Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I think I remember trying one of the persona 2 games a long time ago and I vaguely remember liking it, but being immediately terrified by the depth and how obviously long it was going to take to plow through the game. On the other hand, Jack Frost is like, a character. And I think people like walked around with their personas. That was pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Boten Anna posted:

And I think people like walked around with their personas. That was pretty cool.

I don't think that was Persona 2.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Why are you saying P2: EP is on the PSN? It's not...I'm looking and it's not...:(

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheJoker138 posted:

Why are you saying P2: EP is on the PSN? It's not...I'm looking and it's not...:(

Are you checking the PSX releases? EP isn't available as a PSP port outside of Japan.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

Are you checking the PSX releases? EP isn't available as a PSP port outside of Japan.

Yes. I don't see it at all there. I'm on the NA PSN store.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Question for the future: Is Futsunushi's Firm Stance worth it?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Eternal Punishment isn't available on the North American Playstation Store in any medium, to my knowledge. I don't think Innocent Sin sold well enough to convince Atlus USA to release the PSP version of EP.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rasamune posted:

Question for the future: Is Futsunushi's Firm Stance worth it?

You aren't going to be dodging much anyway and it's your only defense against Almighty. Could be useful, but I tend to not use it because I rather leave those slots to Repel/Drain skills.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Grimace posted:

Eternal Punishment isn't available on the North American Playstation Store in any medium, to my knowledge. I don't think Innocent Sin sold well enough to convince Atlus USA to release the PSP version of EP.

They could just put the PSX version on the store. That costs them nothing!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

TheJoker138 posted:

Apparently when you search PSN on their website they will show you games that aren't on it. Sorry.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Man I don't know what I did wrong but the Shadow Teddie fight took me about a billion years. I didn't see the weakness thing at all so I figure I messed up my personas but still ugh.

AAAA I looked up a guide because I hate getting the school answers wrong and I'm missing so much stuff just constantly. I'm never going to look at one of these things again because it just makes me mad that I'm totally missing like 60% of the game.

Also hooray Chie is my ~~girlfriend~~

Mr Wind Up Bird fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 15, 2012

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Man I don't know what I did wrong but the Shadow Teddie fight took me about a billion years. I didn't see the weakness thing at all so I figure I messed up my personas but still ugh.

Nah, he's just one of a couple bosses that are gigantic slogs. Nothing to do but work through it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

You did nothing wrong. That's just how that fight is. And if you thought that one took long, just wait.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
It isn't an SMT boss until you slog for an hour. Let me tell you about my first fight with Daisoujou in Nocturne.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It isn't an SMT boss until you slog for an hour. Let me tell you about my first fight with Daisoujou in Nocturne.
Let me tell you about being low-leveled for Persona 3's final boss.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Endorph posted:

So, how many hours did that take you? Three? Four?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The River Guardian was actually pretty easy, I got two both times I tried it. No point in catching the Sea Guardian yet though as I haven't gotten Hermit up high enough.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

So, how many hours did that take you? Three? Four?
Three and a half I think. At least Battle for Everyone's Souls is amazing.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Endorph posted:

Best goddamn song in that game, yeah.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Endorph posted:

...You got Charmed, didn't you? I feel your pain if you did. :smith:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Ungh, I finally secured a copy of Nocturne again. Since I've still got my PS2 out and I work alone with not much to do overnight, next to a TV, I'm thinking of celebrating Take Your Playstation to Work Night when I'm done with P4...

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It took me an hour.

And this was with Messiah knowing Mind Charge.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Endorph posted:

Let me tell you about being low-leveled for Persona 3's final boss and then getting charmed and using Diarahan after four goddamn hours.

gently caress charm.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Let me tell you about being low-leveled for Persona 3's final boss and then getting charmed and using Diarahan after four goddamn hours.

gently caress charm.

I know that story, except for me it was Lucifer in Nocturne.

I didn't have Pierce. And I would (probably) eventually have won until my Super Pixie decided to target the wrong side with Diarahan.

I haven't actually tried it since.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
Alright, so apparently you beating the Reaper doesn't only give you the MC's ultimate weapon. I was bored, and I noticed that the chain noises were playing, so I decided to fight it again for the hell of it, and I got a special weapon for Yosuke too. Is this new to P4G? And does it depend on which dungeon you are for each weapon you get, or does it go in order of party acquirement?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
No, it's not new to P4G. I think it will fill in your weapons first, going in order of recruitment at the beginning of the dungeon. Then it starts giving you armor. It will only give you the weapons for whoever you currently have in your party IIRC.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
That all sounds tantalizing, but fighting the Reaper 14 times sounds like a pain in the rear end. Especially because it takes forever to get it to show up, and because none of those items carry over into New Game+.

Snix fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 15, 2012

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
After you have all of the armor and weapons from him, he will then give you an accessory that makes you immune to all damage except Almighty.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I really can't stand how each party member has a specific position they take in your party lineup, no matter which order you add them in.

I'm really used to my healer being in slot 4 of my party so I keep going into Kanji's skills when I'm trying to use Yukiko to heal from the menu...

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I really can't stand how each party member has a specific position they take in your party lineup, no matter which order you add them in.

I'm really used to my healer being in slot 4 of my party so I keep going into Kanji's skills when I'm trying to use Yukiko to heal from the menu...
I'm kind of annoyed that Yosuke keeps popping into slot #2 when I want Chie there :argh:

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

PureRok posted:

After you have all of the armor and weapons from him, he will then give you an accessory that makes you immune to all damage except Almighty.
On second thought, that sounds worth it. Plus, it'll give me something else to, since I ended up skyrocketing the entire Investigation Team to level 99.

Zetta_Slow
Oct 20, 2012

Shut up! If you try to stop me, my fists will visit you on four different points on your median plane!
Well, I woke up early in the morning and decided to finish the final dungeon.Just wanted to say that the ending was really great, and I loved it. I got a kick out of everyone's new looks, and the fact that Kanji changed his look back. (Oh god give us a bromance social link Atlus.) Thank you to everyone who helped me out with the game, and for the future help I will probably ask for!

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I am on the verge of buying a Vita just to play this game. I just need something else to push me over the edge. Like, anything. Are there any good games at all on the horizon for the Vita? Do PSP and PS1 games look ok on it? Argh, I want to play this so much.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I am on the verge of buying a Vita just to play this game. I just need something else to push me over the edge. Like, anything. Are there any good games at all on the horizon for the Vita? Do PSP and PS1 games look ok on it? Argh, I want to play this so much.

If you have PS+, you get :siren: Gravity Rush :siren:, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, WipeOut 2048, Jet Set Radio, and probably a couple other games entirely for free.

And Gravity Rush is amazing.

PSP and PS1 games look great on the Vita. And as for the horizon? There's an upgraded port of Muramasa: the Demon Blade, Soul Sacrifice, and probably a small mountain of crappy Wizardry/Monster Hunter clones. Other than that, basically just check out the second post of the Vita thread.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

DarkHamsterlord posted:

gently caress charm.

This happened to me too at 1%, but I was only fighting for like an hour my first playthrough. Still sent me flying when I saw Yukari heal all of the enemy's HP in five seconds. :negative: There's a quiet satisfaction after taking down an enemy after so long though, and having it feel so worth it.

PureRok posted:

Well, looks like I know what I'll be doing on my second playthrough... :gbsmith: Anything and everything to beef myself up for the New Game+ fight against Margaret.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheJoker138 posted:

They could just put the PSX version on the store. That costs them nothing!

It also has a lovely dub, no fast forward feature for the bad gameplay and a 90s translation.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

The Grimace posted:

Well, looks like I know what I'll be doing on my second playthrough... :gbsmith: Anything and everything to beef myself up for the New Game+ fight against Margaret.

Yeah, don't think for a second you're getting off that easy. You bring that accessory with you and Margaret is just going to drop a 9999 damage Megidolaon on her first turn. Just get the armor and weapons.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

It also has a lovely dub, no fast forward feature for the bad gameplay and a 90s translation.

I dunno, the dub's acceptable. Not great by any stretch but voiced dialogue is sparse enough that I wouldn't call it intrusive. I seriously stand by that translation though, it's really good.

Fast forward I'll give you though, and god knows it can be a slog at points. And whoever decided how those mapping quests work should be drug out into the street and shot.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

neongrey posted:

I dunno, the dub's acceptable. Not great by any stretch but voiced dialogue is sparse enough that I wouldn't call it intrusive. I seriously stand by that translation though, it's really good.

Fast forward I'll give you though, and god knows it can be a slog at points. And whoever decided how those mapping quests work should be drug out into the street and shot.

Just gonna take my Agreement Hose and spray agreement all over this post

Also, I will never forget the incredible dick move that was Hula of Misfortune. An attack that halves your money, can't be dodged, and is used exclusively by an enemy with agility so high that they'll often get the first turn, yes this was the best idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Also, I will never forget the incredible dick move that was Hula of Misfortune. An attack that halves your money, can't be dodged, and is used exclusively by an enemy with agility so high that they'll often get the first turn, yes this was the best idea

Wasn't quite as bad as halving your money :stare:, but Strange Journey had a similar thing. Some enemies had an attack called Macca Beam which blew up some of your money. Jerks.

• Locked thread