Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Hey, what do you know, they went back to the original numbering for the series.

I didn't expect that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ConfusedUs posted:

Hey, what do you know, they went back to the original numbering for the series.

I didn't expect that.

Yeah it was kind of confusing. Especially since they go back to #1 when Morales takes over.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Opopanax posted:

Yeah it was kind of confusing. Especially since they go back to #1 when Morales takes over.

What really?

That's pretty goofy.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Don't forget about the USM: Requiem two issues at the end of USM's tie-in to Ultimatum. I don't know if they packaged it with USM-tie in, or if all the Requiem stuff was packaged in its own trade.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Speaking of that, are there any books that cover what happens to Peter between requiem and the World According to Peter Parker? Or is it just "6 month timeskip, :speculate:"?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

chrisf posted:

Speaking of that, are there any books that cover what happens to Peter between requiem and the World According to Peter Parker? Or is it just "6 month timeskip, :speculate:"?

I think he was just working his after school job. I forget if he was even Spider-man at that point.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Don't forget about the USM: Requiem two issues at the end of USM's tie-in to Ultimatum. I don't know if they packaged it with USM-tie in, or if all the Requiem stuff was packaged in its own trade.

I read those. They're in the Ultimatum: Requiem book (or something like that) along with some stories from the XMen and the Fantastic Four.

The two spidey stories are great. JJJ's monologue was very well written.

The rest of the TPB? I wasn't impressed.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

I read those. They're in the Ultimatum: Requiem book (or something like that) along with some stories from the XMen and the Fantastic Four.

The two spidey stories are great. JJJ's monologue was very well written.

The rest of the TPB? I wasn't impressed.

Bendis is very good when it comes to Ultimate Spidy.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bobkatt013 posted:

Bendis is very good when it comes to Ultimate Spidy.

I agree! USM is the thing that brought me back to comics. Such as it is.

I just got really turned off by Ultimatum and got tired of waiting for new TPBs to drop.

Now that I have a backlog again...I know what I'm asking for for Christmas ;)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The last page of today's Ultimates is mind-bendingly stupid.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

The last page of today's Ultimates is mind-bendingly stupid.

Spoil me because I need to know where poo poo is headed. Isn't the the Iron Patriot one?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Spoil me because I need to know where poo poo is headed. Isn't the the Iron Patriot one?

A dude shows up on the last page it appears to be 616 Nick Fury and they call him by that name.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
That's amazing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well that's just loving dumb on just about every way I can think of. Why? Ultimates you started so good why the gently caress are you going down this line?

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Rhyno posted:

A dude shows up on the last page it appears to be 616 Nick Fury and they call him by that name.

Haha dammit I really wish I hadn't spoiled this for myself.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Well that's just loving dumb on just about every way I can think of. Why? Ultimates you started so good why the gently caress are you going down this line?

Because Ultimate X-Men and Ultimates were kind of awful in their own special ways. UXM was poo poo and hasn't really recovered despite the best efforts of the editors and writers and Ultimates was just too big - too much happened and it wasn't represented well enough in the other books. One issue of the Ultimates had more WORLD SHATTERING EVENTS (and somehow less content) than the first 4 issues of AvsX put together.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Is the current Ultimate Iron Man any good? I read the UIM miniseries from a few years ago and I thought they were awful

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Is the current Ultimate Iron Man any good? I read the UIM miniseries from a few years ago and I thought they were awful

Well they have to better then the first two since those were written by Card.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

The Card ones were retconned to be an in-universe knockoff cartoon that's how bad they were, the Ellis ones were good especially Ultimate Human, as for the newest series I've been enjoying it so far, if you're a fan of Ultimate Iron Man it's worth giving a shot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sion posted:

Because Ultimate X-Men and Ultimates were kind of awful in their own special ways. UXM was poo poo and hasn't really recovered despite the best efforts of the editors and writers and Ultimates was just too big - too much happened and it wasn't represented well enough in the other books. One issue of the Ultimates had more WORLD SHATTERING EVENTS (and somehow less content) than the first 4 issues of AvsX put together.

It's really more like they had Hickman on Ultimates then switched him out for a monkey in a diaper once they realized the publicity rush of the Ultimate Relaunch didn't catch on. The scope of the story wasn't a problem until it was put in the hands of an idiot.

thet0wer
Dec 4, 2012

Rhyno posted:

They explicitly state that it's (Ultimate) Nick Fury in his 616 Nick Fury disguise (which was first used in Ultimate Doomsday)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Except as a plot point it doesn't make any drat sense because why is Ultimate Fury in charge of Hydra all of a sudden? Unless the Scorpio name-drop is supposed to invoke that story arc in Secret Warriors which would just be odd to say the least.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Except as a plot point it doesn't make any drat sense because why is Ultimate Fury in charge of Hydra all of a sudden? Unless the Scorpio name-drop is supposed to invoke that story arc in Secret Warriors which would just be odd to say the least.

The original Scorpio was his brother so who knows who this really is. For all you know its a trick and a way for him to keep tabs on them or its a LMD.

thet0wer
Dec 4, 2012

Ult Fury, in disguise as Scorpio, is providing intel to Hydra. He's not leading it.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

thet0wer posted:

They explicitly state that it's (Ultimate) Nick Fury in his 616 Nick Fury disguise (which was first used in Ultimate Doomsday)

Look we can't be bothered to read the books we hate, we're nerds.

And they don't confirm it was Ultimate Nick Fury just that it's one of his disguises that are supposed to be genetically locked to him but since the traitor is moving shield tech it's basically a guaranteed red herring.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What is the relationship between Miles and Spider-Woman? Or is it something that I'll just find out eventually?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

LordPants posted:

What is the relationship between Miles and Spider-Woman? Or is it something that I'll just find out eventually?

Spider-Woman is a girl-clone of Peter Parker. She is Peter Parker.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She also has all of Peter's memories up until the cloning process.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I can't remember if they did anything with SPider-Woman and Aunt May after peter's death.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They didn't really, which was a pretty big flaw in the fallout to Death of Spider-Man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

They didn't really, which was a pretty big flaw in the fallout to Death of Spider-Man.

Bendis said he felt a female version of Peter showing up might have driven May over the edge which is why she stayed away.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

thet0wer posted:

WHEELS WITHIN WHEELS BROTHER

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
So far I love the way Spider-Woman is interacting with Miles. She's kind of treating him like a pesky little brother which is a pretty neat idea since she's both Peter's clone and could easily fill a sort of mentor roll of sorts.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Here's the new Ultimate Venom, posted on Bendis' twitter

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Dacap posted:

Here's the new Ultimate Venom, posted on Bendis' twitter

Dat Pichelli

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

jfc Pichelli.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Well that's terrifying.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

d00gZ posted:

Dat Pichelli

Man, I still feel so uncomfortable seeing Ultimate Spider-Man fight. He's so tiny that it really unnerves me in a way that not even Robin or whatever does. I don't want to see that guy get hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Man, I still feel so uncomfortable seeing Ultimate Spider-Man fight. He's so tiny that it really unnerves me in a way that not even Robin or whatever does. I don't want to see that guy get hurt.

I was saying pretty much this exact thing a year ago. It's just too weird seeing a 13 year old getting beat up on.

• Locked thread