops out, but it's a little weak seeing as it's diluted Champagne. Looking at these ingredients, is there a good spirit to spike the punch a bit?

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

Gravity Pike posted:

No recipes, but pepper goes well with lemon and orange. A gin sour? I'd also look for drinks with savory herbs, like rosemary or sage. In the spirit of the Gordon's Breakfast, a gin Bloody Mary doesn't seem out of the question.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Jerry ThomasÂ’ Champagne Punch

1 Bottle Champagne
2 oz Sugar
1 Orange Sliced
Juice of 1 Lemon
3 Slices of Pineapple

It's delicious and people were turning the bowl over to get the last few drops out, but it's a little weak seeing as it's diluted Champagne. Looking at these ingredients, is there a good spirit to spike the punch a bit?
Brandy is distilled wine, so.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of grenadine, I really loving love our grenadine recipe so if I can show it off anywhere, it might as well go here.

2 litres of pomegranate juice
1 kilo sugar
2 cinnamon quills
1 star anise
3 cloves
50 ml pomegranate mollasses

Method: reduce pomegranate juice by half, add spices/sugar, reduce again to 1.4 litres, add mollasses, bottle.

Also I made a trinidad sour tonight and it was really great, but the recipe I read had waaaaaaaay too much volume and I want to recalculate the specs so that its a drink with less than 5 ounces after dilution because there's no loving way I could drink an entire ounce of angostura bitters under any circumstances

The recipe I used was:

30 angostura bitters
30 orgeat
22.5 lemon juice
15 rye whiskey

Such a balling, hearty drink but it really felt like a pre dinner drink and putting something like that up in a cocktail glass instead of a coupette felt so weird

drowned in pussy juice fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 19, 2012

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006

MC Eating Disorder posted:

The recipe I used was:

30 angostura bitters
30 orgeat
22.5 lemon juice
15 rye whiskey

Such a balling, hearty drink but it really felt like a pre dinner drink and putting something like that up in a cocktail glass instead of a coupette felt so weird

That's a Trinidad Sour. If you want to recalculate...make half of one?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

MC Eating Disorder posted:

there's no loving way I could drink an entire ounce of angostura bitters under any circumstances

You've obviously never done the Angustora Challenge.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
You mean drink a bottle of ango during a service? Because I'm on ya b.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Jerry Thomas’ Champagne Punch

1 Bottle Champagne
2 oz Sugar
1 Orange Sliced
Juice of 1 Lemon
3 Slices of Pineapple

As Veggie said, cognac is the classic complement to champagne, though I would also, if this is what you want to do, consider a rich gold rum, like Plantation Barbados 5 Year or Scarlet Ibis (if you can find it).

That said, I wouldn't just add liquor and leave it at that. It'll gently caress with the flavor profile, and you'll need to also adjust for sugar and citrus and at that point you may as well just make a stronger punch from the get-go. One thing I might do if dosing that punch with brandy is including a bit of soda water as well, which I've found makes all the difference when I'm winging it on a brandy-and-champagne punch.

Now, if you're interested in other punches you have a few choices. For something that has a very similar flavor profile to the punch you posted, consider Boston Club Punch. The list of ingredients is a bit daunting, but if pressed I suppose you could sub out the kirsch for more cognac, and use triple sec for Gran Marnier (or sub in more cognac and a bit of sugar), though I encourage you to go out of your way to acquire the ingredients if you're intrigued. For something a bit less fruity, but a bit more rich, consider Frank Forester's Punch. Obviously the recipe as written (which yields about 80 drinks) is made for a big group. It's easy to scale though.

In other punch news, I saw the first Seville oranges of the season in the grocery store the other day, which means it's finally time, once again, for Orange Punch. My first orange punches followed Wondrich's recipe for James Ashley's Orange Punch to the letter, and I found them tasty, but somewhat unbalanced, with a strange half-orange flavor. So I fiddled a bit, and last year I found the perfect balance. The secret is the small amount of sweet orange juice, which rounds out the flavor and provides the orange oils with a nice backbone. I also reduced the amount of brandy from the original recipe, and it now clocks in at a cool 10% ABV.

I sincerely hope several people take advantage of the citrus season, and make this while Sevilles are still to be had (they begin disappearing between March and April, at the latest). I look forward to it every year.

Kenning and Ashley's Orange Punch

1 750 ml bottle VS Cognac
1 cup raw sugar (turbinado, demerara, etc.)
8 oz. Seville orange juice
4 oz. sweet orange juice (I use navel oranges, which are much nicer than so-called "juice oranges," the juice of which is usually quite watery)
48 oz. water (i.e. 1 pint for the sherbett/shrub, 1 qt. for the bowl)
nutmeg

Peel 4-6 Seville oranges (depending on size), and trim the pith well. This part is a bitch, but is important. Sevilles have quite a lot of pith compared to lemons, and the longer you can leave them on the sugar the better the punch will get. When very very little pith remains, muddle the peels with the sugar and let sit for as long as possible. I'll often do it overnight, or while I'm at work, for a total of 8-10 hours. Ideally you'll muddle a few times during the process to incorporate the oils and expose the peels to some of the fresher sugar. Did I mention this is the most important part? This is where all the flavor is.

When you've finally decided the peels have had enough (they should be sitting in a puddle of their own oil), pour 1 pint of boiling water into the mix to dissolve the sugar. A little bit of steeping in the water helps to get the last bit of flavor out of the peels as well. Add your two orange juices (fine-strained, please), stir well, and strain out the peels. Pour into a 1 qt. bottle and add water until it's full. This is the sherbett (I prefer the term "shrub," but Ashley called it sherbett and they're both from the Arabic ش-ر-ب "to drink," so whatever), and it will keep for quite a while in the fridge, though I prefer to use it within a day or two to keep the orange juice tangy.

When the time has come for punch, solemnly assemble your bottles – the cognac (chilled in the freezer is ideal), your sherbett (nice and cold from the fridge), and a matching 1 qt. bottle of crisp, clean water, also refrigerated. Pour into a 1 gallon bowl, slip in a 1 qt. ice block, and top with a fine dust of fresh nutmeg.

Pour everyone a glass, and offer a toast to the Seville orange, which is to me the true flavor of winter – a treat that almost seems like a reward for enduring the cold and the dark.

Kenning fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Dec 20, 2012

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Seriously love reading your punch posts. You've written a book, right? Published it? Gotten boatloads of cash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
So we had our annual white elephant gift exchange at work today and I realized my department is full of raging alcoholics. I think 80% of the gifts were wine or other spirits in many shapes and forms. Try as I might I ended up with a rather large bottle of Jagermeister and an accompanying 50 ml bottle which I found odd, like they want me to keep it at my desk for special occasions like after long meetings and such. I vaguely remember Jager Bombs when I was younger and night clubbing, but not much else. Can anyone steer me in a direction with this bottle of Jagermeister that does not result in my being passed out in the bathroom or in someone's yard? Surely I would hope there is something I can do with it beyond getting rip roaring drunk?