Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Happy Hat posted:

My plan for writing is in shambles :( I haven't even gone to market yet, and I have 3 leads for new jobs.

I know I should be grateful and that not everybody are this lucky and stuff... But I kinda just want to be left alone and not work for a while..
I'll trade you! I have been applying my rear end off all year and when I get a response at all, it's "we have decided to choose someone else for this position" or "we're looking for someone with more experience." And how am I supposed to get experience when everyone wants someone who has years of experience for their entry level job? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

homerlaw posted:

Basset hounds are just loud, fat cats

You are lucky, bloodhounds are huge retards with an sense of smell that wakes them out of a sound sleep to bark at invisible things.

That Girl
Jun 21, 2004

Awesome.

Chuck Biscuits
Dec 5, 2004

Dropped a brisket in the brine on Tuesday, smoked it yesterday morning and then put it in for a long nap in the oven at 275 yesterday afternoon. Took it out of the oven after 4 hours and the pyrex pan I had it in exploded into a million pieces, dropping my beloved pastrami to the floor and spreading shrapnel all over the kitchen.

Greasy meat water dumps all over the floor and inside the oven, shattering my pizza stone and my oven light bulb. My beautiful pastrami lays in a pile of glass shards while the greasy meat water smokes and fills my whole house with acrid smoke. My expensive rear end memory foam cushions that I kept in front of the sink are also impregnated with shrapnel and have to be thrown away.

I kind of wish I had taken a picture of the mess but I just wasn't in the mood.

On the flip side, I made some spherical pisco sour things and they are awesome!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I found this at a store today.

Merry Christmas GWS!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Ties are in my future :(

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Scientastic posted:

I must have especially retarded cats. I once saw one of them run headfirst into a wall.

My cat does this all the time, tries to run away from you and run head first into the wall. My cat is very bad at being a cat.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Aramoro posted:

My cat does this all the time, tries to run away from you and run head first into the wall. My cat is very bad at being a cat.

Someone else said it earlier, but yeah, all cats are pretty dumb. They put off this air of being smart and aware then go and fall off the couch when they roll over for pets. To me, that is what is so :3: about them. Just when you think they're intelligent they go and prove that they are actually just a special kind of dumb.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Happy Hat posted:

See if they will allow you a religious exemption. Failing that, wear bolo ties.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

I am management consult, English abilities are imperative! I will need to go to Holland and US and Brazil and India and other places and work my rear end off.

This future is dependent on how fast I can get myself fired.

Tie is mandatory! Beard may have to go due to dress code!

I am a loving whore!

Now I am drinking and viewing the whole thing through the rosy veils of a pleasant yet somewhat surprised Alsacian tokayer, hugging my wife and reminiscing about back when we were real people and not having to lube up orifices before leaving for work.

Also - this is fuckin gonna kick rear end - they will never know what the hell hit them!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

If you have a PhD, do you get a little star by your name?

I passed my viva today...

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Happy Hat posted:

I am management consult, English abilities are imperative! I will need to go to Holland and US and Brazil and India and other places and work my rear end off.

I am a loving whore!

Welcome to my hell!

Happy Hat posted:

Now I am drinking and viewing the whole thing through the rosy veils of a pleasant yet somewhat surprised Alsacian tokayer, hugging my wife and reminiscing about back when we were real people and not having to lube up orifices before leaving for work.

Also - this is fuckin gonna kick rear end - they will never know what the hell hit them!

Yeah, you lost me here, though.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
HH, who would you be working for? We get a lot of Norwegians and swedes for conferences, maybe you'll be at my hotel!

Blowfeesh
Mar 6, 2010
I have ordered some crocodile meatballs...

What on earth do I do?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Scientastic posted:

:toot:

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Happy Hat posted:

I am a loving whore!

There are a number of different ways you can play this one, HH.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Scientastic posted:

Congrats, this isn't getting the love it deserves!

Any corrections?

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Dirssert and destroy.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Vlex posted:

Congrats, this isn't getting the love it deserves!

Any corrections?

Minor typos. One day's work, I reckon.

I think I've got about a week of referring to myself as doctor before my friends start avoiding me.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Scientastic posted:

I think I've got about a week of referring to myself as doctor before my friends start avoiding me.

Congrats. Has your partner not banned all Doctor related shenanigans already?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

Nicely done, doc.

MonkeyDoodle
Feb 13, 2006
I ain't afraid of no ghosts
Not that you need the help, but here's some inspiration HH http://sandperson.tumblr.com/

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Anyone have a really good recipe for an orange ginger glaze? I'm kind of winging it at the moment but it needs... something. My recipe right now is 1 cup packed brown sugar, about 1 tsp honey, 2 tsp ground ginger, approximately 1/2 cup grated orange zest, and then the drippings from the ham to bind it together. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Help?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Right off the bat it looks like you need a bit of acidity in there. I'd add some lemon juice until it pops. Fresh, mind. A bit of orange juice to add some brightness to the orange flavor from the zest couldn't hurt either.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Kenning posted:

Right off the bat it looks like you need a bit of acidity in there. I'd add some lemon juice until it pops. Fresh, mind. A bit of orange juice to add some brightness to the orange flavor from the zest couldn't hurt either.
I had a similar thought but was going with vinegar. Yours sounds better though.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

The citrus did the trick! I used about 1/2 cup of orange juice with a splash of lemon and now it tastes how I want it to. I'm almost wanting to use it with a duck or chicken instead, though. Next time. Thanks!

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I think I'm addicted to making stock. It's 3 AM and I just finished a big batch of chicken stock, about 6 quarts. I did that because I'm out of homemade stock and I wasn't tired at 11. A batch like that is lasting me about 2 weeks nowadays. I just... have to put it in everything.

Anything with meat? I can make a tasty sauce.
Broccoli? Cook the stems in some stock with aromatics and steam the florets on top.
Brussels sprouts? Braise them in stock and wine.
Need to clean out the pantry? Soup time.
No more plain rice. It's pilaf or fake-risotto (if I don't have arborio) always.

Anything that's savory or spicy and uses liquid gets some stock. I feel like I'm missing a key ingredient for every meal whenever I run out.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Turkeybone posted:

HH I picked up the Scandinavian cookbook you sent me last year (two years ago??), and it's such a fun read with all your notes in it. Thanks again.
You're welcome! It was fun to make too :)

Edit: I may have been a bit harsh on the swedes.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
What's the beef between Danes and Swedes? I saw a Susanne Bier film last week and it was pretty strong.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

What's the beef with Scandinavians in general is more like it. It's quite complicated.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
I usually reduce my stock down to ~2qts, pour it into ice trays, and freeze. Then pop one into whatever I'm making. Kinda like those Knorr condensed stock cube things, which are actually pretty good.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

sweat poteto posted:

What's the beef between Danes and Swedes? I saw a Susanne Bier film last week and it was pretty strong.
There's no beef. We like the swedes just fine.

They're our cousins and ours to ridicule! I think they feel the same about us, but that doesn't count.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Job update: got a new job, but would have to start by jan 2nd, and I cannot do that without breaking contract (and losing a somewhat substantial amount of monies), they will ramp me up later!

I am not a company prostitute yet! My buns will remain dry, and I will get to spend time with the little hats - all in all I am happy :)

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Chuck Biscuits posted:

Dropped a brisket in the brine on Tuesday, smoked it yesterday morning and then put it in for a long nap in the oven at 275 yesterday afternoon. Took it out of the oven after 4 hours and the pyrex pan I had it in exploded into a million pieces, dropping my beloved pastrami to the floor and spreading shrapnel all over the kitchen.
This is the saddest post I've read in a while. Why did your pyrex blow up? That's the weird part here. Did you put it on a cold surface or something after pulling it from the hot oven? What a loss.

Happy Hat posted:

Wear happier hats.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

TenaciousJ posted:

I think I'm addicted to making stock. It's 3 AM and I just finished a big batch of chicken stock, about 6 quarts. I did that because I'm out of homemade stock and I wasn't tired at 11. A batch like that is lasting me about 2 weeks nowadays. I just... have to put it in everything.

Anything with meat? I can make a tasty sauce.
Broccoli? Cook the stems in some stock with aromatics and steam the florets on top.
Brussels sprouts? Braise them in stock and wine.
Need to clean out the pantry? Soup time.
No more plain rice. It's pilaf or fake-risotto (if I don't have arborio) always.

Anything that's savory or spicy and uses liquid gets some stock. I feel like I'm missing a key ingredient for every meal whenever I run out.

420 use stock erryday. I know what you mean, guy. Almost every meal I cook uses stock in some way, shape, or form.

In other news, I have melted my own chocolate for cookies for the first time and hot drat, it makes a difference. These are the fuckin' bomb.

HH, glad you dun have to turn on the red light.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

NerdyNautilusGirl posted:

HH, glad you dun have to turn on the red light.

He's becoming a prostitute?

Edit: oh, read that wrong

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Casu Marzu posted:

He's becoming a prostitute?

Edit: oh, read that wrong

For a minute there, you got awfully excited, and were about to call your travel agent to book a ticket to Denmark. I see you, Casu.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

CuddleChunks posted:

Why did your pyrex blow up? That's the weird part here.

No, it's not weird. Consumer Reports looked into this, and they found that the company that bought the brand changed the formulation of the "Pyrex" sold in the USA. Numerous reports of them shattering, usually due to thermal shock, but not always.

NerdyNautilusGirl posted:

420 use stock erryday. I know what you mean, guy. Almost every meal I cook uses stock in some way, shape, or form.

Yeah, I used to be that way... and then I started dating a vegetarian.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

dino. posted:

For a minute there, you got awfully excited, and were about to call your travel agent to book a ticket to Denmark. I see you, Casu.
Bit of projection going on there, dino.? I know you've seen that picture of HH in his kilt - and I think we all know how he wears it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
I couldn't wait for snowfall I had to have hot cocoa.

Yum. The Santamug makes it even better.