Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Worst comes to worst, Shadow just has to make a getaway with Robot's CPU - Kat can build him an even better body!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

sniper4625 posted:

Worst comes to worst, Shadow just has to make a getaway with Robot's CPU - Kat can build him an even better body!
I am not looking forward to tomorrow, when Shadow possesses the S-robots to let Robot escape and gets vaporized in the process. :(

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I am not looking forward to tomorrow, when Shadow possesses the S-robots to let Robot escape and gets vaporized in the process. :(
Is that even possible anymore?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Zemyla posted:

Is that even possible anymore?

Naw, that one shadow was only able to do it because that tree was grafted onto S13's arm-socket.

e: Oh, you meant getting vaporized. Not sure about that.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

sniper4625 posted:

And it takes three days for the new body to be made and all the other robots thought they managed to kill him so when he comes back Robot's metamorphosis into Literally Robot Jesus will be complete amen.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Whitenoise Poster posted:

And it takes three days for the new body to be made and all the other robots thought they managed to kill him so when he comes back Robot's metamorphosis into Literally Robot Jesus will be complete amen.
Your own...

portable...

Jesus...

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

Brownie posted:

I'm calling it now, this is just a nightmare of Shadow's/Robot's/Kat's. (I never get to call things :smith:)

I have to agree with this. I'm getting a really strong dream sequence vibe here. Have we even seen other S-13 models around the Court before?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Pretty sure the vaporization came from the robot body being destroyed by Jimmy Jims' glowing sword of solid light.

Esme posted:

Have we even seen other S-13 models around the Court before?
Yep!
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=206

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Dec 20, 2012

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

aaaaAAAAAAHHHH! Normally I avoid spending hours reading GCC when someone links it, but not today. :argh: Two hours gone, thanks mate!

I kid, I kid

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I kinda hope that tomorrow it'll be revealed that Robot acted too hastily in attacking and that other seraph was just defending itself. He'll be all like, "What the hell? We just wanted to talk...here's your arm back," but most likely they're there to arrest him or whatever.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
This page really makes me realize how great Robot's design is. He's proportioned like a human, and he dresses like one, but his mitten-hands, and particularly his blank face with the eyes vertically oriented on the left, keep him looking sort of alien. It's a very good look.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Brownie posted:

I'm calling it now, this is just a nightmare of Shadow's/Robot's/Kat's. (I never get to call things :smith:)

I'm hoping for this. I don't even know what to say about the new chapter yet, I'm so bummed to see their happiness possibly screwed up. Robot and Shadow are the only thing to have made me bawl while reading GC so far. I re-read their story again to cheer myself up and yep, more tears.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
Kat totally wired up some sweet multicolored LED eyeball lights for Robot.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Tupperwarez posted:

Your own...

portable...

Jesus...

That's funny. You're funny.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Fingers crossed for Robot to detach his busted arm lizard style, then parkour the hell out of there in a full page spread.

Mainly because I would love to see Tom go buck wild with action poses again.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I JUST noticed how Robot's eyes go from green (previous comic) to yellow and finally red (this comic) as he reacts/attacks, exactly like the doorbot linked earlier on this page. Very subtle!

e: Doorbot here http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=207 (yellow/red) and here http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=211 (yellow/green)

Podima fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 21, 2012

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Zemyla posted:

Yeah. Another sign of the divide being healed is the fact that robots didn't have belief before - look at The Sky Watcher and the Angel. Now they do, and who knows how that affects the Ether.

Oh poo poo, I didn't even think about that. If robot beliefs can affect the ether the same way human beliefs do, and the robots all believe Kat is an angel/god...

Wait, they totally can. Zimmy being terrified of seeing Kat is a recent development. Meaning once the robots started believing Kat was an angel, it literally altered Kat's etheric signature or whatever.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
They practiced this, folks.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

I've only started reading GC three days ago, but I've already reached today's strip and now I don't know what to do with myself. :(

(By the way, who's that big guy who's always hanging around?)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I should not have laughed as much as I did at Robot throwing Shadow away over the edge of a building. I am a bad person D:

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
"Like we practiced." :smith:

Robot knew this day would come, sooner or later. All he can do now is take as many of them as he can with him.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Zemyla posted:

Yeah. Another sign of the divide being healed is the fact that robots didn't have belief before - look at The Sky Watcher and the Angel. Now they do, and who knows how that affects the Ether.

EDIT: Holy gently caress. Coyote failed at making humans because he laughed while he was doing so, resulting in the glass-eyed men. What sound does Coyote's Tooth make?

Wait, isn't it just a built-in thing left over from the old models? The old models all had knowledge of Jeanne, and it seems Sky Watcher had the knowledge but needed it to be triggered. Maybe their belief in an angel is built-in as well.

Also Coyote's tooth gives off his laughter, remember Parley getting introduced to it?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Ursine Asylum posted:

"Like we practiced." :smith:

Robot knew this day would come, sooner or later. All he can do now is take as many of them as he can with him.

I don't think it's that kind of "we practiced", but more the kind that goes "I'm a praticed asskicker, you are a non combattant. Scram and hide before you catch someting not meant for you, like a double high flying kick, while I'm slaughtering those dudes. Catch ya later, love, XOXO".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

1stGear posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't even think about that. If robot beliefs can affect the ether the same way human beliefs do, and the robots all believe Kat is an angel/god...

Wait, they totally can. Zimmy being terrified of seeing Kat is a recent development. Meaning once the robots started believing Kat was an angel, it literally altered Kat's etheric signature or whatever.

Robot beliefs didn't wait for our story to start.
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=648

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Kinda like a modified Fastball Special!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Wa11y posted:

Kinda like a modified Fastball Special!

More like a classic Super Mario throw.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
I really hope what they practiced was landing :smith:

Though if that's safe, that must be a blast to do. Must have been a fun evening, chucking each other off rooftops.

But does that make Robot "Jimmy Jims" strong, or Shadow 2 particularly light?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It looks like most of the weight is from his clothes.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
Run and tell Kat and Annie, Shadow!

They can help. Right? :ohdear:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

M.c.P posted:

I really hope what they practiced was landing :smith:

Though if that's safe, that must be a blast to do. Must have been a fun evening, chucking each other off rooftops.

But does that make Robot "Jimmy Jims" strong, or Shadow 2 particularly light?

Shadow 2 is particularly light. In more technical terms, he has a very slight mass on the molecular level that is so thin it might as well be a layer of light. I think he might also be hollow.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
I bet Robot is the kind of dude who would have a bug out bag. Well, if robots needed that sort of thing.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I wonder if this is the chapter we learn about Robot's mysterious CPU: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=222.

Also, on the next page, one of the first things Robot says after seeing Kat is calling her an angel. It makes me think Kat has been robot...divinity? since the very start and is only recently manifesting itself in a way that Zimmy can see. Basically I'm not sold on the idea that robot thoughts can influence the ether.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Man, Robot's probably had the biggest change out of any of the characters besides maybe Annie. I mean just compare current parkour-cultist-most excellent best friend-bot to the first chapter, where he calls Annie mummie and just likes to walk.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, out of curiosity, who bought me the new avatar? I like it, but it now fills my head with worry for Robot.

It's still nice.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Shadow is the cutest character.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Whitenoise Poster posted:

More like robot John the Baptist. He just keeps spreading the message of one greater than himself.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Smiles posted:

(By the way, who's that big guy who's always hanging around?)

Which one? We got several to choose from.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Brainamp posted:

Which one? We got several to choose from.

I would assume they mean this guy: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=1059

Dunno who he is. Seems familiar though.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Krabkolash posted:

I bet Robot is the kind of dude who would have a bug out bag. Well, if robots needed that sort of thing.

What would a robot put in a bug-out bag? Oil and batteries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SealHammer posted:

What would a robot put in a bug-out bag? Oil and batteries?

The mouse body to sneak away undetected.

Actually, having a small robot body like the mouse "plugged" in a larger robot body like Parkourbot Mk. 1 would be a good idea for precisely this kind of things.

Better yet, wireless control, the robot body being an empty shell remotely controlled while the CPU is in a safe shelter. The Donlan parents have hammerspace technology at their disposal.