Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's the same face she makes when Howard unzips his pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Just FYI Howard did a little "Just in-case the world does end before we return.." bit at the end of yesterday's show, so I think they're off until late January. Still no talk of the HoHS :smith: Has anyone heard any promos for what they're running during the holiday break?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Holy Calamity! posted:

Just FYI Howard did a little "Just in-case the world does end before we return.." bit at the end of yesterday's show, so I think they're off until late January. Still no talk of the HoHS :smith: Has anyone heard any promos for what they're running during the holiday break?

I'm guessing the riff from "Rebel Rebel" will be played approximately one million times.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Holy Calamity! posted:

I think I heard something about interviews with TV show stars from the past and probably the best of 2012 bits.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Did anyone catch the Sharon Osbourne interview? That woman loves to say the word 'gently caress'.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I think everyone's overlooking the most important issue in that picture: The cat that Beth is holding is loving FAT AS poo poo.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

prefect posted:

I'm guessing the riff from "Rebel Rebel" will be played approximately one million times.

I used to LOVE that song.
THANKS HOWARD.

Brocktoon posted:

I think everyone's overlooking the most important issue in that picture: The cat that Beth is holding is loving FAT AS poo poo.

I pointed that out too.
I LOVE fat cats.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

haljordan posted:

Did anyone catch the Sharon Osbourne interview? That woman loves to say the word 'gently caress'.

She's a chav and those kids are a couple of turds.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Aww, Howard was so nice to buy Scott the Engineer's 300 ring.

:3:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Does anyone ever listen to the Jay Thomas show on 101? My god, he is an incredibly awful host. I don't know how big a name he is in the comedy world, but hearing his show on the drive to work in the morning has almost put me to sleep a few times.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Jay Thomas' entire claim to celebrity seems to be, as far as I can tell, that he played Carla Tortelli's second husband on 4 episodes of Cheers about 30 years ago.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

-Atom- posted:

Aww, Howard was so nice to buy Scott the Engineer's 300 ring.

:3:

I thought so too. A perfect game is a big deal, (especially with all the poo poo Howard has given Scott over the years for loving to bowl.) You could tell that Scott was a little choked up.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

The only good Jay Thomas Show moment was when he had Kevin Bacon on the phone and started asking him about the millions of dollars he lost to Bernie Madoff, and Bacon goes completely silent, leaving Thomas stammering and stuttering for the remainder of the interview.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Jay Thomas had a leading or supporting role in a few sitcoms. Wasn't he also the baby daddy in Murphy Brown?

Wow. I never thought I'd type that sitcom name in the year 2012.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

ultraviolence123 posted:

The only good Jay Thomas Show moment was when he had Kevin Bacon on the phone and started asking him about the millions of dollars he lost to Bernie Madoff, and Bacon goes completely silent, leaving Thomas stammering and stuttering for the remainder of the interview.

He seem to be really good at shoving his foot into his mouth and then blowing it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joe Don Baker posted:

Jay Thomas had a leading or supporting role in a few sitcoms. Wasn't he also the baby daddy in Murphy Brown?

Wow. I never thought I'd type that sitcom name in the year 2012.

Yes, Jay Thomas was on Murphy Brown. As I understand it, he was a DJ in New York, Howard took his job, he went to LA, became somewhat successful, wound up on Mork and Mindy, Cheers, and Murphy Brown.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Just catching up on this past week and just finished Monday's episode, and yeah, I agree with everyone here that Howard's new 'Leno monologue' segment is god-awful. And he tries to frame it in his typical way, where he doesn't set up the segment at all and pretends he's just saying poo poo off the top of his head. Robin being the only cackling audience is kind of ironically funny though.

I wonder who's writing these jokes for him. They sound too lame to be from Benjy. Shuli maybe?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

prefect posted:

Yes, Jay Thomas was on Murphy Brown. As I understand it, he was a DJ in New York, Howard took his job, he went to LA, became somewhat successful, wound up on Mork and Mindy, Cheers, and Murphy Brown.

I believe that Jay makes most of his money on real estate. He got kicked off Cheers for making some remark about a cast member so they killed him off.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

porkfriedrice posted:

Artie you loving junkie. He's missed two shows this week and cancelled his standup show in Boston this past weekend. If you didn't listen to Monday's show because he wasn't there, at least listen to the second(?) hour, he calls in and it sounds like all his other "sick" calls on Stern. "Violently throwing up." Nick's been sick for like two weeks or something and hasn't missed a day.

Welp, I was wrong. No Nick tonight.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

porkfriedrice posted:

Welp, I was wrong. No Nick tonight.

So it's the Artie and Boschetti show? Yess, this one's probably a definite listen for anyone who doesn't normally follow the show.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

Holy Calamity! posted:

So it's the Artie and Boschetti show? Yess, this one's probably a definite listen for anyone who doesn't normally follow the show.

It's actually not as good as you'd think. They have that Brent guy who came in with Brian Jones serving as cohost and he doesn't really fit in. Too clean cut. Artie seems to be holding back a little.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
That's the worst news ever, Artie and Boschetti would've been something to behold. Nick already controls too much of the show in my opinion, I'd like to see what it was like with Artie taking the reigns.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
They do have Mike sitting at the table with them, and when he talks to Mike it's pretty good. But the banter with Brent is bad.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

qbert posted:

I wonder who's writing these jokes for him. They sound too lame to be from Benjy. Shuli maybe?

Mike Morse.

https://twitter.com/mikemorsesays

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
The Back Office Radio Show from Thursday was nuts, they just covered the Christmas party for 2 hours. It was Will, Jason, JD, and Teddy doing the show with Gary and John Lieberman calling in. Rundown from what I remember:

-Party was at a high end sea food place (Nobu?)

-Teddy tried to outlast the Christy's and be the last person to leave the party, wasn't successful.

-Lisa G brought a "date" who turned out to be her neighbor who was a huge fan of the show. People were wondering why she even tried.

-Robin was there, was the first time a lot of staff members had seen her in awhile.

-When asked by a caller if Robin had a date, the answer was yes; "an entourage of wine-experts" per bababooey. She showed up with 5 or 6 wine experts in tow I guess??

-Lieberman got hammered, horrified his wife who showed up a few hours after him. Grabbed the rear end of a female friend brought by someone else "And held on for way too long", per the friend. He danced horribly and apparently fell out of his chair at one point.

-JD didn't bring a date out of respect, has a complex with requiring that women like him for him and not for the show.

-JD was rushing somewhere in a hurry and bumped into Don Buchwald, causing him to spill champagne on his suit. Don gave JD "a death stare" as he continued shuffling along, apparently unaware of what he did. Word started getting around about what happened and he started staunchly denying it.

-Howard was apparently sober, while nearly everyone else was drinking.

-Lots of staff members didn't bring wives for the first time, Sal and I can't remember who else.

-Benjy's girlfriend made Rachel Fine cry, they speculated that it had something to do with them both being singers and Benjy making some comment about his girlfriend being more talented them her in the past or something

Hope I didn't forget anything. Unrelated but next week John Hein's hosting a "TV star guests" special :effort:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJPllU81EI4

Artie doesn't look that terrible, relatively speaking.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Holy Calamity! posted:

The Back Office Radio Show from Thursday was nuts, they just covered the Christmas party for 2 hours. It was Will, Jason, JD, and Teddy doing the show with Gary and John Lieberman calling in. Rundown from what I remember:

-Teddy tried to outlast the Christy's and be the last person to leave the party, wasn't successful.

-Lisa G brought a "date" who turned out to be her neighbor who was a huge fan of the show. People were wondering why she even tried.

-Robin was there, was the first time a lot of staff members had seen her in awhile.

-When asked by a caller if Robin had a date, the answer was yes; "an entourage of wine-experts" per bababooey. She showed up with 5 or 6 wine experts in tow I guess??

-Lieberman got hammered, horrified his wife who showed up a few hours after him. Grabbed the rear end of a female friend brought by someone else "And held on for way too long", per the friend. He danced horribly and apparently fell out of his chair at one point.

-JD didn't bring a date out of respect, has a complex with requiring that women like him for him and not for the show.

-JD was rushing somewhere in a hurry and bumped into Don Buchwald, causing him to spill champagne on his suit. Don gave JD "a death stare" as he continued shuffling along, apparently unaware of what he did. Word started getting around about what happened and he started staunchly denying it.

-Lots of staff members didn't bring wives for the first time, Sal and I can't remember who else.

-Benjy's girlfriend made Rachel Fine cry, they speculated that it had something to do with them both being singers and Benjy making some comment about his girlfriend being more talented them her in the past or something

Hope I didn't forget anything. Unrelated but next week John Hein's hosting a "TV star guests" special :effort:

Didn't Sal also tell someone's wife that he loved her face, he loved her hair, he loved her body, he loved her nails...

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story, real briefly?

*PBLTHBLTHTBTLTHTHTLHTTHHHHHHHHHH*

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
https://twitter.com/EricTheActor11

Is this the little poo poo's real Twitter? He's basically exploded into ridculousness in the last day with some troll account accusing him of being racist and snapping on everyone congratulating him on "coming out". Apparently ignoring him just isn't in the midget's abilities.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Holy Calamity! posted:

Oh Jesus, I can't believe I missed this episode. It sounds fantastic.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Godinster posted:

Is this the little poo poo's real Twitter? He's basically exploded into ridculousness in the last day with some troll account accusing him of being racist and snapping on everyone congratulating him on "coming out". Apparently ignoring him just isn't in the midget's abilities.

Its like 100 tweets in the last 24 hours. It cant not be him.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Godinster posted:

His real twitter is something like sportsfan79 and last I checked (admittedly a very long time ago) you can't read his tweets without him following you first.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
Ok my brother and I just came up with a new twitter game. Whats the most outrageous insane question you can ask Eric that he will actually respond to.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second

Ransom posted:

Ok my brother and I just came up with a new twitter game. Whats the most outrageous insane question you can ask Eric that he will actually respond to.

"Is your dick club-shaped, like your foot?"

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

beep by grandpa posted:

His real twitter is something like sportsfan79 and last I checked (admittedly a very long time ago) you can't read his tweets without him following you first.

Years ago that was the case but he changed it and that is actually his Twitter.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Crotch Bat posted:

Years ago that was the case but he changed it and that is actually his Twitter.

Yeah, I had my doubts when I first looked at it, but I quickly realized nobody's running a fake Eric Twitter with 100+ tweets a day. He will respond to any drat thing you send him and the entirety of his feed is him screaming at people.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Eric's twitter is:
http://www.twitter.com/allsports1975

:ssh: (it's also his AOL s/n and PSN gamer ID) :ssh:

edit: this one is too:
https://twitter.com/erictheactorlynch

But he never admits it, I remember this account was brought up because it mentioned something about some stuffed animal toys he liked, Stern pointed that out and he denied it...although the toys were on his Amazon wish list. :laffo: Wish Langford called him out on it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Didn't Lieberman swear he would never drink at a party after being called out as a drunk at the last one?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Holy Calamity! posted:

"5 or 6 wine experts"? You gotta be loving kidding me. I really hope they were there to provide advice to everyone at the party but even that is really ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"

Cliche Guevara posted:

:ssh: (it's also his AOL s/n and PSN gamer ID) :ssh:

He can use a control pad with those claws he has :0