Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
May as well put these here.

BE AWARE OF COUNTER ATTACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Scott Bakula posted:

More teams need to do trick free kicks. I quite like the one at 1:25. Also don't listen to the music its terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIaswrSWWf0

I remember watching the Thomas Brolin goal as a child :)

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Bea Nanner posted:

May as well put these here.

I like that whoever did these shopped Moses/Hazards' head onto last years' kits

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

rats off to ya posted:

I like that whoever did these shopped Moses/Hazards' head onto last years' kits

I'm assuming Rafa spent a very pleasant evening reconfiguration his software to include the Chelsea squad.
Man, his bespoke FM databases must be legendary.

Edit : I bet he's also uniquely watermarking the gently caress out his printouts from now on to find the idiot who threw theirs in the bin.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
LAMPS - MARK 6 FOOT MAN

lmao

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

John Terry wants to tell you something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQehcmmJvBU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
died laughing at the smile at the end :q:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Ninpo posted:

LAMPS - MARK 6 FOOT MAN

lmao

It says mark 6th man

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

luvd posted:

The Poznan is so awful.

I suppose it must seem strange when your only experience of mass crowd participation is booing your own team.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Maybe they should try throwing coins at opposition players instead.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Mickolution posted:

Maybe they should try throwing coins at opposition players instead.

Rather coins than literal human poo poo.

Edit: Don't want to get drawn into a slapfight it just seems to me people who criticise the poznan don't have much experience watching games live. It may look goofy but it's simply a bit of fun to take part in and it rightly gets used back to us by opposing fans taking the piss when we concede or by Sunderland fans against United at the end of last season, when it even melted Brap's stony heart. Don't know why TGF doesn't like it.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 18, 2012

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

EDIT: I didn't realize Domenech came out with his memoirs. Of course he looks very punchable on the cover.

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2012/11/21/now-will-everybody-love-raymond/

Some juicier excerpts are below. Click for big:

And he probably has a good point, but it'll get balanced by not wanting to take any blame:

quote:

For Domenech, this system where “the reward comes before the progress and the recognition” has contributed to the “generation gap”, which became bigger between 2006 and 2008. On the subject of the new generation, he is highly critical: “The way that the older players used to serve as mentors, their importance as role models, the values that they were able to represent, that has been destroyed”. With time, the 1998 World champions and 2000 European champions have become, “for the younger players, just boring old people”. Lilian Thuram got expressed his upset about this to Domenech during Euro 2008. Choosing not to take part in the final group match against Italy, he told him: “this team has some little shits, coach, listen up, some little shits”. In telling us in the book’s epilogue that “Samir Nasri symbolises the fall of these players, who only think about themselves”, Domenech tells us where we should be looking.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Was that verified?

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 18, 2012

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Butterfly Valley posted:

Edit: Don't want to get drawn into a slapfight it just seems to me people who criticise the poznan don't have much experience watching games live. It may look goofy but it's simply a bit of fun to take part in and it rightly gets used back to us by opposing fans taking the piss when we concede or by Sunderland fans against United at the end of last season, when it even melted Brap's stony heart. Don't know why TGF doesn't like it.

I didn't mind it at first, it began as something the we did at away games for a few weeks after the original Poznan game, and it was also kinda cool at the FA Cup semi because of the sheer scale of it, but towards the end of its life span at City it just became a bit cringey to me and sort of emobodied the 'forced fun' and 'wackyness' of some of our new supporters (not aiming that at you).

City fans have always done all sorts of stupid poo poo spontaneously over the years, and when the Poznan was that, it was fine, but I just think it got ran into the ground and towards the end I thought it was really crappy and almost forced upon us by the club itself, it became less of an ironic thing that we did after massively mocking it, and just became 'that thing City fans always do AFTER EVERY loving GOAL THEY SCORE', it was no longer spontaneous and instead was just boring and predictable. I'm personally glad its gone and waiting for the next fad, whatever it may be...I fear its going to be the continued growth of that loving yaya/kolo song though which was fine in pubs on away days, and on trains and coaches etc, but 48,000 doing it at Eastlands? Uch, please no.

Edit: My current favourite City 'thing' is ironically singing the old 'We never win at home, and we never win away' song from the Division 2 times, kind of keeps the past in mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9odscgk88yA. So essentially, more singing, less Poznan-ing please.

TheGoatFeeder fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 18, 2012

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVyfDucfPRo

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
I'm more surprised that back then they weren't having schoolboys playing on the entire large field

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

TyChan posted:

Domenech memoir
That sounds like an awesome memoir that'll actually be worth the money. The drama of the French squad was always a big interesting mystery considering how many good players they had. Also it appears everybody in that squad is a big sulk.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Vegetable posted:

That sounds like an awesome memoir that'll actually be worth the money. The drama of the French squad was always a big interesting mystery considering how many good players they had. Also it appears everybody in that squad is a big sulk.

I can't imagine not being respectful to Thuram but I really like that guy, so who knows.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Domenech is a maniac, but he's right about that oval office Samir Nasri.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

That team was such a clusterfuck and anyone could see that 14 primma donnas on the same team all wanting to be the star was going to backfire. Their starting 11 were the #1 cunts of their club teams.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Here's a cool post from Deadspin:

http://deadspin.com/5969531/

"This Might Be The Oldest Surviving American Soccer Footage"

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
Thank you TRP, Domenech autobiography for Dad on Christmas.

@TheGoatFeeder: I watched '50 Greatest Premier League Moments' on iPlayer last night, and number 13ish was when City got relegated, and it was apparently because Alan Ball (the tracksuited, flat cap wearing City gaffer) [or maybe someone in the crowd on a radio because mobile phones had not been invented in 2001 according to this 'documentary'] thought a 2-2 draw was good enough to keep them up so they time wasted for the final 10 minutes of a game, keeping possession by the corner flag, passing around etc, only to discover that, with 1 minute remaining, they needed a win. Which they didn't get. Is this actually true?

Captain Cancer
Sep 18, 2005

Teach em' young

Xeno posted:

@TheGoatFeeder: I watched '50 Greatest Premier League Moments' on iPlayer last night, and number 13ish was when City got relegated, and it was apparently because Alan Ball (the tracksuited, flat cap wearing City gaffer) [or maybe someone in the crowd on a radio because mobile phones had not been invented in 2001 according to this 'documentary'] thought a 2-2 draw was good enough to keep them up so they time wasted for the final 10 minutes of a game, keeping possession by the corner flag, passing around etc, only to discover that, with 1 minute remaining, they needed a win. Which they didn't get. Is this actually true?

Well, I watched the same thing and the relegation occurred in 96, not 2001.

It's true though, and hilarious at that. Although it lead to my teams heartbreaking defeat to City in the 99' playoff final after they got relegated once again to the glory of division 2.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Gross.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It can't be in Cleverly's best interests to draw that comparison, surely.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
United just have to harvest Cleverley's knees and stick them onto Scholes.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

rats off to ya posted:

Here's a cool post from Deadspin:

http://deadspin.com/5969531/

"This Might Be The Oldest Surviving American Soccer Footage"

That's really cool thanks. Also it seems American soccer hasn't made much progress lol.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's like his career started in reverse and then righted itself.

Age 11, score, and lift a trophy at Wembley, age 21 work in a factory while trying to scrape a living playing football, age 31 Premier League striker.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Yeah, looks like Scholes has the herp in that picture.

That doesn't bode well for Gary Neville, re. my avatar.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Shrapnac posted:

It's like his career started in reverse and then righted itself.

Age 11, score, and lift a trophy at Wembley, age 21 work in a factory while trying to scrape a living playing football, age 31 Premier League striker.

Hopefully he will score and lift a trophy at Wembley age 31 so I can finally write the third act of my screenplay: Billy Elliot 2 - The Grant Holt story.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Still better defending than La Liga

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Shrapnac posted:

Yeah, looks like Scholes has the herp in that picture.

That doesn't bode well for Gary Neville, re. my avatar.

Nor for Ryan Giggs because I assume it'll make its way to him fairly quickly.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Xeno posted:

Yes, that is entirely and totally true. Pretty much everyone in Maine Road knew a point wasn't enough except for that oval office Ball and his coaching staff. It was one of the most heartbreaking days of my life, but looking back on it, it was so typically City it does kind of amuse me by this point, that was and probably always will be the type of stupid poo poo that we do and get involved in.

It's just never simple with City, '99 play off final was probably the biggest game in the clubs history in that if we didn't win we'd probably have ceased to have existed because of awful finances, and we were 2-0 down entering injury time and scored twice to take it to extra time, in order to ultimately win on pens. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSHeMJu5yR4 quite simple one of the best footballing moments, sorry Gillingham dude, can't imagine that pain :( )

The FA Cup in 2010 required replays against 2 teams from lower leagues on our route to the final, and obviously as we all remember we required 2 goals in injury time against a poo poo team to win the league.

City do and will always do stupid poo poo, some will end well, and some will end horrifically, like that Liverpool relegation game.

TheGoatFeeder fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 19, 2012

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

TheGoatFeeder posted:

City do and will always do stupid poo poo, some will end well, and some will end horrifically, like that Liverpool relegation game.
Can't hold on to that "typical City" idea, that club's gone. I understand the nostalgia for being the heartwarming, bashful underdogs but when you're paying players 200 thousand pounds a week you can't really have the "what are we like eh?" thing anymore.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Hoops posted:

Can't hold on to that "typical City" idea, that club's gone. I understand the nostalgia for being the heartwarming, bashful underdogs but when you're paying players 200 thousand pounds a week you can't really have the "what are we like eh?" thing anymore.

I wish it had gone, but i'd say the fiasco we nearly made of the QPR game was pretty typical of City over the years. I don't claim we are plucky under dogs anymore, and i'm pleased about that, because we used to be liked by neutrals and noone ever liked a team that was successful, we still do make things far more difficult for ourselves than they should be though and it's showing no sign of disappearing yet.

I will never forget where we were though, because it makes all this even more enjoyable, not that we have fought for it through blood, sweat and tears, obviously its purely down to trucks and trucks of cash, im not some idiot that thinks we'd have got to this point without disgusting amounts of spending.

Captain Cancer
Sep 18, 2005

Teach em' young

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Yes, that is entirely and totally true. Pretty much everyone in Maine Road knew a point wasn't enough except for that oval office Ball and his coaching staff. It was one of the most heartbreaking days of my life, but looking back on it, it was so typically City it does kind of amuse me by this point, that was and probably always will be the type of stupid poo poo that we do and get involved in.

It's just never simple with City, '99 play off final was probably the biggest game in the clubs history in that if we didn't win we'd probably have ceased to have existed because of awful finances, and we were 2-0 down entering injury time and scored twice to take it to extra time, in order to ultimately win on pens. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSHeMJu5yR4 quite simple one of the best footballing moments, sorry Gillingham dude, can't imagine that pain :( )

The FA Cup in 2010 required replays against 2 teams from lower leagues on our route to the final, and obviously as we all remember we required 2 goals in injury time against a poo poo team to win the league.

Every time I see this shirt in the crowd it brings back terrible memories

Thankfully we put it right the following season, but it's by far the most painful football experience, although the city fans we saw outside the stadium immediately after were ace.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
Another wonder goal from futsal god Falcao:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/2012/dec/19/falcao-backheel-free-kick-video

Watch it.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

This is loving ace.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Footballers in cartoon form.

I love that Ribery looks like a Spitting Image doll of Neil Kinnock.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Who's the fifth one along on the second row?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

Tortuga posted:

Who's the fifth one along on the second row?

Think it's supposed to be RVP

• Locked thread