Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I loved it. History proved me right about Farts and Procreation, and will prove me right with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Gotta say the Christmas ep was a let down after last year, no games, new characters that were rather boring, and really limited interaction between all the guests. PFT and Harris are silent the majority of the episode.

While I can't disagree with your specific complaints, I thought it was a great episode. Usually I can keep my composure while listening at work, but there were several moments that had me stifling some big laughs. Hearing the guests crack each other up always adds so much.

For once I didn't mind the lack of a WYR. With this many people it'd just be messy.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Also for the Wompcast, I thought Saucerman could have not been in it and it would've been as good. He drew some focus away from the new characters and from Listler, who we haven't heard from since her first and only appearance. So my main complaint was that it didn't seem long enough, but I love the theme song and the prospect of more.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I meant more like the rap battle or something else like jukebox jury, or whatever, I am not a super funny comedian.

Also I really enjoyed it, I was just comparing it to last year's, which may have been the funniest thing ever.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Tremendous episode. From the fourth act on it was just beautiful hilarity.

I can't understand citing "no games" as a drawback. The games are fine but to me the sign of a great episode is when they truck right through games time because there's so much improv momentum.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I loved it. History proved me right about Farts and Procreation, and will prove me right with this one.

Count me in your camp then. I still think the Holiday eps have consistently been the best ones, and this year is no different.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

epitasis posted:

I can't understand citing "no games" as a drawback. The games are fine but to me the sign of a great episode is when they truck right through games time because there's so much improv momentum.

But there was no momentum. They slowly added in characters and only talked to them which broke the show into multiple parts that had little interaction between everyone there. Matt Besser changing characters 3 times did nothing for me, and Nick Kroll was nothing special with his new character. Daly and PFT owned, Wittels was mostly silent, and the new no nos were just ok.

Its not bad at all and I laughed a good amount, but it never had me rolling like other holiday episodes have.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I mean no Holiday episode will ever be as good as Episode 85 with Colin Hanks. I still liked this one a whole lot. Jon Daly was pretty great and I missed Ice T a lot.

Silver Belz.

As for the wompcast, i hope to hell there is more.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Auritech posted:

I don't care, any time Bill Cosby Bukowski is anywhere, my heart is filled with joy.

NEW HO HO HO

This is your last Malcolm Jamal Warning: I love Dick. Wolf. I love wolf dick.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Re: Episode 85 - I haven't listened to it since last Christmas, but who did Neil Campbell play on it? I don't remember him at all. Everyone else on that episode (and maybe him I guess?) were amazing though, it's definitely one of my favorites.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think he played one or more of the first characters.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Poopy Palpy posted:

This is your last Malcolm Jamal Warning

This did it for me. I have no idea why, maybe I was just in a punchy kind of mood, but I lost for for a full five minutes at that line.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

This did it for me. I have no idea why, maybe I was just in a punchy kind of mood, but I lost for for a full five minutes at that line.

Lisa Bonet is not getting enough work

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Ice-T's Maldives santa mythology had me cracking up visibly as I walked down the street. Completely slayed me.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

or scott not understanding his lisp lmao

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Jesus Christ, this episode reduced me to tears multiple times. Every character worked for me, none of them overstayed their welcome. Bill Cosby Bukowski instantly makes everything better. I want a jPhone lime with a Rudy locator.

"You gotta keep it separated!"

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Jon Daly is a funny mother fucker.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Loved Christmas special (opening catchphrase really got me for some reason). Womptacular was great too - agreed that Scott probably doesn't need to be on the next one, I think exploring her crazy universe is probably a good way to go though. Mantzoukas as Gutterballs is brilliant (also funny Jess St. Clair referenced his real life lethal egg allergy), could not stop dream-casting the characters mentioned so while I was listening. I wanna say Rodney - Brett Gelman, Danielle - Gillian Jacobs, Marissa's Mom Diane/Denise - Amy Poehler.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Rodney should be John Hamm but he never speaks, just rustles his 3 trenchcoats.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GraPar posted:

Loved Christmas special (opening catchphrase really got me for some reason). Womptacular was great too - agreed that Scott probably doesn't need to be on the next one

Yeah, I think Scott worked well to set up the first episode, mainly as he has the most experience with the technical aspects of hosting a show, but going forward it should be very much 'their' thing and not a sub-CBB. Really glad Mantzoukas worked so well for Gutterballs, although they really need to update the picture of him on the site... seeing him without the Rafi beard just seems wrong and infinitely more terrifying.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Rodney should be John Hamm but he never speaks, just rustles his 3 trenchcoats.

What? Why do you say that? He talks to me all the time.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

"Guess who I am."

"Are you Ice-T?"

"Well, yes, but guess who I'm being in this costume."

"Are you Santer-Crantz?"

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Ice-T is the best Paul F. character. I still laugh at the mere idea of Ice-T's crib death and small P.O.C. blankets.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I badly need that get-Lenny-Kravitz-out-of-your-kitchen app.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Finally got around to the episode today, and holy poo poo. The early impressions of "a bit disappointing" were completely wrong. What a fantastic episode overall. I still don't like Björk as a character very much, despite how funny I think Besser is, but every other part was spliting my sides the whole time. Somehow, everyone being angry at Harris for one reason or another always kills me.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

SpacePig posted:

Finally got around to the episode today, and holy poo poo. The early impressions of "a bit disappointing" were completely wrong. What a fantastic episode overall. I still don't like Björk as a character very much, despite how funny I think Besser is, but every other part was spliting my sides the whole time. Somehow, everyone being angry at Harris for one reason or another always kills me.

Right? Like it was so consistently fun I was pretty much giggling the whole time.

And I love the runner of PFT characters being completely annoyed by Harris. This episode didn't dovetail as nicely as the last Christmas special but it's still awesome.

Jon Daly breaking character during the plug section, Harris just weirdly dropping that recycling's a sham, FaceLime, "What's your paradise?", "Also, something funnier"... I keep remembering poo poo that makes me laugh.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I know this is way off topic but I think my favorite line of this year was

"If you're in a room and its hot, then it's exercise"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Politicalrancor posted:

I know this is way off topic but I think my favorite line of this year was

"If you're in a room and its hot, then it's exercise"

That may have been the highlight of Farts & Pro 2 for me. Adam Scott puts just the right amount of frustration into his voice as his argument goes on.

"If you do jumping jacks, in a cold room, YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"What about those Everest climbers?"

"...pussies!"

Beeez
May 28, 2012

epitasis posted:

Yeah, I don't really think the games are an integral part of the show at all. In fact, if I were Mott Scockerman, I'd save the games until they're really needed to punch up a show that's dying. But maybe that's just me.

burmart posted:

Ice-T is the best Paul F. character. I still laugh at the mere idea of Ice-T's crib death and small P.O.C. blankets.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I like every PFT character, but it seems like he does Cake Boss, the worst one, most while doing the best ones, Ice-T and Werner Herzog, very little. And maybe I'm the only one, but I'd like for him to do Michael Jackson's ghost and Danny Glover again, because those were just totally ridiculous and he was clearly enjoying himself.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Beeez posted:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I like every PFT character, but it seems like he does Cake Boss, the worst one, most while doing the best ones, Ice-T and Werner Herzog, very little. And maybe I'm the only one, but I'd like for him to do Michael Jackson's ghost and Danny Glover again, because those were just totally ridiculous and he was clearly enjoying himself.

"I'm in Heeeeeelven"
I want a cleaner recording of that episode so bad... You've got to have heard PFT over the phone before and be listening carefully to appreciate how funny that bit is.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The discussion about his lisp, and the amazing ambiguity as to what he was saying, had me in absolute stitches. I seriously can't wait to see him live (and it astounds me that his 10 night, 150 capacity venue run in London still seems to have tickets available each night. I think Delaney sold out all his tickets in like an hour or something).

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Analytic Engine posted:

"I'm in Heeeeeelven"
I want a cleaner recording of that episode so bad... You've got to have heard PFT over the phone before and be listening carefully to appreciate how funny that bit is.

For sure. It's a bit frustrating but if listen closely or use headphones or something it's hysterical.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Beeez posted:

Yeah, I don't really think the games are an integral part of the show at all. In fact, if I were Mott Scockerman, I'd save the games until they're really needed to punch up a show that's dying. But maybe that's just me.

Its Mott the Hoopleman.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Love any conversation between Scott and PFT not in character, always brilliant. Obviously such a great episode. Forgot how unbearable the voice of Lauren Lapkus' Tracy is (so much so that it's almost impressive).

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

GraPar posted:

Love any conversation between Scott and PFT not in character, always brilliant. Obviously such a great episode. Forgot how unbearable the voice of Lauren Lapkus' Tracy is (so much so that it's almost impressive).

My favourite pure PFT and Scott moment from the 2nd Anniversary podcast:

"That was Truck...uh... Radley? What was his name?"
"Truck Radley that's right!"
"I gotta right this stuff down!"
"Nah you don't."
"Ahhh you're right."

The way they play off each other is brilliant to listen to.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Blown away that the Bjork vs Ben Schwartz episode isn't in the top five.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Christmas episode amazing. All the guests were top tier.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Scott Aukerman and BJ Porter haven't been partners for a couple years now, right? Anybody know the story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Scott and Paul had me beaming today when they broke into the Cantina theme. Also I feel like I'm playing chicken with the special guest. I know he'll appear before the end, but when?