Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

So... why is Anzu literally Hitler?

If you can't figure it out on your own, then there's no point in us telling you. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

So... why is Anzu literally Hitler?

Because Oorai needs Lebensgeld.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ok... I kinda get it now.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Guyver posted:

Well good and bad news then. Both episodes 11 and 12 aren't going to air till march and the director is hinting at more of the show after 12.

Goddamit. This show is one of the few good recent light-hearted shows, so of course it's the one beset by problems. Here's to hoping they work something out, so that we can watch Girls und Panzer 2: Die Uberkrieg in March instead.

EDIT: If they move onto college or something, you think they'll be allowed to pilot modern tanks?

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car

ADTRW spoils us, I sometimes forget what other anime fans are like.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So, despite the announced delay, we have our final matchup of tanks shown, and it's a doozy.

First off, we have Black Forest:

Confirmed to have brought 20 tanks, of which 18 have been identified.
These were mentioned by Miho:
- 10 Panthers
- 1 Tiger I
These were actually shown:
- 1 Tiger II
- 1 Ferdinand "Elefant"
- 1 Jagdpanther
- 1 Jagdtiger
- 3 Jagdpanzer IVs

Oh, and their marching theme is Erika.

Against them we have Oorai:

Bringing 8 tanks, they've made some modifications.
- 1 Stug III F
- 1 M3 Lee
- 1 Type 89
- 1 Type 3
- 1 Char B1 bis
- 1 Tiger(P)
- 1 Hetzer, upgraded from the Pz 38(t)
- 1 Pz IV, looking like it's upgraded again. I think it's an H model now but at the very least it looks like it's carrying the L/48.

Apparently for this last battle Oorai's flag tank is the Pz IV, while Black Forest's is the Tiger I.

We'll have to wait a few months, but I'm genuinely curious if and how Oorai will pull a win. Black Forest is running multiple vehicles which honestly could likely solo the entire Oorai team with a tiny bit of luck. All three Tigers significantly outrange everything except the Tiger(P) Oorai has, and the Tiger II and Jagdtiger have significantly better armor to boot. There is literally nothing Oorai has that can penetrate the frontal armor of the Jagdtiger and, assuming it actually has an experienced crew, could easily be used as an anvil. It doesn't help that several Oorai tanks-the Type 89, the Char, and the Lee-are effectively only useful as possible scouts and 'ablative' armor for the more useful ones. We'll just have to wait and see.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Anzu will disable half the panthers by firing into the barrel of their main gun. :riker:

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

You know, I thought that rant against 'moe' in this show was a bit unnecessary, but it's been bugging me for awhile and I felt it needed to be said.

However, learning that the worthless recap episode was likely due to a goddamn animator deliberately adding panty shots to this show.. this is why 'moe' is a problem. If you feel that the characters are so dull, boring and uninteresting outside of the theme of the show that you need to appeal to borderline pedophile bait, you might want to reassess just what in the hell you are doing with this show.

Thanks for the update Lord Koth, looks like your atypical 'odds are 1,000,000:1 the Ooari team could beat them, bet on the 1' situation. Also, the Tiger P could technically pen the lower plate of the JT just fine from the front. And there's a strong chance the JT's 12.8 shell would bounce off the 200mm front hull armor on the Tiger P. That could be a thing. Also interesting choice they decided to retire the 38t, I guess the IS-2 utterly clobbered it beyond repair(still haven't seen episode 10). Kind of cool they maintained the nationality of the tank, Czech 38t to Czech Hetzer.

I don't know if someone spoiled episode 10 or not in the WoT thread, but did the Tiger P really get stuck during it's first run, overheat and set on fire? A quick yes/no will suffice, though I can hardly believe they would do something like that.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
No one was able to come up with the source for a panty shot frame causing the delays so I would say that's just a rumour and very unlikely to be the truth. Why would a few frames that could easily be replaced cause a whole episode to be delayed?

And yes, the Tiger Porsche did catch on fire. It happens pretty early in the episode.

The show has confirmed that the further you go in the tournament the more tanks you're allowed. That explains why the first round was 10 tanks, the third 15, and the final round being 20.

Lord Koth posted:

These were mentioned by Miho:
- 10 Panthers
- 1 Tiger I
She also says they have a Jagdpanther. It's the third tank from the bottom left of the chart she circles.

Edit: Oh yeah. I found it hilarious that the Type 3's crew are basically WOT players. Their gimmick is that they play an online tank game and wanted to drive a real tank.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Dec 18, 2012

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Isizzlehorn posted:

You know, I thought that rant against 'moe' in this show was a bit unnecessary, but it's been bugging me for awhile and I felt it needed to be said.

However, learning that the worthless recap episode was likely due to a goddamn animator deliberately adding panty shots to this show.. this is why 'moe' is a problem. If you feel that the characters are so dull, boring and uninteresting outside of the theme of the show that you need to appeal to borderline pedophile bait, you might want to reassess just what in the hell you are doing with this show.
Even assuming the story is true (and it sounds like a shaggy-dog story), I don't see how you get from "an animator added it in and the studio went to great lengths to remove it" to "adding the panty shots was necessary for the show to work." It seems like they didn't need or want them. Maybe it was an animator doing it for a lark, like the sex things that popped up occasionally in Disney movies and posters?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Isizzlehorn posted:

Also, the Tiger P could technically pen the lower plate of the JT just fine from the front. And there's a strong chance the JT's 12.8 shell would bounce off the 200mm front hull armor on the Tiger P. That could be a thing. Also interesting choice they decided to retire the 38t, I guess the IS-2 utterly clobbered it beyond repair(still haven't seen episode 10). Kind of cool they maintained the nationality of the tank, Czech 38t to Czech Hetzer.

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I glanced at the numbers again and the Tiger(P) can indeed penetrate the JT's glacis plate at 1km out, so there is that. Still, as predicted it's the mechanics driving it and the casemate is much more likely to be hit, but it could happen. On a side note, where's the 200mm armor on the Porsche referenced from? I was glancing at both Wiki and Achtungpanzer and both listed it at between 80-100mm on most facings, with the sides being 60. If it does have 200mm then yeah, it would be good for taking shots. Incidentally, now that I've skimmed the episode, I think the JT's the Sd.Kfz.185 variant with the 8.8cm Pak43 rather than the standard one with the 12.8 Pak44.

As for the 38t to Hetzer, you're mixing up your tanks. The one that got clobbered by the IS-2 at the end of 9 was the Type 89 which, unfortunately, is still around. The 38t simply got hit by a T-34/85 and rolled a few times, but still seemed to be in reasonable condition.

As for the end of 10: The Type 3's already dead. Took a hit from the King Tiger.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lord Koth posted:

On a side note, where's the 200mm armor on the Porsche referenced from?

The only Porsche Tiger to see action, a command tank on the eastern front, had 100 mm plates bolted to the front.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zettace posted:

Oh yeah. I found it hilarious that the Type 3's crew are basically WOT players. Their gimmick is that they play an online tank game and wanted to drive a real tank.

On the WoT forums, it was mentioned that some of the show's crew actually have a WoT tank group/clan/whatever; maybe that was the inspiration?

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Zettace posted:

And yes, the Tiger Porsche did catch on fire. It happens pretty early in the episode.

Zettace posted:

Edit: Oh yeah. I found it hilarious that the Type 3's crew are basically WOT players. Their gimmick is that they play an online tank game and wanted to drive a real tank.

Far as gimmicks go in this show, that's surprisingly creative and meta at the same time.

Lord Koth posted:

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I glanced at the numbers again and the Tiger(P) can indeed penetrate the JT's glacis plate at 1km out, so there is that. Still, as predicted it's the mechanics driving it and the casemate is much more likely to be hit, but it could happen. On a side note, where's the 200mm armor on the Porsche referenced from? I was glancing at both Wiki and Achtungpanzer and both listed it at between 80-100mm on most facings, with the sides being 60. If it does have 200mm then yeah, it would be good for taking shots. Incidentally, now that I've skimmed the episode, I think the JT's the Sd.Kfz.185 variant with the 8.8cm Pak43 rather than the standard one with the 12.8 Pak44.

As for the 38t to Hetzer, you're mixing up your tanks. The one that got clobbered by the IS-2 at the end of 9 was the Type 89 which, unfortunately, is still around. The 38t simply got hit by a T-34/85 and rolled a few times, but still seemed to be in reasonable condition.

As for the end of 10: The Type 3's already dead. Took a hit from the King Tiger.

Interesting, so there's is a better chance for the Tiger P against the JT afterall. Unless I'm totally confused and the fight against Black Forest started already during episode 10, and the Tiger's already out of action..

Thanks for the correction, I always seem to get the Type 89 and 38t confused. They must really, really want to keep a Japanese tank in action, despite how unbelievably lovely they are.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Isizzlehorn posted:

Far as gimmicks go in this show, that's surprisingly creative and meta at the same time.

Interesting, so there's is a better chance for the Tiger P against the JT afterall. Unless I'm totally confused and the fight against Black Forest started already during episode 10, and the Tiger's already out of action..

Thanks for the correction, I always seem to get the Type 89 and 38t confused. They must really, really want to keep a Japanese tank in action, despite how unbelievably lovely they are.

If they wanted a Japanese Tank so badly, they could have used a Type 4 Chi-To, ehich is the best Japanese Tank that fits the rules in-universe. The type 5 Chi-Ri would be the better choice, but I don't think it qualifies due to being an incomplete prototype, and the fact the only prototype is nowhere to be found means it's unlikely to appear.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
At least the Japanese tank isn't hyped up to be an invincible killing machine. Has it killed anything at all so far?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Oh god waiting 3 months for the end of this is going to be cruel.

Is there anything else I can watch/read/play to get my fix of moe tank action?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

You want moe tank action? Play WoT and for moe tank action!

I hope these tanks are moe enough for you.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Pyronic posted:

Oh god waiting 3 months for the end of this is going to be cruel.

Is there anything else I can watch/read/play to get my fix of moe tank action?

I'd say Dominion Tank Police what with Bonaparte being the moe-ist tank of them all.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
"We're World of Tanks nerds" Oh Commie! :allears:

What's so face palming about the Tiger P catching fire?

I love how as opposed to your typical dictator Katyusha was rather composed and dignified in defeat... once she was done crying of course :3:

I respect it as I'm a sore loser myself.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 18, 2012

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Panzer Vor:

I don't play WOT myself. Are those new characters an accurate portrayal.?

VictualSquid fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 18, 2012

lodoubt
Apr 9, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

tonberrytoby posted:

I uh... would probably say no, but then we don't have a whole lot to judge them on.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
So let me get this straight, Germany and Japan were victorious? I'm just going to take a stab in the dark at this, but the show never talks about the results of WWII, does it? That with mindless anime thinly taped over it might actually be fun to watch.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Truculent Twisty posted:

So let me get this straight, Germany and Japan were victorious? I'm just going to take a stab in the dark at this, but the show never talks about the results of WWII, does it? That with mindless anime thinly taped over it might actually be fun to watch.

No, that's just the OP being silly. It's not a bad show, though.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tonberrytoby posted:

Panzer Vor:

yes, but they should also be Nazi fetishists

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Silver2195 posted:

Well that's good to know. Being Chinese and Jewish and having family members that suffered during their occupation, any glorification of the Nazi Party or Imperialist Japan or the omission of their war crimes rubs me the wrong way.

With this delay, I'll have more time to catch up and not be left behind.

And just to clarify, I wasn't offended by the OP. Although including the actual show summary hidden in spoilers and making it clear that the whole thing with the Axis Powers winning being a joke would be helpful to avoid confusion and give the joke a better taste.

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 19, 2012

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, it's worth remembering that the OP is from the days when the forum collectively assumed that the odds on any of them unironically liking this show would be somewhere slightly below zero.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Do the subs ever stop sprinkling in unnecessary German words?

Edit: This is seriously annoying. It's worse than 'stereotypical german speaking english'.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 19, 2012

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

There should be a sub track that is German-free.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

DerLeo posted:

There should be a sub track that is German-free.

Good, cause this isn't charming at all, and contributed to me initially thinking the OP was more serious than it is, despite it being a fan-sub presumably.

I speak German, I don't need it in my English dub of a bizarre anime to this extend.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The german subs improve the show dramatically

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Psykmoe posted:

Good, cause this isn't charming at all, and contributed to me initially thinking the OP was more serious than it is, despite it being a fan-sub presumably.

I speak German, I don't need it in my English dub of a bizarre anime to this extend.

anyone but commie does the subs you want. The German is terrible. Anyone who speaks German should be cringing when they see it.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation

Fauxtool posted:

anyone but commie does the subs you want. The German is terrible. Anyone who speaks German should be cringing when they see it.

The translator is a native German speaker, actually.

But yes, there is an appropriately named alternate sub track included if you hate fun.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Was that movie they were watching an adaptation of Kelly's Heroes? It looked like a scene from that.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

Silver2195 posted:

Oh, I'm actually disappointed then! :( what's the real premise of the show then?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Truculent Twisty posted:

Oh, I'm actually disappointed then! :( what's the real premise of the show then?

Tank warfare as a sport played by high school girls in the future. They also live on an aircraft carrier, for some reason.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Arbite posted:

Was that movie they were watching an adaptation of Kelly's Heroes? It looked like a scene from that.
That was exactly the question I was planning to ask.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Huh. According to :tvtropes: there's been a bunch of references to the movie all along.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I love how the Germans surprised them by going through the forest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
The history nerds are superior to the tank nerds, just like in real life. :hist101:

• Locked thread