Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Well, it's all moot anyway. According to this science chart of science, at the current rate, it won't even reach 150K.

Edit: "We estimate $1.2m should get us around 6 seconds of airtime in Super Bowl XLVIII in 2014." So you'll dump all your game funds into the ad, so that even if you make a lovely game, people will buy it because of the hypnotic power of television? ...Actually, I genuinely can't argue with that.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Dec 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Ignore TREND. This game is not for TREND.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Kicktraq is literally a useless website that at no point ever during the lifetime of a kickstarter gives accurate information, and yet people point to it for every single one.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Francois Kofko posted:

But what about the TREND of TREND? The powerful METATREND?

So, we've discussed TREND and CORPORATE ATTITUDE. Now all that remains is STONER. How long until someone on the Internet makes a 'dont play this high lol' remark? Hell, someone probably has with Barkley 1.

Electric Pope
Oct 29, 2011

Oh I'm still alive
I'm still alive
I can't apologize, no

Varinn posted:

Kicktraq is literally a useless website that at no point ever during the lifetime of a kickstarter gives accurate information, and yet people point to it for every single one.

Well, you can use the pledges and backers by day + a bit of experience with kickstarter to make a more useful guess. Though, even on kicktraq itself, the projection page is WAY more useful than the trend page, yet nobody ever points to it.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

I've been meaning to play the original. What's the least awkward control scheme for it?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

We much reach 90k for all that is TRUE DOOM MURDERHEAD.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Doubled my donation to $20. All of ya'll should too.

Ogianres
Oct 21, 2008

rizuhbull posted:

I've been meaning to play the original. What's the least awkward control scheme for it?

Basketball-sized trackball. Dribble for left+click dunk for right+click and spinning it on your finger is the scroll wheel.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Thanks, I really appreciate the advice. I borrowed some Pocky from my STONER neighbor, crushed them into a fine powder, mixed them with Crisco, stripped, and smeared the resulting paste over my entire body. I splurged on 7 TRUE DOOM MURDERHEAD dakimakuras and have adhered them to my Pocky-slathered form. Right now I'm sitting in front of my computer in total darkness, where I will remain, motionless, until the game is released.

Thanks again for your help!

:smug: TRENDS don't know that true dakimakura must be TSUNDERE.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
I just finished the first game, holy god. "I think that ghosts are like dogs and they just sort of do things arbitrarily" hahaha jesus christ.

rizuhbull posted:

ZXC and arrow keys? You're not going to be throwing out dragon punches or anything.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp. Upped my pledge to $60. Wanna reach those stretch goals.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.
I was seduced by NG+ and the game pack into upping to $60, then said What The gently caress and went for $75. That Barkleynomicon... Gotta get that Barkleynomicon...

miguelito
Oct 5, 2012

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
(ask me about sexy shaving)
Will increase, and most of the new announcements sound great!
I wish though they had some more non-ironic stretch goals above 200,000. On the other hand, they might just be fine with having that much for their project - and if that's the case, I'd applaud them for the decision.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Chef Boyardee posted:

Oh, it's not on the reward panel on the right, but it's in the reward description in the actual Kickstarter text - "In addition to the kickin' tunez, you'll also get VIP access to exclusive behind the scenes updates and content by the ToGsters detailing the progress we've made, what we're working on, what we want to do with the game and anything else we can think of! We want the update to be informal and personal - a letter from us to you, not a dry, boring progress report."

I think I am going to be upgrading my contribution to $40.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
I have made Cyberdwarf my own, so that he might keep me company on the coldest of lonliest nights.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Frankosity posted:

I was seduced by NG+ and the game pack into upping to $60, then said What The gently caress and went for $75. That Barkleynomicon... Gotta get that Barkleynomicon...

Why would you stop there when you're just $25 away from the best reward?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

epitasis posted:

By the way I searched out that "Homestuck" version of I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing and am killing myself now as a result so gently caress you, whoever that was.

You know it's supposed to be bad on purpose, right? It's an ironic cover.

rizuhbull posted:

I had movement bound to WASD, Action bound to Numpad 4, Cancel bound to Numpad 8, and the menu bound to Numpad +. Was comfortable for me.

Line Feed fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 14, 2012

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I'm very seriously considering donating $150 when I get paid this week. A tip's line? Game's haven't had that since like, the 90's.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
OK, we've made plans for Space Jam.
What will it take to license Hybrid.xm?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

OK, we've made plans for Space Jam.
What will it take to license Hybrid.xm?

Given that Acid-Jazzed Evening was stolen wholesale by Timbaland, chiptunes are basically fair game.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

What about an original song by(or featuring) at least one of the Quad City DJs? I'm sure they'd be jumping for joy to be hired for something.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Forget Space Jam and get this in the game, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gpe4JNDWgA&t=89s

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 15, 2012

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Chilly McFreeze posted:

holy poo poo

Snuffy the Evil
Oct 9, 2012

Chilly McFreeze posted:

My ignorant Western ears cannot grasp the majesty of this work.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nobou, why?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Why would you let some rear end in a top hat called Hiroki near that thing?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Francois Kofko posted:

Im honestly surprised at the amount of TREND in this topic. This game is not for TREND.

Also, the Homestuck Aerosmith cover is hilarious. The video makes it even better, Karkat is having exactly epitasis' reaction. You can tell which people associated with Homestuck are TREND and which are TRUE DOOM-MURDERHEADS. It's pretty obvious.

Unless you're TREND or CORPORATE ATTITUDE.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I mean the Homestuck cover of "How Do I Live," not "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing." You can see it here: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003831 . Karkat is so angry. So very, very angry. It is delightful.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 15, 2012

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Homestuck was doing a parody of that song.
But using Space Jam in the Hoopz Barley saga isn't covered under parody. It's canon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cool, I love when people bring up Homestuck. Maybe we should talk about My Little Pony next.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Lurdiak posted:

Cool, I love when people bring up Homestuck. Maybe we should talk about My Little Pony next.

Cancel Barkley 2 immediately.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Chilly McFreeze posted:

I wish I had known how many different versions of this song existed before this thread.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

Lurdiak posted:

Posting about how much dislike Homestuck is really irritating. Don't do that. Just report him if it's a bad post, or ignore it otherwise.

Similarly, posting about Homestuck in here really isn't needed unless it's truly relevant. Just an FYI.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Also, the Homestuck Aerosmith cover is hilarious. The video makes it even better, Karkat is having exactly epitasis' reaction. You can tell which people associated with Homestuck are TREND and which are TRUE DOOM-MURDERHEADS. It's pretty obvious.

Unless you're TREND or CORPORATE ATTITUDE.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I mean the Homestuck cover of "How Do I Live," not "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing." You can see it here: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003831 . Karkat is so angry. So very, very angry. It is delightful.

Awesome!

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

What about an original song by(or featuring) at least one of the Quad City DJs? I'm sure they'd be jumping for joy to be hired for something.

I don't know I like this remix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uints81YYMc

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

Ha! Ha! I'll now calculate your brain age.

nerdbot posted:

I wish I had known how many different versions of this song existed before this thread.

For anyone who missed the "Earthbound Papas" version (Nobuo's loving metal band):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uGaysof7aI

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Speaking of Eternity, I've actually tried to Jamify it but it's pretty much impossible to do it right.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I really like this idea personally. It'd have to be like 1/10th the price and wouldn't carry the risk of directly alerting Time Warner to your existence. And you could have an actual rap themesong directly for the game, in that style.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Lakitu7 posted:

I really like this idea personally. It'd have to be like 1/10th the price and wouldn't carry the risk of directly alerting Time Warner to your existence. And you could have an actual rap themesong directly for the game, in that style.

Seconded. I hope Chef Boyardee sees this and replaces the Space Jam stretch goal with it (lowering the goal level as appropriate); contacting Time Warner is just too risky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Can I ask for a bit of help with the first Barkley game? I have absolutely no idea where to go at the beginning. :\ I went and talked to the shop owner, went back and talked to my son, and now I have no clue where to go.