Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

Motronic posted:

That's pretty much a poo poo 1800 at a poo poo price.

Yeah, they're cool....but that's a $600 parts car.

What's an 1800ES worth these days then? I know they didn't make many, compared to the coupes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

relative_q posted:

What's an 1800ES worth these days then? I know they didn't make many, compared to the coupes.

For under $10k you can get a very nice one. Parts are expensive, so trying to roll your own out of a disaster is going to end up being financially disastrous.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Motronic posted:

For under $10k you can get a very nice one. Parts are expensive, so trying to roll your own out of a disaster is going to end up being financially disastrous.

In other words, the next uf project?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This thing is for sale right near me for a grand and I want it.

e: ahahahaha dad does not approve

2ndclasscitizen fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 19, 2012

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

2ndclasscitizen posted:

He sounds like a wise man.

And if you're gonna get a wagon, you should get a 1970 Country Squire.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 19, 2012

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3488339018.html

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

They had a '69 XKE for sale in April. :ssh:

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
for 10k you can say you own a (lovely) Ferrari (kinda)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-Ferrari-412-V8-Conversion-400-400i-/160939592674?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2578bf4be2#ht_11708wt_1167

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/3475649278.html

EDIT:For the record, this owns.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 19, 2012

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

2ndclasscitizen posted:

This thing is for sale right near me for a grand and I want it.

Your dad is completely and utterly wrong. The VE Valiant was a great model, still ran the slant six and Torqueflite auto. Pretty well unkillable.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
Some people just cant handle the Mopar, man.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Raw_Beef posted:

Some people just cant handle the Mopar, man.

I would buy that Valiant if it was in my state. I used to have the same model, but a sedan. That wagon has the two barrel "160HP" option motor in it.

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005
Hey have I mentioned yet that my license plate is "TOA5TER"? See, it's kyoot because it's a boxy car! ^_^
Sorry I can't really post screenshots (stuck on mobile), but is this worth calling the guy and taking a look? Hard to tell much of anything from what's there but I don't know much about the market for them.

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/3484112263.html

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

salt the fries! posted:

Sorry I can't really post screenshots (stuck on mobile), but is this worth calling the guy and taking a look? Hard to tell much of anything from what's there but I don't know much about the market for them.

You buy that, and I'll buy that Tempest in Ojai. Then we can be bros.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.

http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/3377195998.html posted:

'83 Mercedes-Benz - Rare AMG 2dr - $2500 (Birmingham)
1983 Mecedes-Benz 380SEC , 2 door coupe with 1985 AMG Package - Beautiful custom interior ( cost $4k) Grey w/red piping trim
Straight body - NO RUST
Engine has 5k (+-), but has broken valve
extra set of high end german made BBS Lorensor 3 piece rims, GOLD/chrome over $3000 in the day!
None like it. tons of potential in this special car!
title in hand.
2500.00 OBO

This is probably the best pre-merger AMG deal around... The interior/exterior/uber-rare wheels are done, and the rest of the work is just bolting stuff on. Easy Fix™

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/3405608191.html posted:

1974 Mercedes 450SCL - $6800 (Eden Prairie)
1974 Mercedes 450SLC. Rare SLC hardtop with electronic sun roof. 145000 miles. Have all repair records. Metalic green paint. CD am/fm radio. have the origonal in the trunk. Great tires. Great Breaks. Runs smooth and fast. It was a great freeway road trip beast. Took it to Red Wing a bunch of times this summer. Put lots of money and parts into the drive train. This baby turns heads.

c107's look Miata-size, but have a curb weight of around 3600lbs.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/cto/3494676875.html

This is pretty common in Baton Rouge. That interior... "nothing is Wrong with da car." :ohdear:

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

mactheknife posted:

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/cto/3494676875.html

This is pretty common in Baton Rouge. That interior... "nothing is Wrong with da car." :ohdear:

I seriously don't understand this... segment of owners. 25" TV? In-dash DVD player? Expensive wheels?

But the rest of the car is falling apart...?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Faerunner posted:

I seriously don't understand this... segment of owners. 25" TV? In-dash DVD player? Expensive wheels?

But the rest of the car is falling apart...?

Pimp My Ride being an object lesson on what not to do to a car was lost on some people.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

If I take the back road to work after going to get coffee, I drive right past what I am almost certain is an old Audi Quattro. It's sitting in the parking lot of I think a pipe making company. It's been in the same place every time, and I doubt it's moved, since it's covered with snow. So tempted to stop and see if it's for sale and how much the owner wants for it.
If the owner has any inkling of what it is, I'd never be able to afford it, and finding any parts would be laughably difficult, not to mention exorbitantly expensive, but I still really really want that car. It wouldn't be that hard to put in modern components right? Right?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Sounds about right. :effort:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

salt the fries! posted:

I'm concerned about the "Rebuilt V8 (260)", since the original engine, if a V8, should be a 330. The 260s were a cut-down version of the Olds V8 from the '80s. Guy could just be mistaken. Other than that, cool old Olds.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

That interior :catstare:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3476117151.html

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

I'd drive it. Its like a mini Ford Transit.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I'd drive it. Its like a mini Ford Transit.

Given that it's a Metro, if you did and got into a accident, it'd likely also be the world's tackiest coffin.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I too would stand and applaud that thing

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

This...actually looks really well done. Of course, looks can be deceiving but (questionable interior design aside) it presents well at least. Only 25 - 30 mpg though, don't these normally get 40+? Whoever gets it should add some big rig style aero up top :haw:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Black88GTA posted:

This...actually looks really well done. Of course, looks can be deceiving but (questionable interior design aside) it presents well at least. Only 25 - 30 mpg though, don't these normally get 40+? Whoever gets it should add some big rig style aero up top :haw:
You didn't see that it was turned into a mini-box truck, then:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

rscott posted:

I too would stand and applaud that thing

The "NO FEAR" sticker on the back is what seals it for me. Imagine trying to take that on an onramp at about 3% grade uphill.. NO FEAR, indeed.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Kenshin posted:

You didn't see that it was turned into a mini-box truck, then:

Oh no, I did, it just seems like the added box by itself shouldn't cause a ~15 mpg hit (although I guess it might, I'm no expert). Which is why I think the new owner should put an airfoil on top of the roof curving up to the box to improve it. Hell, he should do it anyway.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Fo3 posted:

The Holden Camira was Wheels magazine's "car of the year" in 1982, and the Opel Ascona came second place in the "European car of the year" in 1982. :laugh:

To be fair Wheels did eventually acknowledge that was a terrible mistake.

My father worked for Holden New Zealand through the 80s so the family had the misfortune of having company Camiras for that time - the only one that was actually ever any good as the Japanese assembled JJ model we had 85-87 (and that still wasn't as good as an Accord or Bluebird or similar)

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Black88GTA posted:

Oh no, I did, it just seems like the added box by itself shouldn't cause a ~15 mpg hit (although I guess it might, I'm no expert). Which is why I think the new owner should put an airfoil on top of the roof curving up to the box to improve it. Hell, he should do it anyway.
It's the added weight. The Metro got great gas mileage because it hardly weighed anything and had a tiny little engine. Even an especially fat person would cause a hit to the gas mileage.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Kenshin posted:

It's the added weight. The Metro got great gas mileage because it hardly weighed anything and had a tiny little engine. Even an especially fat person would cause a hit to the gas mileage.

Between the weight and added drag that's easily believable.

I used to drive one of these which is essentially the same idea but came like that from the factory and has some degree of attention paid to aerodynamics and it was still pretty awful on fuel at higher speeds (not to mention as scary as hell)

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Not craigslist, but this just showed up on the internal Amazon for-sale email list:

quote:

Pictures: http://s723.beta.photobucket.com/user/Azumoth/story/4333

Engine:
• VQ35HR AT,
• GTM/Transgo Valve Body Tranmission Upgrade,
• Greddy EVO 2 Exhaust System

Suspension:
• H&R CoilOvers

Wheels/Tires Modifications:
• Maya MRS Diamonds F: 20x9 R: 20x10.5
• Yokohama S-Drives (F: 245/35R20)(R: 295/30R20)

Interior/Exterior Modifications:
• Veilside V3 Bodykit (Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Side Skirts, Wing),
• Stoptech 6p Front BBKs,
• G37 Paddle Shifters with custom mount/wiring (using OEM Wheel),
• Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT Stereo Head Unit (w/ DVD in Motion customization),
• 30% Side and Rear Window Tint,
• Shaved S2000 Antenna,
• Mad Eye Lids,
• Veilside Custom Plaque,
• Momo Shift Knob with custom stitched boot,
• Momo E-brake with custom stitched boot,
• CarbonFiber Crown Meter Cover,
• CarbonFiber Wheel and Speedo Trim,
• CarbonFiber Strut Cover,
• CarbonFiber Shift Cover,
• VentureShield Clear Bra

Miles: ~33,000

Asking Price: $26,500
:stare:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That's a lot of work to go to and still be unable to comprehend pushing a pedal with your left foot and moving a stick with your right hand.

Kind of surprised Veilside didn't do more in the back. That's always been my least favorite part of the 350Z.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3517959971.html

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

If it makes it over Dumbarton without catching fire, it's a steal. :haw:

v- I figured that it was just blocked by the window. :shrug:

Viggen fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 3, 2013

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Viggen posted:

The "NO FEAR" sticker on the back is what seals it for me. Imagine trying to take that on an onramp at about 3% grade uphill.. NO FEAR, indeed.

Based on the fact that "FEAR" is on the left, it's most likely a "FEAR THIS" sticker, which is even better.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Kind of surprised Veilside didn't do more in the back. That's always been my least favorite part of the 350Z.

Really? I've always found the 350z ugly but the front bumper is what gets me. It's just so...blunt and boring.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Crustashio posted:

Really? I've always found the 350z ugly but the front bumper is what gets me. It's just so...blunt and boring.
I kind of like how blunt it is. It's more interesting than the Z32 300ZX front bumper at least. Without the "mouth hole" it would look really bad.

The 370Z is where it's at, modern Z-car styling wise. Every angle of that car looks cool even if the back end seems to just disappear without any interesting ideas coming out of the Franco-Nissan design playdoh machine. The brakelights save it, as does the Nismo rear diffuser.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/3462148639.html

I like this even though its ridiculous and looks like someone poorly copy and pasted some MR2 parts on it.