Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
Maybe she is one of the persona's contained in a weapon, like the sword Baam had in his first test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
Chapter 119 was just released.

Panzerschwein posted:

Maybe she is one of the persona's contained in a weapon, like the sword Baam had in his first test.

What happened with that sword? It seemed like a huge deal in the beginning of the series, but I can't really recall it being any help at all later on.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Baam gambled it in the crown game and lost it. Then Yuri took it and the green april from Androssi and Anak.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Lamquin posted:

Chapter 119 was just released.

What happened with that sword? It seemed like a huge deal in the beginning of the series, but I can't really recall it being any help at all later on.

Chatbot oracle

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kissmanga version for those that want it vertical.

Explosions at the start. I just find that funny because of the new Borderlands 2 DLC

I'm starting to like Koon's team. Hope we see more of them. Also, calling that Dan betrays Koon's group to help Rachel, or he pretends to do it under Koon's orders.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
But goddamn, Rachel is dedicated to that lie. She has been doing it for like a decade now without cracking.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

But goddamn, Rachel is dedicated to that lie. She has been doing it for like a decade now without cracking.

Has it been a decade? That's the toughest thing to remember about this comic, that time passing isn't really shown in the characters since Tower inhabitants are long-lived.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Has it been a decade? That's the toughest thing to remember about this comic, that time passing isn't really shown in the characters since Tower inhabitants are long-lived.

It hasn't Explicitly it has been 7 years since she betrayed baam.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

It hasn't Explicitly it has been 7 years since she betrayed baam.

That was the first time skip. The duration of the second isn't clear.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

That was the first time skip. The duration of the second isn't clear.

It said that the Dan entered two years ago in Koon team, so it's nine years. I suppose.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New chapter: http://mangapirate.net/Tower_of_God/120/2

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Cool. I don't get why they aren't translating "bang" though... since it just means "room". Also why is Quant's relative white.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

erezaka posted:

Cool. I don't get why they aren't translating "bang" though... since it just means "room". Also why is Quant's relative white.

According to the Wikia wiki, "Room" is a mistranslation; it really means "Release."

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
In terms of conveying what it seems to mean, I think that Baang would probably be best translated as "object."

Myun is normally translated as "size" or "surface," but English word for what the translators are going for is "volume."

Soo is shinsoo density within a Baang.

So wave controllers vary in how many Objects they can make and control, the Volume of space they can enclose in an object, and how Dense they can make an object.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Thanks. I was just guessing based on knowing what a PC bang is and the translation earlier in ToG.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
You're welcome. I'm just looking for a more intuitive English word that doesn't contradict anything like their translation notes and such, though, not actually translating anything myself or anything.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 26, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

In terms of conveying what it seems to mean, I think that Baang would probably be best translated as "object."

Myun is normally translated as "size" or "surface," but English word for what the translators are going for is "volume."

Soo is shinsoo density within a Baang.

So wave controllers vary in how many Objects they can make and control, the Volume of space they can enclose in an object, and how Dense they can make an object.

You make room seem like a very succinct translation. Objects aren't necessarily containers, after all.

MayLanh
Apr 16, 2012

by angerbot
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tower-of-God/120?id=149040#2
who is that guy with the blue hair?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Are you talking about Prince on the last page? He's the super spoiled guy who used to "own" Yeon.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sarcophallus posted:

Are you talking about Prince on the last page? He's the super spoiled guy who used to "own" Yeon.

Used to have her as a hired muscle. Lets not antagonize the fire witch.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I liked that they figured out a way for Yeon to work with a team. She can't team-kill if no teammates are nearby!

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Latest chapter: http://mangapirate.net/Tower_of_God/121/2

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Oh boy, this is building up to a fight that's going to be cool.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
The endnotes are interesting. The Workshop has something to do with Baam's red skeleton (when Wangnan hit him with the non-shinsoo bomb), it seems. According to the Wiki, the Workshop also exists outside the Tower and (if I remember correctly) can make artificial lifeforms. I think they are explicitly mentioned as not knowing how to leave the Tower, though. Still, if he had been created for the purpose of entering the Tower, it would explain a lot about his living conditions when Rachel found him.

Of course, the skeleton could also be something FUG had added to Baam.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
I'm a little disappointed the Devil of the Right Arm isn't Horyang. They don't even look particularly similar aside from the floating symbol.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Tiramisu posted:

I'm a little disappointed the Devil of the Right Arm isn't Horyang. They don't even look particularly similar aside from the floating symbol.

Obviously, since Horyang is so nice, he's the Angel of the Right Arm :rimshot:

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New Chapter of ToG.

The editing was surprisingly horrible this time around.

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 10, 2012

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
This will fuel the theories about Baam being Colorless December.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New release! Chapter 123 is out.

122 of the Company version is out on Batoto as well.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Oh man, this is going somewhere.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Every time a new chapter comes out I ask why other stories can't be this interesting.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Miffler posted:

Every time a new chapter comes out I ask why other stories can't be this interesting.

Because they don't have gators.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Sarcophallus posted:

Because they don't have gators.

Fact.

Although, I fee like I missed something. Maybe I've been phoning in my reads of this lately but I was like 'uhhhh what?' when he confronted Baam about being the same as him. Did I just blatantly miss a reference to Baam being an ignition weapon sometime before?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

ChiTownEddie posted:

Fact.

Although, I fee like I missed something. Maybe I've been phoning in my reads of this lately but I was like 'uhhhh what?' when he confronted Baam about being the same as him. Did I just blatantly miss a reference to Baam being an ignition weapon sometime before?

Refer to the end of this chapter.

It's talking about the weird lobster thing in Baam - it's come up in a few of the Author comments as well.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Sarcophallus posted:

Refer to the end of this chapter.

It's talking about the weird lobster thing in Baam - it's come up in a few of the Author comments as well.

Ahhhh. Okay. Totally just didn't recall that haha. Thanks for reminding me :)

E: I should start reading the notes at the end of chapters haaha :blush:

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 17, 2012

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It's a bit far back and not really touched on because SiU doesn't give out information about just what the gently caress is with Baam very often.

He does it just often and well enough that you know we'll find out eventually while still keeping the mystery interesting.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Ahh that afterword. The author personally reached out and called me a dumbass for not thinking anything was suspicious about Baam going from being a scrub to being able to one shot the bull in one chapter.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

lil baby anime posted:

Ahh that afterword. The author personally reached out and called me a dumbass for not thinking anything was suspicious about Baam going from being a scrub to being able to one shot the bull in one chapter.

hahahaa Yes. I just assumed that it was Baam being Baam. I wouldnt say scrub, but the jump was like ITS A COMIC AND IT MAKES SENSE! for me hahaha

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I always thought he was just copying Laure(the sleepy guy). I guess one-shotting the Bull probably was a bit much though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

lil baby anime posted:

I am curious how much is Baam and how much is the lobster god. Before that he wasn't a fighter but he did show excellent shinsoo affinity. I feel like that ability is what allows Baam to have lobster god in the first place.