Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now
Riverrs, I am biased but I would say shaman all the way. I have been boxing my shaman since like 2005.

I've been tanking with bard, healing with shaman, biggest issue is aggro, mage pet might be better and just have bard sing.

Biggest issue I am thinking of with raids is the scripted stuff like jelvan, vishimitar, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

BJA posted:

bard-related things

I box a bard/druid/SK and I have to say that the bard is perhaps the best class for a 3-box setup. With their being much less need of active Crown Control these days, a bard is fantastic. Bards don't do much DPS alone, but their real value is in their songs and the higher DPS/stronger nukes/faster mana regen that they can bring passively. With the /melody command these days, a bard can add so much to a group without even being actively controlled. I usually have a rogue/wizard/cleric mark, and between tanking/pulling with my SK and spot healing/nuking with my druid, it's all I can do to accomplish anything.

Even after so many months, it still feels weird to not have to twist songs...

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

JustJeff88 posted:

Care to name some specific examples? I have an 80 SK with 2.0 and all of the mitigation/avoidance AA's, so I might want to have a go.

80 is probably too low, you can probably get through PoTime if your gear is good. 85 MAYBE for CoA, more likely 90. I was at 95 when I plowed through a bunch of raids to farm Eternal Grove ornaments. The DoN dragons before Vish are probably in the 85-90 range.

I might be underestimating SK power on a few of those, but gear and levels make a huge difference on these.

Edit:

The raid list I was using to farm EG (L80+ bosses) was:

PoP: PoTime
LoN: All of them are soloable, I think none will drop EG.
GoD: ???
OoW: CoA
DoN: Kessdona the Enlightened, Rikkukin, Tirranun, Yar`Lir the Living Storm. There a bunch more raids an SK can solo in here, but those are the ones that drop EG.

DoDH: Haru, The Corathus Beast, There's more you can do in this expansion, but I couldn't figure out which raids needing pre-flagging to request. Some Dreadspire events are too complex to solo.

PoR: The open zone dragons in Relic, Devastation and Sevrag are easy. A lot of raids need pre-flagging to request and are too complex to solo.

For a very well geared SK, there are soloable raids all the way up to the first SoD raid.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 18, 2012

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Potime on an 80 SK will be tedious and slow as gently caress. Stuff there has massive amounts of hitpoints and you will be there for 5 hours.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Pon de Bundy posted:

Potime on an 80 SK will be tedious and slow as gently caress. Stuff there has massive amounts of hitpoints and you will be there for 5 hours.

Well, I could also bring my 80 druid, 80 bard, and 3 mercs. They are all in full min level 80 gear, so other than a few augs, they aren't getting much better.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

JustJeff88 posted:

Well, I could also bring my 80 druid, 80 bard, and 3 mercs. They are all in full min level 80 gear, so other than a few augs, they aren't getting much better.

No mercs in raid instances. But having the extra two characters does help a lot in kill speed and survivability.

But there's a big difference in gear from L80 stuff to what I was using at 95. Or even the 95 tradable gear, at least twice as many hps per a piece. 950-1k to 2k to 2400. Plus a ton of AAs and spell lines that you don't even have yet.

SKs may turn into gods against lower level content, but not against things that required 36-54 players 10 levels below you.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Really enjoying eq after coming back. Anyone recommend a zone for easy aa's for a 71 mage?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Cbear posted:

Really enjoying eq after coming back. Anyone recommend a zone for easy aa's for a 71 mage?

Paw. Get the AA to heal your pet while using the Summoned nuke and it's an AA breeze for as long as you stay sane.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dubious posted:

it's an AA breeze for as long as you stay sane.

This is my problem. I love EQ, but it gets so boring just grinding out hundreds of AA's in one spot.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Which AA is this? I can't seem to be finding it >_<

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

RCarr posted:

This is my problem. I love EQ, but it gets so boring just grinding out hundreds of AA's in one spot.

I honestly don't know how people do it. If I hadn't been able to swarm, I'd have quit before I ever saw 250 AA. It's not bad once you're relatively caught-up and can do progression or gear camping while you get AAs on the side, but that first 500-1k are just miserable even when you can swarm

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I just wanted to talk about my tremendous stroke of luck this past 24 hours - I'm practically giddy.

Yesterday I ran my 32 Frog wizard through the Staff of Temperate Flux quest (it's an instant-click item with a slight FR/CR debuff and infinite charges). I had my 80 druid there as backup, but I got very lucky on drops from rare spawns. Later, I scraped together for a mount for the little guy (cheapest black Drogmor, but it's for combat, not travel). Late last night, I went to Kurn's tower to see if I could farm up a Solist's Icy Wand. Given the horror stories, I wasn't very optimistic. After about 90 minutes and having killed several hundred mobs in their teens, I got one to drop off of the last mob I was going to kill before I called it a night.

But wait, it gets better! I logged on this morning and ran my bard to KC to see that VS was up. I slapped him around and was able to run my wizard there (with my druid clearing the way) in time to loot the Gnarled Staff for the wizard 1.0. My druid has a staff from Phinigel for MQ purposes, so I just need to get my frog up to planar level and I can finish his Staff of the Four.

I just wanted to share my run of good luck with you all. Thanks for listening.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure drop rates on almost all quest items has been massively increased. For Sk 2.0 epic there is an item that has an average camp time of around 8 hours (in Chardok I think). Myself and another SK were both in and out of there in 30 minutes.

The Only way to level 1-500 (pre-aaxp-patch) aa was in the Hole with the sk 2.0. Some beast lords and warriors do okay moloing there, but clearing the entire top of the temple in one pull makes life so much better.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Ninkobei posted:

I'm pretty sure drop rates on almost all quest items has been massively increased. For Sk 2.0 epic there is an item that has an average camp time of around 8 hours (in Chardok I think). Myself and another SK were both in and out of there in 30 minutes.

If there was a buff, it's pretty recent. I did my SK 2.0 back in July, primarily, and I was in Chardok for well more than 8 hours. It was the biggest block for me in that quest. Well worth it, but still not fun.

By the way, how does one raise weapon skills "passively?" What I mean is how can one raise them (outside of paying to train) without picking fights (via dueling, PvP, etc). I capped out my SK in every weapon skill using some gamey tactic, but I can't remember how I did it and I have another character who needs some practice. Everything I've tried leads to zero skill improvements.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

JustJeff88 posted:

I just wanted to talk about my tremendous stroke of luck this past 24 hours - I'm practically giddy.

Yesterday I ran my 32 Frog wizard through the Staff of Temperate Flux quest (it's an instant-click item with a slight FR/CR debuff and infinite charges). I had my 80 druid there as backup, but I got very lucky on drops from rare spawns. Later, I scraped together for a mount for the little guy (cheapest black Drogmor, but it's for combat, not travel). Late last night, I went to Kurn's tower to see if I could farm up a Solist's Icy Wand. Given the horror stories, I wasn't very optimistic. After about 90 minutes and having killed several hundred mobs in their teens, I got one to drop off of the last mob I was going to kill before I called it a night.

But wait, it gets better! I logged on this morning and ran my bard to KC to see that VS was up. I slapped him around and was able to run my wizard there (with my druid clearing the way) in time to loot the Gnarled Staff for the wizard 1.0. My druid has a staff from Phinigel for MQ purposes, so I just need to get my frog up to planar level and I can finish his Staff of the Four.

I just wanted to share my run of good luck with you all. Thanks for listening.

Sweet!

The flux staff is one of the best pulling tools in the game. They probably fixed this bug on live, but you could click the flux staff to negate the global spell gem cool down timer. Basically the same thing as having concussion pants, or another way to burn baby burn even faster!

I'll never forget what a game changer the epic 1 was for wizards.

Before the rest state was put in the game, a wizard with an epic, mana robe and a mount was rockin ft30, however bardic like it was, you were slamming in an outdoor group.

Keep it real in there for all us old timer wizards. :)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Herv posted:

Sweet!

The flux staff is one of the best pulling tools in the game. They probably fixed this bug on live, but you could click the flux staff to negate the global spell gem cool down timer. Basically the same thing as having concussion pants, or another way to burn baby burn even faster!

I'll never forget what a game changer the epic 1 was for wizards.

Before the rest state was put in the game, a wizard with an epic, mana robe and a mount was rockin ft30, however bardic like it was, you were slamming in an outdoor group.

Keep it real in there for all us old timer wizards. :)

I know they aren't what they used to be, but I really want a Manna Robe just because. I've killed Trak several times, but he never drops it. Just one of those weird little obsessions, I guess.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Cbear posted:

Which AA is this? I can't seem to be finding it >_<
He means it's an easy time (a breeze) to farm AA in Paw. I agree, the place is great and is just made for mages with their anti-summoned nukes.

If you can muster it, stay there until lvl 80 and at least 500 AA.

JustJeff88 posted:

If there was a buff, it's pretty recent. I did my SK 2.0 back in July, primarily, and I was in Chardok for well more than 8 hours. It was the biggest block for me in that quest. Well worth it, but still not fun.

By the way, how does one raise weapon skills "passively?" What I mean is how can one raise them (outside of paying to train) without picking fights (via dueling, PvP, etc). I capped out my SK in every weapon skill using some gamey tactic, but I can't remember how I did it and I have another character who needs some practice. Everything I've tried leads to zero skill improvements.
You can go to Arena and beat on your healer merc. She should heal herself up while you fight and gain skill. I used that trick for Throwing at least.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Pilsner posted:

He means it's an easy time (a breeze) to farm AA in Paw. I agree, the place is great and is just made for mages with their anti-summoned nukes.

You can go to Arena and beat on your healer merc. She should heal herself up while you fight and gain skill. I used that trick for Throwing at least.

My wizard is beating up my druid's bear pet in the guild hall right now. I went to the arena and a couple of level 90 assholes killed all of my guys for giggles. Nice to know that some things never change.

2X2 Eyes
May 30, 2010

|||||||||!

Pilsner posted:

I am currently doing this only at level 70 (and in the hole). Anyone know whether Combat Stability/Agility AA's are worth investing in??

I remember them being a big deal a long time ago. Not sure if that is still the case.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

JustJeff88 posted:

My wizard is beating up my druid's bear pet in the guild hall right now. I went to the arena and a couple of level 90 assholes killed all of my guys for giggles. Nice to know that some things never change.
Oh, that sucks. I've never, ever seen another person in the Arena zone.

Try the PVP arena near the warrior's guild in Kaladim, that's bound to be utterly deserted. There's also one in Thurgadin.

2X2 Eyes posted:

I am currently doing this only at level 70 (and in the hole). Anyone know whether Combat Stability/Agility AA's are worth investing in??

I remember them being a big deal a long time ago. Not sure if that is still the case.
You're a Monk right? Yeah CS/CA are worth it. The first 3 ranks are a no-brainer, then you get a little bit less per AA. On the flip side, ranks 4-8 only cost 3 AA each, so they're worth buying, and each rank adds 3% avoidance / mitigation.

Note that CS/CA aren't quite as powerful as you might think, i.e. they don't just add 10% reduction in damage or a 10% chance for mobs to miss. It's rather complicated, try reading this:

http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7760

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Looks like everyone is Gold for a day as a christmas present. Time to transfer Heirlooms to alts so I can /testcopy their poo poo endlessly in the future, including the 3x XP potions you can /claim! :D

Edit: As a bonus, the 24-slot Traveler's Rucksag (heirloom) bag is now re-claimable on all my accounts, even though I already claimed it!

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 19, 2012

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Alright so I i'm a level 6 Wizard and something confuses me:

Am I SUPPOSED to be sitting after every few kills? I have a mercenary. We kill a few kobolds in Gloomingdeep. I go OOM, I sit for a little while, rinse repeat.

Am I doing something wrong or is the norm for casters? It feels kind of slow. I know it's a completely different system and culture than other MMOs and I'm alright with that, but it almost feels like i'm missing something important.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

TheHoosier posted:

Am I SUPPOSED to be sitting after every few kills? I have a mercenary. We kill a few kobolds in Gloomingdeep. I go OOM, I sit for a little while, rinse repeat.

Am I doing something wrong or is the norm for casters? It feels kind of slow. I know it's a completely different system and culture than other MMOs and I'm alright with that, but it almost feels like i'm missing something important.

That is normal for that level. Although eq still has more downtime than most newer games, your mana pool will expand quite a bit relative to what you cast once you level up a bit more and get some better gear. Your mana regen rate will also increase with a higher meditate skill and mana regen buffs from enchanters or potions. Plus you can be always meditating if you are standing still while on a mount. Fresh characters just can't do that much.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

ponzicar posted:

That is normal for that level. Although eq still has more downtime than most newer games, your mana pool will expand quite a bit relative to what you cast once you level up a bit more and get some better gear. Your mana regen rate will also increase with a higher meditate skill and mana regen buffs from enchanters or potions. Plus you can be always meditating if you are standing still while on a mount. Fresh characters just can't do that much.

Alright, I was just making sure. I didn't know if it was a case of "Way to read the tutorial, dumbass! You're supposed to X!" or if fresh characters were just like that.

I love casters and hybrids in MMOs, but I'm only on the Free account right now... so Wiz it is.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Run to the bazaar if you can and grab a skinspike potion for level 6. Those give you a pretty strong damage shield at those low levels that help quite a bit.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Sancho posted:

Run to the bazaar if you can and grab a skinspike potion for level 6. Those give you a pretty strong damage shield at those low levels that help quite a bit.

But when you're using a tank mercenary (you should be using a tank mercenary) skinspikes would only work when the monster is actively beating on you.

You should also be aware that there is a "resting" regeneration state - it's next to your name in the hp/mana box. When you're in combat, you can only do "normal" meditating while you sit down / are mounted. If you're out of combat for more than 30 seconds (you can see the 30 second countdown timer below your name), and you sit down (or maybe are on a mount? I dunno) then you start regenning hp and mana MASSIVELY quickly. So once you have enough mana to go a few fights, it's most efficient to drain all your mana, then regen it all at once, so you don't hit that 30 second countdown after each fight.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Devor posted:

But when you're using a tank mercenary (you should be using a tank mercenary) skinspikes would only work when the monster is actively beating on you.

Yeah, but tank mercs can only hit 1 at a time. Depending on your gear and buffs you can fight multiple low level mobs at once. Only have to damage them once yourself then let them kill themselves on your damage shield while you tag more. You can even do it with a cleric merc healing if you have some sort of root to keep them off your healer.

It's a 10 point damage shield at level 6, when things in tutorial hit for <10. At level 10 it's 15 points. It's pretty good. You just have to watch out for runners =/.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

TheHoosier posted:

Up to around lvl 20, your melee damage is noticable and you can take a few hits. Get in the fight and mix melee with spells. Later on, you'll purely be casting spells, and also, in the 20's, your tank starts taking agro like glue.

2X2 Eyes
May 30, 2010

|||||||||!

Pilsner posted:

You're a Monk right? Yeah CS/CA are worth it. The first 3 ranks are a no-brainer, then you get a little bit less per AA. On the flip side, ranks 4-8 only cost 3 AA each, so they're worth buying, and each rank adds 3% avoidance / mitigation.

Note that CS/CA aren't quite as powerful as you might think, i.e. they don't just add 10% reduction in damage or a 10% chance for mobs to miss. It's rather complicated, try reading this:

http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7760

Are any of the other non-passive AA's worth it at 70? Stunning kick, Dragon Punch, Purify Body and Imitate death are all available for me at the moment but don't really want to invest into them if it is not necessary or if they wont really be much help.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

2X2 Eyes posted:

Are any of the other non-passive AA's worth it at 70? Stunning kick, Dragon Punch, Purify Body and Imitate death are all available for me at the moment but don't really want to invest into them if it is not necessary or if they wont really be much help.

Stunning kick is a great DPS boost, plus a way to stop runners. And Imitate Death holy poo poo, it's amazing, and you need the poo poo out of it.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
Stunning kick is amazing and you will use it every 9 seconds (Or 30 or whatever the cooldown is when you start). Purify is great, but you can put it off for a little bit. Imitate death and all it's upgrades are amazing and also give you a free invis that stays up until you zone when you get back up.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Pilsner posted:

Up to around lvl 20, your melee damage is noticable and you can take a few hits. Get in the fight and mix melee with spells. Later on, you'll purely be casting spells, and also, in the 20's, your tank starts taking agro like glue.

Maybe if you have a Gold account and J1 mercs, but my 32 wizard can pull aggro off of my A5 (I'm Silver) tank merc by sneezing too hard. If this young padawan is Bronze and only has an A2 merc, it's going to be even worse.

If you play this game for more than a few days, mate, pay the $5 to get Silver. It's a one time fee, you get 2 more base inventory slots, and the perks are well worth it in my humble but well-informed opinion.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Get 1 rank of Purify and stop there until later, just because it DOES come in handy every so often. Max everything Imitate related FAST! It's one of those things that you can't imagine not having once you have it. It's like Rapid Feign/Run8/Crit Mend/Stonewall.

Monks really get the coolest loving array of AAs

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about shrouds. There's apparently a way to take a major shortcut in the wizard 1.0 using Sneak/Hide with Kandin Firepot that involves shrouding as a rogue, but I'm unsure of the mechanics.

I've done the wizard epic twice from start to finish - once for an old character and once for a mate - and I'm not really interested in the story anymore... I just want it done and I don't really want to have to spend 2k platinum doing the quest either. My little wizard has his staff from VS and I have a Phinigel Staff on my druid for MQ purposes, so when he's high enough level to hit the planes and do the Broken Golem portion I want to put a bow on this.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

JustJeff88 posted:

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about shrouds. There's apparently a way to take a major shortcut in the wizard 1.0 using Sneak/Hide with Kandin Firepot that involves shrouding as a rogue, but I'm unsure of the mechanics.

I've done the wizard epic twice from start to finish - once for an old character and once for a mate - and I'm not really interested in the story anymore... I just want it done and I don't really want to have to spend 2k platinum doing the quest either. My little wizard has his staff from VS and I have a Phinigel Staff on my druid for MQ purposes, so when he's high enough level to hit the planes and do the Broken Golem portion I want to put a bow on this.

Pretty sure we did all turn ins invised from another player to avoid bugs. Please give me some levity because this is a decade old memory.

Open the trade window, have another player cast invis on you.

I apologize in advance if my suggestion is outdated.

E: including multi questing the staff of the four turn ins.

When I got it you still needed the skin off Cazic Thule, which meant about 6 wizard epics per server, PER YEAR, which made it all the more dangerous from a timesink perspective.

That, in a nutshell was what was wrong with EQ1.

Herv fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 20, 2012

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Herv posted:

Pretty sure we did all turn ins invised from another player to avoid bugs. Please give me some levity because this is a decade old memory.

Open the trade window, have another player cast invis on you.

I apologize in advance if my suggestion is outdated.

E: including multi questing the staff of the four turn ins.

When I got it you still needed the skin off Cazic Thule, which meant about 6 wizard epics per server, PER YEAR, which made it all the more dangerous from a timesink perspective.

That, in a nutshell was what was wrong with EQ1.

I agree on the wrongness, but that's not what I meant. I am very familiar with MQing procedures and did an MQ of the VS staff back this summer for a mate.

Here is the problem: unless you do all of the BS beforehand, Kandin won't talk to you about the oil. If you hail him and ask "What Oil?", he basically tells you to piss off. You have to have this oil to trigger the broken golem in Fear, and I read somewhere that shrouding as a rogue will allow you to overcome this restriction. If you invis, like when doing a turn-in, he doesn't respond to you because he can't see you.

This seems very obscure - maybe I'm wasting my time, but I thought that I'd ask.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

JustJeff88 posted:

I agree on the wrongness, but that's not what I meant. I am very familiar with MQing procedures and did an MQ of the VS staff back this summer for a mate.

Here is the problem: unless you do all of the BS beforehand, Kandin won't talk to you about the oil. If you hail him and ask "What Oil?", he basically tells you to piss off. You have to have this oil to trigger the broken golem in Fear, and I read somewhere that shrouding as a rogue will allow you to overcome this restriction. If you invis, like when doing a turn-in, he doesn't respond to you because he can't see you.

This seems very obscure - maybe I'm wasting my time, but I thought that I'd ask.

1. get into a rogue shroud and say "what oil" to Kandin Firepot while sneaking.unshroud, go to fear and hand the sproket to broken golem

2. loot oil from golem, go back to Kandin and open trade window with oil. use invis pot or perfected invis AA (AAs can be cast with trade window open). click trade. receive staff of gabstik and a note.

3. get the gnarled staff from VS and the blue crystal staff from phinny, or someone who will multiquest either or both with you.

4. go to halas and hand the note you got from kandin to Dargon at the alchemy merchants. Arantir spawns. open trade window with staff of gabstik, blue crystal staff, and gnarled staff. invis yourself and click trade. (if you are MQing, have your helper hand in their staves first before you hand in yours. make sure they are invis right before they hit trade or arantir will not accept their staff). receive magically sealed bag.

5. go to temple of sol ro and put magically sealed bag in trade window with Solomen. invis again and hit trade. receive epic 1.0.

that's ALL you need to do. skip everything else and do something more productive with the time you save.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Sorry For my lovely posting, on vacation in Mexico and only brought my lovely iPad.

Sadly, I would have brought the laptop if I didn't already get the paw of opalla for my Druid on the Mac server. (call me a loser).

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Herv posted:

1. get into a rogue shroud and say "what oil" to Kandin Firepot while sneaking.unshroud, go to fear and hand the sproket to broken golem

2. loot oil from golem, go back to Kandin and open trade window with oil. use invis pot or perfected invis AA (AAs can be cast with trade window open). click trade. receive staff of gabstik and a note.

3. get the gnarled staff from VS and the blue crystal staff from phinny, or someone who will multiquest either or both with you.

4. go to halas and hand the note you got from kandin to Dargon at the alchemy merchants. Arantir spawns. open trade window with staff of gabstik, blue crystal staff, and gnarled staff. invis yourself and click trade. (if you are MQing, have your helper hand in their staves first before you hand in yours. make sure they are invis right before they hit trade or arantir will not accept their staff). receive magically sealed bag.

5. go to temple of sol ro and put magically sealed bag in trade window with Solomen. invis again and hit trade. receive epic 1.0.

that's ALL you need to do. skip everything else and do something more productive with the time you save.

That's the tutorial that I saw, but I went to the Shroudmaster (or whatever it's called) and it looks like I have earn up to or unlock some kind of rogue monster NPC or something like that. That's why I came here - I wanted more information on how to use shrouds in general as I've never had anything to do with them before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

The rogue is enabled by default, it's the goblin! The only time you have to grind monster shrouds is if you want to cheese an OT Gate Hammer and open up the Evil Eye enchanter shroud so you can charm the dude in OT before handing him a jade