Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Capsaicin posted:

Can I ask for a bit of help with the first Barkley game? I have absolutely no idea where to go at the beginning. :\ I went and talked to the shop owner, went back and talked to my son, and now I have no clue where to go.

Hit up the church. It's the farthest left thing on the map, the doors are kinda easy to miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

How powerful of a Game'sing rig do I need to run TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2ofHBSG? My laptop (more like craptop, heh) is pretty weak, and I don't know if it will buckle under the immense weight and girth of this substantial vidrig.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
One Quantum Leap Ziggy.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
In all seriousness though I don't think Game Maker is a particularly taxing engine so if it can run Barkley 1 well you'll most likely be okay for this too.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
I could easily be wrong but I think the only thing that would be a chokepoint for gamemaker games is ram so if for some reason you barely have any ram you might have a problem running barkley 2.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Im honestly surprised at the amount of TREND in this topic. This game is not for TREND.

Also, the Homestuck Aerosmith cover is hilarious. The video makes it even better, Karkat is having exactly epitasis' reaction. You can tell which people associated with Homestuck are TREND and which are TRUE DOOM-MURDERHEADS. It's pretty obvious.

Unless you're TREND or CORPORATE ATTITUDE.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I mean the Homestuck cover of "How Do I Live," not "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing." You can see it here: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003831 . Karkat is so angry. So very, very angry. It is delightful.

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of fans of Homestuck, Aerosmith, Armageddon and Barkley.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
The last two of these got stuck near the end of the last page. Reposted so Chef Boyardee doesn't miss them.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

What about an original song by(or featuring) at least one of the Quad City DJs? I'm sure they'd be jumping for joy to be hired for something.

Lakitu7 posted:

I really like this idea personally. It'd have to be like 1/10th the price and wouldn't carry the risk of directly alerting Time Warner to your existence. And you could have an actual rap themesong directly for the game, in that style.

BiggerJ posted:

Seconded. I hope Chef Boyardee sees this and replaces the Space Jam stretch goal with it (lowering the goal level as appropriate); contacting Time Warner is just too risky.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, getting an actual original theme song would be even cooler than getting Space Jam. And let's face it, Time Warner probably WILL sue if they get the chance. :v:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B2F2hiHxTE

Gonna up my pledge. I want Space Jam in the game.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

BiggerJ posted:

The last two of these got stuck near the end of the last page. Reposted so Chef Boyardee doesn't miss them.

Is it possible to license only the instrumental part of a song? if so it must be cheaper, so a remix about the game would be awesome.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

DrManiac posted:

Is it possible to license only the instrumental part of a song? if so it must be cheaper, so a remix about the game would be awesome.

License the terrible part of the song? What would that accomplish? :v:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

NickRoweFillea posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B2F2hiHxTE

Gonna up my pledge. I want Space Jam in the game.

Are all these "Quad City DJs vs. X" memes just alterning Space Jam's tempo to that of another song and playing them both together? I guess I shouldn't expect effort from memes, but god drat.

FedEx Mercury fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 16, 2012

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

notZaar posted:

Are all these "Quad City DJs vs. X" memes just alterning Space Jam's tempo to that of another song and playing them both together? I guess I shouldn't expect effort from memes, but god drat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uints81YYMc

Seems like it :v:

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

GARticuno is the only guy I like who makes these because he actually mixes the sound well instead of just overlay + alter tempo. Plus, he made this.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ryaomon posted:

GARticuno is the only guy I like who makes these because he actually mixes the sound well instead of just overlay + alter tempo. Plus, he made this.

I kind of like this guy too, but yeah a lot of these slams are hollow jams.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
Looking forward to Barkley 2!

I'm playing the Barkley 1 mac port, and ran across the following several nonfatal errors along the lines of the following when the Delmon Master uses his Flamesplosion attack in the fourth arena fight: (This looks like it's avoided if I just guard the whole time)

code:
for object oBattleMenu:

Error in code at line 28:
   if (global.turn.prefin=-1 && global.turn.enemy=0 && global.turn.attack=1) {

at position 17: Unknown variable prefin

for object oBattleMenu:

Error in code at line 63:
    if (global.turn.object_index=oBCyberdwarf && inf>0 && inf<4) draw_sprite(sBCyber0,inf-1,x+1,y+1);

at position 18: Unknown variable object_index

memomi
Dec 16, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is the digital download of the artbook the same as the print version in all other regards? Also, Is there a way to get BOTH sets of updates from the $40 pledges?

Bro Enlai
Nov 9, 2008

Technique posted:

Yeah, getting an actual original theme song would be even cooler than getting Space Jam. And let's face it, Time Warner probably WILL sue if they get the chance. :v:

Copyright litigation is expensive; I would be surprised if they decided to sue before ToG even has a revenue stream. Although it obviously depends on how TW is feeling that day, it's much more likely they would ask for some degree of creative control, plus royalties and an advance thereon, plus a flat fee or minimum payment.

ToG would probably be disadvantaged in negotiations by the fact that its budget is public through Kickstarter. If TW knows that ToG has $200k to spend, they know how much to ask for up front, and will probably be fairly inflexible.

e: These are some pretty good slams

Bro Enlai fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 16, 2012

Scambl
Jun 1, 2007

Anything you can do, Neil Gaiman can do better.
I think getting Charles Barkley to play the original Barkley game would be possible. He did once say "I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan."

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
Has anyone else had a problem with the first game slowing way the gently caress down during certain effects? Like the battle transitions run really slow, and Balthios's fire zauber is so slow as to be unusable. The final cinematic slowed down every time lightning struck.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Little Blue Couch posted:

Has anyone else had a problem with the first game slowing way the gently caress down during certain effects? Like the battle transitions run really slow, and Balthios's fire zauber is so slow as to be unusable. The final cinematic slowed down every time lightning struck.

Upgrade to GTX 580 at least, the game was future proofed

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I just checked to see if Barkley had a website, and discovered that he's currently holding a contest to select his new intern.

No purchase necessary to enter the “Chuck’s Intern Contest”. Contest open to legal residents of the states of Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, who reside within 120 miles of Atlanta, Georgia, age 18 or older with Internet access as of 12/12/12.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

BiggerJ posted:

I just checked to see if Barkley had a website, and discovered that he's currently holding a contest to select his new intern.

No purchase necessary to enter the “Chuck’s Intern Contest”. Contest open to legal residents of the states of Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, who reside within 120 miles of Atlanta, Georgia, age 18 or older with Internet access as of 12/12/12.
New Barkley Saga plotline found

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
So I'm assuming that he needs an intern to keep him from falling into one of the many activated cloning machines he just keeps littered around his house.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

sockpuppetclock posted:

New Barkley Saga plotline found

Infinite Crisis For Infinite Barkleys

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Staring down Internity.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I wonder if we could convince Charles Barkley to LP Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden for charity. It would probably be the first LP worth watching.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Jibo posted:

I wonder if we could convince Charles Barkley to LP Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden for charity. It would probably be the first LP worth watching.

Barkley seems like the kind of guy who if he knew about it would either find it weird and hilarious or call his lawyers immediately.

edit: his twitter background is great.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

O__O posted:

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of fans of Homestuck, Aerosmith, Armageddon and Barkley.

I think it will be fine. If we aren't able to license the Space Jam song, contacting the Quad City DJs is one of the options we've considered.

Little Blue Couch posted:

This is really strange, but it sounds like a RAM problem. Game Maker isn't a very CPU-intensive engine, but it can have some slowdown on older systems. Are you playing the Mac or the PC version?

Jibo posted:

I am sure that Charles Barkley is not only capable of performing a Barkley Gaiden let's play, but watches them all the time and is intimately familiar with the format.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
You know, Hussie is a known SUaJ:G fan. If word of this gets to him, he can command his private army of Homestucklers to give us the sweet, sweet, funding of nerds who don't know what to do with their money.

Well, more of it.

My point is that we could end up buying the rights to Loony Tunes, making the game SUPER CANON.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I think they're out of money from putting far too much into the homestuck game kickstarter, but one can hope.

deadly mawk
Sep 7, 2010

Normal people would be, sure, but for members of a fandom "disposable income" grows to include things like rent and the grocery budget.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Geight posted:

I think they're out of money from putting far too much into the homestuck game kickstarter, but one can hope.

I dunno, with the amount of money they dumped in that joke kickstarter they would gladly dump money in anything Hussie says.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

That's not Charles Barkley, though it could be Charles Barrkley.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

So I've gone and beaten the original vidcon, and I have to say I enjoyed myself. Also there were people on the internet watching and I think all of us are psyched to contribute now.

I still don't know if I am TRUE DOOM-MURDERHEAD.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

Chef Boyardee posted:

This is really strange, but it sounds like a RAM problem. Game Maker isn't a very CPU-intensive engine, but it can have some slowdown on older systems. Are you playing the Mac or the PC version?

PC version on Win7 64bit. It was only a few effects that would cause it, and I beat the game anyway, and also my computer is a capricious piece of poo poo. I was just wondering if it was a problem that other people had experienced.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Daionus the 23rd posted:

You know, Hussie is a known SUaJ:G fan. If word of this gets to him, he can command his private army of Homestucklers to give us the sweet, sweet, funding of nerds who don't know what to do with their money.

Not that we need to talk more about Homestuck, but Andrew Hussie has actually never played the game. He just tossed in a reference because people on the MSPA forums talked about it a lot. :v:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I can't help but wonder if this Kickstarter somehow inspired this:

http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/17/3777798/go-ninja-developer-bringing-new-shaquille-oneal-game-to-mobile

"Side-scroller ShaqDown's developers are adamant that the game is not a sequel to 1994's Shaq Fu, which was received poorly."

Wow, I'm so relieved. :rolleyes:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Which version of DirectX is Barkley 2 going to require by the way, Chef? I had to mug a lot of people to be able to afford a computer to run Shut up and Jam: Gaiden, so I need to know how much time I'm going to need to prowl the back alleys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt

Overflight posted:

I can't help but wonder if this Kickstarter somehow inspired this:

http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/17/3777798/go-ninja-developer-bringing-new-shaquille-oneal-game-to-mobile

"Side-scroller ShaqDown's developers are adamant that the game is not a sequel to 1994's Shaq Fu, which was received poorly."

Wow, I'm so relieved. :rolleyes:

Ugh, who wants to play this NON-CANON garbage.