Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GulMadred
Oct 20, 2005

I don't understand how you can be so mistaken.

ToxicFrog posted:

stranded-on-an-island survival game
Try this. It has a link to the ROM as well as author information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

GulMadred posted:

Try this. It has a link to the ROM as well as author information.

Holy poo poo this is it! She remembered it being on DOS, but perhaps there was a DOS version released later? This is definitely the game, though!

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 15, 2014

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird
I have a game that I have been trying to find for ages, to the point that I am not sure it even exists. I would be willing to throw out a forums upgrade if anyone can help figure it out.

I believe it is a kids game that was out around the windows 98 era but it may have been earlier. I was an cartoony 2D adventure that was very dreamlike. It was predominantly displayed on a black background. It starts off with a male and female character sliding down a tongue and you had to control them to make sure they didn't fall off. I remember a laughing moon, a bed that was shaped like a monster of some sort. There was an flying pirate ship that had a red dragon shaped cannon on it. At on point the evil pirate puts a musical note in a maze and you have to control it to help it escape. I believe you also chose to fire the dragon cannon at one point and it damaged a castle. I remember that even if you failed sections the game would continue.

Sorry if this is too vague, I am wracking my brain to try and remember details.

Robiben fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 2, 2012

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010

ToxicFrog posted:

Holy poo poo this is it! I remembered it being on DOS, but perhaps there was a DOS version released later? This is definitely the game, though!

There was a dos version, but it seems to have vanished entirely. I've been looking for a copy for years.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I don't really remember too many details, but I know I used to play this like, game where you were trying to kill a vampire... or maybe you were running from a vampire? It was something like that, I know there were bats, and you could go up and down ladders and stuff... I think there was an exploration aspect? But that might have just been me being an idiot and not knowing where to go.

It was on the Sega Master System, anyway. Can anyone help?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Golden Battler posted:

I don't really remember too many details, but I know I used to play this like, game where you were trying to kill a vampire... or maybe you were running from a vampire? It was something like that, I know there were bats, and you could go up and down ladders and stuff... I think there was an exploration aspect? But that might have just been me being an idiot and not knowing where to go.

Master of Darkness (or In the Wake of the Vampire) could be this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK_KYcq4CR4

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Golden Battler posted:

Could be Ghost House.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Robiben posted:

I have a game that I have been trying to find for ages, to the point that I am not sure it even exists. I would be willing to throw out a forums upgrade if anyone can help figure it out.

I believe it is a kids game that was out around the windows 98 era but it may have been earlier. I was an cartoony 2D adventure that was very dreamlike. It was predominantly displayed on a black background. It starts off with a male and female character sliding down a tongue and you had to control them to make sure they didn't fall off. I remember a laughing moon, a bed that was shaped like a monster of some sort. There was an flying pirate ship that had a red dragon shaped cannon on it. At on point the evil pirate puts a musical note in a maze and you have to control it to help it escape. I believe you also chose to fire the dragon cannon at one point and it damaged a castle. I remember that even if you failed sections the game would continue.

Sorry if this is too vague, I am wracking my brain to try and remember details.

Could it be SpaceKids or Voodoo Kid?

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird

Its SpaceKids! Its funny but after I posted it I finally figured it out after searching for ages! Thanks for finding it anyway. Let me know if you still want that forums upgrade.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Robiben posted:

Its SpaceKids! Its funny but after I posted it I finally figured it out after searching for ages! Thanks for finding it anyway. Let me know if you still want that forums upgrade.

Don't worry about it, I had to ask other person anyway.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
A beat-'em-up for the Neo-Geo that looked and played like Final Fight. I remember it being atrociously difficult, and I'm pretty sure it was one of the earlier titles on the system.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. It was Burning Fight.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 5, 2012

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
An isometric RPG that had a part in a cave or dungeon where you kill a dragon, but the part that stands out was you could make dragonscale armor and they are like 4 or 5 colors you can choose.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Well I know in Baldur's Gate 2 you could do that, but I think the only dragonscale armor colors you were able to make/get were red/black/white.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Hopefully second time's the charm.

There was this one game for the Commodore 64. It was that weird, creepy, psychedelic adventure through fuzzy, pixelated alien-corridors of violet and grey. It will probably never be found, but I might as well give it another shot. It's a 2D sidescroller. You're an astronaut or something and have to traverse these sinus-curve like corridors in pursuit of your unclear goal. There were also enemies, I think I remember a specific enemy looking like some kind of rhombus. The colors were all kinda violet-greyish and the graphics were a fuzzy, microscopic mess. The music kicked rear end, imagine eerie C64 space music. And the game had, amplified by the music, a very dark feeling to it. That's it, thank you for your time.

vvv Sadly, that's not the one. The player sprite was only a few pixels in size and there were like not 3 pixels touching eachother that had the same color, creating that fuzzy look. It's really tough to explain.

Pizzatime fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 6, 2012

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
That sounds very much like Rad Warrior/Sacred armor of antirad.

This ugly thing

The purple corridor area is towards the end.

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

This picture was posted in a GBS thread, anyone know what game it is?

Caitlin posted:

BRAHMA Force: The Assault on Beltlogger 9

Thanks!

Jive One fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 7, 2012

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Jive One posted:

This picture was posted in a GBS thread, anyone know what game it is?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/brahma-force-the-assault-on-beltlogger-9/screenshots

BRAHMA Force: The Assault on Beltlogger 9

jopo
Jan 29, 2007

Kovalev out 6-8 months with lazy bones
This game only came out recently. It's a local multiplayer ios game that simulates being on a spaceship, with each player responsible for a different part of the ship. I'd heard a lot about it recently but google is yielding nothing.

pinacotheca
Oct 19, 2012

Events cast shadows before them, but the huger shadows creep over us unseen.

jopo posted:

This game only came out recently. It's a local multiplayer ios game that simulates being on a spaceship, with each player responsible for a different part of the ship. I'd heard a lot about it recently but google is yielding nothing.

Space Team.

jopo
Jan 29, 2007

Kovalev out 6-8 months with lazy bones

pinacotheca posted:

Space Team.

You just saved me from an afternoon of awkward conversation. Thanks!

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
This is going to be a little different from some of the other requests in this thread.

This is an indie game that came out a few years back. It may have been part of a game creation contest. It's a Metroidvania, meaning that you have a large map broken up into sections, and a number of items scattered across the map that will give the character new abilities, allowing them to access new areas.

This game is about an amnesiac cyborg girl. She wakes up in a pod. There is a recorded message from her scientist father explaining that he had no choice but to make her a cyborg an put her in stasis.

The gameplay is stupid hard.

That is literally all I remember about it. I've spent the last hour doing google searches and I can't find the drat thing anywhere. Maybe another goon remembers it?

I'm looking for it because it might be fun to record it for the Let's Fail Lp thread.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

RickVoid posted:

This is going to be a little different from some of the other requests in this thread.

This is an indie game that came out a few years back. It may have been part of a game creation contest. It's a Metroidvania, meaning that you have a large map broken up into sections, and a number of items scattered across the map that will give the character new abilities, allowing them to access new areas.

This game is about an amnesiac cyborg girl. She wakes up in a pod. There is a recorded message from her scientist father explaining that he had no choice but to make her a cyborg an put her in stasis.

That is literally all I remember about it. I've spent the last hour doing google searches and I can't find the drat thing anywhere. Maybe another goon remembers it?

I'm looking for it because it might be fun to record it for the Let's Fail Lp thread.
This sounds somewhat like Iji.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

This sounds somewhat like Iji.

Nope, it's not that one. Iji is pretty great though.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

RickVoid posted:

Holdover, best known for the magic swimsuit of half-nudity and lots of drowning?

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Holdover, best known for the magic swimsuit of half-nudity and lots of drowning?

There we go. And I'd actually forgotten about that "armor" mechanic. That's a little embarrassing.

I'll mention you in the video if I end up making one. Thanks!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

pinacotheca posted:

Space Team.

Or it's more serious cousin Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
i believe this game recently came out, maybe 3 months ago. First person shooter, and in the demo I saw you started out in the arctic circle, or somewhere really cold. Lots of snow and blowing wind. The guy grabs a HUGE suit, but it is more of an exoskeleton, and he gets in, then exits the facility. Something out there attacks him and he kills it.

Forgedbow
Jun 1, 2012

have a cigar

b0nes posted:

i believe this game recently came out, maybe 3 months ago. First person shooter, and in the demo I saw you started out in the arctic circle, or somewhere really cold. Lots of snow and blowing wind. The guy grabs a HUGE suit, but it is more of an exoskeleton, and he gets in, then exits the facility. Something out there attacks him and he kills it.
Lost Planet? This series is all about snow and exoskeleton type mecha.

e: Oh wait, 3 months ago? Maybe not then.

Forgedbow fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Dec 17, 2012

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Forgedbow posted:

Lost Planet? This series is all about snow and exoskeleton type mecha.

e: Oh wait, 3 months ago? Maybe not then.

yes this is the game! Well I saw the demo 3 months ago not sure when it came out.

Forgedbow
Jun 1, 2012

have a cigar

b0nes posted:

yes this is the game! Well I saw the demo 3 months ago not sure when it came out.
Probably of the third game then. Should be out sometime in 2013. The other two have been out awhile now. Good clean shoot-em-up fun if you haven't tried them.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Flash (I think) platformer where the rules keep changing, like a sequence where you can't move left, or where you can't jump, kinda loving with you. I theeeenk it was Tower of somethingorother and had a gameboy aesthetic, but that might be a different game. Also, it's not DLC Quest.

Forgedbow
Jun 1, 2012

have a cigar

duckfarts posted:

Flash (I think) platformer where the rules keep changing, like a sequence where you can't move left, or where you can't jump, kinda loving with you. I theeeenk it was Tower of somethingorother and had a gameboy aesthetic, but that might be a different game. Also, it's not DLC Quest.
I just discovered this the other day, but I think you're talking about Tower of Heaven.
http://gamejolt.com/games/platformer/tower-of-heaven/1859/

ohjoshdarnit
Nov 2, 2005
Adventurer
Ok, so I remember playing a demo of this PC game back in maybe the late 90s.
It was described as a non-linear and possibly open world game. I think the demo came with a gaming magazine and was getting a bit of hype from it. The main character was a greenish alien guy similar to Abe from Oddworld in appearance. I remember that the world you started out in was pretty green, but that is about it.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

ohjoshdarnit posted:

Ok, so I remember playing a demo of this PC game back in maybe the late 90s.
It was described as a non-linear and possibly open world game. I think the demo came with a gaming magazine and was getting a bit of hype from it. The main character was a greenish alien guy similar to Abe from Oddworld in appearance. I remember that the world you started out in was pretty green, but that is about it.

Hmm, well this is probably way off but the first thing I thought of here was The Divide: Enemies Within. That game is more Metroid than Oddworld, though.

EssOEss
Oct 23, 2006
128-bit approved
It is a racing game from around the year 2000-2002, came out some time around Re-Volt and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. The world looks great and is really nice looking 3D for its time. As far as I can recall, its name was a single word. I went through the GameSpot list of racing games sorted by year but nothing popped up.

The overall style of the game is "fun" and a little "wacky" and the background music is really lighthearted and easygoing. The graphics are not realistic (e.g. scale of buildings vs cars is wrong) but not too cartoonish, either. Imagine the trains from Transport Tycoon, just with much better graphics engine.

Some track that goes between cities/villages has train tracks running through it - if you get hit by the train, you respawn. There are also other "environment" interactions on the tracks. There is some "mountain valley" track that goes through a view villages (with the train). There is a jungle track, with wooden bridges over waterfalls and rolling stone obstacles. There is an island road track.

The cars are nonrealistic - they are the wrong size and do not move right. Just fun and cartoonish. I recall a (smallish) yellow monster truck being one of them.

Do you know what I am talking about?

EssOEss fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 20, 2012

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EssOEss posted:

It is a racing game from around the year 2000-2002, came out some time around Re-Volt and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. The world looks great and is really nice looking 3D for its time. As far as I can recall, its name was a single word. I went through the GameSpot list of racing games sorted by year but nothing popped up.

The overall style of the game is "fun" and a little "wacky" and the background music is really lighthearted and easygoing. The graphics are not realistic (e.g. scale of buildings vs cars is wrong) but not too cartoonish, either. Imagine the trains from Transport Tycoon, just with much better graphics engine.

Some track that goes between cities/villages has train tracks running through it - if you get hit by the train, you respawn. There are also other "environment" interactions on the tracks. There is some "mountain valley" track that goes through a view villages (with the train). There is a jungle track, with wooden bridges over waterfalls and rolling stone obstacles. There is an island road track.

The cars are nonrealistic - they are the wrong size and do not move right. Just fun and cartoonish. I recall a (smallish) yellow monster truck being one of them.

What platform was it on?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

EssOEss posted:

I'm betting Ignition.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Makes me think of Carmageddon, but probably just because Carmageddon is an awesome game and I want to play it now.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Yeah, that has to be Ignition. Really fun little racer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take_it_slow
Jul 7, 2011

Does anyone remember the name of a neat little indie game that came out within the last year. It reminded me a lot of yume nikki, in that you were a kid who went around transforming into different items based on what you touch. I remember that you start in your house and get blocked from going outside, possibly because you don't have an umbrella. At one point you turn into a submarine, and at another point you visit the moon, all in a quest for three eggs. Very simplistic graphical style. Any guesses?