Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Didn't this manga used to be about demons or something.

Well whatever it's doing it's working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Didn't this manga used to be about demons or something.

Well whatever it's doing it's working.
There was demon power used last chapter! But the comedy is superior.

Loved the ending, Paako is adorable. I was expecting one of them to be surprisingly good, but both being complete poo poo was even better. I'm a little sad that Furuichi is out, but more KanPako is worth it.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

:negative:
I just want to see Furuichi win for once.

Well, at least we got through this without any terribly homophobic Alaindelon gags.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
"THEY BOTH TASTE LIKE poo poo! GO DIE!"

"Apparently it's a tie?"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/beelzebub_2/en/0/184/page/1

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
I haven't played in awhile, but I don't think that's how you do Twister. This is the weirdest Shonen tournament.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reading my OP again and I may need to update some of the character descriptions in light of recent events.

Hildegarde posted:

Again, unusually for a shounen manga, there is absolutely zero sexual tension or awkward romantic hijinks between Oga and Hildegarde.

Takayuki Furuichi posted:

Furuichi also possesses zero fighting ability.

And while I'm at it, I probably should add character descriptions for some of the more important supporting characters as well. Besides Paako and Futaba, who else should be noted in the OP?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Deliberation Guy, obviously.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tohoshinki, Redtails, Behemoth and Jabberwock's men, Rokkisei, Saotame and his wife, En and his maids, Demon King, Lamia

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Aw, i was hoping Toujou would win.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

Reading my OP again and I may need to update some of the character descriptions in light of recent events.

And while I'm at it, I probably should add character descriptions for some of the more important supporting characters as well. Besides Paako and Futaba, who else should be noted in the OP?

MK5!

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Come on, get the name right.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kild posted:

Tohoshinki, Redtails, Behemoth and Jabberwock's men, Rokkisei, Saotame and his wife, En and his maids, Demon King, Lamia

Use only the shot of his crotch.

Rogue Lemon
Nov 15, 2012
I've somehow been neglecting this for a while, and I just caught up. The artist has seriously stepped up his awesome poses / facial expressions game these last few chapters.

PaleIrishGuy
Feb 5, 2004
Pale as paper
New Chapter!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yesss Aoi/Aiba pair. And poor Kanzaki/Paako being beaten up on a straight fight. Want to see how the situation wraps up next chapter.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Damnit! I wanted the best couple to win! Aoi is freaking boring and generic. Here's hoping some kind of weird disqualifying thing happens and they still manage to win.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kanzaki and Paako's assertion that they'd win a flirty thing :3:

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

They've already won... our hearts.

If they were going to get beaten I'd have preferred it be in something else, if only so they get more screen time. I've gotta say though, the idea that the event organizers ran out of ideas and decided to just have people fight is pretty great.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

So I spent the last few days reading through this entire thing again, and goddamn if it didn't just reaffirm my love for it. It's not often that I laugh out loud reading manga but Beelzebub manages to do it.

edit: Also I just looked up some scenes from the anime out of curiosity and wow Paako's voice is not what I expected at all :psyduck:

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Dec 18, 2012

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sample revamped OP:

quote:

Background

Beelzebub is the story of Hanazawa “Paako” Yuka and her budding romance with the kind-hearted delinquent Kanzaki Hajime. There’s also a sub-plot about some Demon King’s son that inter-weaves with the Paako-Kanzaki love story from time to time.

Main Characters

Hanazawa “Paako” Yuka posted:

Paako is a student in Ishiyama High School and a leading member of the girls’ gang known as the “Red Tails”. She is known for her trademark flower hairpin, which doubles as a deadly weapon in her skilled hands. She is a cheerful, outgoing person, and is very fond of Kanzaki’s adorable niece Futaba. Always one to put her friends before herself, she is at the forefront when it comes to supporting the romantic endeavours of her fellow gang members Aoi and Nene. However, she is shy about admitting her own growing feelings for Kanzaki, while Aoi and Nene in turn can see that Paako and Kanzaki “make a good pair”.

Kanzaki Hajime posted:

Kanzaki is one of the four five strongest students in Ishiyama High School and is known for his charisma (being the only male member of the five to maintain an entourage of allies and supporters), his dancing expertise (in particular his mastery of the “Kanzaki Flamenco”), and his attention to his health (exemplified by the fact that his favourite drink is yogurt). He has bonded with Paako over their common affection for his niece Futaba, and like Paako he too is willfully oblivious to his growing love for her.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 18, 2012

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Sample revamped OP:

This is amazing, but where is the Furuichi Alaindelon forbidden romance?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Background

Beelzebub is the story of Hanazawa “Paako” Yuka and her budding romance with the kind-hearted delinquent Kanzaki Hajime. There’s also a sub-plot about some Demon King’s son that inter-weaves with the Paako-Kanzaki love story from time to time.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Beelzebub: The best shoujo manga since Kimi ni Todoke

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.mangapanda.com/beelzebub/186/2

merry crunchmas

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Beel is the best at charades.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Merry Crunchmas you guys.:allears:

Go Furuichi!

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

"Note: PeroPero is the SFX for licking" Okay, I'll bite: why would you lick someone in that situation?

Also, Kanzaki's henchmen know what's up.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

If you're a weirdo, I guess.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This has been the best Christmas arc in any work of fiction ever.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Bottom of the last page is amazing.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
They didn't win but the end result was still great. This goes for pretty much every couple. Even Furuichi gets a break.
This is the best Christmas ever.

bondster
May 6, 2007

I like how Furuichi Pretty much dropped to cool guy act, went full desperate mode, and still got something positive in the end :)

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd liked the fact that Hilda's Sharingan was less intricate than her normal eye.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

I'd liked the fact that Hilda's Sharingan was less intricate than her normal eye.

It hasn't evolved yet

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

pentyne posted:

It hasn't evolved yet

So she's going to have to kill her best friend to evolve it? Does she even have a friend, let alone a best one?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

So she's going to have to kill her best friend to evolve it? Does she even have a friend, let alone a best one?

No, she has to kill her sister and take HER eyes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Silento posted:

No, she has to kill her sister and take HER eyes.

Don't you have to have the first level before going to level 2

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Dexo posted:

Don't you have to have the first level before going to level 2

If you can make sense of eyehax, then you tell me. I never understood why taking someone elses eyes and implanting them into your skull gives you even stronger magical powers, but then I don't have a ninja PHD, so I don't really get how magical eyes make sense in general.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone knows that ninjaologist is just another word for quack. It's really just homeopathy with slightly more pointless murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Run you jerk with an EYE FOR QUALITY you! Run!
Nap Ghost

Does everyone have a kid now? I fully expect a child rearing child badass at some point.

RipVTide fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 28, 2012

• Locked thread